[SE] Steal My Sunshine
for Adam
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
It was a bright, sunny day and Jigano was determined to enjoy it, letting the cool of the glade ease some of Longheat's brutal temperatures. The morning had been spent in the Guildhall, cleaning and organizing his Seekers' journals into a new shelf (they were going to need to start an overflow section soon, either upstairs or exploring to find another storage room) and updating his own notes with what they had been bringing back. The sunlight had made him restless, though, and Isuma had needed exercise, and so here they were. He'd brought his basket with him so he could earn a bit more of Safrin's good graces, and while the gryphlet pounced on little flickers of sunlight that peeked through the leaves or reflected off his scales, Dragongano lounged near the Glade Shrine in all of his scaled glory. He was curled around the large woven basket that Tarasha had made for him while it filled with sunlight and his scales gleamed brightly metallic, growing warm enough that he was beginning to contemplate a dip in the Oasis to cool off.

Adam
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Adam headed to the Glade, basket in hand: the one he'd made with Deimos, scruffy but functional and well suited for holding the non-literal sun. As much as he felt a little silly to be doing this part of the tradition on his own, he had not been able to find anyone to accompany him and after doing all of the preparation, he'd figured he may as well complete the ritual.

It was only when he got close enough to see the shrine that he saw the silver shape curled up by it, glinting in the sun - it took him a moment to focus enough to see Jigano. A smile on his face, Adam immediately got an idea. Slowly, as quietly as he could, he began to sneak forwards, keeping his human form so he could hold the basket but trying to move with the grace he'd learnt as a snake.

When he was close enough, Adam would try to drop his basket (made of grass, so not very heavy) onto Jigano's back, where the scales reflected the sun. At this point he would declare: "I think I captured it!"

A D A M
Do you wanna dance?
Do you wanna fight?
Do you wanna get drunk and stay the night?

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Another time Jigano would undoubtedly have heard the former-Guildmaster approach, primed for trouble and more than a little traumatized from too many surprises that ended in blood and injury - or death. This time he was dangerously near a doze, but it was Isuma who spotted Adam, pausing her own sun-catching activity to cock her head at the human and share her curiosity with her bonded. The dragon held still, forewarned by the little gryphon, so when Adam pounced to nab the sun with his basket he didn't get bitten or doused in paralyzing gas. Instead Jigano made himself jump a little, letting out a snort of 'surprise' and whipping his serpentine head around to blink in pretend-offense at the 'ambusher.'

Help! Attacker! Bandit! I'm being robbed! He declared through the Attuned bond. He poked a pointy muzzle (gently) at Adam's midsection, snorting in dismay. Constable! Watchman! This rakish thief is stealing my sunlight!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Adam laughed victoriously as Jigano jumped, though he could tell it was being put on for his amusement; perhaps he didn't mind that because fun was in such short supply in this world. Anyone willing to have a joke with him was precious in his book.

After Jigano poked his midsection he suddenly shifted to his snake form and fell on the ground, turning so his white belly was facing the sky and sticking his tongue limply out of his mouth. Don't bother getting the coppers - they ain't gonna come in time to catch me alive...aahhh.... With a final dramatic shake, he went limp, barely able to hold the pose for three seconds before he began to shake with laughter and suddenly shifted back to his human self, laid on the ground with a smile on his face.

"Hey." He greeted properly, putting his hands behind his head. "Sorry for the little interruption, but I just couldn't resist. Do you think it counts? For capturing the sun, I mean?" Adam wasn't sure if anyone actually checked if it had been done, but he didn't want to fail at the last hurdle.

A D A M
Do you wanna dance?
Do you wanna fight?

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
When Adam suddenly shifted into a snake Jigano really was surprised, looking down at his friend in concern and wondering if he'd poked him too hard after all, but Adam's dramatic wiggling made it clear that the jest was being continued in earnest and the dragonbard watched with delight at his friend's 'death scene.' Isuma watched, too, utterly fascinated and unable to stop herself from pouncing on the wriggling friend-toy. She landed on him with a peep of dismay as he shifted back into human form and she found herself sitting on a man's chest instead of snake's belly.

