Unnameable Land
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Hotaru
I'll be yours until the sun no longer shines
until the poets run out of rhyme
The Refuge is bustling when she arrives. Summer is winding down and there is much to do in preparation for autumn she is sure. It makes it easier to move unnoticed through the streets, the hem of her dress tickling the skin of her legs as the light breeze provides a bit of relief to those working outside.

Given the large nature of the business, the House of Midnight is easy enough to spot. From the outside, it is far more akin to a home than a brothel with its dark wood and multiple floors, but it has not lost its approachability. Mysterious, perhaps, but still welcoming. She is pleased to see security and a receptionist the moment she arrives, and the receptionist is perfectly polite, neatly avoiding any assumptions as Hotaru approaches the desk and asks for Sunjata.

She considers investigating the bar she can see deeper within, but since she's not much of a drinker she merely stands with her hands clasped behind her back, taking it all in and wandering around the first floor as she awaits her guide.
until the mountains crumble into the sea
In other words, until eternity
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
temporary fleeting thrills, keep me bruised and make me ill
my skin has lavender tones
He notices the moment she arrives, a whirlwind of blonde of course, but with her brings a curious eye of those within the establishment. It isn’t long for someone to rush up to him, giving him a heads up that someone is there for him – and relief spreads through semi tense shoulders when he realizes who it is that has come seeking him out.

It doesn’t take him that much longer to arrive at the entrance, passing by the desk with ease as he flashes her a smile, quite possibly the brightest smile anyone in this place has seen out of him. A hand immediately extends to her, to take and place around his arm as if it were second nature. “You made it.” He rumbles in that welcoming, quietly excited tone, before turning toward the rest of the brothel. “Welcome to the House of Midnight.

In a distinct fashion of his own, the brothel is warm and inviting yet mysterious all the same, helped out by the aesthetic choices around the main gathering areas of the brothel. The rooms themselves, now being completed from Frey’s quest, shift and change accordingly, so he’s decided to focus wholly on adding a unique flare to the rest of the building in the common areas.
the flood
tell me i'm a loaded gun, tie me up and come undone
i can cover it up, i can cover it up
totally sniped from odd ilu
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru
She can tell the others are curious even if the receptionist is the picture of professionalism (Ru is immediately envious of Sunjata’s luck in having found and hired them) and asking for the Flood only makes them even more intrigued. Is she looking to be a worker? A business partner? And then she can hear the ill-concealed gossip start up next; is she a lover? A business rival?

Amidst all of it she can hear the distinctive pattern of Sunjata’s gait as he approaches, as familiar to her as the smile she sees the moment she turns to behold him. As he reaches for her she does the same without a second thought, allowing him to guide her hand into the crook of his elbow and stepping close to his side as she returns his smile with one of her own. “Not too fashionably late I hope,” she quietly laughs, aware of the few but focused eyes on them.

“The atmosphere is wonderful, I definitely prefer it compared to the Halenani.” Not that the Torchline brothel had ever been less than satisfactory in terms of aesthetic, but this is far more Hotaru’s speed. “Do you live here as well?” Much like her with the Academy, they hadn’t exchanged any sort of addresses beyond their businesses. Maybe they were both workaholics then.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Oh, the rumors will only pick up the second that Hotaru greets him as she does – arm in arm, linked together, the way he flashes a beaming smile at her? It’s all juicy gossip from the inside of the House of Midnight and Sunjata’s helpless in stopping it. “You? Never.” He teases her lightly, resting his hand atop her own from where its settled around his scarred forearm. “Everyone else is simply early.

As for the atmosphere of it, he takes it in just as she does, nodding his agreement before his lips twist in smaller mischievous smile, shrugging a tattooed shoulder that isn’t the one connected to the arm she keeps her hand on. “As do I, but I suppose I’m biased.” He hums a soft laugh, before starting to take her through the main floors.

I live in the loft, actually. I haven’t quite expanded to get my office out of my bedroom just yet.” The honesty slips from him with a visible wince, hoping that she doesn’t notice it (knowing she will anyway) as he guides her toward the bar area, with the bartender working away at a few drinks and plenty of optimal seating around.
the flood
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru
Preening like a flattered bird, she shakes her hair back from where some has fallen over her shoulders in a clear, dramatic display of satisfaction. "Precisely," she agrees on a feigned snooty air that is admittedly far too natural on her lips; lips that curl at the edges, not intending to truly hide her amusement.

"You should be biased. It's your creation after all, and it turned out wonderfully. I like how intimate it is." Not as open and airy as the Halenani. Hotaru may desire that in her personal rooms when sex was concerned but the lobby and exterior? Not exactly her speed.

