Court of the Fallen
cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Character Resources (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Forum: Not-Canon (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: cut our teeth and make our bones right here (/showthread.php?tid=7764)

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Ronin - 08-20-2023

[say]"Depressed is close enough. It sounds overwhelming,"[/say] Ronin mutters, frowning towards his bedside table as he considers, possibly for the first time, the reality of the stress Remi is under having to transform to and fro because of the serum. Huffing out a sigh as if annoyed by his own lack of answers, he instead shoves his head further against the pillows.

[say]"You don't know - maybe you're secretly the hero of the village with special powers who will save the world,"[/say] he says, his amusement softly muffled. [say]"...But that's a good point. I wonder if maybe everyone in the science wing isn't looking in the wrong direction. If they could catch the wendigo that did this to you, then..."[/say]

Well. Then might open up a whole new world of possibilities. [say]"Either that, or maybe they could give you a touchy feely wendigo upgrade, it isn't so hard on you, changing back."[/say]

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 08-20-2023

[say]"Nah. Hard to be overwhelmed when there is literally nothing else to be doing."[/say] Remi says with a dry snort. It begins to creep up on him, as it had before, how strange and gay this all was; the way the pair were naked and so perfectly pressed against one another, how easy it felt to keep Ronin snug against his chest, how it felt only the littlest bit strange to have fingers as large as the hunter's in between his own. Of course, the more he thought about it the more confused he became, and in that confusion came awkwardness. Trying his best not to think about it, he too tried to sink into the pillows.

[say]"Well, I suppose having a beautiful doctor protecting me from an evil one, and having you as my sidekick does fit that theory."[/say] Having already considered as much, the wendigo just shakes his head slightly. [say]"One wendigo in all of Canada? Good luck."[/say] He mutters, before groaning theatrically. [say]"Oh sure, that is just what all of this needs: emotional therapy with Isla post-serum."[/say] Gods, the very last thing he wanted to do, besides leaving this bed and the man in it, was to talk about how all of this felt with someone like Isla. Someone who also made him feel all sorts of complicated (but at least familiar) feelings.

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Ronin - 08-20-2023

[say]"Hmm,"[/say] Ronin hmms, and at this point Remi knows him well enough to practically be able to hear the frown in his voice, the gears turning, the plans forming. At least it means he won't at all notice the wendigo fighting to stay on the cuddly side of awkward and gay, because the hunter clearly doesn't seem to mind it either way. [say]"Your sidekick?"[/say] He barks out a laugh at that. [say]"Am I the meatshield, the sneaky vagabond, or one of those annoying, comic relief bards?"[/say] he wonders.

As for wendigoes in Canada, Ronin can't help the smirk on his face. [say]"I don't need luck - I just need a little of your blood,"[/say] he tells him. [say]"The human part of you is unique, sure, but the wendigo part might trace all the way back to the person who did this to you."[/say] He shrugs. [say]"And I meant physical touchy feely stuff. You can have emotional therapy in your own time."[/say]

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 08-20-2023

Grinning stupidly, the bulge of his cheeks Ronin will no doubt feel against his ear, Remi snorts. [say]"Oh, the comical bard absolutely. You've the accent for it and everything."[/say] He says, swallowing around a now-familiar lump of giddiness in the back of his throat. [say]"I mean, it is either that or the damsel in distress. Up to you."[/say]

Scowling darkly, Remi mutters, [say]"Fae bullshit?"[/say] when Ronin mentions his blood before trying to shrink down even farther into the pillow. [say]"Right well, send me a postcard from Canada, will you?"[/say] Which was of course wendigo for, you're on your own. Not that he probably would ever let Ronin do something like that on his own given...well, everything between them now, but still.

[say]"Physical touchy feely? Ronin, if that is the sort of thing you think doctors help with, I hate to say it, but I think you have been seeing "doctors" instead of doctors."[/say]

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Ronin - 08-23-2023

Lips parting to object, Ronin takes a doubletake on his own opinion, because... fuck, he really does have the accent for it. Frowning, only because he hates admitting the other man is right, he obnoxiously shifts to get more comfortable before grumbling his agreement. [say]"I'll take the bard. I'd like an annoying lute to play, thank you."[/say] In his experience, while they're both frequently in distress, neither of them really count as damsels.

