nobody can hear you
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
It was kind of him to offer, and her squeal of delight was clear even in mind-speech. Thank you! she exclaimed. I would love to see what you have.

As they descended, Soh packed her journal and pencil back into her bag; when the landed, she was quick to dismount, backing away to offer him space in which to shift, turning to survey the variety of flowers that were just that much more beautiful up close. When he spoke again in his human voice, Soh was crouching by a particularly alluring flower, her fingers just barely brushing the petals as she looked it over.

Alliances between gods and Ascendeds were foreign to Soh, who had grown up so sheltered with regard to the world beyond the barrier. Even after the barrier fell, she remained in the Grounds with her guardian, who had kept the worst of the world from her. So it was that, upon emerging from her childhood homeland, she had been completely out of touch with the goings-on of Caido. Still, she managed to follow the convoluted thread of Sunjata's story, and she nodded when he glanced back towards her. "You were between a rock and a hard place," she murmured. If it was her, she was certain that she would've felt the same: indebted to the god who had helped her, but desperate to save the person she loved most.
I've been waiting for your touch to bring me home
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
temporary fleeting thrills, keep me bruised and make me ill
my skin has lavender tones
With the squeal of delight is heard, it does make such a mark that Sunjata already has a few in mind that she might appreciate. As it stands, however, they’ve landed and he’s shifted back into himself, towering above the large flowering fields of Mourn as he explains part of his story. He doesn’t know how sheltered she was, how hidden she had been from the goings on of the world – nevermind the fact that she was from the Grounds, a place Sunjata had spent a majority of his life here on Caido. A place he’d even ruled, for a short amount of time.

He was the one that created the VlamVloed, after all.

She tells him that he was between a rock and a hard place and he nods a quiet agreement, unsure how much information she wished to get, but now that the gates were open he couldn’t help but to flood it if only it showed how much he’d suffered under his constant ability to not think things through. A warning, in a sense. “I was.” He rumbles quietly, before he picks up the thread again, gaze peering up to the sky as the clouds float by, as if he can see the stars beyond it. “I had a daughter with Safrin. A deal we struck to try and protect my husband. Only he’d become a demigod to the Voice in that time, so there was nothing to be done anyway. And in my hopes to try and save him, I only ended up becoming more of a spy for her than anything.” The tattoo on his chest she’d etched into him had moved the second Hotaru had sunk her blade into his leg for his betrayal, had healed him up before returning back to the center of his chest.

Eventually I ended up going to see Frey to ask for an item when they offered me the chance to make the refuge to help Ascended as well as the Old Gods followers. I agreed, became their demigod, and they had to burn Safrin out of me.” It had taken what felt like to Sunjata weeks to get her out of him, when everyone else had only shared a night. A night that was starless, and from what Isla had told him, had many in the Grounds thinking it was an early LongNight, spent in the Temple in the Grounds praying to try and prove that it wasn’t.

He heaves a soft sigh, letting the slightly amused smile bloom on his face, even if his subject matter wasn’t smile worthy – it was the past, these days. “Then, Ronin forced me to go and apologize to Safrin for betraying her. But I… Didn’t apologize. And she nearly killed me.Did actually kill him if it weren’t for Ronin’s healing. He’d prayed for Frey to help him as he felt the world grow colder, only nobody had come. Nobody except for the very man that had brought him to that demise.
the flood
tell me i'm a loaded gun, tie me up and come undone
i can cover it up, i can cover it up
totally sniped from odd ilu
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Sohalia
Not thinking things through was a trait that they shared, unbeknownst to Soh. She had a habit of looking before she leaped, as evidenced by her run in with the Ceffyl Dwr that had nearly killed her in the Oerwoud. Since then, she'd tried to educate herself before going to a new land, but it was difficult; she tended to get overeager and antsy, and then she'd wander out before she was really ready to do so. It was not, perhaps, the same as Sunjata's tendencies, but it was something that she should probably work on, all the same.

She listened with rapt attention to Sunjata's story, now invested in its details and outcomes. While she gazed at her flower, he relayed a story of heartbreak and betrayal, one that did indeed serve as a warning - a warning away from Safrin, anyway, and perhaps as a warning to be very careful in choosing a deity to work with. It seemed like that choice would usually be for life.

When Sunjata paused, Soh wasn't sure what to say, stunned by the weight of what had happened to him throughout his life. She swallowed hard against the lump in her throat as she glanced toward him. "I'm sorry," she said finally, her voice full of compassion. "That... that's a lot."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
One would think that after everything had started to fall apart that he might actually spend more time thinking things through. After all, Sohalia has. Even if she blunders sometimes due to her own impatience or other factors, all it took was one terrible, harrowing incident and she’d started to. Sunjata? Stubborn and bull-headed, he tends to be the type to try the same exact things over and over and over again, praying for a different outcome.

An outcome that rarely ever comes.

He realizes too late that the floodgates are open, even if his attuned bond is closed off sharply on his side, keeping his emotions to himself. He doesn’t expect her apology – too used to everyone reminding him that it was a result of his own choices, too used to accepting the blame in part for things that could have been done differently. He wants to tell her that it’s okay, but it isn’t. So he settles for a soft nod, taking a few steps away from her into the thicker part of the flowers, into blooming blue blossoms intermixed with red poppies. “It is.” He agrees, before he continues. “Ronin revived me, though. And after that, I managed to get the refuge up as a middleman between Frey and the Voice.” It had done a lot of good, the refuge, but it hadn’t done what he wanted it to.

But Nate couldn’t stay in it, forced to go fight in the war.” And he never came home.

