Court of the Fallen
rais. yor. hanT - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: rais. yor. hanT (/showthread.php?tid=9598)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

rais. yor. hanT - Charlie - 06-04-2024

Where might one find a pocket-sized priestess on a cold DeepFrost afternoon? Why in the Temple, of course!

Looking for all the world like the walking personification of the art aisle at Michaels at a craft store, Charlie was carrying around several large pieces of sturdy paper, pens of all colours, glitter, pipe cleaners, glue, and creeeeepy paper tissue paper, while her tail held a bag containing several tubes of paint.

Humming under her breath though making no attempts to keep her voice down at all, the blonde sashayed her way through the Temple, making notes about things, until she came to what felt like the center of the Temple itself. All around her were dead or dying flowers, the walls were covered in gaudy images of a bearded man she could only assume was meant to be Vi, and in the centre, the crumbling remnants of what must have been a statue.

Not unlike the way a dog's tail might sag, so too did Charlie's lower, as her shoulders fell from where they'd been bunched joyfully up by her ears.

RE: rais. yor. hanT - Dantalion - 06-04-2024

[say]"Chaaaarlie!"[/say]

With his mittened hands spread as if he's been looking for the Ancient forever - which isn't untrue, but he'd also known exactly where to go, so... - and his coat open and billowing at the backs of his legs, Danta approaches the centre of the Temple and its pocket-sized priestess with a wide, fanged smile.

The Maverick has had a rough few days, between the hangover, the firing of his ambassador and the utter loss of composure (not that the murder hadn't been incredible at the time), and like any devout Ancient, he knows what's good for him.

He's got to get right with Jesus Dygra.

Tugging off his gloves and shoving them in his pocket, it's with bejewelled fingers that he cups the priestess's cheeks in greeting, before descending to deliver a kiss fully on her mouth.

[say]"I am in dire need of someone with your talents,"[/say] he tells her solemnly. [say]"Please tell me you'll help."[/say]

RE: rais. yor. hanT - Charlie - 06-04-2024

Wondering what in all of Caido could have possessed the ancients to allow for the Temple to be used for Vi worship, the ancient glanced around with dismay, spying more and more artifacts related to Vi scattered around.

Turning at the call of her name, Charlie's wilted expression brightens instantly as she sees the Maverick. No sooner does he bend (almost in half) toward her, than she covers his hands with her own (all of the items she's holding crash to the ground) before following up his kiss with a lip-buzzing mmmWAH of her own.

[say]"Of course I'll help!"[/say] She chimes, having already (literally) dropped everything. With her tail swaying catlike behind her, the blonde's eyes dropped towards the Maverick's attire, as if half-expecting him to be wearing a corset he needed help getting out of.

[say]"Anything at all. What do you need?"[/say]

Alas, there is no corset today, as Charlie will see is evident as the Maverick straightens back up. [say]"Gods, thank you. I was so hoping you would say that,"[/say] he purrs, his shoulder sagging with relief as if he had expected her to be anything but up for helping him. Glancing not even for a second at the plethora of supplies she's dropped to the ground, Danta gestures at the Temple in general - not noticing, thankfully, the evidence of Vi worship that some sneaksy demigod must have put in place when he wasn't looking.

[say]"I would like you to show me how you worshipped our dark lady back before your unfortunate stint as a paperweight,"[/say] he says, as sincere as any man like Danta is ever likely to be. [say]"I regret to say that even when I was at large in the Climb, it didn't seem anything like what you described. And I am in sore need of some close proximity to our goddess, if you catch my drift."[/say]

RE: rais. yor. hanT - Charlie - 06-04-2024

Listening with such intensity anyone watching might have thought Charlie was being told Danta's war-plans for the Grounds, the blonde nodded along to every word. At least until he got to his actual ask, at which point the priestess's entire face lit up and the peal of laughter that left her lips ricocheted through the vaulted ceilings. [say]"Yes!"[/say] She trilled, her tail lashing enthusiastically as she wrung her hands together.

