nobody can hear you
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
Sohalia was more than happy to stand and take a few steps back, though it hardly seemed necessary as Sunjata hopped off the edge to gain even more space. Whatever she had been expecting of a dragon shift, the sheer size of it was certainly a surprise. The only dragons she'd seen were the smaller companion variety, and for a moment, she simply stood and watched in awe. See? Plenty of space, rumbled down the bond, and Soh laughed with delight. Sunjata had been right, of course, and some of her earlier concerns were alleviated by that alone.

It still seemed rather intimate to be accepting a ride from someone that she'd really only seen twice, but the allure of being able to fly and map at the same time overruled any lingering awkwardness that she felt. So she stepped forward, carefully clambered aboard, and pulled her bag to a space in front of her, where her journal and pencils would be easily accessible. "Where to next?" she asked, eagerness clear through the bond. She'd happily go wherever Sunjata recommended, especially now that she could add to her journal as they flew.
I've been waiting for your touch to bring me home
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
sleep don't visit, so i choke on sun // and the days blur into one
Perhaps his gauge of intimacy has been broken over the years, too much of a reputation as well as too close to that side of Frey that he still thinks nothing of it as she climbs onto his back and situates herself between a few of his larger plate like scales. This close, she could see the horns that curl around his head and the large wings that spread and would know where his partial shift had come from during the encounter earlier.

Regardless, he takes off in a random direction from the Steps, offering a bit of contentedness through the bond toward her. I was thinking of Mourn. He offers, waiting for her agreement or disagreement, offering a secondary option in the interim. Or we could go to the Barrows. Either way, it would be up to her to decide, he’s simply heading blankly in their direction.
and the backs of my eyes hum with things i've never done
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Sohalia
Well, this was definitely turning out to be an interesting day. She hadn't set out this morning to ride an actual dragon, but here she was. On dragonback. Flying over King's End. No big deal.

It suddenly made sense, the partial shift during their earlier encounter, and she nearly chuckled to herself at the thought of this magnificent form having appeared inside the brothel - if it would even have fit!

Mourn is good, she agreed silently, choosing to speak through the bond rather than shouting over to be heard over the wind. As they flew, she pulled out her journal and held the pages as flat as she could manage, jotting down notes as they passed over various landscape features. It wasn't quite as neat and precise as it might have been were she on, say, a skyship, but it was a great deal better than trying to memorize the topography and record it later.

May I ask where a dragon shift comes from? she asked, curiosity spiking through the bond. She'd never seen or heard of such a unique shift before.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Little would Sohalia know that Sunjata may or may not be intending on adding a nest of sorts atop the House of Midnight precisely to sit there and become some kind of gargoyle off and on. For now, though, everyone knows his name and shifts enough that he simply just has to display the bits and pieces and they get the gist. They either clean up their act or leave. As evidenced earlier.

She agrees with his initial thought and Sunjata lightly banks to the side, careful to not jostle her as she works, going slow yet not too slow – a middle ground for her to be able to sketch out every feature to where she could fill in the details at a later date when the wind wasn’t tearing through them. It has a majority of his focus that when she asks him with a pang of curiosity where his dragon shift comes from, Sunjata can’t help but to send back a glimmer of surprise again, and he’s silent for a long while as he tries to figure out when he’d received it. I think it was a gift from Safrin, back when I was in her good graces. There’s a little blip of frustration and hint of anger that seeps through before he clears it up and continues on the trek toward the blooming fields of Mourn.

There are large dragons in the Cordillera, however. I imagine it’s based off of some of those, but I am not entirely sure. He’s never been.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Soh really wasn't trying to be particularly surprising; her simple innocence and lack of general knowledge about Sunjata just resulted in her asking questions that seemed innocuous enough but that led to some unexpected results. So when she felt his momentary surprise through the bond before it disappeared behind a wall that she was beginning to suspect was intentional, she winced internally, not having realized that perhaps her simple question would have a not-so-simple answer.

The revelation that one could fall out of grace with the gods should not have come as a surprise to Soh, given that what the gods give, the gods could take away and all that, but it was her turn now to have her surprise (and a healthy dose of curiosity) color the bond. Still, something told her that perhaps this wasn't the time to ask more questions, and she let the comment go as though releasing it upon the breeze.

She focused instead on her drawings and Sunjata's next statement. How wonderful would they be to see, if it weren't so dangerous, she said with a mental sigh. As someone who aimed to explore every inch of Caido, it frustrated her to no end that all signs pointed to not visiting the Cordillera.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
If she were to ask, he wouldn’t mind. It’s a long story, but one that Sunjata doesn’t harbor any worries of sharing. Part of it was common knowledge for everyone before the war – after all, he was the reason Safrin stole the stars from the sky the night he’d changed his allegiance. It purely depended on whether or not she had the time and wished to hear how much hatred the Flood harbors for the goddess in the sky and the drama entangled in all of it.

How he’d burned to get her out of him.

