God Quest Stars in my eyes
Quest turn-in for Safrin
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
It was a sheepish courier who knelt in front of the altar atop the starlit Observatory in the Greatwood, setting his Goggles atop it and painstakingly arranging a bouquet of stargazer lilies beside them. He had really struggled to meet all the criteria this time around. From finally learning how to swim to making a new friend in Alys to spending a number of fruitless nights searching the skies for a shooting star before he found one - and a potential apprentice along with it! - it had taken far longer than he had expected.

But he'd also gained far more in the pursuit of this particular Quest than he'd anticipated in his wildest dreams.

Boreal crooned encouragingly and leaned hard against his shoulder as Tal cleared his throat and shuffled on his knees to get more comfortable while he tried to compose himself. "Hey Safrin. Sorry it all took so long. I, uh... I don't really have any excuses, I just hope I did all the right things y'asked. If y'could please make my Goggles see farther in the dark'n stuff now, that'd be great!"

The eyes have it
1. Use his goggles deep underwater where light doesn't normally penetrate and witness a flora/fauna he otherwise wouldn't normally be able to see in over my head
2. Find someone with illusion magic and see how much he can detect using the goggles all my questions have no answers
3. Talk to someone tricked by illusion magic {SE} from these stones
4. Stay up and watch a shooting star. Shot in the dark

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Overhead, the stars seemed to pulse with power and potential before convalescing into a shape Tal is likely more than familiar with now. Descending like a shooting star herself, Safrin arrives smelling of petrichor and lilacs with a smile wide on her perfectly painted lips. "Oh, it hasn't been so long." She tuts, nose crinkled slightly as she gives her head a small shake. "You're far too hard on yourself."

Inhaling the sweet scent of the flowers the courier had brought, Safrin reaches for the goggles with an amused slant to her lips. "Tal my love, do you think you could pass along a message for me?"

See-Right Goggles: Reinforced goggles capable of seeing with perfect clarity regardless of conditions, up to 30ft. This includes magical darkness. Can see through illusions at 5ft, and be aware of illusions under 10ft.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The goddess was a being of many facets and powers, but one thing could always be said about her: Safrin knew how to make an entrance. Like the stars that were her domain she sparkled and shone upon her arrival and Tal sucked in an appreciative breath as Boreal crooned a happy greeting, scaly tail wagging across the smooth boards of the Observatory floor.

"Thanks, Safrin." His voice was shy at her gentle remonstrance, and the relief that washed through him at her assurance would have made him sag if he hadn't been already kneeling. He did end up leaning on Boreal a bit, slipping an arm around his companion's shoulders to give her a little hug of excitement as Safrin lifted his Goggles but her request caught him by surprise.

Being asked to be a messenger for Her? If he'd had time to think about it he might have had time to grow concerned about the details, but thinking ahead still wasn't his strongest suit and he blurted out an eager: "Sure!" ...Before his ears and neck grew pick and he ducked his head in embarrassment. "Uh... I mean. That is t'say... I'd be honored, Safrin. Who am I takin' it to?"

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Tal's eagerness was as endearing as his embarrassment was. Stretching out her fingers to scratch affectionately beneath Boreal's chin, the goddess let the courier melt under the weight of his own thoughts for a moment before her gaze shifted back to regard him.

"To Deimos. Let him know that it's been too long since he's come to see me." Her tone was pleasant but vague. She'd let the Sword make of her words whatever he wanted to, though knowing Deimos he'd simply take them at face value and do as the courier's message suggested. "That shouldn't be too hard for you, I assume?" Safrin adds with a sly wink.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Boreal rumbled her pleasure at the attention; being hugged by Tal and scratched by Safrin made for a very happy and well-behaved dragon and her emotions flowed through the bond to mix with her human's excitement at the upgrade to his Goggles and the chance to do a favor for Safrin. Talyson Seawright, Messenger of the Gods! Who would have thunk it?

...But then Deimos's name was mentioned and the courier's eagerness congealed into an icy lump in his stomach. He swallowed hard and managed a slow, sickly nod at Safrin's confidence in him, pale gaze dropping to the hem of her gown. "I... can do that, yeah," he agreed slowly. Well... he could try. He and the Warden weren't exactly on speaking terms anymore. But maybe Safrin's name would at least get him in the door...? And it wasn't like things could get any worse between them, right?

Worst case scenario, if Deimos refused to see him he could slip a letter with the message under the General's door at the barracks, or enlist Hotaru's help to make sure it made it into the Sword's hands.

Change author:
'I would appreciate it.' Safrin says with a coy wink and nod of her head. If the Goddess knew of what had transpired between Messenger and Sword she gave no indication, merely smiling widely before drawing herself back and inhaling a deep breath of the ambient botanical-heavy air around them.

"I'm sure he won't shoot the messenger." She adds, eyes bright before she turns her gaze up toward the heavens.

"And I am sure I will see you soon." No doubt Tal would have some new idea he needed her help with, and, given that he'd seen Ludo just as much as herself, the goddess was keen to continue aiding the Messenger.

With a rush of starlight, Safrin rises from the shrine like a shooting star, disappearing into the heavens with a twinkling pulse of light.

~FIN