the blood you bleed is just the blood you owe
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Mature Content Warning 
but the darker the weather, the better the man
you can take all you want
The day was bright, warm, nice. No storms on the horizon, neither past nor in the close future, and he finds it comfortable enough to keep his shirt slung through a loop to his shorts, glancing over his shoulder as he steps through a sandy dune, full of relatively tall grasses to try and spot a place for the house. The scars have healed, still somewhat painful if pressed too hard, but at least instead of there being bleeding wounds there were simply… Pink scars, crescent shaped and having healed in arcs that removed hints of his tattoos to his back.

All in all, it wasn’t bad in comparison to how it was. “So if the lighthouse is there” He hums to Maea as Haai scouts ahead, iridescent wings flaring through the sky as she dances around the winds. Sunjata’s gaze drifts forward again toward a path, almost as if it’s been used plenty of times, deciding to take it. “Then if we go this way maybe we’ll find something.” He wonders if perhaps instead of building it from scratch – gods, the time needed to do that – if there might be some left behind, some abandoned by families of sailors and fishermen that hadn’t come back from the sea, to possibly expand upon.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Sunlight, blue skies, a warm breeze. It was impossible to tell that Longheat was almost over. Shadows were so pale during the Torchline days, and Maea was paler still, even under the dark protection of her shawl. Drawn up over the head to shelter her skin from the sun, she was a little too hot, very jealous indeed of Sunjata's shirtless state... but her smile was bright. Luminous, in fact, as a blue glow was cast over her face from an orb of light that perched on her shoulder. She had tried to shoo the wisp out into the wind several times, but it clung to her stubbornly, petulant and sulky... like it had ever since last night, when she brought it home, and the will-o-wisp discovered that it was not alone to own her affections.

"Worth a try," Maea agreed, cheerful despite her new companion's sullen mood. "Logically there should be a place for a watchman to live somewhere, magical lights or no."

Reaching out for Sunjata's hand, she laced her fingers into his. A slight limp jarred her step as she walked beside him, the only visible reminder of her own injury now that her legs were hidden away beneath thin, billowing skirts. Pink scars traced two opposing semi-circles on her right thigh beneath them, however, as a reminder of the shark incident... and the girl refused to let anyone removed them.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The will-o-wisp had been an interesting introduction, and yet Haai was still unsure of the ball of light. Unsure of whether to try and play with it, distract it, or try and eat it – she’d stayed away for the most part. And Sunjata? Well, he hadn’t tried much once the companion had grown almost protective over her, unsure of what might happen to him should he draw too near. But Sunjata was often like a moth to flame, and he knows that the minute they find a place to relax in the shade, he’ll test that fate – flame or no.

Her hand reaches for his and he laces his fingers back with hers, slowing his pace a small amount to come up beside her – her legs far shorter than his were, the amount of work it took to keep up for her was far more than he had to give. Flashing a bright smile to her, he tilts his head along the path through the grasses. “One would think so.” He agrees with a bright almost cheerful tone, boyish in the sheer excitement he feels.

Looking ahead, a fair distance away, a few rooftops peek from over a hill, the wind dancing through the grasses in long strokes to head in from the sea, almost appearing overgrown in some places where growth had become too strong to be handled or the people that had been there likely hadn’t kept up with keeping them away. Raising a brow at it, then looking to her, he smirks. “Would you look at that?” He nods his head in that direction.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Maea met his gaze with a wide, excited grin, then looked back at the buildings. It was a handful of houses, no more. Perhaps some attempt had been made to settle a new village, or a family had just grown so much that it required the additions - for siblings with their own families, for outflown children needing their own space, or just friends that wanted to live next to one another. Either way, it was... almost pefect.

"Are they all abandoned?" she wondered, almost a little afraid to go closer, despite the lack of people nearby, or indeed signs of life. It was a bit of a green oasis on the windblown cliffs. A garden gone wild, allowed to overtake the houses it had surrounded. The buildings seemed to be made from large blocks of local rock, likely quarried on the spot.