Ironically, I’ve always had a healthy fear of dragons. Ever since that white dragon in Halo had killed his friends upon a botched quest he’d set out on – a thing he still entirely blames himself for. But that’s neither here nor there and Sunjata pushes those regrets further from his mind. They are quite dangerous, though. He rumbles through the bond as the pinpricks of the fields can be seen from this high up of Mourn.
SUNJATA
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Honestly, it would do Soh good to hear about Safrin in a different light (and it would satisfy a leveling requirement so), but she was still too averse to causing any pain that she was afraid to ask, assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that to do so would be to ask Sunjata to relive something that he might rather not. If he was to tell her, perhaps she would remember something about the stars being stolen from the sky, even if she'd spent most of her life sheltered in the Grounds. That seemed like the kind of thing that one would remember.

To hear that Sunjata was afraid of, well, anything came as a surprise to Soh, and she tilted her head to one side as her hand stilled on her journal. She supposed that a healthy fear would make sense, given that they were dangerous creatures, but, let's be honest, curiosity had always been more at the forefront for Soh than self-preservation. Sure, but if they look anything like you do, they're probably magnificent, she said without thinking, and promptly turned bright red. I mean - it's a wonderful shift, and I bet real dragons are breathtaking - not that you're breathtaking, just that, you know, dragons - Burning with embarrassment that was no doubt felt through the bond, Soh promptly stopped thinking. It was probably better than continuing to ramble.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata doesn’t mind the idea of talking about Safrin – as far as he’s concerned he could shit talk the goddess until he ran out of breath and then continue to do so mentally through the Attuned bond if he lost his chance to speak. But that’s neither here nor there at the moment, given that the conversation has shifted toward the dragons of the Draig and Sunjata’s own inner struggles with dragons in his life in Caido.

Because he’d never seen a dragon before – nothing like this existed in Korofi. There was no magic or shape shifting, just people and technology, blood and buildings, and a terrible amount of rain and monsters that walked on two feet and tried their best to break everyone’s spirits down into nothing to control them better. His father comes to mind as the biggest one – the reason for the scar that dances up the side of his cheek, a scar that can be seen on this shift as well, in the pale craggily look that dances up the maw of the black scales and plates.

He can’t help the rumble of a laugh that drifts down the bond when she speaks, sensing the embarrassment of what she says. It it a magnificent shift. But it also affects me in the fact that I tend to be a hoarder these days. He wonders if with her shift she’s noticed any attitude changes – or if its simply because he has so many these days that try to balance the predator and prey aspect out, how some days it swings harder on either way, an ever revolving pendulum. How did you attune, if I can ask? He doesn’t want to pry, but his curiosity get the better of him as he banks in slow circles above Mourn so that she can get down the main spots.
SUNJATA
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Fortunately for Sohalia, her insertion of her foot into her mouth seemed only to amuse Sunjata, who rumbled a laugh through the bond. Still flushed with embarrassment, she gazed at the landscape below as he spoke. Still, her curiosity soon got the better of her mortification. That's fascinating, she said. What kind of things do you find yourself hoarding? A personal question, perhaps, but one that slipped free before she could consider it more closely.

In the height of Longheat, the landscape below was flush with color from flowers dotting the hills, and Soh jotted down the most notable landscape features as Sunjata slowly banked around the area. Circling made it harder to get the directions correct, but Sohalia was fortunately experienced enough by now at her mapmaking that she managed to get things down in a mostly accurate way, turning her notebook in her hands to align with the land below as she went.

She was so caught up in her cartography that Sunjata's question took her by surprise. It had been ages since she'd Attuned, and she'd so rarely shared the story that it was almost as if it were a figment of her imagination. I was quite young, she said thoughtfully. It was right after my parents died, I think. I went to a shrine to Mort to pray for them. I don't remember exactly what I said, or what I asked for, but after that... She gave a mental shrug. I think I was just fortunate. From what I understand, Mort is very compassionate. Perhaps he simply sensed that I was hurting. I'm not really sure.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The list of his hoard is easy to scratch off when she asks and he continues to bank lightly. Books, mostly. Though I do favor the shinier things as well. I prefer to keep those on my person. The books, however, he’s content to let it sit in bookshelves upon bookshelves, though most of his collection were hidden from sight, Sohalia may remember the variety of them that sat on his desk when he’d invited her up into his half room half study.

He doesn’t mean to surprise her with his question, but his curiosity often gets the better of him. Because for him, he’d only simply fallen into the world of Caido from his own world of technology and advancement, trying to figure out just where to go next in this strange place. And he’d attuned, once he’d figured out just how it differed from being Ascended. He wonders if things might have changed had he forgone the Attunement to begin with, but that’s a thought for late at night when the nightmares continued to keep him awake.

So he listens to her, pulsing a beat of understanding through the bond. I have heard the same, though I haven’t ever met him. He offers softly. I didn’t know to ask for a specific deity when I attuned. I had thought I was asking Frey when Safrin came to me instead. He offers with his own version of a mental shrug. She was… Compassionate in some instances. Not for what I wanted her to be, though. Perhaps a full circle of his previous commentary, however, opening that door for Sohalia to ask and pry if she wished to.
SUNJATA
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Hoarding books was something that Soh could relate to, and she her smile rippled through the bond. Of all the things you could hoard, I think books are probably the best, she told him. She herself was an avid reader, slowly building up her own collection, although most of the texts she currently read were on loan from the Collegium or the Archives. What kinds of books do you like?