Content to let him guide her, she instead narrows her eyes slightly at him, fond exasperation clear. "Don't tell me that or I will ignore all of our plans to make you finish. I may be addicted to work too but you can't have your office in your bedroom." Gods, this man. His coping mechanisms have always been absolutely terrible but this was simply pitiful. As they approach the bar she hesitates, uncertain whether he intends to order and depart upstairs or sit. Deciding she'll follow his lead, Hotaru meets eyes with the bartender and flashes a comely smile that has him wandering over. She rarely ever drinks, but just one is fine for today. "Bee's Knees for me," she orders simply before raising a brow at the man at her side, idly curious if his tastes had changed and highly doubting they had.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
As she gives him that sly look and her voice airs, Sunjata can’t help the playful grin that blooms on his face, the way her lips twist with her amusement. Sunjata can’t help the soft chuckle, still drawing eyes at how much lighter he seems to be.

He agrees, however, preferring his to the others — he’s never visited Stormbreak’s, but he had indulged at the Halenani. Here, he simply watches over, having yet to participate. Though as he explains his issue with not expanding his office yet, he realizes it may have come off differently, and silently curses at himself internally. “It’s on the wall opposite of my bed!” He says with a hand raised as if it might ward her off, snorting lightly.

He’d show her, but a few of Isla’s things still remain in there and it likely wouldn’t be his best idea. So he doesn’t offer it, instead focusing on the bartender as Hotaru orders her drink — a part of him surprised she’s getting alcohol at all. “The usual.” His favorite, smoked whiskey in a glass, no ice.

It doesn’t take the bartender long to finish their drinks and Sunjata offers him a soft “thanks,” before departing the bar with her still on his arm, guiding her to one of the better seats in the place. “So, anyway, I usually meet with most people here. Until I expand the loft, then it will be more dedicated.” He snorts, flashing her a small crooked smile.
the flood
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru
It's a good thing they don't know her here in these walls, because in Halo she would receive much the same reaction to her easy smile and boisterousness. There is much to be said about history and shared grief creating community between people, even just between two. A space for healing that both of them direly need.

Narrowing her eyes further as if examining whether he is lying - and deciding to let him off the hook and assume he is not - she makes a hmph sound and squeezes his elbow. "Fine, but you're on thin ice. Next time I visit it better be done." A harmless threat meant for humor, but hopefully it would inspire him to complete the change a little faster for his own sake.

He may be surprised she's ordering alcohol but he shouldn't be; with strangers still around them, Hotaru's thoughts are entirely on perception and the illusion of a woman that is not truly her. Such honest elements were meant for the privacy of his company alone. Murmuring her gratitude in turn, she lets him lead her onward, and sits adjacent of him in the small cushy booth they find. Not quite next to him, but not directly across either. It feels symbolically fitting. Crossing her ankles she leans leisurely on the table, taking a small sip of her drink but mostly toying with the moisture on the glass. "Do you meet all of your clients, or just important ones?" Curious how independent the receptionist and bouncer are. "Has it been busier now that the rooms are complete?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Her squeeze to his elbow sparks another snort from him as she threatens him, and all the Flood can do is dip his head, flashing her another charming smile before he speaks. “I promise it will be.” He murmurs, making the quiet vow for her to hear and for her to hear alone.

As for the alcohol, perhaps he’s grown used to seeing her without anyone else around to notice that she doesn’t care much for it – forgetting that to be social one must pretend to be someone else, especially true when it came to the two of them, only lately Sunjata’s mask hasn’t been quite as pristine. Right now, though, he does seem completely different, and he’s sure that his workers will be mentioning it in passing as the current raving gossip, though he has nothing to deny them those claims.

He guides her to the booth, sitting across from her as he glances out the window before his attention returns to her, taking her in with the low light of the House of Midnight and the heady aura it entails, with the sun filtering in through the windows along her golden hair. “Usually anyone that wants to speak with me. Only about books or stocking. Inventory. I’m out a lot of the time retrieving things or just… Watching and making sure everything’s okay.” The bouncers worked wonders, but sometimes even they weren’t as frightening as a man half shifted into a dragon.

It has gotten busier and we’ve had some miscommunication on bookings lately with how things have gone since the upgrade.” Which is another reason why he’s there – to even things out and make it fair for his workers, caring little about a miffed customer or two. “So between making sure everything runs smoothly, I usually have my head in the books of this place.” A quiet way of him saying that he isn’t on the list of available beds here, nor does he participate – even if Frey might think he should otherwise.
the flood
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru
For something so small, the way he concedes sounds like a vow, and with how quiet and serious he is it yanks at something in her chest that isn't quite her heart but something too closely attached. She doesn't reply. For the stability of what they're trying to rebuild, she can't afford to entertain whatever that feeling is.

