stars by the pocketful

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
it's fine to fake it 'till you make it
The eternities which can pass in moments like this are not quite so vast for truly immortal beings such as Safrin. The decades of anxiety and indecision which pass, do so before her like brief spring showers rather than endless monsoons. So when Ronin finally raises his gaze, he will see an expression of patience on Safrin's face instead of tightly restrained tension, and when he feels her hands atop his shoulders, her touch will be soft rather than shaky.

Pulling herself toward him until the press of her body was against his beneath the water, Safrin curls an arm around Ronin's neck to anchor herself against him. Weightless, nevertheless Safrin is steadfast despite the waves which both push and pull them in equal measure. Stretching, the goddess places her lips against the Huntsman's ear as suddenly all sound bleeds from the universe. The lapping waves roll silently, as the soft sea breeze tousles Ronin's dark hair without making a sound. There is only his heartbeat and Safrin's breath against his skin.

"Then consider this the start of your third life, Ronin." She whispers. "Whatever you need shall be yours, only making your name known. Being my Star cannot mean nothing." Like the beauty and grandeur of space, there is also darkness and cold; the same is true of Safrin's words.
'till you do. 'till it's true.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
there will be scrapes and sutures; viciousness and victory
It isn't instinct but choice that has Ronin's arm reaching up to slip around Safrin's waist, his eyes slipping shut when it becomes evident that he doesn't need to see to understand what is going on. Every pulse of his heartbeat is star bright, every word from the goddess's ear a comet striking against his consciousness. He nods, the warmth and chill of her presence seeming more than merely from the inches of distance she's eliminated between them.

"It never meant nothing to me," he murmurs, but he knows what she means. "But I will make sure the rest of Caido knows that as well." Opening his eyes again at last, he gazes upon his lady of the stars with a renewed purpose, feeling a smile beginning to curl at the corners of his lips. "I will see you soon?"
RONIN

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
it's fine to fake it 'till you make it
Whatever he might have expected from her then, Ronin will feel Safrin's lips pressed softly and perhaps a touch chastely against the stubble on his cheek. As the pair enter into yet another stage of their relationship, the herald seems determined to start them off on the right foot this time, as it were. "To that end...I would rather not hear of you spoken as the Huntsman any longer." Safrin says, pulling herself back somewhat to gaze at Ronin. "But you are now no longer just a star...Fallen or otherwise. To me and the rest of Caido..you shall be a supernova."

Untangling one of her arms from around his neck, Safrin's palm rests gently on the Supernova's jawline where her thumb can tease at the boyish smile forming on the corner of his lips. "I hope so. Perhaps you might come say hello at my shrine in the mountains?" Which was her way of confirming that he could indeed stay in the Cordillera.
'till you do. 'till it's true.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
there will be scrapes and sutures; viciousness and victory
Raising a brow to hear Safrin speak, Ronin can't help but wonder where she's going with it before his eyes widen a fraction, and no sooner is a smile properly blooming on his face when her fingers are cupping his jaw. "Then that is what I'll be," he confirms with a gentle nod, still able to feel her kiss lingering on his cheek as if her lips are static. He feels buoyant in a way that he hasn't since first meeting her in the Glade, and he doesn't dare say so lest the spell be broken.

Luckily for him, Safrin cements the start of their new agreement with yet more good news, and Ronin's expression is unabashedly relieved and grateful. "I will," he promises, feeling the strange and boyish urge to let his arms encircle her waist and to lift her in the water, like they are dancing. Wisely, perhaps, it remains only an urge, and the newly minted Supernova releases her instead.

"Until then, Safrin. Thank you again."

~FIN
RONIN