[SE] ignis aurum probat
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Fox shakes his head softly. "I don't think so," he says. "And as an Ascended, you tend to need to know where all the shrines are. But then again the Grounds changed a lot in the war. Maybe one of the shrines isn't where it used to be, and it became one to Dygra?" It's a feeble guess at best, but only because the shrine hadn't felt like it had once belonged to the Voice, but wholly other. Quite like the goddess it belonged to, in truth.

An offer to join the guild is unexpected at best, Fox falling to a half quite without noticing that he does so, his hand reaching out against a seam of what looks like obsidian - likely a common material up in the Climb. "You wouldn't mind?" he asks, unable not to sound softly surprised. He'd been Ascended, after all. "I mean-- I would love to, of course. It would be nice to be a part of something bigger. And if you ever need a hand somewhere that isn't cold, I'd be happy to join in."
fox
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Deimos had only known about the shrine amidst the Atheneum, courtesy of assisting Rexanna with one of her quests some years ago. But given the way the world had altered after the war, perhaps anything sensical should’ve been placed elsewhere – shifted, in some ways entirely, from what had been normal. He shrugged his shoulders, taking the estimation, before meandering into another question – though, mostly from the standpoint of wondering how Kiada had changed through it all. “Was it difficult to transition from Ascended to Ancient?” He presumed there were certain parameters somewhat the same, but key differences lodged in there too.

The Sword only heard a step alteration, glancing back over his shoulder with an arch to his brow, watching, scrutinizing, before leaving the man to study the seam. Pausing momentarily, he scratched the top of Belial’s head, rewarding the young peryton with his efforts of staying close by instead of hastening off once more. “I would not,” for in guild standpoints, the more they expanded their roots, the better suited the rest of them would be. More information, more insight, more experiences, more opportunities. At the acceptance, he gave a brief nod. “I can have some copies of our journals sent your way.”
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Both expecting the question and not -  because a lot of people tend to ask him about the transition between races - Fox offers Deimos a small smile. "In some ways yes," he murmurs. "It is very overwhelming, being able to feel after so long. To be able to taste, to smell, to need food and drink and sleep the way you once did..." He shakes his head. "I don't remember my first season after the change too well, but I imagine it was very pleasant."

Laughing at the memory of himself, he rubs at the back of his neck with his free hand, finding himself unexpectedly touched at the other man's easy acceptance. After so long being ostracised, this is something of a surprise. "That would be great, if you wouldn't mind. You can send them to the temple and just address them to me - Fox Sinclair," he says. "Also, while we're here, do you mind if I collect some of this?" He nods at the obsidian. "It can be useful, but in the Grounds most obsidian is over by the Spire."

And for obvious reasons he doesn't really want to visit that part of the area.
fox
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
The Warden had no comparison; save for perhaps his alterations into Attuned proportions, or gaining multiple companions. He’d never been without his own senses, but simply gained access to more; an avaricious gleam in the back of his mind. Predacious antics. Zuriel and Belial inclusions. Souls shared, rather than some factions muted. He presumed Fox had made the right decision for himself, much like Kiada, it was either linger on as an Ascended with no means of support, or veer towards the primordial semblances. Other notions and curiosities continued, and since the other seemed willing to put up with them, he persisted, though far lighter in his intrigue. “Did you acquire a shift as well?”

Deimos had once attempted to not ostracize any of the Ascended; but with the war, sides drawn, and actions taken, he’d had little choice in the manner. Kiada had been given as much as he could offer, and the efforts upon the Draig had been in their own scale and legion. He wouldn’t treat the Ancient as enemies or adversaries unless they gave him a reason to do so. Confirming the notions of letters and journals sent with another nod, his head tilted vaguely at the other action. “Is it for the festival?” One upcoming that he would likely be wary and apprehensive of again, due to past circumstances. “I do not mind.” He might snag some for himself later on; though he gave a wrinkle of his nose and a furrowed brow at the depiction of the Spire. “Understandable.” Maybe one day the damned tower would just fall down.
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
With permission given, Fox turns his attention to the seam of obsidian. He has no mining tools with him, but there's a bit of sharp rock littering the tunnel floor, and he's able to chip off a few bits of jet black without too much trouble. "Ah, the blood moon festival?" he asks. "I had heard something like that was going on. I hadn't even decided if I would attend, to be honest." He supposes he should, though. He doesn't get out much as it is.