Jigano snorted in amusement at them both, sending a puff of cool air washing over them. I don't see why not. I'm just letting the sunshine collect in my basket, hoarding it for the winter, he explained with a toothy grin as he rested his head back down on the grass alongside Adam. It's been... nice. Really nice. To have something so 'light'-hearted to focus on for a change, he added, musing wistfully but still managing to sneak a pun in while he did. How's your reading practice coming along, by the way?
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam let out a little cough of surprise as his chest was suddenly leapt upon by a gryphon, but only laughed and stuck out his tongue at her, gently reached up to extract her from his person and place her to the side, where Coffee would eagerly roll around on the ground before her, a clear request to play.

"Just letting it collect? Kinda lazy, but y'know, I could get behind that."He sat up to place his own basket from where it had fallen on the ground next to Jiganos, all for the idea of letting the imaginary sunshine fill it up over time (as it meant he didn't have to do anything). Adam put his hands behind his head and laid on the grass, staring up at the sky above them. Sometimes, if he just looked at one spot, it felt the same as the sky from back home.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes it's just way too stressful here." He agreed. For all he had been grumpy about some parts of the process, capturing the sun had been a pleasantly simple and easy mission. "Uh...s'okay. I got a letter the other day and I could get the gist of it. Sometimes I uh....still have to sound things out, yknow...but it's getting better. If I was back in the place I used t'work as a teen, I'd be a fucking reading God to them by now." He laughed, trying to play off the embarrassment he still held over his lack of skill.

A D A M
Do you wanna dance?
Do you wanna fight?

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Isuma was always ready for more playtime with friends! She wriggled in Adam's grip, clearly wanting to pounce back onto him now that she knew what to expect, but Coffee's antics proved a masterful distraction and she reep!ed with glee before she hopped over to tackle him in a playful gentle tussle of scales, fur, and feathers.

I suppose I could try something a little more proactive... Jigano raised his head, yawning hugely - then closing his jaws with a snap towards where he'd last seen the sun above, as if swallowing the orb down. There. Delicious! He grinned a toothy grin as Adam resettled his basket and made himself comfortable again.

The handsome rogue missed the pun, but Jigano decided they could be friends anyways. He had a habit of burning bridges when his hackles rose, so for as long as he could enjoy Adam's company, he would. He rested his head back on the grass, a rumble of agreement at the stressfulness of the world rattling the baskets beside him for a moment. He was pleased to hear that the lessons were paying off though, and he sent a thrum of approval through the Attuned bond. Sounding things out is a useful way to practice, he assured the magpie man. And the more you practice, the easier it will become. You should come by the Hall again soon. Bring some more beer and cider, he added with a mental chuckle. We can do a lesson for an hour and then reward ourselves with a couple drinks after. Besides, Loreseeker Hall is nice and cool in this weather, he added, shifting to stretch like a long, scaly cat.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Thankful that Coffee had taken over his duties as Gryphon playmate, Adam smiled for a moment and watched their companions bounce about together - then was distracted by the snap of Jigano's jaws, looked over to to see the sun 'disappear' down his throat. Aww, hey, leave some sun for the rest of us.

Puns were not Adam's strong suit; his jokes tended to involve more crude humour (mostly dicks). It was nice to feel Jigano's approval and he smiled, checking to make sure Isuma was fully occupied before sliding back into his snake form, wanting to bask under the sun with the scales to do so. Ooh, so I'm just your personal drinks tray now, huh? He laughed, tail lashing back and forth a little in the absence of human movement.

I'll come over at least once before I go to Halo, I promise. So...your Loreseekers...they're not drinking types? Are they all nerds? He asked, voice teasing even through the bond.

A D A M
Do you wanna dance?
Do you wanna fight?

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Make me, the dragon grinned down at his friend, letting the sharper instincts of the scaly form flavor his humor in a rougher way than the bard usually displayed. He was still very much teasing, though, as he dropped his head back to the grass to give the companions a new obstacle to tumble over.