[say]"Fae bullshit,"[/say] he confirms, peeking over his shoulder at the other man. [say]"May as well use it for good whenever I get the chance, since I'm tethered to it anyway, right?"[/say] He shrugs. [say]"And I'd send you a postcard, but I can't imagine any self-respecting hero letting his comical bard go off into the Canadian wilderness alone."[/say]

As for doctors and whatever physical touchy feely stuff Remi might get as a wendigo, Ronin opts for the very mature response by snorting and turning to try and playfully pin the other man beneath him. [say]"My medical records are none of your business,"[/say] he says haughtily.

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 08-23-2023

[say]"I'm sure you would."[/say] Remi replies snarkily, and though he has no idea whether or not Ronin can actually play a lute, given how skilled his fingers have already proven to be, the wendigo has no difficulty in imagining the hunter picking it up with ease.

Wondering how many minutes the pair had left and trying not to let the mental countdown ruin their remaining time together, Remi just snorts against Ronin's shoulder. [say]"Jokes on you, I have very little self-respect these days."[/say] He mutters, before finding the hunter suddenly blocking out the ceiling with his tousled hair and storm-bright eyes, the sight of which sending butterflies fluttering drowsily in his belly.

Reaching up to trace his fingertips against Ronin's sides, Remi just smiles a touch crookedly up at the other man before shrugging. [say]"Yeah, best not get too familiar with one another."[/say] Out of the corner of his eye he can see the red numbers on Ronin's alarm clock changing, and it took all of his concentration not to glance across the bed to read them. [say]"I wish I didn't have to go back."[/say] He admits in a soft voice that trembles slightly despite the smile he tries to fix onto his lips.

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Ronin - 08-24-2023

It probably won't surprise Remi to learn that, given Ronin's less than conventional upbringing, he can play more than just the lute, but that's a story for another time. (One where the sand in their hourglass together isn't dwindling so low, perhaps). He's not quite as focused on not mentally counting down the minutes, but there's an unspoken ticking in their conversation nonetheless, and he resists the urge to kiss away Remi's remark about having no respect for himself.

Instead, with the wendigo painting unseen pictures against his flesh and the knowledge that they are already far too familiar with one another, even without the flesh, Ronin smiles. [say]"One day,"[/say] he says, with all the gravitas of a fae despite not being one, [say]"you won't have to go back."[/say] Braced over the other man, he reaches out to trace a soft thumb across Remi's cheekbone, before sighing softly.

[say]"But for now, I suppose we ought to get dressed, right?"[/say]

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 08-24-2023

Remi's jaw feathers slightly with words unsaid as he gazes up at the hunter. It's a line he walks without any elegance at all, this I'm infinitely comfortable around you up until I think too much about it, and as he begins to slip and sway toward the awkward side of things, he curls his arms around Ronin to tug the hunter down properly once more.

Leaning up to kiss away the words and wanting to feel the same wreckless sort of passion that erased all of his doubt and anxiety over returning to the medical wing, the wendigo instead feels only the hollow reverberations of his own despair. Still, it's nice to kiss Ronin, so there's that.

[say]"No."[/say] He mumbles sadly, leaning back against the pillow and gazing up at the hunter. [say]"But yes."[/say] Because as much fun as it was to imagine just shifting back here and letting the hunter make fun of his transition, it would set off any number of alarms if they didn't return in time.

Humming a soft sound against the kiss suddenly pressed against his lips, Ronin all but melts down into Remi's touch, feeling similarly to the wendigo but understandably without as much dread. When they part at last, the hunter also collapses into the pillows, knowing they can't afford to waste any more time but wanting to anyway. Finally, with a groan, he rolls himself out of bed and potters around to get the clothes he'd peeled off.

He's kind enough to toss Remi his own clothes too, Ronin pulling his shirt over his head and pausing to stretch appreciatively. [say]"Well, if nothing else I'll have some lovely aches and pains to remember you by."[/say] He grins, clearly not minding any sort of rough handling by the other man. [say]"And we can actually go and hunt for that liquor store topside soon."[/say]

Sighing in the space left by Ronin's body, it takes Remi a few moments to force himself to sit up. Ruffling a hand over his head, the feeling quite unsatisfactory given the lack of hair now, Remi reaches out for his clothes able to only offer the hunter a small smile for his trouble.