[say]"When were you thinking? I don't think there's another full moon for another few weeks, but we don't have to wait. How big do you want it to be? For the orgy, I mean. And we'll have to gather the sacrifices together, and gosh, I'll have to get you robes, and—"[/say] Pausing, Charlie's head tilts dog-like to the side. [say]"Does the tailor you sent me to for my dress have your measurements on file?"[/say] A million more questions buzzed on the blonde's lips, and as she gazed up at the Maverick he'd be forgiven for thinking that she'd started vibrating such was her enthusiasm.

Gods but her enthusiasm is almost like a balm on the dire, serious nature of his job as theocrat, and Danta almost groans his approval at her immediate agreement, his tail curling beneath his coat. As for when? [say]"Right the fuck now, if you'd be so kind,"[/say] he says with an open and fanged smile. [say]"How many people is usual? I know a few people in the Climb favoured lucky numbers when I was there."[/say] Sevens, thirteens, that sort of thing. Either way, the Dusklight can accommodate.

[say]"The tailor has all my measurements,"[/say] he confirms with a smile, if only because he'd gotten bored waiting for Asta to be done with one of his many adjustments and had gotten measured for funsies. [say]"Of course, if all of this is going to take considerable planning, it doesn't have to be right away. But if that's the case, I do expect a much more personal lesson from you in the meantime."[/say] Obviously.

RE: rais. yor. hanT - Charlie - 06-05-2024

[say]"Oh!"[/say] Though Charlie's level of enthusiasm doesn't diminish, it's clear that her focus immediately shifts gears as things move from the long-term to the short-term. [say]"I mean, usually you have as many people as it would take to bring down the animal you wanted to satisfy your bloodlust on."[/say] She explains with a small shrug. The size of the offering always dictated the size of the orgy, so the saying went. [say]"And then obviously a few more to facilitate and make sure there's ample lubrication and wine."[/say] What Charlie had in mind clearly wasn't the sort of thing you could just orchestrate at the drop of a hat, at least, not with the supplies currently only hand.

But maybe one day.

With her tail swaying back and forth and her discarded items entirely forgotten, Charlie scurries her fingertips up the front of Danta's chest as high as she can (about his shoulders) with a fanged smile. [say]"Are you free now? I can be free now."[/say]

RE: rais. yor. hanT - Dantalion - 06-06-2024

Tilting his head - because Charlie's explanation both absolutely makes sense but simultaneously feels very organised for Danta's liking, the Maverick slowly scrunches his nose as if trying to silently indicate that he doesn't really have the patience for the sorts of arrangements she might be thinking about. (He'll attend, certainly, but he'll leave the hosting and planning to the priestess).

So when her fingers tiptoe up the length of his chest and she clearly seems capable of allowing him to worship in a more immediate fashion, Danta nods eagerly. [say]"Good,"[/say] he purrs. [say]"I'm absolutely free now - it's why I came here. Lead the way, and I'll be the best acolyte you ever had."[/say] Drawing a little X over his heart, the Maverick bounces his eyebrows at her encouragingly.

RE: rais. yor. hanT - Charlie - 06-07-2024

Everyone has their strengths Danta darling, and though Charlie's frenzied energy might suggest otherwise, she is very good at planning and executing. All you need to do is show up at the appointed date and time, hydrated and ready to feast.

[say]"I'll be the judge of that."[/say] The priestess purrs in response, before letting her hand slide down and into the Maverick's. Fingers tangled around his, Charlie would tug him toward the doors with a spring in her step and a swagger in her hips.

With a ring of fire surrounding them to protect them against the cold, the pint-sized priestess spun to face the Maverick. [say]"Okay, there's a few ways we can start when it comes to the sacrifice. Either we hunt while shifted, we hunt while not shifted, or we catch something and slit its through and then we feast."[/say] The blonde's blue eyes sparkle with eagerness, clearly game for whatever option the Maverick was most in the mood for.

[say]"It all depends on how much you want to play with your food."[/say] She purrs.

RE: rais. yor. hanT - Dantalion - 06-07-2024

[say]"I do hope so,"[/say] Danta purrs in response; his fingers wrap around Charlie's and he's happily ferried to the door, the Maverick clearly pleased for the priestess to be the judge (and jury and executioner if she wants) of his worship of their goddess.

