[se] don't you ever let me go
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
It was easier to fade back into the familiar territory of friendship than to explore the fluttery feelings in her chest that she couldn't quite name - or, rather, that she wasn't brave enough to examine. "I'm so excited," she gushed. "Once we do this, we won't have to wait for visits anymore to be able to talk!" The prospect was an exciting one; it was already absurd how frequently they visited each other or wrote each other, and the idea of being able to just... talk to each other, at any time of any day, was one that warmed her heart. She just didn't want to examine the type of warmth at the moment, lest she loose all sense and do or say something she'd regret. "We can definitely go as soon as we get the earrings," she agreed. "The sooner the better!"

Mona brought their food - Jude's rather questionable breakfast, in Soh's opinion, and the much more delicious option of fruit-covered waffles. Today's fruits were strawberries and blueberries, which gave a little tartness to the sweetness of the waffles. She still couldn't understand why Jude didn't like sweets - sometimes she suspected that he passed on them just so that she could have more - but that was neither here nor there. "Thanks!" she called after Mona before beginning to eat.

They ate their breakfast and chattered on like normal, and slowly, the tension of the jeweler's began to fade away. It didn't take long for them to finish their food, pay, and exit the restaurant. Soh looped her arm companionably through Jude's (ignoring the butterflies in her stomach that resulted) and tugged him along with her toward the jeweler's. "Oh, I hope they're ready!"
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427

Jude laughs along with her, though habitually quieter. “I know, the skyboat captains have started recognizing me and knowing me by name. And they have different shifts!” Which really just emphasizes that the day and time never matter to the two of them, happy to jump on a boat just to see one another. Glad she agrees with his idea, Jude tucks into his meal - Sohalia has objected to it enough times he could recite it by heart, but she refrains this time which makes him grin into his eggs. It would probably be beneficial if he did like sweets and carbs considering how lanky he is, but such was life.

Stomach comfortably full as they wind their way back through the streets to the jeweler’s, Jude bumps her hip with his own, grinning slightly. “I’m sure they are,” he reassures, though her excitement is mirrored in his own hurried pace. This time the worker doesn’t look so wary and disgruntled to have young customers in the store, in fact readily pulling out two boxes and uncovering them as the two approach the counter.

“Here ya go, all done. What do you think?” Jude examines his first as the plain hoops had already passed muster earlier, and is delighted when he runs his thumb over the surface of the ruby stud and finds no rough edges or loose brackets. “They turned out great,” he compliments shyly, smiling. Turning his head to Sohalia’s box to see how they look, then to her face to determine if she’s happy with them before he dares to pick up his box. He would absolutely leave his behind if the work wasn’t to her liking, willing to ask for a refund or repair.
Jude
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
When the pair reentered the jeweler's shop, it was to find a much more cheerful jeweler who had clearly finished their order. Soh barely contained a squeal of excitement as she rushed to look at her own earrings. They were exactly as she had envisioned, and as she picked them up to examine them, she was impressed by the craftsmanship - especially given how little time it had taken. "They're exactly what I had in mind," she told the jeweler, grinning happily up at Jude, tilting the box so that he could more easily inspect the earrings.

That settled, they spent a moment discussing the appropriate price for the work. It wasn't as expensive as Soh had feared that it would be, and she pulled out her purse to offer several gold coins to the jeweler. With her own order taken care of, she waited for Jude to pay and then led the way out of the shop, her box in hand. "You'll have to tell me where this shrine is," she said. "I'm not as familiar with Torchline as you are."
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427

Pleased that Sohalia was satisfied, Jude settles his own side of the bill and immediately begins inserting the new earrings the second they’ve left the shop. Harper had taken him to get his ears pierced ahead of time, smartly advising that his lobes be fully healed with the initial jewelry before he swapped them out. It had been a few weeks of sleeping uncomfortably on his back, but it was worth it for this moment where he inserts the hoops and studs next to each other in each ear.

Reminded of their next stop, Jude pockets his empty box with a grin and grabs her hand, pulling her after him as he gains some speed, too excited to walk now. “Just follow me, let’s go!” Frey awaited!

- Fin <3
Jude