the sun looks on | open
early Flowerbirth, morning
Lissa Arcelle
Favor Dealer

Age: 28 | Height: Long | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Dreamer Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lissa
fortune favours the bold

She'd missed the sun. With all of her being, Lissa had yearned for the light of day to warm her scales and kiss her eyelashes. The glow of the moon was not quite enough for her to find gifts from the sea, or at least, not anything spectacular.

And now she finally had the sun back.

With the bright star overhead, while her tail coiled behind her in the lapping waves, far from the eyes and ears of any beach-goers, she combed the beach with greedy fingers. Damp sand sifted between them to leave broken bits of shell behind, and these she discarded back into the waters. None were perfect enough to decorate her hair or string into necklaces, which was a shame because she was growing bored of the old night-blooming flowers tied to her head with sea grass.

Movement startled her absent humming into a sudden halt, but Lissa hadn't enjoyed company since before LongNight. So she called out: "Who comes to visit me?"

Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Jude
the sky is more blue whenever I'm next to you
The sun has returned at last. LongNight had not seemed to scary with a house full of family to keep him surrounded with love and support, but the empty halls and barren bedrooms had seemed more terrifying than the endless blackness beyond the Court’s walls. His father had done as much as he possibly could to fill the spaces between, but Jude - sensitive, watchful Jude - could see that his father was barely hanging on himself. So when the sun returns at last, Jude vows to not add to his father’s burden, and occupies himself alone on the beach.

He is similarly hunting for shells and conches when his heel dips into a crab hole and trips him, sending him flat amidst the wiry beach grass. Groaning, Jude sits up on his shins and wipes the sand from his face, making a face at the coarse sensation. A woman’s voice startles him, and he jumps to attention automatically, nervously approaching through the grass. “S-Sorry, I didn’t mean to bother you,” he stutters, feeling guilty for presumably having startled her. “I was just shell hunting. My name’s Jude, what’s yours?” And, having gained confidence midway, his shy but sunny smile returns with force.