Heading out into the cold that very quickly becomes less so, it's a pleasant surprise for Danta not to have to button his coat or pull on his gloves, and instead he falls into step with his fellow Ancient, blue eyes following Charlie as she flits about him. [say]"Oh, I am all for playing with my food,"[/say] he drawls, offering her a fanged smile and a flick of his tail.

[say]"Personally, though, I quite enjoy hunting while not being shifted. I know others prefer the opposite, but I feel sometimes as though the experience is diluted by animal instinct."[/say] Being fully cognizant of the hunt, the prey, the death caused by one's hands? That's as intimate as it gets, surely.

Listening to his explanation, Charlie can only bob her head enthusiastically. Personally, she enjoyed hunting while shifted, but that likely had more to do with her pint-sized proportions than anything else. [say]"Puurfecto."[/say] She trilled in a terrible impression of the man she'd met on the Rainbow Road. [say]"And as for what we hunt..."[/say] Charlie's eyebrows raise as her expression turns sly. Though she didn't know much about Danta and Asta's relationship, the pair were seen together far too often for there not to have been a steady stream of information passed between them.

Honestly, so long as it was something with a healthy amount of blood, muscle and the ability to put up a fight, the priestess would be content. [say]"Something with wings? Or something on four legs perhaps? Or even...two?"[/say]

Saying little about what Danta sees as a mispronunciation of perfect (maybe it's an old-world Ancient thing), he instead turns his attention to the what, and the priestess's sly smile will be echoed on his own face. [say]"I was recently able to partake in that rarer form of hunting,"[/say] he tells her softly, his voice necessarily quieter than it otherwise might be. [say]"Thank you, by the way, for the gift you and Astaroth were able to procure for me."[/say]

For now, though? [say]"You know,"[/say] he says conversationally, [say]"Bears can stand on both four and two legs. And I have always wanted to hunt one down."[/say] Not an easy feat in any sense of the word, but surely managing to obtain such a sacrifice would make Dygra proud?

[say]"Different, isn't it?"[/say] Charlie purrs knowingly. It was the same reason most of the ancients preferred hunting larger game than smaller. Something about the intelligence and danger of the prey made it seem fair, rendering the entire experience much more satisfying. [say]"Oh shush. That was all him. He's a very thoughtful one, that Astaroth."[/say] The blonde quips adoringly.

Tilting her chin upward slightly as if to catch his words, Charlie flashes Danta a smile bright with white teeth. [say]"Maybe you can make a bear skin rug for Astaroth."[/say] She suggests, eyebrows bouncing as the flames surrounding them draw nearer. [say]"A bear, unshifted."[/say] The priestess's eyes glitter with the dangerous thrill of it all. [say]"Sounds amazing. With heat in her cheeks and fire to keep them warm until they found tracks to follow, Charlie would defer to Danta when it came to leading them where they needed to go in order to begin.

[say]"Would that we could do it all the time. Alas, the world has changed even since Asta and I were asleep. I can't imagine how you must feel,"[/say] Danta says with a deep sigh. It's true that their little hunt on the outskirts of the Domiciles (it was a 'wolf attack' and that's all he's got to say about that) was deeply satisfying, and he shouldn't really need to sate his bloodlust again so soon, but what are Ancients if not overindulgent?

Humming an agreement about Astaroth - thoughtful is one of many words he might use to describe the taller man - Danta's eyes flick back down to Charlie, all but glittering with delight at the suggestion. [say]"Oh, that would be good,"[/say] he agrees with a grin. [say]"And we can take all the good parts for ourselves."[/say]

A bear, unshifted. Feeling the low thrum of excitement at the prospect as well, Danta soon takes the lead as they head out of the Inner Quarter and towards the surrounding woodland. [say]"I imagine any bear out here that isn't hibernating is probably very hungry,"[/say] he remarks with a smile, before leaning down and reaching into his boot for a knife. [say]"Maybe we can encourage one to find us?"[/say]

So saying, he draws the blade across the inside of his forearm enough for the tang of iron to spike the air, Danta smearing some of the crimson onto a nearby tree as they walk.