All who wander
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
Hadama could do little but wait while Harper checked the man over, offering what light his star-blessed trident could provide. He was as familiar with death as any of the sea's children, but he had no great experience in human medical ailments or their treatment. It was a relief to hear that the lost soul wasn't yet dead, but there was little either King or Advisor could do for him in the cave. The very concept of dehydration was alien to him, but it was a likely factor in the human's lack of response...

And unfortunately none of the water that surrounded them was drinkable by landfolk.

"I can carry him," the Tidebreaker rumbled, swimming close enough for Harper to transfer the fragile collection of bones and skin and life to the King's arms, though it required setting the trident down on the shelf. "So he will not leave the range of my ring. Can you swim while carrying the trident?" To light the way for them both, though some of the shallower stretches of tunnel would soon grow difficult for the mermanta to traverse as the tide continued to ebb.
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Harper
I'll keep breaking my own heart with dreams
I know I'm still not what I want to be
The offer is met readily, unwilling to argue when it was both the logical conclusion and when there was a life on the line, one whose continued existence depends on their swiftness. Muscled figure displaying its handiness, Harper helps transfer the unresponsive man into Hadama's arms and readjusts on the stony outcrop beneath his knees.

Glancing at the glowing trident, Harper takes it in his hand to gauge the weight before he answers. "Yes, I can do that. I can always activate my water walking ring if I need." It would force him to the surface like a buoy. Slipping back into the water, trident in hand, Harper pushes off the wall with his foot to spare his arms what little he can. It will be a workout, but overall one worthy of a saved life. "I'm ready when you are. Lead the way - you have better eyes in here." The trident will surely help Harper as it had before, though he could half-shift his eyes as well. Either way, both men are well-equipped for this venture which was precisely why they'd tackled it together.
But what more do you want from me?
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
Hadama nodded, trusting his weapon to Harper as he gathered the unconscious smuggler close and sank into the water with him. This time he hung back so Harper could lead the way, following the faint light of the trident as they navigated the tunnels back once more.

Their slow approach had the benefit of making it easier to remember the path on the way out, though they were viewing it from a different angle this time. Still, they'd made few turns and the landmarks where they had done so were clear enough after a moment's consideration that they were able to exit the Fingers far more rapidly than they had entered. Where the receding tide left certain passages too shallow, Hadama used his magic to pull in enough extra water to allow himself and his burden easier passage until they finally broke into the fading light of sunset.

The man was lucky. They were able to get him to the healing waters of the Fountain in time so at least his partner's death had not been entirely in vain.

~Fin~