Summer Vacation
Soleil Lovi
Adv

Age: 20 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 2 - Int:
DIANA - Regular - Arctic Wolf
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
SOLEIL
the light of dawn is coming
Soleil arrives in Torchline like a wolf on the hunt, and the comparison is not beyond her given how much of that creature still lives beneath her skin.

As an adult now (though a young one, as her father continually reminds her) she cannot be held any longer with Halo's boundaries. It makes sense then for Torchline to be her first stop - the place she'd originally been taken and cared for before her father had found out about them. The homeland of her best (and, depressingly, only) friend. The rest of the wide world had been spoken of in her schoolbooks, but they hold no interest for her right now.

Clad in a bikini she'd purchased the second she'd come off the skyboat, hair loose and curling pleasantly in the salty air, Sol strikes off down the beach with a piece of driftwood in hand as a walking stick. Nosily looking over peoples shoulders and shamelessly shadowing the sun as they tan, intrigued by the way they live here.
ready to return everything the darkness stole
Code Inspired by Sky
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige
’Cause there were pages turned with the bridges burned
How perfect that it is her best and only friend who is wandering along the beach at the same time as the recently aged Sol. The Attuned was technically working. Not just killing time, though it might look like that to anyone on the outside, with the way meanders down the beach and stops to talk to people. Her smile is bright, eyes shining as she shakes hands, bumps shoulders, and passes off small bags into their palms while slipping whatever they give her into the bag slung over her shoulder. "If you like that, you know where to find me." Paige calls back to her most recent costumer, winking with a sly grin, knowing that they would like it and knowing that they would come find her for another.

Sapphire eyes alight on what she's already deciding is her next target. A pretty young thing with tight, bouncy curls and amber gold skin, picking her way along the shoreline with a long piece of driftwood. Paige slides up behind her on near silent feet, the sand a whisper beneath her soles as she slips up beside the girl, "Hey there, legs... Can I interest you in-"

The words die in Paige's mouth as unmistakable amber eyes alight on her own. Her brows shoot up towards her hairline and she can't keep her mouth from falling open. "Sol? Gods, I didn't even recognize you!" She gasps, hands coming up to the curls framing her friend's face.
Everything you lose is a step you take
Soleil

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by:
Change author:
MP: 0
SOLEIL
Soleil is not accustomed to being so boldly spoken to after a childhood in Halo, and certainly not in a flirtatious manner, but she knows a sales pitch when she hears one. "No. Go away." It's a bark that doesn't fit her rather feminine voice, expression turning mulish and lip starting to curl in a canine snarl she has never seen fit to eradicate. That is, until she cuts her bright amber eyes sideways to try and scare off the shorter woman, and recognition dawns.

Like a lightswitch, her entire face changes to a radiant beam, all teeth on display in an ecstatic grin. "Paige!" The stick in her hand drops to the sand as she turns towards Paige, giggling when the other girl lifts her hands to touch Sol's curls. "Me neither! I haven't seen you in so long!" So many years, actually, with only a few letters to keep her company - until Paige had gotten older, and then went to find her family, and Soleil was left in Halo biding her time.
Code Inspired by Sky
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Paige
Most people would have probably been deterred by the flash of teeth and snarl that came from the taller woman, but Paige was merely given a brief moment of pause like one might experience before running into the ocean at full speed. That fades further as her now grown friend turns a sunshine bright smile towards her, whole face glowing with it, "I know. I know, Sol. I'm sorry I never made it to Halo to see you." She apologizes, fingers brushing along her sun kissed cheek, bottom lip catching between her teeth for the span of a breath before her fingers trail through pin tight curls.

"You're all grown up now, huh?" Paige huffs a soft laugh, shaking her head as eyes scan over the pup-no-more, noting just how grown up she was now. "How are you? How's your dad? Luka?" The attuned asks with an arched brow, drawing back to sling her arm around Sol's shoulders, leading her further down the beach.
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:
SOLEIL
Forgiveness is quick and easy for Soleil, who merely shrugs and tilts her face into Paige's gentle touch of fingers against her cheek. "It's okay. I'm sure you had your reasons." Reasons she will not push for further details about given what little information Paige had given her in her letters. It had sounded difficult emotionally, and Sol does not need information as badly as she needs Paige to simply be okay.

Laughing, all warmth and amusement, Soleil turns with Paige and falls into step beside her, undaunted by their height difference. "I am, I finally caught up to you!" The delay between their respective agings had been lengthy, and Sol had painfully felt the distance. It is a relief to have it finally dissolved. "I'm good. Dad and Luka have been focusing a lot on hunting with the new regions in Halo. We both graduated, but I haven't picked an apprenticeship the way Luka has." They're far more traditional in Halo than Torchline, and while Luka had taken after their father, Soleil has been rather aimless since leaving school. Thus her new arrival in Torchline, ready for exploration and new horizons.
Code Inspired by Sky
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige
Paige did have her reasons. Plenty of them, but none felt good enough for Sol. She felt another wave of guilt, but quickly pushed it aside as Sol falls into step beside her, keeping pace easily as they stroll along the beach together. "You did! Thank the gods for that. Now we're finally on the same page." She huffs with a laugh, despite the weight that had been on their shoulders due to the separation in age. Thankfully it wasn't going to keep them apart any longer.

"Do you have any ideas about what you want to do?" Paige asks easily, arching a brow as she looks up at the taller girl, leading her down a winding path towards a section of straw umbrellas that were dotting the sand.
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:
SOLEIL
Soleil has had to learn to be forgiving with her human upbringing. While her father is more predisposed to grudges, they both have kind hearts, and flexibility had been paramount with how lonely and out-of-place she had felt through her school years. It merely benefits Paige that she had not taken her best friend's absence to heart.

Shrugging gracefully - not that she has ever intentionally practiced grace in her life - Soleil abandons her walking stick in favor of wrapping her arm around Paige's waist. "None at all honestly. Right now I'm just exploring all the lands first, and Torchline was destined to be first." She has no clue what she's looking for, so right now she's just calling it 'an ambiguous adventure'. Honestly, Sol doesn't mind being aimless right now. Maybe in time she will chafe and start to worry about things like careers and ambitions, but for now indulging in her nomadic desires is sufficient.
Code Inspired by Sky
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige
'Cause there were pages turned with the bridges burned
The fact that Sol came to Torchline first just spoke to how much of an influence this place had on the girl from the beginning and Paige couldn't help being happy that she was here to benefit from it too. Giving her friend a squeeze, the attuned grins down at her, eyes bright in the shining sun. "Well, no better place to try things than here. Where do you want to start first? The market? The beach? You name it and we'll do it." It didn't matter what plans Paige had for the day before she saw Sol on the beach. They were completely out the window now that her friend was in tow.

Steering them towards the small market that lined the docks, the attuned perks up, "I know what we should do first. You need to try a Torchline delicacy!" She declares, making a beeline for her favorite stall, knowing that the vendor selling marinated grilled pineapple had surely already set up shop for the day.