Turning, she looked back at the lighthouse. From here, the top of it could only just be seen from the incline they stood on, its light wan and dimmed under the sunlight. At night... from the houses, the glow would likely only be seen reflecting on the waters of the ocean far below. Like a private moonpath across the sea, every evening.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Her excitement only adds to his own, and as he looks back to the buildings, he shifts his gaze to that of his panther form – pupils shifting and shrinking with the light as he tries to focus in on it. “Appears so, but we’d have to get closer.” He rumbles softly, looking back to her as his eyes return to the stormy greys of his human form. Giving her hand a squeeze, he follows her gaze to the lighthouse – the top of it hidden, not at all too vibrant from where the homes face. Perhaps a shift, no more than a passing hint of light if it angled their way.

Up for an adventure?” A playful raise of his brow as Haai marches on ahead, dipping and diving with the wind along the cliffs and grasses to get closer to the homes to inspect them. From what she can tell, they do seem unoccupied, aside from what kind of creatures may be living within. And aside from that, well, there was absolutely nothing stopping them from diving in and finding out for themselves.

His excited smile twists into something a bit more mischievous and he lets her hand go, bending just enough to try and scoop her into his arms to carry her closer, that very same playful gleam to his eye.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
"Absolutely!" she replied happily, and was about to continue on ahead when Sunjata let go of her hand, and swept her off her feet. Quite literally. Maea squeaked and threw her arms about his neck out of sheer instinct, not at all used to feel her stomach drop as the ground disappeared from under her feet. She laughed in surprise, her insides tingling from the feeling of his strong arms around her.

"Rogue!" she accused, clearly a little unsettled from being carried, but did not seem disconent.

That... was not true for the will-o-wisp, however. The orb swelled ominously and turned a near incandescent white, zipping up from beneath the woman's hair and darted like an angry wasp towards Sunjata's face. It wasn't big, nor was it hot - touching the fluttering light was neither hot nor cold, nor felt like anything at all, really - but it was bright. And angry.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A bright chuckle leaves her as she squeaks, but she’s in his arms, her own around his neck and he peers at her with that very same cocky smirk he’d given her time and time before. “Rogue I might be, but I’ve got you.” A playful wink as he goes to take a step toward the abandoned homes dotted along the grasses. He holds her tighter, to ensure he doesn’t drop her or lose his footing.

And then something bright flashes out from her hair, white and vibrant and darts for his face – so bright that he has to squeeze his eyes shut against the onslaught of the will-o-wisp, shaking his head to try and get it out of there. He plants his feet to keep from stumbling. “Hey, easy now! She’s mine too!” He manages through his amusement, eyes squinting open a fraction to see if it’s left him alone – trying to take another step forward without losing his step.  “Maea…” He whines against the onslaught, peeking at her through his squinted gaze.

He wasn’t going to be bested by a will-o-wisp.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
She wasn't sure whether to laugh at the way her lover was bested by a ball of light, or angry at the wisp for acting up like this. "Shii, don't do that!" the girl chided, and tried to catch the creature in her hands. It took a few attempts, but finally she trapped it in a cage made by her fingers, and held it up to look sternly at. The emotions that barraged her senses were aggrieved, flustered and very jealous, rather overprotective in a way that made her blush.

"Listen, you!" she said, bringing it up to her eyes. Almost immediately the glow changed into a gentle, powdery blue, and between the flames that licked her fingers harmlessly, Maea almost thought she could see the outlines of a little figure. All big head and wispy arms, with bright-white eyes peering back at her. "You can't do that. Not to Sunjata, and not to Haai. They were with me first, understand?"

She looked rather odd, suspended in Sunjata's grip, talking to a light. But Maea didn't seem bothered at all, too focused on the will-o-wisp that sulked and protested. Soundless, but its pulsing, fluttering light was rapid and upset, bobbing in attempts to get to Sunjata again. Maea closed her fingers tighter, until a soundless squeal of protest reached her. It did not like being shut in.

"No, you can't. He's mine. I would be very sad if you did that. Is that what you want? For me to cry and not like you anymore?" It was like talking to a child. A very selfish, petty, sulky child... but at least it seemed her words reached it. Or rather, her stern disapproval that pulsed through their bond. The orb fluttered, diminished... and then settled.

