Court of the Fallen
[Seasonal Event] The morning after - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [Seasonal Event] The morning after (/showthread.php?tid=447)

Pages: 1 2

[Seasonal Event] The morning after - Remi - 01-17-2019

Remi's large amber eyes slowly opened, blinking away sleep and taking stock of his surroundings. Slowly the night before filtered back into his mind: finding Isla in the snow, hearing of her ascension...the bite and all that came after. Closing his eyes again and sighing inwardly, he scrunched them closed one more time before opening them to see—

—a tawny feline form next to him.

Raising his maned head, the lion looked down to discover that rather than the blonde he'd fallen asleep with, there now lay curled a decided un-human form. A lioness.

More surprised than he should have been—Sam was able to replicate his magic after drinking after all—Remi merely stared down at the tawny feline, before raising one of his large paws and batting it playfully towards Isla's nose.

RE: [Seasonal Event] The morning after - Isla - 01-17-2019

Isla slept like the dead. (Ha?) Nestled against a tawny side with her fingers buried in a soft mane, it was hardly a surprise. Oh, but there were surprises to come, as she was about to find out. A heavy paw batted towards her nose and she scrunched up her face, something twitching (whiskers, she'd find out soon enough). Raising her arms to cover her face and finding herself nuzzling at large, tufted paws instead, Isla let out a grumble of sleepy confusion - that, too, became something markedly different, and her growl rippled around the shop.

Amber eyes blinked open. Isla found herself staring up at Remi from her supremely comfortable position nestled up against his side on her back, tail flicking back and forth contentedly. As reality sank in she couldn't help but roll to try and get her feet under her, clumsy on four paws and ending up rolling awkwardly back to the ground. She huffed; it was too early for this.

RE: [Seasonal Event] The morning after - Remi - 01-17-2019

With sleepy amusement, Remi watched Isla finding her new around the new proportions of her new body. With a massive yawn, Remi swiped at his own eyes with a large paw, before lazily leaning back to watch her awkwardly try and stand on her own four feet.

[say]Interesting morning after look you're sporting.[/say] Remi thought towards her, his mental voice a good deal more accented than his audible one was. If he had eyebrows he would have raised one mockingly, but instead he just gave her a lion-like grin before rising as well.

Leaning himself forward he stretched in that delicious way that only 4-legged creatures seem to be truly capable of and yawned again. [say]Well, so much for flying.[/say] He thought teasingly, the smile in his mental voice clear and bright. [say]And I am not sure I am up for another ...[/say] Trailing off, Remi shrugged his bony shoulders, unsure really what to call what had happened. [say]But I am sure we could have some fun like this?[/say]

Moving towards her, Remi shouldered her with his own, teeth grazing against her blonde pelt playfully.

RE: [Seasonal Event] The morning after - Isla - 01-17-2019

When Isla blinked a few times and she still wasn't waking up (i.e. was still a lioness) she finally realised what had happened. Her body was so different, so... not her own, and yet it moved and breathed with her. Only Remi's voice - in her mind, no less - stopped the mounting panic in its tracks, Isla turning amber eyes on the alchemist to watch as he stretched so deliciously (and easily - the bastard). [say]Am... Am I doing this right?[/say]

She was talking about the telepathy rather than the stretch, but she was trying that out too. Tail flicking claws digging into the ground, Isla might have still been a bit unsteady but she could definitely start to get behind this whole languid feline business. [say]Who said lions can't fly?[/say] she inquired, yawning widely and sitting back on her haunches. She wasn't really up for another 'round' either, for lack of better word, but she tilted her head at the mention of having fun.

[say]What did you have in mind? I don't... I don't think I know how to change back. This happened while I was aslee-- ah![/say]

The nudge with his shoulder sent her flying, the lionness ending up rolling over much like a kitten before she found her feet again. [say]Hey![/say] She laughed, trying for a pounce at him. It could only end well.

