heathen’s kiss
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Mature Content Warning 
SUNJATA
i am the ocean, i am the sea
There is a part of him that wanders the Hollowed Grounds and cursed out the childish attempts at water. Sure, there was the Oasis (a place he ventures to at the peak of warmth this Leafchange) But anything else? He’d be better off trying to enjoy the wind crossing a puddle. Where were the vast lakes, rushing rivers, oceans? Where water went as far as the eye could see, where you could nearly drown and laugh about it after — to know just how much of fate you tempted? He huffs to himself, taking what he could get, hoping the Oasis was at least a decent place for a swim (gods knew nothing else here was).

His steel gaze squints through the sun as it beats down, surprisingly warm and nice as he passes through the grasses until he reaches the edge of the Oasis. He glances around to see if anyone’s there, if this place is somehow sacred and if he’ll end up getting yelled at for such a thing. He figures he’ll let them try, as he removes his shoes and pants — left only in his shorts — his shirt soon drops to the pile after, and he runs a hand through his shaggy dark hair before he tests the water with a bare foot.

So far so good, he thinks, and he steps back to get a running start. Might as well have fun while you’re at it, right? He runs into the water with loud and large splashes until the water reaches his shoulders and he wades, leaning back with his face to the sky as he enjoys the cold of the water, the goosebumps on his skin. Ah, how he misses the waves of the ocean.
there is a world inside of me
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe was returning from her weekly offering to Frey and Rae, this time having left it at the Glade shrine. Pim particularly liked when they went to the Glade shrine because he could simply pick up a glow stone as his offering. Perfect little shiny thing for daddy Frey! Like usual, she decided to walk about after with Pim scurrying along at her heels. But she hadn't seen anyone else around when she went into the shrine, so hearing a sudden loud splash from the Oasis did cause her a bit of alarm.

She came around the corner of the path to the pristine waters of the Oasis, and saw a man floating about in it, a pile of clothes left on the bank. So clearly this had been intentional, and not some accident. For a moment she just watched, curiously. She herself couldn't swim so it always fascinate her to see someone who could. And though she was sure the waters of the Oasis were lovely this time of year, you wouldn't be seeing her jumping in anytime soon. But of course, when one stares at someone else, one is likely to be caught. Her cheeks turned bright red when the man made eye contact with her, noticing her on the bank. "S-Sorry! I just heard a splash and came to make sure whoever it was was okay."
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
It’s no true surprise to Sunjata that he would attract attention, but he had hoped it would be a bit longer than it was now. His eyes are closed, and he wades briefly before his arms move back and he swims around in a quiet circle, without all the fanfare of splashes. His eyes peek open for a moment to scan the bank when he notices a girl, a girl who’s staring at him. It isn’t unusual for that to happen to him (at least not where he’s from) and he gives her a charming grin as he sits up more in the water. He reaches up to brush the hair from his eyes, the water slicking it back against his scalp as he glances back to her and regards her explanation.

More than okay, actually. Thanks for the concern.” He responds with his deep voice, eyeing her for a moment before he leans forward and swims with accuracy closer toward the shore she stands along. “I take it you didn’t come for a swim?” His head tilts, that same grin sharpening his features. “The water is fine if you did want in?” A quiet husky laugh leaves his lips as he leans back a bit more in the water, letting himself float while he keeps an eye on the Midwife. It might not be an ocean, but with the right company he could absolutely pretend.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Well clearly he was okay. She had never seen anyone that seemed so at home in the water before. Brown eyes blinked, blushing as he spoke to her, having not expected a particularly deep voice to come from that face. "Oh, well I'm glad. I'm really sorry for bothering you..." she said quietly, feeling rather embarrassed still for getting caught staring. Pim clearly had no such reservations. He meandered right up to the water's edge, sniffing at it curiously. Phoebe never went into the water so Pim didn't either, but there was clearly nothing wrong with it.

"Ah, no, I didn't. I just came from the shrine, giving my weekly offering to Frey and Rae." she said, glancing back that direction. At least she had a good reason for being around, which clearly was not oogling men while they swam. But when he offered for her to join, she looked somewhat crossed between embarrassed and terrified. "U-uhm, thank you but uh...I don't know how to swim actually."
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She seems to stumble a bit after being caught, and all Jata can do is watch her with that roguish, crooked smile of his that he knew all the ladies loved (he’s arrogant), but the smile suddenly falls as something pink and distinctly like a dragon reaches the water. He pops up again to view him, a brow raised as he finds purchase on the floor of the Oasis and stands a bit, the water running off his shoulders, down his chest and along his arms. The water reaches a few inches below his collarbone, but there’s scars that are seen there, as well as the black hue of tattoos. He wants to ask how she’s found a dragon of all things, but it’s lost on him as she speaks further and more questions come to mind.

