Court of the Fallen
cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Character Resources (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Forum: Not-Canon (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: cut our teeth and make our bones right here (/showthread.php?tid=7764)

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 07-20-2023

[say]"Hey. I am a powerful monster I'll have you know."[/say] The wendigo says dryly as he's nudged, not minding at all but opting not to retaliate. As for the shop keeper? Glancing over his shoulder back toward the door and looking mildly impressed, he turned back to Ronin nodding. [say]"I did see an old woman, although.."[/say] Crinkling one cheek toward his eye, the wendigo gives his head a dispairing little shake. [say]"..it has been a minute since I've been with anyone, so she's probably saving herself a good deal of trouble. Or, if not trouble, 2 minutes of her life that she'll never get back."[/say] Remi says, laughing boyishly if only because 2 minutes would absolutely be a stretch even if she stayed looking like an old woman.

[say]'That is exactly what I mean.'[/say] Remi counters as if Ronin was the idiot, before snorting. [say]"dO u kNoW ThAy YoUr SeNsE oF SmeLl iS a HuGe TriGgEr foR MeMoRy?"[/say] He repeats mockingly as they gravitate toward a stall of clothing. [say]"Why yes, yes I did Ronin, not least of all because the smell of blood is never just blood to me."[/say] Remi says softly, but only because of the merchant who was eyeing the pair as if to determine if either had any actual money to spend.

[say]"Oh no."[/say] Remi tuts. [say]"That means if I ever do go for the orgy I'm going to be reminded of you and your disgusting breakfast."[/say]

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Ronin - 07-20-2023

[say]"Two minutes? Someone's being generous with their estimations,"[/say] Ronin drawls, taking another drink of cola before capping it and replacing it in the paper bag so he can properly browse, though it's feeling a great deal more like his shopping trip now than Remi's. [say]"Listen, I can't help it if you can smell someone's childhood memories when they cut themselves shaving,"[/say] he mutters as he finds a suitable sweater to replace his bloodied one. [say]"And you're one to talk. At least I can eat my breakfast with my mouth instead of absorbing it like some amoeba."[/say]

Checking the sweater fits in that ever-so-man way of holding it up against his body, Ronin is quick to decide on a yes (mainly because it's basically identical to the one he's given to Remi) and hands it to the merchant to bag up. [say]"Come on, you haven't sassed this stall or my dress sense or the state of the street once. It's been at least ten seconds - you're slacking."[/say]

[say]"Oh? And how long do you last with the demigoddess then?"[/say] Remi wants to know, shooting the hunter an accusatory look before looking back toward the various hanging garments. Grinning mischievously to himself, the wendigo's head tilts back and forth a few times as he touches various things before ultimately passing them over. [say]"It isn't all it's cracked up to be, honestly."[/say] He says finally with a small shrug before pulling at the sleeve of a sweater to better view the pattern on it.

[say]"Right, and that's why one of us has incredibly white teeth and the other one is you."[/say] Remi counters, flashing Ronin a bright white smile and bobbing his eyebrows.

[say]"I was shopping."[/say] With his nostrils dramatically flared, the wendigo lets go of the sweater (it had some weird alpacas dancing across it) and eyes Ronin from head to toe. [say]"I didn't want to hurt your feelings. Pretty sure I heard you crying softly into your pillow last night. Something about how lonely you were and how you were hoping your penis-enlargement pills would work soon."[/say] This, of course, the wendigo says quite loudly and with a sunny smile.

[say]"Oh, at least 3 minutes,"[/say] Ronin says, as if Remi is far below par in that regard; quite when their joking developed into ribbing about sexual prowess he doesn't know, but honestly, it beats risking their lives and getting ripped to pieces by sirens and nuckelavee. [say]"Ow, my feelings,"[/say] he drawls, and he'd clap back with something about having tastebuds and being able to feel pleasure, but that feels like it might cut too close to the bone.

Apparently penis-enlargement pills and crying into one's pillow is fair game, though. [say]"Oooh, you thought that was me?"[/say] He hisses in a breath through his teeth as he pays for the sweater. [say]"I'm so sorry, I meant to tell you that you talk in your sleep."[/say] At least the merchant is getting entertainment from their comedic genius. Nodding at the sweaters, alpacas and all, Ronin wordlessly asks if his friend might like to do more shopping.