The size difference between them once Adam shifted to his snake form might have been comical if it wasn't _just Attuned things_. Wings made it hard (and painful) to roll onto his back, but he shifted a bit more on to his side so he wasn't blocking his friend's sunlight with the shadow of his silvery bulk. Far from 'just!' Jigano protested with a rumbling chuckle. But I do consider it one of the perks of our friendship, yes.

A pulse of approval met the promise to return before Halo, but the mention of 'nerds' surprised another chuckle from the bard. Well, they are all nerds, yes, but nerds can be drinkers, too! he defended them, mirth bubbling up through the bond. Have you met Ingrid yet, for instance? I've known Amalia to do a bit of drinking, too, though... less for fun and more for a purpose, he admitted with a touch of sadness that had no place on this beautiful day. He shook it off, pondering his other colleagues. I don't know about Tarasha... definitely worth finding out, though! The companions's play took them in front of his face and he let out a mighty breath, bowling Isuma, at least, back a few feet with a reep! of delight.

Have you been to the new region yet? he asked curiously. The one they call Torchline?
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Oh, I could, if I wanted to. Adam left it at that, a smug little smirk spreading across the snake's face. Perhaps Jigano had more magical strength and skill, but he was gross enough to just lick his friends to make them do stuff, if he had to.

Drinks being a 'perk' of his friendship was not at all a new thing and it actually made Adam smile, that that had continued into Caido. It seemed it could be a perk to some of the Loreseeker's guild too, who apparently partied more than he knew (though Amalia...he didn't comment on what Jigano said, but the bard would feel a little beat of concern). God, please let me bring in some joints sometime and get them all high. It'd be fucking hilarious.

As for Torchline, or 'the cool beach place' as Adam had been referring to it: No, not yet - I wanna go with Pet. Sounds like a nice place to go for a sexy weekend visit, y'know? Those kinda places are always trashholes to live in, though. While he'd never been a pirate, he'd had plenty of experience with their ports and knew well that beautiful beaches easily hid webs of criminal activity and scum. Have you been?

A D A M
Do you wanna dance?
Do you wanna fight?

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
The dragon snorted, blissfully unaware of his friend's unhygienic threat to his dignity, but let the challenge drop as he was distracted by adorable tiny gryphons and dragons pouncing and tumbling through the grass. Talk of drinks made him thirsty for a nice, chilled cider - if he could get it in a bucket or trough appropriate to his current shape - but he hummed a soft agreement at Adam's concern for Amalia. Mention of joints in the Guildhall had him snorting an amused negation, however, and he shifted a wing to nudge the black snake with membrane-covered 'finger.' What they do with you outside the Guildhall for fun and giggles is up to them, but no drugs in the Hall,he chuckled to take any potential sting out of his words. I hate to think of the fire hazard to the books!

A soft croon of encouragement met Adam's desire to take Peter to this mythical beach place, but he huffed a quiet laugh at his friend's description of it. I've never seen the ocean, or a beach that wasn't part of a lake,he reminded his friend of their previous conversation. I don't know about it being particularly sexy... from what I've read, wouldn't sand get into, ah, unfortunate places? But... no, I haven't been yet. He went quiet for a moment, exhaling a frosty puff from his nostrils. I should. Exploring new places... a year ago you couldn't have kept me out with threats or violence. But now... He turned his head to blink down at his snaky friend, suspecting Adam might understand better than most. I know what you mean. I want to go with Rory, but if he won't go... then I don't know how much it matters.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Mature Content Warning 

Sensing that Jigano might be thirsty through their bond, Adam looked over to his bag laying on the grass. It's not quite booze, but I've got a horn full of as much ice water as you could ever want over there, if you want it. As much as he found it a little sad by his old standards, he'd begun to substitute a lot of his own drinking with the water from the horn and had found it to be a refreshing change, the cold bite of the liquid almost enough to make him forget the call of alcohol.

