five finger discount
For Anju
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
flora

Not expecting a word of Anju's backstory to be such as it was, Flora openly gapes as the other woman begins to speak. Nothing about the soldier spoke of wealth or privilege, and had Flora not known, she'd have bet everything she had that the woman had worked for what she had every step of the way. That didn't mean she hadn't of course, and gods, was Flora doing the thing she hated done to her? Was she presuming things about Anju she had no reason to? 'That's...I would never have expected.' It's an entirely unsatisfying response, but gods it was basically like hearing Anju was royalty.

Shaking herself mentally and feeling both twitterpated and in awe, Flora continues to listen, her fingers resuming their slow movements at least until Anju's hand covers hers.  "But that's just the thing...if you can save everyone, how can I have any hope of saving even one person?" Not that the Doubletake planned to engage in any wars any time soon, but if came down to trusting herself, who was she to believe in her own abilities when they were so much less than someone like Anju's? "I know what you're saying, I just...I don't want naive trust in myself, you know?" And she would sure the soldier would.

Perhaps that's what her offer all the more anticipated because rather than catching Flora off-guard, the Doubletake felt instantly comforted and reassured. The pair didn't need to be attuned for Flora's relief to be as apparent as the shaky smile on her face. "You'd do that? Really?"
what doesn't kill me makes
me want you more
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
oblivion is the name of this abode: and she is there
Oh Flora most certainly is having a taste of her own medicine, but Anju merely winks - something surprisingly smooth for a rather rigid woman - and chuckles slightly. "Precisely. Such is the benefit of being underestimated - or in this case, overestimated." She taps her fingers against Flora's soft skin. "I worked my way from where you are to where I stand. That is how I know you can do it too." A woman of preternaturally strong faith, that belief is now aimed firmly at Flora.

"Your concern over your own naivety is precisely why I think you are not." It implies far too much introspection; likely caused by the part she feels she played in her twin's death. "The only real solution to your fears is growing stronger and wiser. That is precisely why I want to train you." Her relief is apparent, and to see Flora so vulnerable makes something quite protective take root in Anju's heart.

"I will treat you fairly, but I have high expectations. It will not be easy. But I think you are up for the challenge." Trying to get a less shaky smile back on that pretty face, Anju smirks. "Besides, I am clearly not known for my stealth or deception. I will need the refresher."
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
flora

Flora, who had never been one to wilt beneath any gaze, finds it suddenly extremely hard not to let her shoulders sag beneath the weight of Anju's knowing eyes. Pulling in a deep breath she finds herself wanting to choose her words quite carefully, a trait she wasn't particularly known for either.

Instead of voicing her lingering concerns, of trying to convince the dragoon that she could indeed rise to her expectations, Flora instead just raises her chin after taking a long swallow. 'When do we begin?' She asks, her mouth a thin line of determination before growing slightly crooked at the corners. It doesn't take long before she's beaming at the other woman, suddenly filled with a bright and youthful confidence she hadn't felt in years.
what doesn't kill me makes
me want you more
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
oblivion is the name of this abode: and she is there
It is clear they have struck to the heart of the matter where there is no fanfare or showboating for Flora to rely upon. For some, this would mean the crumbling of their resolve. Shame, perhaps, or even anger. But - as she'd hoped and anticipated in equal measure - Flora does not follow in those footsteps. Instead there is only burgeoning confidence and determination that has Anju smiling, proud.

"I will be in Torchline a few days more. We will train before I leave," she decrees, word like law. Fingertips still at Flora's elbow, she brushes her thumb against the fair skin there and smiles. "But first, we finish our drinks. And you owe me a trade." Winking, she pulls the feathers from her hip and sets them on the table. This may not have been the ending she anticipated, but she feels deeply satisfied all the same.

- Fin <3