Scrunching his nose in disbelief, Remi makes a show of looking around the stall for something before turning back to Ronin. [say]"I think we'd better pick up a stopwatch while we're out."[/say] He suggests helpfully. [say]'Or maybe a sand timer?'[/say]

Snickering, the wendigo pushes his tongue against the inside of his cheek, having to resist the urge to slap the coins out of Ronin's hand for no reason other than to be a shit. [say]"So you heard me crying and didn't come in to comfort me?"[/say] The wendigo wants to know, a hand going to his chest as if to douse the sudden pain there. [say]"And I"m only taking the pills to please you. I'd have expected a bit more understanding and appreciation."[/say] Nodding toward the merchant as if for support, Remi tsks under his breath.

Truly having absolutely no idea at all what he might like to bring back with him to the medical wing, Remi meandered through the stalls more than content merely to drown his eyes in all the things to see. [say]"Actually... what about those books that are hollowed out inside?"[/say] Though Remi hadn't been able to take everything that the hunters had given him as a token of their appreciation, the few items he had brought back with him were currently hidden under his mattress. Maybe a suitably boring-looking book would go unnoticed on his table by Grimm.

[say]"Definitely a sand timer - you don't have to wind those. And you can't read analog watches,"[/say] Ronin points out, praising himself internally for being a good listener and nodding his thanks to the merchant. It takes all of his willpower not to give Remi a shove while he's at it, because there's banter and then there's the overfamiliarity that almost got someone eaten yesterday in the bar.

Done with his shopping (everything except dildos, apparently), Ronin also slows his steps, happy to dawdle through the stalls and shops to see if Remi does see anything he likes. [say]"Mm? Oh, yeah - some of those are pretty cool,"[/say] he agrees, hovering by a stall full of those types of knick-knacks and peering at the ones on offer. [say]"They've got War and Peace, or The Oddysey... oh, but I feel like you might be more of a Wind in the Willows kind of guy."[/say] he gestures to the book-nook on display.

[say]'You are such a good friend, even if you are being paid for it."[/say] Or cast in the role, or whatever.

[say]"Wind in the...?"[/say] Narrowing his eyes as if he was in need of glasses, the wendigo reaches out for the book and gives it a little shake in order to open the cover. A few pages flutter, but for the most part, the majority stay in place revealing a perfectly hollowed-out interior. [say]"Well, I suppose if this is the most me, it'll be the least suspicious to have."[/say] Glancing at Ronin - he had their money, after all - Remi raises a brow. [say]"This way I could keep the things the hunters gave me without worrying about them being accidentally thrown away if my bed gets tossed."[/say] This happened far more often than there was any need for; Grimm just liked upsetting his routine and upsetting it absolutely was.

[say]"Alright, how much does that leave for dildos?"[/say]

[say]"Did you never read that?"[/say] Ronin grins, shaking his head and watching with unbidden fascination as Remi actually picks something up and examines it properly. Even more so when he's intent on buying it, Ronin taking a few notes from the roll and handing them over to the merchant, who offers to put the book in a paper bag for Remi.

[say]"Oh, plenty,"[/say] he says, handing out the rest of the cash for Remi to take. [say]"You can keep it - buy as many as you want,"[/say] he says. Or, y'know, maybe he'll be tempted by something else now that he's bought one thing, and Ronin isn't going to be responsible for acting as some form of self-restraint. Not for a shopping spree, anyway.

[say]"Did I, an Italian child, ever read a very obviously British book about moles?"[/say] Remi asks, eyebrows raised and lips twitching into a smirk. Nodding, though looking unsure, the wendigo offers a slight smile as he reaches for the paper bag, before peering into it as if to make sure everything was in order.

Looking at the money and frowning if only because what passed for American currency these days was so dull, he nods and pockets it. The smell of something catches the wendigo's attention, and were it not for the fact that his eyes remained pale and gold-tinged instead of darkly predatory, the way he snapped his head over his shoulder might have suggested that there was blood in the air.

