[SE] start living life in the present
For Ellyra
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
Sohalia had never before felt unsafe, and looking back, she had definitely done some things that were of a questionable nature. But now, after The Incident, she couldn't help but feel afraid when she was out and about in the city. Perhaps it was natural, but she hated it - hated the way that her skin prickled, like someone was always watching her; the way she glanced over her shoulder, shying away from strange men, looking twice to make sure it wasn't him. So today, she decided to escape the city proper and visit somewhere new, somewhere that was supposed to be beautiful, where she could (hopefully) let her troubles slip away.

It was only a few days since the attack, so her injuries were still fully on display as she hurried through the streets, stopping to make a few purchases, never quite looking the shopkeepers in the eye. They kindly asked if she was okay, she carefully lied and said she was, and then she went on her merry way, determined not to be ensnared by a deep conversation about what had happened.

She wore a loose, flowing blouse atop comfortable pants, her golden hair piled into a messy topknot that somehow managed to look intentional on her. She carried a bag containing her sketchbook, drawing implements, the rubies she'd mined with Jude and Hadama, and the jewelry-making supplies she had purchased from various shops. If she could just get away and focus on something else for a while...

So she meandered her way down to the Eye of the Storm, where she set herself up near the hot springs and began to pull out the various tools and supplies she'd purchased.
I've been waiting for your touch to bring me home
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Age: 22 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 7 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Ellyra
Ellyra was out on a run. She ran all through the city these days, shifting between girl and lioness. She needed the endorphins after long days in the clinic. While she had found a passion for helping people there, and mending the broken, it still took a toll. It was hard to see people in different states of wellness and sickness. Running helped clear her mind at the end of a long shift.

Sweat dampened her clothes, but now that her run was over she merely walked to cool down. She hadn't planned to stop at the Eye, because the idea of taking a dip in the hot springs now that she was drenched in sweat from her workout simply made her ick. So, she took her time to stretch out and keep her body loose as she walked. As she approached the Eye of the Storm, she caught sight of someone familiar. "Hey!" She called out, waving wildly and happily towards her friend. picking up her pace, the lioness trotted over to Sohalia. A bright smile broadened all the features on her face and she stopped before the girl, panting lightly.

But when her eyes fell on her face, ice ran through Ellyra's veins and her heart jumped into her throat. "Wha--what happened?"

I want someone to lend me a hand
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Sohalia
Truthfully, Soh had escaped to the Eye in an attempt to avoid people, so when she heard a familiar call of, Hey!, she winced slightly. She'd only really seen Mateo and Tal since the attack, and she wasn't quite ready to face her other friends. She didn't want to have to explain - again - that she had been too stupid and too weak to avoid what, in hindsight, seemed like an obvious confrontation.

Still, she forced a crooked smile up at Ellyra as the lioness gasped. "It looks worse than it is," she lied, her heart twisting in her chest as she fought to maintain control of her emotions. Then she sighed. "Want to sit? I could use the company." It wasn't quite the truth, but it wasn't quite a lie, either - it was still strange to be out in the city alone, after what had happened, and it would make her feel better to have a friend nearby. "Anyway, what happened - I don't... really want to talk about it, if that's okay." If she did, she'd start crying. And if she started crying, she wasn't sure she'd be able to stop.
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Age: 22 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Ellyra
Well, it looked pretty fucking bad, if Ellyra had anything to say. Concern and worry flashed over her face as it contorted, though she did take up the youngling's invitation to sit. Ellyra tucked her legs beneath her and rested on her knees. Her hands went to Sohalia's face and she cupper her cheeks, gently tugging so that she could look on her wounds and bruises fully. "That's not an acceptable answer, Soh." Ellyra said, her voice sharp. Her eyebrows drew tightly together and she looked at the younger woman with a ferocity that was only fueled by her desire to protect and even seek revenge for her friend.

The lioness held her state for a long time, cupping the owl's face in her hands gently. Finally, she sighed. Releasing her friend, she leaned back and shook her head. "I'm sorry. That's not fair of me." She took a few steps away from Sohalia and let her head fall back. She wiggled her arms at her sides as if to push away the feelings trapped within her breast. "It's the lion in me." She said, tapping her chest with an open hand.

Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Soh didn't see the concern and worry on Ellyra's face; she was looking away, trying to conceal the damage and avoid further questions on the subject. But her friend wasn't going to let things go that easily, and Ellyra gently cupped Soh's face in her hands to turn her head and examine the wounds. Ellyra's concern, Soh could take, but her friend's sharp words, on the heels of such pain and torment, was too much, and something inside her snapped. Tears filled her eyes, spilling over and racing down her cheeks. "I was almost raped, okay?" she nearly snarled, the closest she'd ever come to losing her temper. It wasn't even Ellyra that she was angry at; it was the situation at large, and how helpless she felt in the middle of it all.

But as soon as the words left her mouth, she felt even worse for having taken out her emotions on her friend, and she turned pleading eyes upward to meet Ellyra's gaze. "I'm sorry," she whispered, swiping carefully at her tears to avoid her injured eye. "I just -" But what was there to say? "I fought back, and I escaped." She took a shaky breath. "I just want to forget about it, but I - I can't."
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Change author:
Ellyra
Ellyra's heart stopped in her chest at the word. Raped. Immeditealy, the rage and concern that she had shaken off just a moment ago returned. It ripped open and stained the attuned bond bright, crimson red. She could feel the lion within her ready to come to the surface and pounce, to prowl the streets seeking to kill, destroy, devour. She turned and an aggravated growl erupted from her throat "Fuck, Soh." Then she turned--

The look on Sohalia's face froze all of the rage within her. The red fainted and blended into a sweet purple, and without thinking the lioness moved towards the owl. She climbed up beside her and wrapped her arms around her tightly. She held her tight against her chest and put her cheek on the top of Sohalia's head, her mother emanating from every movement and motion. "It's o. We can forget. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry."

And she would sit with her friend as long as she needed.

And she did.

FIN