His brows furrow and there’s an actual surprised glimmer to his steel eyes. He doesn’t know a single person who can’t swim, and the thought surprises him to the point he doesn’t quite know what to say. “You… Can’t swim?” His head tilts. “Why’s that?” Perhaps it’s a bit personal, but Sunjata hasn’t really had a good judgement on what is considered too much. His head tilts and he regards the dragon again before his eyes land on Phoebe once more. “Nobody thought to teach a beautiful girl like yourself to swim?” He adds, his flirtation getting the best of him. “I’m shocked.” He says with his smile returning, though questions still dance in his eyes.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Pim's head pokes up briefly, eyeing the man with a confidence that a creature his size probably shouldn't have had in the face of a much bigger person. For a moment he just stares, perfectly still, as if trying to size him up. Eventually he snarls a bit, lightning in rainbow colors sparking at his jaws before he continued his survey of the water's edge. Clearly his intimidation tactic would do wonders.

When her statement was met with confusion, and another question, Phoebe stared back in surprise for a moment. She knew plenty of people who couldn't swim of course. "Well...there was no place to learn really. Where I grew up was landlocked and surrounded by quarries." she said, feeling a bit self conscious suddenly. Was that really so strange? But she didn't get to ponder on it long as he went on, calling her beautiful out of the blue. Her cheeks turned bright red, and despite knowing she was the one he was talking about she glanced around, as if she might catch sight of a real beauty waiting just behind her. "Thank you but u-uhm...I've never really known anyone who could swim well..." she admitted. It simply wasn't a thing.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He eyes the dragon briefly before turning his attention back to Phoebe, a question simmering in his eyes as if he’s biting his tongue from asking if the dragon was her personal body guard. She truly looked the part of the princess trapped in a tower, guarded by dragons. Jata has never much been one for fitting into those fairytales, instead finding himself the rogue rather than the prince (ah, but he had been the chosen son in another life, a different place) and he ponders on it a moment as Phoebe explains her old home. “Well that won’t do.” His voice rumbles to her as he smiles.

As you can see, I know how to swim.” He says with confidence, demonstrating as he splashes within the water and swims perfectly around until he reaches her once more and looks expectantly. “So what are you waiting for?” He asks with a tilt to his head, a charming grin along his face as he regards her, and hopes the dragon doesn’t bite him out of spite. He sits up a bit within the water and looks expectantly, almost as if his confidence has told him she’ll join him. He’s been wrong before, but it’s rare, and it’s where his confidence and arrogance become his biggest flaw.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"Well that won't do."

Phoebe blinked, staring back at him with shock. Such boldness was unnatural to her, and her surprise and slight unease put Pim on edge. He was still pretty small, no bigger than a smaller herding dog, but he had been getting quick stocky as of late, in a muscly sort of way. The dragon lifted his head again, watching the man show off in the water, tail twitching with irritation. Unlike his human counterpart he could swim thanks to instinct, he just preferred not to. For now, he would just wait and watch.

"W-well, I don't even know your name...and I am not exactly dressed to swim..." the blonde said, glancing down at her clothes. A simple skirt with flat shoes, and a pale short-sleeved blouse, beneath which she wore no sort of top coverage (because frankly she wasn't well endowed enough to warrant it usually) and just her little shorts beneath her skirt. Considering she had no clue who this man was, she certainly wasn't about to strip down, even if she did have a bust cover, just to learn how to swim.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Ah, introductions, right. He’d never been good at giving his name out — there was a time where everyone had known his name, had seen and listened to his judgements as though he was the ruler of it all. But This was Caido, and far more drab in comparison. And he knew absolutely nobody here. He focuses on her and gives her an apologetic smile. “Where are my manners?” He says gruffly with a small chuckle before he moves closer to the waters edge, far enough to stand and give a true introduction. He’s tall as he emerges from the water, and it races down his torso and drips from his elbows as he bows to her.

I am Sunjata Senzaok, not from here. You can call me Jata if it’s easier.” He adds as he sits back up and lets his gaze reach Phoebe’s. As if him being an Outlander wasn’t obvious enough. In regards to her dilemma of not having clothes to wear, he gestures toward his shirt in the pile with a small charming smile. “Don't blame you if you don’t want to get wet, but you can wear my shirt if you would prefer that?” Thrres a sound to his voice that’s distinctly reminiscent of someone who has spent a lot of time in diplomacy, a far cry from how he spoke before.

This seemed more restrained, far less fun, but he couldn’t deny he enjoyed the idea of teaching her to swim. Everyone here was far too serious all the time, and Jata was incredibly bored. He eyes her for a moment before he looks back to the Oasis behind him. “Back where I’m from, it was imperative that we learned how to swim. Helped us fend for ourselves when it flooded.” He says as he turns his steel blue gaze back to her.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Her cheeks turned a bit red as he stepped up out of the water, trying not to stare. He was a handsome fellow though, so it was a bit hard not to. His height surprised her - which did make her a bit more reluctant to get into the Oasis which was clearly incredibly deep - but not as much as the boy he gave her. "O-oh, please I'm not anyone special..." she said, waving her hands as if it might stop him. But clearly he was intent on bowing so she in turn dipped him a curtsy out of respect for whatever norm he was used to. Despite insisting she was no one special, she moved with a clearly trained grace.

Pim on the other hand just watched him, sitting in the dirt, clearly unimpressed.