Her Attunement is another matter entirely; she'd been told before that it was strange for Mort to have Attuned her, but she was so young at the time that it had hardly seemed to matter. For the most part, it was easy to forget that she hadn't been born this way. Perhaps that was why she didn't notice any habits or preferences that seemed to come from her shift. Perhaps it had simply been a part of her for so long that nothing about it felt foreign anymore.

That one could mistakenly call the wrong god stood out to her from Sunjata's commentary; if she was ever to go before a deity, she rather thought she'd want to know it was the one she intended. But then, perhaps she'd simply be happy for one to answer her call at all. You... don't seem to care for Safrin, she said, the question in the tone of her voice. Having heard nothing but good about all of the heralds, it was strange to find someone who seemed to dislike one of them.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Of that, they’re in agreement. Books were one of the better choices – far more useful than the typical hoards dragons held of gold and treasure. That’s not to say he doesn’t have any trinkets lying around – he does, but none that seemed to outweigh the number of books in his collection. As for what types? History, mostly. A lot of them I got before the war. When he’d been trying to find a way to stop it. But that time has passed, and he still holds onto those books like it might have been able to change something about the world. Or maybe, he’s simply clinging to the past.

Talk of Safrin, however, has the dragon humming an agreement through the bond as Sohalia’s question reverberates down the bond toward him. Mm, can’t say that I do. He admits, not wanting to potentially ruin the thoughts his newfound friend might have for the gods, but perhaps it might save her some heartbreak later on. I find her manipulative and cruel. Stark contrasts to the easy going words many shared of the beautiful starry goddess, and Sunjata remembers himself a split second after sharing that tidbit.

He starts to lower himself from the height, seeking out the fields of Mourn to land in, if only so that he doesn’t need to barrage her with his emotions through the attuned bond while they speak. Hopefully she won’t mind. I was her Dagger for a few years. A blade to be wielded however she saw fit, and she promptly struck it through his heart time and time again. But the fact that he stands here now as Frey’s demigod, seems to highly suggest a change in loyalties. Things were good at first, until I let her get too close.
SUNJATA
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Histories were right up Soh's alley, and her delight was clear. Oh, I love histories! Anything non-fiction, really. Not that there's anything wrong with fiction. I just like to learn about the world, she said, warmth coloring her tone as she chattered. She'd been reading a lot of geography books lately, herself, and some primers on mapmaking to brush up on her skills. It was really just a foundational part of her being, her love of learning and knowledge. Sometimes she wondered if she'd gone into the wrong career. She could happily see herself as a teacher or a researcher instead of a cartographer.

But then she wouldn't get to travel as much, and honestly, she would really miss it. So maybe she'd made the right choice after all.

They began to descend, which worked perfectly fine for Soh; she'd gotten most of what she needed from this area, so she was content now to get an up-close-and-personal look at Mourn. It looked so colorful from above, and she imagined that it must be quite nice up close. Sunjata's dislike of Safrin took her aback a little as they lowered toward the ground. She tilted her head to one side as she considered his words, and then what she should say in response. I never really thought about getting too close to one of them, she admitted, not entirely sure what that meant. I thought that we just asked them for help, and they asked us to do things for them in return.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
temporary fleeting thrills, keep me bruised and make me ill
my skin has lavender tones
Her appreciation radiates through the bond as he starts to descend, and there’s a slight pulse of equal appreciation for the types of books that she enjoyed. I’m an Outlander, so I wanted to learn the most I could about Caido. He offers, as if it gives a better understanding of why he’d go strictly for history rather than things like geography or crafting and the like. I could be inclined to share a part of my hoard if there’s something you wished to learn. A small offering, before the conversation drifts toward unpleasantries.

It's a smooth landing amongst the flowers in Mourn and he flattens his wings to offer her a chance to slide off his back once she’s gotten her tools back into her bag. It usually works like that. He offers, perhaps a hint unhelpfully, waiting until she’s settled before he shifts back into himself to block out that Attuned bond that much more succinctly. “I was… Optimistic that if I aligned myself close enough to her that I could save the people I cared about.” He pauses, brushing some pollen off of his shirt, before he looks out over the bustling fields of flowers. “But I was married to an Ascended before the war and Safrin loathed him as she did any ascended, let alone one that had captured her follower’s heart. So it became an awkward dance, because I felt like I owed her for attuning me and all the help and healing she’d given me over the years, but I was terrified to upset her and receive her ire if she asked me to do something that I thought might indirectly harm my husband as the war ramped up.” A soft casual shrug, but he does glance back to Sohalia to see if she’s following his meaning.

It isn’t meant to be a scare tactic, but something to keep in mind to be wise of when dealing with Safrin, if ever she chose to do so.
the flood
tell me i'm a loaded gun, tie me up and come undone
i can cover it up, i can cover it up
totally sniped from odd ilu