Court of the Fallen
cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Character Resources (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Forum: Not-Canon (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: cut our teeth and make our bones right here (/showthread.php?tid=7764)

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 08-02-2023

Offering Ronin his middle finger if only because the pace the hunter was setting had fire running up and down Remi's calves such that he didn't have enough air in his lungs to trudge along and hurl insults, only when they made it to Ronin's front door could the wendigo properly huff and puff to get his breath back. [say]"Where...fucking...else?"[/say] He panted, feeling dizzy and warm and vaguely weightless.

[say]"Hey, look-"[/say] So saying, the wendigo obnoxiously runs his fingers all along the silver once Ronin's 823475234 bolts were opened. [say]"Not a thing."[/say] Clapping his hands together in a very Italian gesture of lets go! Remi cheerfully makes his way into Ronin's kitchen, before squinting at the cabinets as they began to creep down toward the floor. [say]"Erm..."[/say] Not able to remember where Ronin kept his whiskey, especially not with everything spinning about, the wendigo opted to plunk himself down at the table instead and let Ronin do the heavy lifting.

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Ronin - 08-02-2023

Unable not to find the entire situation vaguely hilarious - Ronin hasn't realised how much he's gotten used to Remi keeping pace with him as if it's nothing at all - he at least hurries up with the locks and lets the door swing open. Raising his eyebrows as if impressed (and he is, actually) to see Remi groping all of the silver in his doorway, he nonetheless locks up as normal before turning to see the other man eyeing up his cabinets.

[say]"Really? It hasn't been that long,"[/say] he chastises Remi with a chuckle, moving to reach into the designated cabinet (a slender one at floor level) and draw out the bottle of amber liquid. There's still over half in it, so plenty for them to enjoy. [say]"Alright, now in my opinion this isn't horse piss, so if you don't like it, whiskey probably really isn't for you,"[/say] he tells him, pouring two glasses and sliding one across the counter.

[say]"You know, I have always suspected whiskey of being one of those cool drinks that no one actually likes."[/say] Remi muses as he reaches out for the glass. Hesitating as if expecting the smell of it to instantly reach his nose, when it doesn't - and why should it, human as he is - he lifts the glass without hesitation and shoots it back.

That's what he was meant to do, right?

Grinding his teeth together and squeezing his eyes closed, Remi accidentally slams the glass down onto the table as he inhales. [say]"Ayyyy."[/say] Well, it wasn't horse piss, but nor was it a good chianti. [say]"I think you and I might have different definitions of what means a special occasion. Err..what a special occasion means."[/say] Remi corrects as his cheeks flush anew with the heat happily bubbling up from his stomach.

No longer in need of his coat, the wendigo shrugs out of it, and as he twists to toss it over his chair, very nearly ends up on the ground in so doing.

[say]"I feel the same way about wine, if it's any consolation. Replace cool with cultured, though,"[/say] Ronin says with a smirk, taking a small sip of his whiskey only for Remi to yeet the whole drink back. [say]"WH-"[/say] just about has the chance to leave his lips, but it's too late and the alcohol is gone, leaving Ronin laughing weakly.

[say]"You don't need to knock that back,"[/say] he cautions the other man, already on his feet to see Remi almost making a beeline for the ground. [say]"It's been a long time since you were able to get drunk, hasn't it?"[/say] he adds. Ronin isn't immune, of course, and the three drinks in quick succession are already making his fingers feel numb and his eyes a little heavy, but he's not Remi yet.

[say]"Come on, let's go sit down so you don't fall and die,"[/say] he suggests with a lopsided smile.

[say]"Well, you're just plain wrong, there."[/say] The Remi says, intentionally doing his best to seem both condescending and apologetic. [say]'It is a shame your tongue is so uncultured."[/say]

Blinking dumbly across the table, before his eyes mark his empty glass uncertainly, Remi raises his fingers, palm up. [say]"Well, bit late now."[/say] He mumbles as if this was Ronin's fault. [say]"nnnnnnnn."[/say] The wendigo confirms inarticulately as he braces himself against the table and manages to sit upright. Skeptically, because he was sitting down and so he wasn't sure how sitting somewhere else would be safer, Remi nevertheless complies with as much immediacy as he's able.

