[SE] sometimes i don't recognize my face
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
It was true that they'd never really discussed the gods and who they individually revered, and in truth, Soh wasn't really sure about that, herself. She'd done tons of research, of course, but it didn't seem to help. Choosing a herald to serve seemed like such a personal decision, one that couldn't be made by simply reading books and jotting down lists of pros and cons. "I'm not sure," she admitted. "I've read about them, but I've never met any. From the stories I've heard, I feel the most drawn to Frey, but... I don't know. What do you think?" she asked, hoping for guidance and direction. Perhaps Jude could help her make a decision that she had thus far failed to make on her own.

She stepped back a little as instructed, gazing at Jude affectionately as he chips away, tongue between his teeth in concentration. And then, suddenly, their ruby popped free!

"You did it!" Soh squealed, scarcely containing her excitement as she fought not to jump up and down in place. Only the pickaxe in Jude's hand kept her from leaping forward for a hug (after all, it wouldn't help to get herself impaled at this stage in the process), and she settled instead for a few shuffled steps forwards before she leaned down to pick up the stone. It was a good size and weight in her hand, and she felt confident that they should be able to get a few earrings out of it. She held it up between them, offering it to Jude. "Look how pretty it is!"
if all of the days have no more light and all of our dreams are lost tonight
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
I have found it is both a blessing and a curse
Jude has never heard her so uncertain, and though she’s suitably subtle in her desire for guidance, she has no hope of hiding it from her best friend. Surprising himself with the sudden certainty in his chest, Jude shoots her a smile. “Then we should go see Frey! Sometimes all it takes is your first gut instinct or curiosity.” He hasn’t chosen himself either, but he at least has his narrowed down to two and has met both! “Then if you don’t think it’s right we can go see the others later.” He isn’t sure what they would be asking for, or how long ‘later’ would be, but to Jude those are all just unnecessary details.

Her ensuing excitement makes him grin habitually, carefully setting down the axe before turning to butt in close and hang his head next to Sohalia’s to inspect the ruby chunk. Blushing when she extends it towards him moments later, he leans back and takes it from her hand to inspect it up close. “It’s bigger than I thought!” They’ll definitely be able to make earrings out of it. “There’s a metalworker in Torchline who could make the earrings if we get the rubies ready. Do you know anyone who can do that or should we go back to the people I asked about the mining?” Jude is willing to put in the legwork for their communication devices even if it takes talking to more people than he is normally okay with.
to feel everything so deeply and insistently
JUDE
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
In truth, Soh had never really decided on a deity because she'd never really decided on how to approach them. She didn't really need anything, and somehow it seemed rude to only go to the gods because she wanted something. But now, suddenly, with Jude's brilliant idea, there was something she wanted. And he was even offering to go with her! "Frey it is," she said with a laugh, pleased to have the decision made - at least for now. "As soon as we have the earrings."

With the ruby procured, she and Jude peered at it in the scant light from the caverns. Even here, it shone with a rusty red color. She couldn't wait to see what it looked like once it was cut and shined properly! "I think there's a gem worker in Stormbreak that could prepare the rubies for us. I can take it to them and then meet you in Torchline?" she suggested, reaching for her bag. With Jude's agreement, she packed away the ruby and picked up her belongings. It was time to go make some jewelry!

-FIN-
if all of the days have no more light and all of our dreams are lost tonight