spilling dust
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
ache first, but then let the cuts close
spit out the blood
There had been days where he’d longed for the same – for a home that wasn’t and couldn’t be again. For mountains where his bones had been laid to rest. For oceans only lined by the luminary press of the moon. For family gone. So he could feel that inkling of empathy, that reach for something that couldn’t ever happen. His brows furrowed, jaw clenching, fingers restlessly tapping against the stone fixtures of the well. “I do understand. But there was never going to be a way back.” Tugged and pulled by the Voice for whatever machinations and plans she’d had in store – only to backfire, when the rest of the world didn’t fall in line with her schemes.

He paused, inhaled, took in a rapid breath that slowed, then stilled, in the breadth of his chest. “So we make the most of what we have been given. Make a home here.” As he’d done for the past few years, painstakingly carving every niche for himself, and for the ones he cherished. Experienced love and loss and then all of it again, remembering what it meant to live instead of merely exist. “That does not mean you forget where you came from. I have been told many times that it does no good to waste away, pining for those you cherished. They only live on if you do.” In memories, in dreams. His head tilted, looking briefly into the darkness of the surface before him, before pinpointing his gaze back to Darkeye. “Then, you adapt.” And perhaps the cleric had begun to do so, attempting to erase the marks of the past and the bludgeoning blips of relic hunts gone awry. “You are trying, which is more than what many attempt.”
watch your body pull itself back together
then let your soul do the same
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye nodded and said softly, "I know that now, Deimos, but I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me. I had to find out for myself. An insight that comes only when you try it yourself. I had to learn the hard way," he said, trying to explain his approach. Still, it seemed like a stab to him. As Deimos said, the realization that there was no way made it very difficult. He inhaled and exhaled a few times, trying to breathe away the rising uncertainty. It is a sad truth that he never wanted to admit to himself. He still had a hard time accepting it.

"I had friends here Deimos here on the grounds. All of them are dead. Or serve the new deity and behave differently. People who only wanted to live. Whose death still affects me. I give Sunjata so much anger because I hold him partly responsible for it. But a big part of it is my fault. It wouldn't have come to this if I had been stronger and adapted earlier. I failed as a war priest and as a human being. I have enormous problems accepting that as well. But it is a fact," he said, staring up into the sky, thinking about how to continue the conversation. He understood Deimos' approach. People are remembered only when they are remembered and kept in the heart. A dead person. His parents. His wife. His family, his children, everything he had left behind. As he tried to recapture that life. Sunjata made it hard for him. Someone who puts his ambitions above the lives of others. Life was worth a lot to Darkeye. Something you don't take lightly. "If you don't try to change, you don't need to expect the world to do it for you. Thank you for your words. I needed to hear them." he said again calmly.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
It’d certainly been Darkeye’s choice to learn the hard way – when everyone else was extending their wisdom and sagacity. He didn’t roll his eyes, but permitted a long and slow sigh to follow through on breaths again, before snorting. Perhaps the Sword, and many others, had had the benefit of years of knowing and understanding; they’d aired their wounds and grievances long before the priest had even made it to the thresholds, maneuvering onwards, trying to salvage what they could. Outlanders for an eternity, no matter how much they instilled or ingratiated themselves.

But that didn’t seem to matter anymore.

And the cleric certainly didn’t have to tell him about deceased, perished friends; the Warden had his own, gone and vanquished. Placing some of the issues upon Sunjata didn’t bother him in the least, but hearing Darkeye stake claims in the motions caused his brow to furrow, striving to follow the lines of thought. “He is responsible for many downfalls, including his own.” He rolled and shrugged his shoulders; content to leave the Flood to disintegrate, evaporate, in the misery of his own making. “But you have an opportunity to ensure the Grounds grow strong again.” If they ever had been – it was difficult to tell. Misery hung over it like a veil.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
He liked Deimos for his honest ways. He knew he often held back his real thoughts. Darkeye was the opposite. He often spoke his mind and rarely showed empathy. It seemed to him that Deimos struggled with him most of the time, but had not given up on him. He could still learn a lot if he would finally start to listen to him and not continue to try to live out his stubbornness. Deimos had become his true friend, even if he did not see it that way.

"I have to go against a lot of preteens. I have a lot of work to do. It's not going to be easy. But yes, I will make this my home. My problems have become smaller compared to what is going on in Caido. I would be happy if the two of us could continue to get along so well, Deimos. I am always happy to see you. Even when you have to hold me up like a little boy. Actually, it should be the other way around," he says with a grin. The sword had done more to him than the gods of Caido ever could. A moment of peace. At least that's how it felt to Darkeye.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
“If it were easy, it would have already been accomplished.” He gave a wry grin, hoping to alleviate some of the melancholy atmosphere, placing a distance between the harshness while still intermingling with the strands of reality. Presiding amidst Halo hadn’t been simple or straightforward either, with multitudes of mistakes, errors, and grievances along the way, but they’d learned and prospered from them. The people contained within were strong and enduring though, never coming close to giving in. If the Hollowed Grounds could be much the same…

He wasn’t expecting Darkeye’s sentimentality extended his way, and for a moment, he didn’t know what to do with it. Eyes widening for a fraction, he snorted again. “Thank you. I think we can try.” He’d already given his amount of advice in listening; and if the priest adhered to it, they’d be fine. Friends, even when it seemed a scarce possibility.

He did manage a laugh at the last remark, shaking his head. “Do not worry about it.”
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
"I know," he said quietly, looking westward at what used to be for a moment. How the two of them had met. What it turned into. He was one of the few who had always stood by him. At least that's how it seemed. Darkeye didn't know how to deal with that. He often tried to find an answer to many things. But here he failed

Darkeye knew that such a thing was not easy but had set it as a goal. It was one worth fighting for. With his advice, he could get further. If he listened to him and still thought about it, Caido could become a beautiful place. "I'll be on my way now. I thank you for your time and words, or do you want to discuss something?" The way back is long. But every moment with Deimos was worth it.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
His eyes glanced once more at the intriguing well with its seemingly infinite end – before listening to the cleric’s speech. It was about time for him to be heading home as well, either by wings or skyport, back to mountains and summits and everything else they were striving for. “No. I will leave you to the Grounds. Take care,” with a hint of a smile, pondering of things to come. There were more options around the bend too – and he’d make due on his promises. With a wave extended to Darkeye, the Sword began his journey towards Halo, presuming the older man would be doing the same towards his own land.

{FIN}