Okay, so no joints, but I got things that come in other forms. Rolling as he was poked, Adam tried his best to wink, which was difficult when your eyes were on either side of your head and difficult to see at the same time. ...I'm winking, just so you know.

Unfortunately for Jigano, Adam was a expert in having sex in virtually any environment and could not resist giving out his studied advice. Oh, so if you have a blanket and go doggy style, you're fine. Everything's lifted up and y'know, if you want it to get romantic you can prone bone down on the blanket when ya wanna and if it's big enough, it'll be fine. With this sage wisdom imparted he quietened down to listen to Jigano speak of Rory, his mystery man.

Y'know, I've never seen this guy. If you really wanna go...maybe you could go for a trip or whatever. I mean, it doesn't have to be a romantic sexy holiday. Pet went off to Halo for a while. Adam was, as ever, in the business of judging his friends romantic partners to see if they were suitable, so he waited to see what Jigano would say.

A D A M
Do you wanna dance?
Do you wanna fight?

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
I will take you up on that soon, good sir, Jigano thanked his companion with a lazy wink. At the moment he was comfortably chatting with a friend while the caught as much sun as they could in their baskets. He was getting hot, but not to the point where he had to move just yet.

You're incorrigible, you mean," the dragon replied, amused in spite of himself by Adam's strangely endearing charm. It let the ex-highwayman get away with saying things he doubted he'd find funny from anyone else. No tempting my guildmates, please. They get in enough trouble on their own! It did lead to a rather high turnover of members, between those who died and the ones who just disappeared.

And then came the lecture, one that was well-meaning and thorough and left the bard blinking in silence - speechless for once, a minor miracle. Only when Adam wound down to a finish did the dragon start to shake, a rumbling growl working its way from his chest through his long throat and finally out into quiet roar of laughter. The only reason there weren't tears in his eyes was his scaly form, and it was a good thing he was already laying down or he might have collapsed to the ground - or at least staggered from the force of a good belly laugh. Adam... Adam you are an education, he exclaimed fondly, glad the Attuned bond let him speak through his rumbling chuckles. Thank you for that. I didn't realize how much I needed it.

It took several more moments to get himself back under control, but saying Rory's name always came with flickers of wistful love and sadness. I don't know... if he'll ever really come back, he admitted softly of his mate, facing it for the first time. The last few years have been hard on him. Hard on everyone, I know, but Rory... it's not a bad thing, that he focuses on his land and the farm. There's something in him that needs time and space to heal, but there are days... days I wonder if it will ever really heal or not. It's... hard, sometimes. He felt a little like he was betraying his lover to even admit it, but with Peter's situation he thought Adam might understand better than anyone else. You're right, though. I should go, just to see it for myself at least once. And if Pet won't go with you, well, maybe we can go together and find a bar to drown our sorrows in, he suggested with an attempt at cheerfulness.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Tactfully, Adam didn't mention the horn had been a gift from Ludo; he wasn't sure if that would sway Jigano's wanting to drink from it or not, but it wasn't like it was death-water or anything. As for 'tempting guildmates', the idea brought a definite smile to his lips. Okay, okay, so not them...but how about you, Provost Jigano? Could I tempt you with a joint one night? If Adam was lacking in drinking buddies, he was really missing some smoking buddies - Amalia was a little too lightweight to do, unfortunately.

When Jigano first growled after Adam's set of instructions, he thought he might have somehow offended the bard bad enough he'd earned a threat; yet it became quickly clear that Jigano was actually laughing and Adam laughed along with him, even if his advice had been meant in all seriousness. S'okay. You got any other sex situations to work out, come to me. Believe me, I've got the experience. You didn't spend as many years as Adam working then moonlighting as a brothel-worker to not know anything about sexual activities.

Adam's amusement died down pretty quick when Jigano admitted he didn't know when Rory would come back, if ever - he hadn't even been aware the man's partner was actually gone. Well, you can't just wait forever. Maybe if he needs that time and space he should accept it's gonna be as a single dude, if he can't be bothered to even keep you updated on when he'll be back.

A D A M
Do you wanna dance?
Do you wanna fight?