He takes a moment to pluck some of the flowers from Mourn, deciding that a few of the blue ones with the white daisies might be something that could brighten the halls of the House of Midnight. “Which, you know how that ended, I am sure.
the flood
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
"I'm sorry," she said again, this time in a whisper, knowing that it did nothing to soothe the pain of his past. As she stood from her flower and turned to face him fully, she wondered if it would be inappropriate of her to offer a hug. That had helped her, back when Jude helped her to grieve for her beloved guardian and mentor. In the end, though, she decided that she didn't know him well enough for that, and simply sent a rush of compassion down the bond, a wish that she could offer better comfort while knowing that she couldn't.

It suddenly seemed fitting, that they were in a place known as Mourn, and for so beautiful a landscape, for a moment it felt almost suffocating, a facade to hide something more sinister. "For what it's worth," she said as she turned back to the flowers, staring out unseeing over the myriad colors and shapes, "I'm glad you were revived." She was sure it was a silly thing to say - nothing could heal the loss of a loved one, no matter how well-intentioned - but she said it all the same.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The apologies are appreciated, but she’s right in the fact that it does little these days. It doesn’t help, but it doesn’t hurt to hear it either, and despite her whisper – one of the gold earrings that sits in his ear helps him hear it regardless, he does open up the attuned bond to send a soft little pang of appreciation down it, to make sure she knew that he did hear the sorrys that left her lips.

What he doesn’t expect, however, as he’s plucking the flowers from their home, is the comment that she’s glad he was revived, with all the compassion she can offer through the attuned bond. It’s enough of a little surprise that he drops one of the flowers in amongst the rest, reaching over to pick it back up. “Thanks, Sohalia.” He says, a little dumbly, as if it wasn’t exactly what he was expecting to hear.

So he plucks a singular purple flower, returning over toward her to hand it to her, wondering if she might want to press that particular flower to keep it in her records. “When you do decide which god to follow, just… Be cautious, alright? Don’t agree outright to anything until you know if it’s what you want.” That was the moral of the story, at least.
the flood
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
The burst of appreciation through the bond made her feel slightly better, as though her hollow words held more meaning than she had originally assigned them. It helped her to relax a little, as she stared out amongst the flowers, mentally cataloguing the various shades and shapes that leapt out at her from the surrounding meadows. She would have to come back to Mourn on another day to simply sit and enjoy; it was truly beautiful, despite its name and the tone of the conversation being had amidst its floral landscape.

When Sunjata presented her with a singular purple flower, Soh looked up at him with surprise before gently taking it from his fingers. It was a lovely bloom, and she twirled in between her fingers thoughtfully. "You know," she said hesitantly, peering up at Sunjata with a soft smile, "My friends call me Soh." And in her mind, they were friends. Why else would he want to share such private details with her? It was a cautionary tale, sure, but why bother, if he didn't care at least a little?

Soh opened her journal to a fresh page in the middle and gently placed the purple flower between the pages, closing the journal carefully to preserve the integrity of the bloom. This particular flower was one that she'd treasure, as a memory and as a reminder of the lesson that Sunjata had offered her. "I will," she said solemnly. "I'll be careful." Maybe there wasn't a god she would follow; no one said she had to choose any of them.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
His shadow casts over her momentarily as he offers her the flower, his hands dropping to his sides as she twirls the purple bloom between her fingers and his steel gaze flickers up to catch her gaze and the soft smile that graces her face that only reflects on his own after a few moments. “Soh, then.” He rumbles softly, his voice less accented out in the open from the Attuned bond, a little bit more awareness of trying to make it more understandable. “Likewise, my friends call me Jata.” He flashes her a wink before he steps away. His friends were fewer and fewer these days, but if she considered him a friend he wanted her to have the option of a nickname as well.

He had two nicknames, Jata for the majority, and Sunny for those closest to him – but the latter a nickname that he hasn’t dared let anyone use since the end of the war, as if it might erase the good memories associated with it. It had been the nickname his mother had given him, after all, before she was killed.

He glances back toward her as she presses the bloom in between the pages of her journal and takes his warning as advice, and there’s a fair amount of relief that blooms within the weight of his shoulders as she tells him she’ll be careful. “So, do you want to head back or did you have another spot in mind?” He asks, clasping his hands together as he peers out over the rolling fields of flowers once more, before casting a glance over his shoulder back toward her.
the flood
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
"Jata it is," she agreed, flashing him a brilliant smile. Unlike Sunjata, Soh had more friends than she knew what to do with, but she was always pleased to have one more. It wasn't even from a perspective of wanting to know people as potential clients for her maps or as people who would owe her a favor; it was simply because she loved people, imperfections and all.

The sun was beginning to sink in the sky, casting shadows from their forms over the flowers nearby. It had been an overall productive day for Soh. She was beyond happy with the progress of her King's End map, which she'd been able to draw much quicker thanks to Sunjata's help. "I think I'm going to have to give you a cut of these map sales," she giggled. "I never would have gotten so much done so quickly on my own."

She pulled a leather cord from her bag and wrapped it tightly around her journal, determined to keep the pages pressed tightly together to keep the flower in perfect condition. When she got home, she'd have to find somewhere nice to put it. She thought it would look lovely in a frame, either in the shop or in her apartment above it, but that was a consideration for a different day. For now, she smiled at Sunjata and said, "Let's head back. If you have the time, I can buy you dinner as thanks!"

With that settled, Soh tucked her notebook away and shifted, following Sunjata back to the Refuge on feathered wings.

-FIN-