Grinning suddenly as his gaze lands upon something, Remi looks at Ronin before tilting his head in the direction he'd just been looking. [say]"Come on. I have an idea."[/say] So saying it's with eerie speed and silence that the wendigo seems to blur through the crowd, headed toward what appeared to be just a regular coffee stand. By the time Ronin catches up, he'll find that Remi had given (read: poorly bartered) away most of his remaining money. Hurridly packing things up just in case Remi changes his mind, the merchant shoves several items into a large bag.

[say]"You, an Italian child, know that it's a British book about moles,"[/say] Ronin points out dryly, despite the fact that the blurb for the book and at least a few of the pages would have been quite legible for Remi to read. Thanking the merchant while the wendigo checks that his singular purchase is in order, Ronin is about to suggest they go to spend their money on something that isn't a set of dildos to decorate the window sills of his apartment, when quite suddenly Remi is focused.

[say]"What is it, boy? Did little Timmy fall down the well?"[/say] Ronin grins, but the sudden and eerie way his friend melts through the crowd has him suddenly on edge; whether it's because there's danger in store or because Remi has lost all self-control, the hunter isn't sure. Needless to say, when he catches up to the wendigo to find him at a coffee stand of all places, Ronin can only stand by and watch.

[say]"Are you having fun?"[/say] he asks.

Holding up the book, the wendigo taps the cover. [say]"British, innit."[/say] He says, affecting Ronin's accent (poorly), as his finger indicates some British children's book award sticker placed on the corner.

Remi might have asked who Timmy was and what well Ronin was talking about, or he might have flipped him off were it not for the brilliance of the idea taking form in his mind. [say]'Mm?'[/say] Looking over his shoulder as if surprised it had taken Ronin so long to catch up, the wendigo grins proudly before tucking the bulky bag under one arm. [say]"I will show you when we are back at your apartment."[/say] He says with a vague but clearly excited smile.

[say]"Now, I have..."[/say] Remi holds out a few coins and two crinkled paper notes for Ronin's inspection. [say]"..would you like anything else to put in your mouth before we go back, or...?"[/say] Tits or food, dealers choice.

Not wanting to point out that he was, in fact, Irish and not British, Ronin instead contents himself with trying to keep Remi in his line of sight and feeling relieved that the wendigo hasn't found some bleeding homeless person to chomp down on. [say]"Oh, secrets huh?"[/say] He raises his eyebrows, before glancing rather obviously to the coffee vendor as if that might not be the biggest hint in the world.

Still, seeing Remi excited about something has Ronin feeling all kinds of ways (dear diary, today my friend got to go shopping for the first time), and so he nods along to say he'll wait. As for the remainder of the money, though, it's with a scoff that the hunter selects the notes from Remi's hands and steps away to another one of the stalls. [say]"I have just the thing,"[/say] he says, and when he returns, it's with a small, handpainted piggybank. [say]"Put the coins in there,"[/say] he says.

[say]"Suprises."[/say] Remi corrects, and while yes what he has probably isn't some big secret, just let him have this, okay?

Still looking quite pleased with himself, the wendigo watches after Ronin as the hunter departs and then comes back. What is an incredibly sweet gesture has Remi's smile growing sad as he reaches out for the small ceramic pig. Brushing his thumb softly over the painted whorls of pink and white that decorate the pig's side, the wendigo stills for a moment clearly lost in his own thoughts.

[say]"Gratzie."[/say] He says softly, voice suddenly rough with emotion. Hazarding a quick look up at the hunter, Remi reverently places the remaining coins into the slot before pocketing the pig in the most secure pocket of his trenchcoat. [say]"I..."[/say] He begins, before licking his lower lip and starting again. [say]"I used to have one like this not so long ago."[/say]

[say]"Right, right. Surprises,"[/say] Ronin nods while his expression says he's more likely shaking his head, but however Remi wants to play it is fine with him. By the time he's returned with the piggy bank, the coffee vendor has finished putting everything into a bag for the wendigo and since Remi has started to buffer again in a way he's slowly getting used to, Ronin picks up said bag (without looking into it, of course).

Not expecting the thanks - and even his Irish ass can discern that much of the Italian language - the hunter starts to smile before it abruptly melts away again. He wants to apologise, but even that doesn't seem right, and so he nods for them to keep walking instead. [say]"Were you saving up for anything nice with it?"[/say] he wonders casually.