Standing, the wendigo is forced to pause as the world gives an experimental spin which has him shifting to the right as if trying to find his footing on an unsteady boat. [say]"It has been a minute since I have felt like...haven't felt this co-or--ord-co-r...sentito questo coordinato."[/say] Able to spit out the words in Italian much more easily than English, Remi waves a hand dismissively at this blunder before making his way unsteadily toward the living room.

[say]"How dare you,"[/say] Ronin says haughtily. [say]"My tongue is perfectly cultured, thank you. You just haven't been all the places I have, so you wouldn't know."[/say] His smiles are coming more easily than ever now, and the warmth in his belly is spreading up into his chest, so when Remi sways as though they're on the deck of a boat, it's easy for Ronin to reach out and steady him.

[say]"It's been a minute since I heard you speak so much Italian,"[/say] he chirps back with a laugh, trying to act as a guiding force as they head into the living room. Unfortunately given that the hunter is increasingly losing his sobriety as well, what starts as a slow walk ends up picking up the pace until he's practically stumbling towards the sofa. [say]"Slow down!"[/say] he demands, as though Remi is in control of that.

[say]"Mmm."[/say] Remi huffs doubtfully, all dimples and green eyes made all the more shiny for his mischief. Finding himself comfortably caught by Ronin, the wendigo slips an arm around the hunter's waist to help steady himself. [say]"It's easier when my tongue feels like this, and my brain feels...the same."[/say] Which was to say a bit fuzzy, but so long as the room was only swaying and not spinning like a cyclone, Remi thought he'd be able to stay on the pleasant side of drunk.

[say]"I really did not think it would hit me that hard."[/say] And though the alcohol hadn't, Ronin was about to. [say]"Non tu!"[/say] He had time to (helpfully) sass as the hand around the hunter's waist tried to tug him in the opposite direction. This did nothing of course, and not just because Ronin's momentum was absolutely going to see them tumbling toward the couch but because there was little to no strength in the wendigo's body to draw on.

Closing his eyes and bracing unsteadily for impact, Remi felt the floor rising up to greet them as everything seemed to swap positions.

And thus another memory is added to the bank of ridiculousness that details their friendship. Luckily for Remi, perhaps, they don't slap into the ground so much as they try to rugby tackle the couch, and Ronin can't tell if he's swearing or laughing or both. Either way he at least manages to turn them so they don't fully headbutt the furniture, Ronin ending up slumped into the sofa with the wendigo atop him like some Italian, whiskey scented blanket.

[say]"You're lucky you're not heavy,"[/say] he manages with laughter that's quickly getting out of control. [say]"What the fuck was that?"[/say] Fighting to get Remi's too long hair out of his mouth and his knee out of an altogether more sensitive place, he swats at the other man's face and hands as if to wrestle him away. [say]"Apologise to the couch!"[/say]

For Remi's part, he's feeling as if this is all some strange carnival ride that he's signed on for and is doing his best to enjoy. When it ends, he's both exhilarated and vaguely confused about the whole ordeal, but there's a rather giddy smile on his lips.

[say]'And you are lucky you're not...Kevin."[/say] You know, from the paper documentary? Burn on you, Ronin. Tutting Italian-y, the wendigo arches his back and hisses as Ronin's knee very nearly slides between his legs rather than to the side, before he's slapping the hunter's hand back while shakily bracing himself with the other. [say]'No you what the fuck was that!'[/say] He counters, before scowling playfully.

[say]"You are the one who put the couch here, so if anything, you apologize!"[/say] It's difficult for the wendigo to hand-talk while using his elbow to support himself and with the other both gesticulating and also trying to slap Ronin's own hands out of the way.