With the sunlight behind her and the rest of the room nearly smoky with its dark paint and intentionally placed lighting, the gold of the afternoon sun lights up the grey at his temples and the whites of his scars. Maybe it's only because she's equally broken, if not so visibly, but it's an appealing sight. "That sounds like quite a lot for an owner," she points out, taking a small sip of her drink. So either he's using it all as a way to keep himself busy and away from the thoughts in his head, or he needs to loosen his grip and hire a few more people. Hotaru suspects she knows the answer. "Have you considered more help?" If there's any subtle way of deducing whether she's correct it's this.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It does have a tendency of putting things in stark contrast with the backdrop of the House of Midnight, so much so that he finds himself distracted by her pale skin and the gilded hair that seems to fall like molten gold. And as he tells her who all he meets, offering that quiet indication (which who knows, might change given the events that occur after this), it’s with a quiet sigh and a nod, a small smile as he agrees that it was a lot.

And before he can say anything else, her question will grant her exactly the answer she seeks when he winces slightly and nods, flashing her an apologetic smile over the rim of the glass. “I have. It’s just… Nice to have something to focus on.” Something else, which is why when this had been offered to him he’d nearly jumped at the chance to do it. Something to keep the shadows away and keep him from remaining as that hermit in the Refuge, away from everyone and everything, a half shifted demigod creature unwilling to let anyone get close.

I don’t mind it, though.” Because there are people to step in and do it when he’s called away or has somewhere to go that can’t be here all day, every day.
the flood
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru
Though he confirms her suspicions, she realistically cannot judge him for it. Not without being a hypocrite. Now, ordinarily, Hotaru wouldn't let that hold her back - but this is different. He is different. Their grief and pain is far too similar for her to hold it against him, this need for distraction and work. Until this season she'd scarcely stepped foot out of Halo, much less the halls of her Academy.

"I understand," is all she says instead, her smile tinged with a touch of that sorrowful comprehension. There is a reluctance to abandon levity in any way, but the rebuilding of their friendship does not mean pretending everything is okay. They're allowed to be open with one another. But it doesn't mean she can't push through it - stirring her drink idly as her smile turns a bit more wicked, playful even. "Did you have any plans aside from showing me around the main floor, or shall I concoct an agenda on the spot?" Truly she's content to sit and talk until the sun is gone, but poking fun is now back on her list of allowances now that they're friends again and she isn't going to waste a moment of it.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He knows that being honest with her is easier these days than it may have been in the past – and there’s no use in hiding anything anymore either. Who was he inevitably keeping secrets for? Himself? What’s that going to do? Absolutely nothing.

He keeps that softer tinged smile on his face as she murmurs her understanding – not poking at it, because he knows that they both have a similar work ethic when it comes to avoidance of their inner thoughts, but hopefully things would be easier from here on out – having someone to talk to, someone who understands. So much so that when she does start to tease him again and flash him that wickedly playful smile, he hums a rumble of a laugh in response, dragged out of the cold void of his mind.

Well, there isn’t much else. I could show you how the rooms change, if you’re interested in that seeing as you helped make it possible, but aside from that?” He shrugs as if to prove the point. And besides, seeing the rooms were harmless, truthfully. It wasn’t like the room in the Grounds that brought lessened inhibitions and attraction to anyone within the room. These ones simply changed to what you desired most for your intimacy – everything else was just something the patrons brought in with themselves.

Of course, he does leave it up to her, not wanting to pressure her into anything.
the flood
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru
Maybe Alys, Frey, and Isla were all correct. Maybe opening up, repairing burnt bridges, reaching out to those who understand - it really is necessary for healing. Healing they can do together instead of rotting away in isolation. Already the weight feels a little further away when she's near him, and it encourages her to linger in that presence. So when he admits he has little else planned, she jumps on the first thing he offers and stands gracefully, offering him her hand in a hilariously unnecessary move considering their physical differences.

"Let's do it. Only fair I get to see my perfect hideaway after all the work I've done, hm?" With no threat of persuasion or shattered inhibitions, it will merely be a pleasant experience she can share with him at her side. Perhaps even more healing for her to see such a perfectly tailored place given the hangups she'd expressed at the inn in Torchline.

The moment he takes her hand - because these days, she's sure he will when she offers it - Ru pulls him up and walks backward with a smile, ready to be shown around properly.

- Fin <333