Collecting his shards of obsidian, Fox carefully folds them in a bit of fabric and slips them into the bag he's carrying over his shoulder. "Ah, yes," he says of the shift, still feeling strange about having one despite it being wholly his own for over a year. "A fyrhund," he explains. "You said you were a hybrid, right? Does that mean you have shifts as well?"
fox
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Blood moon festival gave him more of an apprehensive edge; even when curiosity and intrigue melded together. Most of the time he ended up going to these sorts of occasions despite rudimentary inclinations and experiences; often telling himself he could at least aid if anything went awry again. In some portions, he even enjoyed them – if permitted to relax into the fold. He wasn’t going to place all of his wariness upon someone else though, especially a stranger. “May not be terrible,” he offered with a shrug of his shoulders.

Remembering the location of the obsidian for another day, he persisted in his wandering, glancing back down at the sketch of the darkling every so often. The notions of fyrhund shifts made him smirk though, very similar to his own hellhound molding. “Quite a few.” Brows furrowing, but only in thought, experiences drew together again, along the low rumbles of his tones. “Do you have a bond with one another to communicate?” He and Kiada hadn’t been able to do so via Attuned measures, but maybe that was because of primordial ventures and constituents.
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
"May not," Fox agrees with a crooked smile, obviously of a similar mindset to Deimos but with none of the additional baggage that comes from experience. It may not be terrible - but it may be fucking horrific, and he wouldn't know either way unless he attended. "Might see you there, if we both end up going." Aw, a playdate, Fox? Look at you, being a people.

To hear that the other man has more than one shift to his name and nature does briefly give the hunter pause, though his footsteps continue echoing throughout the tunnels after the Sword. He tries to place the name Deimos, sure he's heard it before, but despite being something of a household name (such is the life of those who went to the Cordillera), Fox doesn't want to assume.

"Hm? Oh, no. I suppose that's what makes us different to Attuned," he explains. "We have no bond for communication, and we don't have the ability to partially shift." Which could be considered a blessing, given that it's enough trouble walking around looking the way he does now.
fox
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
“Sure. You may see some of the guild members there too.” Which would give more of an opportunity to extend similar olive branches, considering how most of them lived, breathed, and worked in Halo. Ignorant of how the festival was due to operate, he figured they could use it for other means and purposes.

Equally unaware, and possibly indifferent, to his name being batted around from land to land, his strides kept sweeping around corners, perhaps intending to sneak upon a supposed darkling. But given their footsteps and conversations, it was unlikely to happen, so he merely adjusted to learning more about Ancients, rather than monsters. It was as he’d supposed with Kiada and himself hunting; no means to converse in such natures. Maybe because they had come before Attuned, as the racial title might suggest, as if they were the first to test out the stretch of gods’ blessings. His curiosity persisted though, pondering over parallels. “Can you eventually gain other shifts too?”
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
"That would be nice," Fox says, somewhat lamely, though the sentiment behind it is all too real. Meeting others was one thing, but being able to meet other hunters is something he never thought he'd experience again. Of course there had been Tal with the allogator (unbeknownst to Fox, also a member of said guild) but that was largely the exception and not the rule.

Following in comfortable silence after Deimos and unfortunately knowing not the least bit about darklings to be able to help him on his search, he's more than happy to answer any questions to the best of his ability. "I don't know," he confesses about the other shifts, a frown furrowing his brow. "I wasn't even expecting to be able to shift into one creature, so if this is it, I'd be happy with it. If I ever have cause to try to speak to Dygra, maybe I'll ask."
fox
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Rare it would be for Deimos to encourage others to meet, but the Sword had adjusted from his primordial and primitive lifestyle of reclusive aloofness years before – to now a forced and resigned measure of gathering amidst his people every day. Often, he even found himself enjoying his close-knit collection of friends, family, and loved ones; but he would always leave it up to others whether the sentiment was the same for them.