[say]"I mean... I think so too,"[/say] Ronin considers, about not being Kevin. He's very lucky, in fact, and for a moment the tension in him seems to have disappeared in lieu of a sunny smile up at the other man. Then Remi goes and slaps his hand out of the way and they're fighting again, albeit badly and with absolutely no clue as to why.

[say]"If I hadn't put the couch here you'd have thrown us into the wall,"[/say] he counters, his hands falling still as he realises the way the other man is trying to gesture with the same hand he's trying to fight with. Overwhelmed with Remi's Italian-ness in the moment, Ronin of course breaks down into a fit of laughter, leaving his hands pathetically vulnerable.

It doesn't matter why, it only matters who wins; such are the drunken rules that all boys are taught growing up, regardless of nationality.

[say]"Me? I would only have thrown us into a wall per cercare di salvarti! If you had not grabbed me I would still be standing!"[/say] As Ronin laughs instead of admitting defeat, the wendigo opts to try and capture one of the hunter's hands with one of his own, that he might simultaneously pin it above his partner's head and use it to keep himself braced. He might not weigh a lot, but everyone knew that crushing your opponent was just cheating.

[say]"Ora tu dici che ti dispiace sul divano! E al muro! e anche a me!"[/say] The Italian demands in rolling syllables and words that will mean absolutely nothing to the hunter. Still, Remi raises his eyebrows expectantly that the other man might do precisely as instructed.

Too busy with his own amusement to realise he's being pinned into the couch as well as having Remi on top of him, the hunter has to take a second or two to even realise he has no idea what the fuck the other man is saying half the time any more. [say]"Wh... if I hadn't grabbed you, you'd be on the ground,"[/say] he informs him pleasantly enough, only for Remi to go full fucking Italian.

Blinking up at the wendigo with wide blue eyes that are absolutely uncomprehending of what's being asked of him, the only thing Ronin can really focus on are the shape of Remi's lips forming the words and the weight and heat of the body pressing into his own. And so, in what's likely another rule that all boys are taught growing up, Ronin succumbs to the tipsy and impulsive suggestions of his mind and leans up to silence the melody spilling from the other man's lips with his own.

[say]"Now, shhhhh,"[/say] he tells him triumphantly as he slouches back again.

Instead of an apology, he gets a kiss? No, that can't be right.
That doesn't make any sort of sense. It must have been something else; was he really that drunk already that he was imagining things?

Only...the sudden warmth spreading from Remi's belly and the way his lips unconsciously try and trail after Ronin's, very strongly supports the conclusion that he absolutely had just been kissed.

But, by Ronin?
No.

Blinking hard and realizing that he'd inadvertently closed a good deal of the distance between them, both because he'd been acting on the same impulse and because it was actually quite difficult for his noodle arm to support himself. Given that the alternative was letting his body weight fully press against Ronin in order to shift off the couch, the wendigo did his best to hold out. Opening his mouth and able to articulate nothing more than a weak sound of confusion, Remi was able only to stare down at the hunter still wondering if that had just happened.

[say]"Yeah, that showed you I bet,"[/say] Ronin says, victorious in the fact that he's actually been able to shut the other man up and prevent further Italianity from spilling out into the air. (Italian insanity, do you like it?) And given that he'd been the kisser in this scenario, he feels none of the wendigo's confusion and uncertainty; instead, it's just a pleasant warmth in his limbs as he reaches that stage of drunk where touching everyone and connecting with his favourite people is just, like, the best, you know?

[say]"Hey, get fucked, it wasn't that bad was it?"[/say] He scoffs in response to the confused noise that whines past Remi's lips eventually. [say]"It was barely a peck on the lips. Don't you dare go telling me I'm a bad kisser over that."[/say] And then, because he might be in his cups but he's not a complete idiot, he does manage to smile gently up at Remi. [say]"Sorry,"[/say] he adds in a lower voice. [say]"I don't know what I was thinking."[/say]