Brothers by Heart
For Jude!
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215

After an emotional talk with his Mum, Edmund had to seek out his little brother. Following the directions given by curious citizens, he soon spotted Jude in the sand. Breath hitching, the Ancient ran over, "Jude!"

Simply exchanging letters hadn't been enough. He's missed his little brother horribly. The little brother who had kept his secret, grounded him after the mess of Milo, and reassured him that he would always be loved by at least one person. Jude may not be his brother by blood, but he was in every other way. Every way that mattered.

Skidding to a stop, he swept Jude off his feet and into a hug, "I've missed you."

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Jude
our sun's still shining, but it seems half the size
Jude is busy building an elaborate sand-commune on the beach. The return of warmer weather means those with fewer defenses against the cold - namely the children and the elderly - have returned en masse to the vibrant shores. Jude doesn't have many friends, but he is quite adept at keeping himself entertained, and what Torchline-born child doesn't have ample experience with the intricacies of sand castle building?

The call of his name makes him snap his head up, the familiarity of the tone slamming into him like a surprise wave that emotionally topples him within seconds of looking up and seeing his brother running across the sand. "Mun -" he chokes out, scrambling to stand up and run towards him, straight into his arms where he is swept up and held tight and close. He buries his head in Edmund's shoulder immediately, smaller arms wrapping around the older boy's neck as he instantly tears up. "You're back? You're really back?" he warbles. "I missed you more," he belatedly argues, weak at best but full of every inch of trembling heart that pounds gratefully in his chest.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Jude lands in his arms and a wave of peace and love floods Edmund with a force greater than the waves beside them. The tiger beneath his skin rumbles with possessive affection and the young Ancient finds himself nuzzling his cheek against the top of his brother's head. A chant of mine, mine, safe, mine, love you, mine echoes in his mind as he holds Jude as close to him as possible.

"I'm back. I'm back." Tears spill from his eyes as he argues back, "Not possible." Walking over to the abandoned sandcastle, Edmund sits down in the sand, holding Jude the entire way. He won't be letting go of his brother anytime soon. Not willingly at least.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Jude
The first thing he notices is that Edmund smells different. Like a familiar stranger. The brine and sun had been too strong the day his brother left for Jude to have noticed it then, but he can't ignore it now. It makes his chest hurt in a way he can't understand. But the older boy's arms are still the same, the way he cradles Jude just as familiar as the previous hundred times he's done it, so Jude shoves down that weird ache and focuses instead on the fact that Edmund is back.

Edmund had grown stronger when he'd aged, but clearly that has only continued, as he seems to have no problem sitting the two of them down in the sand with nary a wobble. With sand beneath his shins, Jude uses the new leverage to crawl even closer into his brother's embrace before he dares to rear his head back - not wanting to lose any inch of space in his desire to meet Edmund's eyes. "Where did you go? And - and are you gonna come back home?" Not just to Torchline, but to their house. Because if not, Jude may throw his first ever tantrum with the demand to move in with his older brother wherever he goes.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund locks eyes with Jude just as eagerly. He's gone far too long without seeing his little brother's face and his eyes scan the clear growth and changes present. It hurts to know that he's missed part of his brother's childhood, even if was a relatively short period of time. It felt like a lifetime for the young teen, probably even longer for Jude.

"I went to the Climb. It's the home of Ancients and I needed to learn more about what I am now." That was the short version of course. Edmund could never tell his brother of what he'd done. Darker thought surfaced and he pulled Jude tighter against him, hiding his face into the child's hair for a moment. Thoughts of the bloodust had consumed him so completely at first that he'd taken an innocent life raced through his mind. That after coating his soul in blood thoroughly enough to safely say goodbye to Jude, that Edmund had felt it was necessary to return to his Mother's domain and learn control. A few months of learning the patterns of his bloodlust and how to handle it. had done him well.

Confident in his self-control, Edmund forced himself to take a deep breath and once more meet Jude's eyes with is own. The young Ancient was home and he nodded at his brother reassuringly. "I am. To Torchline at least. I uh... might see about getting myself an apartment in the near future. But I'll probably be back home-home first." The young Ancient desperately wanted to truly return to his family but returning to his old room felt odd. He had changed and Edmund had grown to relish his independence as well. He'd try to reintegrate into their home first, but he had a feeling that he'd end up moving out rather quickly. If his mum let him that was.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Jude Quinn
Singer

Change author:
Jude
The Climb is a familiar destination in name alone, but Jude's brows furrow with clear concern - a concern that focuses on one thing only. "Were they nice to you?" His hands curl in Edmund's shirt thoughtlessly, keeping him close. "Did you learn a lot?" Presumably enough to have warranted returning home, but Jude has accompanied Edmund on so many adventures that it feels strange to have missed out on such a momentous one. He wants to know every detail, so he might commit it to memory enough to pretend he was there every step of the way.

Jude tries not to preen with excitement at the reassurances of Edmund remaining in Torchline, but it slips through anyway - especially at the mention of an apartment. "Can I come with you?" He perks up almost desperately at the idea. "Or, have a key?" Because he's old enough now to start being aware that younger brothers sort of cramp older brothers' style. "Home is...it kinda sucks," he admits in a hushed mumble, as if anyone else is around to hear it.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Nice? That's not the word that Edmund would choose. Instead, he lets out a soft chuckle, "They were what I needed." With a squeeze of Jude's shoulders he adds, "I learned so so much." Unable to stop himself, he presses another kiss into his brother's temple. "I missed you so so so so much more."

Edmund bites his lower lip at Jude's tone. "It is? I'm sorry." He has no doubt that his absence is to blame for a part of it. "If and when I get my own place, you'll have your own key. I promise." Running a hand through his brother's hair, he adds, "I have to finish a quest first but once I'm done, how about you help me pick out a place?"

With more hugs and reassurances that he wouldn't vanish again, Edmund picks up his brother to carry him home. He felt hopeful for the future, unaware that he was soon to be lost for months. Perhaps when he was finally able to truly come home, his brother would forgive him?

-{FIN}

Edmund

Reborn In Fire