RE: [Seasonal Event] The morning after - Remi - 01-18-2019

Remi pulled his lips back slightly in as close to a smirk as he could get. Yes he’d heard her words if that’s what she meant, but her movements were terribly awkward. [say]If this is what you are like the morning after, I can see why you have decided to be a spinster.[/say] He joked, tail flicking playfully behind him.

[say]I have tried actually-[/say] Remi admitted. As he did so, great tawny wings sprouted from his sides. As they flapped precisely nothing happened at all. [say]These bones are not hollow. No flying for us like this.[/say] Still, it was quite the impressive sight.

Letting his wings disappear as he nudged her, he roared with laughter as she tumbled onto her back. Remaining where he was as she pounced on him, he leaned into her impact, rearing up slightly to try and drape a paw over her shoulder. Biting playfully at one of her ears, he pulled himself off of her (if indeed she’d endured it), and looked out the window. [say]How do you feel about hunting?[/say]

RE: [Seasonal Event] The morning after - Isla - 01-18-2019

Isla's amber eyes grew wide, her fur ruffling ever so slightly at the magnificent wings that unfurled from Remi's sides. Her jaw dropped for a moment - a hilarious look on a lioness - and it took a moment and a mental shake for her to get her bearings again. [say]Whether or not you can actually fly, that is incredible... I... were I a veterinarian I would be very interested in studying those one day.[/say] Letting out a huff, she turned her attention to other things to stop from feeling envious (it was bad enough that Remi could do this at will).

First was trying to keep balanced, and then was trying to learn how to playfight with teeth and claws. A playful growl thrummed up in her chest as he slung a hefty paw over her and bit at her ear. Her jaws opened and she bared her teeth, flopping onto her back again to bare her belly and try to swipe at his chin.

[say]Hunting? I... I don't think I am a very good hunter, Remi. But if you would teach me I can try.[/say]

The mention of a veterinarian made the alchemist think of Martha. Inhaling deeply and exhaling a puff of disparaging air, he gave Isla a sly stare. [say]I knew it. All along you have only wanted me for my body.[/say] He mentally chuckled, knowing that it wasn't and had never been true. Then again, given her recent ascension perhaps it would; his blood if not his body anyways.

As her paws batted at his chin, he playfully snarled trying to gently bite at them as they gently battered the underside of his jaw.

[say]Trust me, in that body I think you will find your instincts kick in quite quickly.[/say] Remi murmured with a knowing sort of growl. It was the reason why he'd last visited her in the infirmary after all, those instincts were.

Biting at the swell of her rib cage, Remi playfully heaved himself away from her and trotted towards the door. [say]Well?[/say] He purred, reaching up with a paw and batting at the latch of the door until it opened.

[say]I wouldn't say that, though it has certainly helped.[/say] Isla laughed through their mental link, though a gentle growl escaped her throat as his teeth closed around her before he padded away to the door. Rolling, she found her feet much more easily this time, tilting her head as she watched him bat at the door latch. [say]Oh, the advantage of thumbs.[/say] She snorted, whiskers twitching as she loped after him.

The door clicked open, revealing the frozen world and the deep snow of the settlement outside. It was still only early morning, so no one was about to panic at the sight of two lions plodding about. Isla's fur bristled - oh, right, she could feel the cold again in this body.

[say]Are you sure we can't just stay where it's warm?[/say] Slowly, she pressed a paw out onto the icy ground, pulling it back and growling unhappily before making herself take her first steps outside. [say]Lead the way, lion king.[/say]

At her growls of protest, Remi turned around and gave her a blank golden stare. [say]Is that whining I hear? Coming from Isla, combat medic and enjoyer of dead things? Isla who is now wearing the body of a lion, put off by a bit of snow?[/say] Remi mocked. As she acquiesced, he grinned at her and nodded. [say]That's what I thought.[/say] He hummed cheerfully. [say]Though I admit paws are not the best for trudging through the snow. Perhaps we can make our way to the Woodlands where there is less of it on the ground.[/say]

So saying Remi took off at a brisk trot through the settlement streets. Surely anyone who saw them would assume the pair of lions were Attuned, but even so, they were probably quite the sight to behold.

Rather than respond verbally to Remi's taunting, Isla merely roared her displeasure, snorting at the snow before trudging after him. The Woodlands seemed like a good idea, in fact - the deep snow was unwelcome especially on the underside of her new pelt, and she followed Remi much less gracefully - at first. He was not wrong about instinct, and somewhere on their trek through the Settlement she seemed to find her paws, trotting up beside him and nudging against him with her shoulder.

Swatting some snow at him with her paw, she snapped her teeth playfully and bounded out towards the fields with her tail high, a tawny blob against the tundra. [say]This isn't so bad when you get used to it, huh?[/say] She glanced over her shoulder at him. [say]How do you ever get anything done, being able to do this at a whim?[/say]

RE: [Seasonal Event] The morning after - Remi - 01-19-2019

Snapping at the snow, Remi watched with the most amused expression his face could make as Isla galloped away from him. With a roar of amusement, Remi stretched and reached and bounded after her, chuckling through their mental bond. [say]Other than the occasional attacking people part it is quite nice.[/say] The joke was probably in poor taste, but at this point it was just easier to laugh about the catastrophe his life had become than dwell on any one incident too closely.

[say]I am single, live on my own, and am my own employer.[/say] He chuckled back with a feline shrug of his shoulders.

Suddenly Remi halted, a paw lifted in the air as if he were a pointer dog rather than a predator. His whiskers flickered slightly as his golden eyes homed in on something in the distance. [say]Do you smell that?[/say] He asked, not taking his eyes off of the fluttering of gold ahead.

RE: [Seasonal Event] The morning after - Isla - 01-20-2019

[say]I will try to avoid that, personally,[/say] Isla said as she tromped through the snow, kicking up flurries of the stuff as she bounded along, laughing at his quip in response to her. [say]As a lion you'd be able to provide for yourself just as well as if you were your own employer,[/say] she pointed out, [say]though I suppose it would be a little lonesome after a while. Still, this is good for trying to get away for a while...[/say]

Isla paused in the snow at the same time as Remi, though she wasn't sure exactly why. She could smell that, her golden eyes flicking in the same direction. It was only just sunrise, and the glow ahead of them was retreating towards the Woodlands. Baring her teeth and sniffing at the air, Isla instinctively slowed to what was best described as a prowl.

[say]I do,[/say] she said. [say]Smells delicious.[/say]

RE: [Seasonal Event] The morning after - Remi - 01-21-2019

Lonliness was not something Remi had ever truly encountered until he'd met Loren. Prone to being quite social, until the Launceleyn had opened his eyes to all that he'd been missing out on, the alchemist was actually quite content with his close circle of friend, but spending the nights on his own. Oh occasionally he'd wined up in the bed of some woman or other after drinking far too much, staring too long at another man and feeling the need to bolster his reputation against anyone who might have watched him too closely, but lonely? Never.

Not until now anyways.

Being able to speak telepathically while on the hunt was probably one of the biggest boons any two predators might share. [say]Lets come at it from either side[/say] Remi hummed into her mind, already tasting the alluring and phantom tang of blood on his tongue. Drifting to the left, Remi tried to prowl as silently as he could through the snow. It was a strange effort, both trying to move swiftly but also to try not to crack the harder spots of ice beneath his paws.

RE: [Seasonal Event] The morning after - Isla - 01-22-2019

Isla didn't respond in his mind directly, and she had zoned in on their prey with sharp golden eyes, but Remi would likely still feel her thrum of agreement if nothing else. He took the left and she drifted off towards the right, taking a small detour until she was able to reach an area where the ground was more packed together, giving her better purchase to prowl ahead.

As they drew closer the delicious smell became a shape - a reindeer with magnificent glowing antlers. Luxere, Isla noted to herself distantly. She liked the creatures in truth, and delighted in their gentle natures and inquisitive noses. Unfortunately, despite all of that the predator in her was more interested in how the thing would taste.

Slowing to a creep, she glanced up to try and spot her tawny hunting partner, checking to see if they were in an appropriate position to pincer it in.