"Good," Maea approved, tone warming immediately. Opening her hands, she threw the wisp up into the air, where it hung suspended, seemingly unaffected by the wind. "Now go explore. Play with Haai. I'll be right here, and you can come back in a little while." Shii bobbed hesitantly, drifted ominously close to Sunjata again... and after making a swift, clearly unfriendly jab at the top of his head, the light zoomed off. Straight towards Haai, where it began to hover hust over the rump of the griffin, light pulsing teasingly, in a 'you can't catch me here' kind of way.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It takes her a few attempts to catch the will o wisp, but once she’s gotten it within the cage of her fingers, Sunjata continues to walk – gaze drifting between the path ahead and Maea, listening as she chides it and tries to get it to understand. A hum of a chuckle leaves him when she says that they were with her first, some sort of pride settling within his chest at that – an almost childish need to say ‘yeah, see?’

But she continues to talk to him, almost like talking to a child, and perhaps he’s a bit too smug as they near the encroach of buildings but he glances to her when she tosses it up in the air and it suspends – darting toward him almost threateningly before bopping him on his head. His gaze narrows after the will o wisp, and Haai sends flickering pulses of amusement in return – at least until Shii is settled over her rump.

Of course, Haai thinks it unfair, and begins to spin in front of the main home in a game of trying to catch her tail when in reality she’s simply trying to catch Shii. Sunjata rolls his eyes in the meantime, glancing back to Maea with all the same amusement in his face, his back illuminated by the sun and casting his hair and scruff in a faint golden glow. “Shii's fiesty, isn't it?” He rumbles offhandedly, shifting her a small amount in his arms as he steps over a small palm that had fallen in the path. And after a moment, he leans down to plant a kiss to her lips. “But thank you.” He offers with a wink, withdrawing to focus on the path once more.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Maea bit her lip not to laugh at the poor wolf-bird's attempts at getting rid of Shii, who kept its spot just over the base of the tail with remarkable precision. And just as it thought the griffin should be properly dizzy, it zoomed off through the garden, arbitrarily changing the game from tag to hide-and-seek.

"You don't know the half of it," she hummed back, a little embarrassed that her companion should prove to be such a handful. "Please be very careful about following it anywhere if I'm not around... I'm not sure it was joking when it showed me what it wanted to do with you." Something about a dark night and a very steep cliff... Maea didn't even want to know. It had definitely been all sorts of menacing, which was... unsettling, to say the least.

But it was difficult to take it seriously when the wisp was so very small, and to linger on it when the day was so beautiful, and Sunjata looked at her with that much laughter in his eyes. Maea brought her arms back around his neck and leaned into the kiss, fingers threading into his wind-tossed, sunkissed hair. A little breathless, and rather reluctant to let go again when he thanked her.

"Hmm, you're welcome," she returned, deeply amused. "I will make sure to protect you."

She turned to look on ahead, to their destination. Coming down the hill to see the houses more clearly, Maea found that a low stone wall had been placed around the whole area. It was falling apart in places, just like the houses. The roofs were rotten and had fallen in, and just the one, big house looked even remotely sound, from what she could see under all the overgrowth.

"At least we don't have to go far for building materials," she commented, brushing her lips over Sunjata's cheek.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A warning to be careful, and he gives her one of those characteristically rogue grins of his. “What’s the worst that could happen?” He teases her lightly, finding no reason to worry too much. What was the worst that could happen? Drowning? He had his whale shift. Falling off a cliff? He had his macaw shift. Perhaps it’s the arrogance in him that leads him to think that he could get out of anything, especially that of which is Shii’s own making.

But he kisses her and her arms wrap around him again, fingers tangling in his curls – the kiss deepening a fraction before he pulls away and focuses a bit more on the gratitude and the buildings they approach. “Good.” A playful tease sent her way, a wink as well, before his gaze flits to the main building, guiding them there. Haai, meanwhile, grows dizzy and pants within the heat – wings splayed along the ground as she tries to follow where the wisp had gone. And when she thinks she has an idea, she bounds – swaying – to follow it.