Roughly tugging them on and staring down at the floor rather than at his friend, Remi smiles feebly. He wouldn't have anything to remember the hunter by after this, save for the memories locked within a mind incapable of offering him even phantom sensations of the things he'd imagine later that evening. [say]"You make it sound like I am going off to my death."[/say] He says, before lifting his head and looking suddenly interested.

All thoughts of the wine he'd bring back for his date with Isla had been pushed to the back of his mind in lieu of the opportunity to just be with Ronin sooner, sans serum. [say]"Tomorrow, maybe?"[/say]

Pulling on the rest of his clothes as Remi does the same, Ronin can't help but scoff to him affectionately. [say]"Not death,"[/say] he says with a shake of his head. [say]"But definitely going off to war."[/say] Neither of them can deny that, not with Grimm lurking in wait (presumably) for his return. At the idea of going out tomorrow, the hunter brightens as well and nods. [say]"As long as you're able to, I'll make it happen,"[/say] he says.

For now, though, having pulled his shoes on, Ronin very reluctantly heads towards his door, smiling over his shoulder to Remi. [say]"Remember,"[/say] he murmurs, [say]"you need to look as delicate and unwell as you did when we left the complex, if not even more so. I'll do my best to seem concerned."[/say] Which he is, but... not for the reasons they'll think.

[SAY]"So he's cuddly after being fucked once, and dramatic after being fucked twice. Good to know."[/say] The wendigo says under his breath, smiling to himself before tugging his pants on and shooting Ronin a wry grin. [say]'Can't you just...ring some alarm bell or something? Surely that would take precedent over whatever Grimm has planned for me if there's enough danger."[/say]

Rising and glancing at the bed as if to see if he'd left anything, or perhaps just to remember it all one last time, Remi nods to himself before following Ronin out. [say]"Well, just so long as you aren't too sore to help me shuffle back."[/say] The wendigo agrees, feeling his legs grow sluggish with every step toward the door. Grumbling irritably if only because there really wasn't any time for them to be quite so slow about all of this, the wendigo makes his way into the hall, suddenly slouching dramatically and curling in on himself.

[say]"If we'd gotten to three times, I'd have granted you a wish."[/say] Ronin grins over his shoulder at the wendigo, heading out into the apartment they'd barely even walked through and pulling on his coat and grabbing his keys. [say]"The only problem with the alarm is that it tends to invite a lot more hunters along, like with the nuckelavee,"[/say] he reminds him. And for subtle liquor store breaking and entering, they'll probably want to be alone. Together. Alone together.

[say]"But,"[/say] he adds, as they finally head for the door, [say]"if it gets bad enough for you, let me know and I'll pull the alarm anyway."[/say] And to hell with the consequences. Ronin is sure he can get away with it was an accident at least once, given his experience.

And just like that, they're out of the safety of the apartment, the door closes, and Remi becomes the man he'd been so concerned about - is still concerned about, especially given how convincing he is. [say]"It'll be okay,"[/say] he murmurs, and not just because anyone might be listening, the hunter slipping an arm back around his friend to lead them through the complex again.

Inhaling sharply as if having the rug pulled out from under him, the wendigo snaps his fingers together and tuts under his breath. [say]"Another time, perhaps."[/say] He mumbles casually, even though the sudden flutter of anticipation in his belly had him almost immediately stumbling over his own feet.

[say]"Tell them that..."[/say] Trying to think up a good excuse, Remi closes one eye. [say]"Something...that...hates the Irish and Italians?"[/say] He tries, before shooting the hunter a look. [say]"And just how shall I do that? I have no windows, so no smoke signals or pigeons, and I know for a fact your hearing is terrible."[/say] It's jokingly said, but the meaning was clear enough. Once inside the medical wing unless he could get to Isla, Remi had no way of communicating with his fuck-buddy and partner in crime.

Sliding an arm beneath the hunter's coat to curl his hand around his friend's waist, Remi limps in earnest down the hall and toward the stairs. Though he didn't think anyone in Ronin's apartment would snitch on him to Grimm, that didn't mean the bitch didn't have eyes and ears everywhere. [say]"When we get there..you might as well ask Isla what Grimm has planned for me. If given the choice I'll pick more of Grimm if it means getting out sooner."[/say] Remi says in a low voice, hobbling at Ronin's side.