As far as a growing assemblage of shifts, perhaps it was fair that Fox, or many others, simply didn’t know. Maybe it was too fresh and too new to be understood, despite all the standards of what might’ve defined ‘ancient’. Perhaps there weren’t many remaining from days before, or beyond, and therefore, the information not as available. His brow furrowed briefly, the curiosity continuing in its own conspiring notions, and the way Fox worded things made him wonder about the goddess’s connections. Predisposed to understanding the Voice needing her brethren to come to her, it seemed intriguing that Dygra would be amidst the Old Gods in her approach. “You do not have to meet with her often?”
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
"Mm?" Having been thinking about what other kinds of animals he might like to be able to shift into one day given the choice, Fox brings himself back to their current conversation with a mental shake. "What for? Do you have to meet with your gods often?" he wonders, before putting two and two together and shaking his head. "Oh - you mean like the Voice. No, Dygra isn't like that. We don't need to get anything from her." Not that he's aware of, anyway.

Though perhaps that in itself is a reason to visit one of her shrines and find out if there's anything she does need from her children. "I haven't been an Ancient for very long," he continues, "so I imagine someone more experienced might know more." If he were a more modern man, Fox might have described the Ancients as a sort of spicy Attuned. Alas, he isn't.

"Sorry, by the way," he adds. "I assumed you had gods that you followed, and that might not necessarily be true."
fox
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
He waited, patient and obliging, as Fox calculated through the inquiry. Deimos hadn’t meant to make it confusing, but sometimes his pointed remarks still came across as vague inclinations, when not surrounded and accompanied by the thoughts constantly machinating through his mind – at least, out loud. That Dyrgra wasn’t like the Voice, at least in the ways of tying her believers so strongly to her that they’d die if without her presence, was comforting. One less worry and trepidation centered squarely on Kiada, at least. “No dependency then,” confirming with a nod. A relief he wouldn’t put into words, but slowly arched along his ribcage.

Fox’s statements gave him a brief pause though, and maybe he was asking too much. “My apologies,” he persisted with a tilt of his head, before studying the darkling picture again.

As for the other subject, he arched his brow. “It is all right.” Given his status, race, and who he was, the assumption had been correct. “I am loyal to Safrin.”
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
"None that I know of. Other dependencies, but not one linked to gods and goddesses." Because hey, who doesn't love ramming their conversation from pleasant and into violence and bloodlust? As for the apology, Fox merely shakes his head as if to tell Deimos not to worry about it. "It's not very often I get to chat with anyone, so even if I don't know the answer, it doesn't bother me," he admits.

Safrin, though, piques his interest, the hunter tilting his head and checking around a darkened corner before continuing on his way with Deimos. "Even before I Ascended, I heard she could be quite a... mercurial sort," he hazards with a weak smile. "But that she treated her loyal followers like royalty. Is that your experience?"
fox
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The Sword could probably surmise the circumstances on his own, given some of the information given to him from Kiada – but he’d been much more tied up in the notions that she was alive, no longer dependent upon the Voice, and they could return to decent terms again. Instead, he didn’t give way to presumptions – a lesson hard fought sometimes. “What do you mean?”

Marching along, long strides carrying him throughout the caverns as if he’d meandered through many times (he had, in some part, given the multitudes of ventures conspired here), his head tilted back towards Fox at the inquiries of Safrin. Not wholly unexpected, he permitted a nod and a vague smile. “An apt way to put it,” mercurial, capricious, prone to volatility, but keenly rewarding to her subjects. “Yes. She holds allegiance and faithfulness in high regard.” Eyes lifting back towards the cavern walls, he persisted. “She did not hesitate to heal us after the war,” uncertain if he could say the same for followers of others. “And has given me sound advice often. Attuned me as well.”