racing toward the heavens
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
The day was bright and sunny as Sohalia soared through the cloudless sky, ascending higher and higher in search of the Leap of Faith. She couldn't have chosen a better day if she'd tried. It was the perfect Flowerbirth weather: not too hot, not too cold, with a light breeze smelling of fresh grass and flowers. She grew more excited the higher she got. Her plans for the day were perfectly arranged, and she couldn't wait to get to her destination to set them in motion.

Still, the flight was long and arduous, and when she finally reached the summit, she landed upon the cliffs high above the Oerwoud and shifted. Her blonde hair caught the sun as she unfurled from her snowy owl form, a bright smile meant for no one on her face. Now that she'd made it to the one place in Caido she'd always wanted to see, she was going to take her time. No one ever said she had to make the leap immediately, after all.
Sohalia
there's more to living than being alive
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Age: 22 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 7 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Time Online
Change author:
MP: 1005
Ellyra
I must become a lion hearted girl
Ready for a fight
Traveling through the jungle was much easier as a lion than it was as a girl. Four paws carried her much more swiftly than her two feet had ever done, even in all of her years of travel after the felling of the barrier. There was no comparison to her agility and nimbleness as a lionness than her feeble attempts at such things as a human.

Every time she shifted it still exhilarated her as much as it had the day Safrin had blessed her and welcomed her to her side.

After spending time hunting and filling her belly, the young woman found herself on the well-worn path to the great falls. At least, it was a path as well worn as one could be in a jungle as dense as this. Carefully and skillfully hopping over logs and crawling through brambles that tugged at her sides, Ellyra finally emerged from the thick of the trees and stood at the edge of the waterfall. Feline eyes scanned over the marvelous beauty, but her attention turned to the owl (an unusual bird for such a place) turned to a woman.
Before I make the final sacrifice
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Sohalia stood at the brink of the falls, her attention on the view. From up here, she could see for miles, and she stared out over the jungle below with a wide, eager grin. It was everything she'd hoped for and more. She turned her face into the spray of the falls, closing her eyes to enjoy the sensation of mist upon her skin. When she'd had her fill for the moment, she stepped away from the edge and turned - only to find something staring at her.

The young woman jumped, surprised, having thought she'd be the only one atop the falls for some reason. She certainly wasn't expecting a lion to be joining her. But despite her surprise, she relaxed when she felt the familiar tickle in the back of her mind identifying the lion as another Attuned. "Hello," she said with a bright, friendly smile. "I'm Sohalia. Would you care to join me?"
Sohalia
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Age: 22 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Ellyra
Ready for a fight
It wasn’t until the blonde turned to face her that Ellyra lifted her head with recognition. It tilted slightly to the side as she reached out with attuned measures. Sohalia? It was a simple question, but the voice within the other attuned’s mind would be recognizable as any other that grew up shoulder to shoulder with her in the Grounds. It had been years since Ellyra had been back there, but the gentle eyes and soft curves of her face were something she wouldn’t forget.

It’s me, Ellyra Fox. The lioness stood and curved her muscular body some, angling it so that Sohalia could inspect her. Safrin attuned me just before the war. At the mention of Safrin’s name, a pulse of warmth spread out across the attuned bond and Ellyra’s mental voice purred some. Isn’t it great!?
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia? The voice that unfurled in her mind was familiar somehow, and Soh tilted her head to one side in confusion as she surveyed the approaching lion. Why was it familiar? Then the lion introduced herself, and the young woman grinned. It had been years since Soh had heard the friendly voice, and it wasn't one that she'd been expecting to hear again.

"Ellyra!" squealed Soh, watching the approaching lion fondly. "You look amazing! How are you? Where have you been?" She remembered Ellyra as a girl not so much older than her, with blonde hair and hazel eyes, headstrong and independent. To see her now as a lion was somehow not entirely surprising. "It's amazing, being attuned. Gods, I can't even tell you how much fun it is to fly!"
Sohalia
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Change author:
Ellyra
Ready for a fight
The girl chose not to shift back into her human skin quite yet. Though, if she had, there would certainly be a wide and toothy grin brightening her round face. I'll fly one day. The lionness nearly purred over the attuned bond, her voice strong with confidence. I'm so glad to see you've come out on this side of things. I haven't had much contact with anyone from home, since my parents died during the war. The Sparkbird, I heard. Her ears dropped some, but were instantly back up again as she tilted her head. I've been living in Stormbreak. It's really different there, but its nice to be able to explore. She knew that Sohalia shared the same sentiment as she had growing up -- that the barrier around their home was stifling and terrible, that the Voice's and the Ascended's presence was choking, and to feel true freedom was a pulling, yearning dream.

Now they got to live it, for better or for worse.
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
I'll fly one day, said Ellyra, and Soh grinned. Knowing her friend, the statement didn't surprise her in the slightest, and she had every confidence thst Ellyra would indeed find some wings, no matter what it took.

"I'm so sorry for your loss," she said sorrowfully at the mention of Ellyra's parents. The other woman would have known about Soh's own loss in that regard, but she might not have heard of Auden's death. So Sohalia took a deep breath, swallowing hard. "Auden's gone, too. Not the war. Illness. Not too long ago." She still missed her guardian every day, and her pain was clear in her eyes.

But the conversation shifted quickly, and Soh was thankful for the change of pace. "Oh, I'm planning to visit Stormbreak soon!" she exclaimed with a smile. "I'll have to look you up while I'm there!" She'd heard only good things about the city, and now that she knew that another of her friends lived there, it drew her even more. She'd be curious to explore and see everything that Stormbreak had to offer. "Is there anything I should look out for while I'm there?"
Sohalia
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Change author:
Ellyra
Ready for a fight
Ellyra lowered her great head and her ears dropped some. I found my place in the clinics, though. Really helping people. Which was good, knowing that there were some that chose to do the opposite during the war and in the aftermath. but as Soh went on, Ellyra lifted her head. It's a lot different than the Grounds. There's a lot to learn about culture and history, art and science. You'll love the libraries. Ellyra said, and the emotion that would invoke a smile on the woman's human face pulsed over the bond.

Unwilling to let them shift back to conversations of what had been lost, the lioness let her tail sway high as a cunning twinkle glinted in her eye. Hey, let's have a race, huh? See if your wings or my legs are faster. Then, with a feline wink, Ellyra turned and darted back into the forest the way she came. She didn't wait for Sohalia to come with her, somehow knowing she couldn't resist the enticement.

FIN