"It's nice to meet you Sunjata." she said, not having trouble with his first name. But he'd best not ask her to say his last name. "I'm Phoebe Steadman." She smiled a little, warm and soothing as usually. Where he had a steely gaze, hers was more soft and welcoming. She bit her lip lightly, glancing towards the pile of clothes. The shirt was clearly dark so it wouldn't become see-through when wet, and it was a bit of an odd proposition but...he really was going out of his way to make it possible for her to swim. It would be pretty rude of her to say no. "Uhm, okay then. If you insist." she said, going to grab his shirt. "I've never experienced a flood." she admitted before disappearing into the wood to change.

Pim moved, standing directly in front of Sunjata. His wings flared up, a snarl and more lightning playing around his fangs. No peeksies today, sir.

It didn't take long for Phoebe to return, setting her clothes to the side. His shirt was quite long on her, nearly a dress as it grazed the top of her knees.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
His bow surprises her, and he smiles inwardly to himself as she stutters and dips into a curtsy. Wherever she had come from held similar ideals, it seemed, perhaps she was from here where she had learned such things, though Jata was hard pressed to find any semblance of normalcy within Caido. And at the very least, he smiles gently at her as she introduces herself. “Phoebe.” He pauses, letting the syllables draw out on his tongue. “Pleased to meet you.” He offers with that same charming grin, hoping and waiting to see if she accepts his offer. It doesn’t take much, it seems, as her reluctance toward a simple swim and protection via floods ignites more of his curiosity. It hasn’t flooded here? He’s not too surprised, but his shoulders roll in a shrug as he glances to her. “Once you know how you’ll never forget.” He offers in an attempt to make it easier.

But she accepts it anyway, grabbing his shirt before moving toward the woodlands to change. He doesn’t do much to glance at her, not like he could anyway with the protective dragon standing before him. And while he looks at the pink dragon, he wonders what kind of person she’s bribed to get him to be like that. He’s never seen dragons before, but there’s tales from home that speak of them. Never was one about a female dragon, so it doesn’t cross his mind that the pink hues might be a bit more feminine. For all Sunjata knows, all dragons are male. His eyes linger on the pink dragon before he snorts and looks away. “Yeah, yeah, calm down boy.” He chuckles quietly to himself, but remains looking over the Oasis until Phoebe returns.

And returns she does, with his shirt over her like a dress. He watches as she sets her clothes beside his and he gives her a bright smile as he steps closer to the edge. “Alright, honestly the worst part is the chill at first. But you get used to it.” He says with a grin and a small wink before stepping aside to let her begin, however slow she wanted it to go. He would support whatever speed she wished, though he does offer her his arm if she wanted something to hold onto. “Shall we?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Pim did not take being told what to do by this man well. He roared at him, rearing back up on his hind legs. A spout of rainbow lightning would go whizzing right by his head. Yeah. Pim would decide when it was time to calm down.

Of course, by the time Phoebe returned, Pim was just glaring daggers at Sunjata. "Stop being grumpy, Pim." she said to the dragon. Pim grumbled with discontent but obeyed. Reluctantly. She took his arm without hesitation as soon as she stepped into the water. Phoebe wore a brave face, but clearly she less then comfortable as she stepped into the water. "Y-you're sure the temperature is the worst part?" she said as the water reached her knees. The chill was nothing, but already she was in water far deeper than she was accustomed to.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
The dragon is feisty, and Sunjata soon realizes it would take a lot to win over the creature. As the shock is sent his way, in streaks of rainbow light, he ducks a bit to avoid it — not sure if it’s electric, but him being in water with electricity seemed like hardly a good idea. He can’t help but to stare at the dragon until Phoebe returns, silent and waiting. She does, and she tells the dragon to calm down which makes Sunjata smile a half smile of “yeah listen to your mom” before his attention is to Phoebe and he lets her take his arm. He can tell she’s uncomfortable, but he gives her a wider smile before a husky laugh leaves his lips.

The chill is the worst.” He reiterates, placing a hand over hers as he leads her deeper into the water. “Tell me when you want me to stop.” There’s a softness to his voice—a surprised tenderness, and despite how Jata typically is, the water is something he would not make someone fearful of. He moves slowly with her, letting her decide the speed at which she enters the water, but the water begins to reach the tops of his calves as it reaches her knees, and he aims to have them both at least waist deep to start.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
To be fair as the water rose higher on her person, the chill did become very uncomfortable. Whoever would even think to go diving into water that felt like this anyways? There was a slight tremble to her shoulders as the water finally reached her, her body doing its part to warm her up. But then they hit a slight snag. Some underwater grasses brushed up against Phoebe’s leg and she panicked. With a little squeak of alarm she jumped to the side, directly into Sunjata. ”Whatwasthat! Whatwasthat!!” she said fearfully, looking down into the water with dread that some Oasis monster was going to get her.

Of course, when she freaked out, Pim made short work of joining them. The little dragon dove in, swimming under the water with reptilian grace, using his wings like rutters. He found the offending plants and snatched them up, surfacing a bit aways from the pair, water grass caught in his jaw. Pim swam over to them then, his tail propelling him through the water, rather like a crocodile.
Until you've crossed