They reach a small stone gate of sorts, and reluctantly Sunjata leans into the kiss to his cheek, before he snorts – bending down to reluctantly let her go to stand and explore on her own while his hand seeks out her own again. “A lot of work… But better than building from scratch and trying to get everything up here.” He says with a hint more of a serious tone, turning halfway to look back up the hill. From the way the front door is located, it appears as though you’d be able to see anyone should they venture this way. And if you listen close enough, you can hear the crash of the waves down below.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
She was reluctant to relinquish the grasp on him too. Had been very touchy ever since they got back from their misadventures, as if needing to constantly make sure Sunjata was there, was real and alive. At least Maea still had his hand to hold, and she kept a firm grip on it as she got her feet under her, able to stand and look around properly.

The garden wasn't huge, not really. It was just that each plot between the houses had merged into one tangle of a jungle, with some tall trees to provide shade and cover for the rest of the plants to grow. Most of them were tropical and unknown to her, but there were some flowering vines she immediately fell in love with, with blue and purple flowers hanging like drapes from winding branches.

"We have to keep those," she said, and pointed them out to Sunjata, happily dragging him over to smell them. It was a sweet fragrance, like a mixture between lilac and honey. Very heady and strong; no doubt it would fill the air come sunset. There were other plants too, and she drifted deeper into the tangle of underbrush with fearless abandon, leading them gradually around the house on a winding, pathless trail from wonder to delight.

"Look. It seems there's a porch, too!" she said. It was almost entirely overgrown, but seemed to circle the whole building, offering ample amounts of shade. "Even I could be outside with that much shelter! Sunjata, I love this, it's perfect!"

Of course, she hadn't paid a lot of attention to the house itself, too busy with the garden.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She tugs him along and he follows closely, tearing his gaze from the winding hill and the path that leads up to the home to focus on the sight he sees before him. A garden of sorts, overgrown and with vines growing along the stone and wood of the home and fence. She points them out, tells him that they have to keep them, and he hums a quiet laugh of agreement to that. “I agree.” And he does – they remind him so much of Saartjie, in a way, that he can’t seem to part with it already.

Though… Trimming, perhaps, may be needed.

Still, she pulls him further along the trail into the confines of the front of the home – and he dodges a few rogue branches from growing palms, stepping over bushes that have overgrown a bit too much. His gaze lifts to find the porch, overgrown and vibrant against the stone hue of the house and he grins to her. “I’ve always loved porches.” A quiet admission, giving her hand a squeeze as she comments that she loves it.

We haven’t seen the inside yet, don’t grow too attached.” He teases her lightly, letting go of her hand to step onto the porch – perhaps a bit warily as he applies his weight to it, hoping to not crash through any of the wooden boards. And when he doesn’t, finds them surprisingly sturdy, he tears away a few of the rogue weeds that had grown over the door before pulling it open. Inside, it’s dusty and old, but from the entrance he can already spot a fireplace in the corner, a left behind dining table… A home that had been lived in and left, for gods knew how long.

He turns back to her then to gesture inside when he notices a few creatures hidden beneath the tangle of the foliage near the side of the home – a herd of something he’s never seen before in vibrant hues with a beaklike face and ram horns of a sort, grazing in the distance.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
He was right of course, it could be that the place was beyond repair. Too much work for its worth. But Maea wanted it to be in good order, or at least enough that they could bring in some friends to repair it on their own. Perhaps someone would have to take a look at the roof, and make sure that the walls were alright, but... As she peaked in through the door Sunjata pulled open, she thought it might not be as bad as it looked.

Maea was about to as him something when the Flood stiffened, his attention caught by something. Turning, she followed his gaze and felt her breath catch at the sight of something... colorful, in the verdant undergrowth. Feathered, with massive beaks, but they were grazing, and looked like very strange deer.

"If what I heard is right, those are ramphire," she told him, keeping her voice down. "Not very common... not very dangerous. Merchants pay well for the feathers though, I've seen them at the marketplace." Loreseeker eyes, Loreseeker ears. Always keen to pick up on interesting details.

The girl would have been content to let the creatures be, but just as she turned to slip into the house, a bobbing, weaving light came darting out of the bushes and zoomed straight for the animals.

"Oh, Shii!" Maea groaned, holding her breath; not sure how the critters would react to her companion.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA