I love you (Do you still love me?)
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Online
Change author:
MP: 3215

Edmund paced back and forth along the shore. He'd chosen this place because it held one of his fondest memories with his mum. Exploring and collecting the colorful stones was a core memory of his. The love and joy of the moment would never leave him. Perhaps it was wistfulness for what he'd destroyed or hope for what might return to him.

The young Ancient was well aware that he was the one who burned his bridges, dousing them in the fires of Mother Dygra and crushing them beneath the weight of her stone. Yet he held no regret for his choices, simply guilt for tearing a hole in the life of his family. A hole in the heart of Mummy.

Naivety had told him that they would be ok. That Edmund could leave, do what he had to do, and return home. But hearing that his mum had stepped down as Queen was a wake-up call. A jolt to reality and the consequences of his actions. Now the young Ancient was unsure of his place outside of the Climb.

His tail lashed as he paced, fangs bared in frustration, Edmund reached up and roughly ruffled his hair, being mindful of his horns. He didn't know what to do with his restless energy. Gods, he hoped his Mum would show up. Surely, she would?

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room
The letter arrives in the middle of her fourth draft of her own, causing her quill to skid across the paper at the tapping of the raven against the glass, breath catching in her throat at the sight of the familiar seal. With trembling fingers she broke it, rereading the words over and over again, tears already stinging the corners of her eyes at the familiar strokes of ink. Edmund.

Hours seem to crawl, making her stomach twist with each passing second as she waits, unable to sleep as dawn slowly approaches. She's out of bed well before sunrise, Aidon dutifully at her side, ever watchful of the Nightshade as she winds her way through Torchline and to the Rainbow Road. The last time she saw him replaying in her mind. The horns curling from his crown, the way his eyes widened and he trembled in the snow, clearly no longer suited for the weather. Her son. Her precious star. He'd run from her then, begging her not to cause a scene, fear of rejection apparent in his gaze.

It had taken everything in her not to whisk him away then and there, demanding answers for where he'd been and the choices that he made, but she had let him go because he asked her to.

Now she didn't know what he wanted. Why he was writing, but he had asked her to come and nothing would have kept her away.

She sees him pacing ahead. His tall, slender form reminiscent of his father's, but the dark curls and pale skin are hers. What isn't hers, however, are the protruding horns coming from the crown of his head and the tail that lashes with each agitated step he takes. No, that isn't hers at all.

Her feet come to a stop ten paces away, pulse thundering in her ears as her heart threatens to burst from the force at which it is beating, hands trembling at her sides. Aidon, despite longing to dive towards him in greeting, stays circling above until he's released from the duty.

"Edmund... Ma petite étoile.." Maeve breathes, voice barely breaking over the sound of crashing waves along the shoreline.
Maeve
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

The sound of footsteps and familiar wings have Edmund's heart in his throat. But the words, the nickname, they have it cracking open as tears begin to spill. "Mummy. You came." Relief, joy, fear. He doesn't know what to feel. It's too much but not enough. Too much distance in every sense of the word.

Long strides take him until he's right in front of her. His arms coming up hesitantly, asking, begging, for a hug. For the privilege to curl up in her arms like he used to, for the home he had always had at her heart's side. Edmund doesn't know what he'll do if he's burned that bridge too. The thought is choking, as he waits for his judgment. Internally he begs for at least one last hug, one last reminder of what he'd had before she sends him away for good. Before his mum rejects him for the path he's chosen, and he's left stranded in a world too big to traverse alone.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room
There is a moment where Maeve is unsure of what to do as his voice reaches her, breaking against her already cracked heart and causing her carefully held façade to shatter, forgetting all about her anger for the time being. Her arms open as he rushes towards her, barely allowing him to pause as he draws his tall frame against her, tucking him to her chest as if he was still a child. "Where have you been? Don't you know I've been worried sick?" She rasps, tears slipping down her cheeks as she cradles him close, fingers slipping through his dark curls gently.

Her scolding would come. He wasn't going to be spared that, but for the time being, she was simply relieved to have him in her arms again.
Maeve
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund lets out a sob as his mum pulls him in Mindful of his horns, he melts into her arms, his hands desperately grasping her back. Breath hitching, he tries to find the is home, always. But the expanse of stone and lava is now just as much so.

Letting out another shaky breath, tears still fresh on his cheeks, Edmund nods into his mum's shoulder. "I know. I'm so so so sorry for hurting you." The root of his guilt and the only true regret he has for his new life. Refusing to pull back, the young Ancient tries to give her something. Some kind of balm for the festering wound he's dealt.

"I needed time to learn about myself. I.." Milo's face flashes through his mind and Edmund gasps out another sob as he shakes his head, "I couldn't risk truly hurting you. Hurting Jude or Harper. I had to get used to what I am now." The initial bloodlust had been all encompassing and it had taken time to recognize the pattern of it. But now he has, and Edmund just wants to go home.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire