alla nostra salute
Flora
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Mateo
Champagne, cocaine, gasoline
and most things in between
"It is not that," Mateo says with a snort. "But that can create a very interesting net, if you harvest some of it. It causes you to go numb, where it touches." Which, you know, shady headquarters... might be useful, who knew. But no, what Mateo has is much more dangerous in his opinion, and he withdraws a small vial with a pipette filled with a clear liquid. Unlike all of his other labels (which are meticulously named), this has only a small doodle of an eye.

"Three drops in someone's drink and they're going to have a horrible night," he tells her, offering it out. "It is the ThirdEye drug, but it has... personality. Please be very careful." And if Mateo is saying it, then it must be true, right?

As for Everest's customer service, "He does practice on me, but I am not your average customer, apparently," Mateo laments, before kindly expanding on it for his sister. "He failed his pilot exam because he does not know how to interact well with people. I think he is more upset about it than he is letting on."
I roam the city in a shopping cart
a pack of Camels and a smoke alarm
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
karma's a relaxing thought, aren't you envious that for you it's not?
Puckering out her lower lip, Flora looks at the veil with new found interest. Not only does she think it would work in a shady sense, but she has ideas about other fun ways it might be used as well. Before she can let her mind wander more, she's leaning forward to focus in on the little vial her brother is holding. "A horrible night, mmm?" Her eyebrows raise softly as she looks from the botanist back down to the relatively innocuous-looking liquid. "And...any particular taste, or smell?"

Crinkling her nose and imagination a series of tableaus that would likely even have Jack wincing (it's mostly Everest fumbling with Mateo's limp dick while expounding all the things he'd read up about arousal), she mouths an oooohhhhh as the botanist clarifies. "Oh I thought you meant..nevermind. Well, he can come work here if he wants. Even if he's terrible at it, interacting with people goes hand and hand with delivering them their food and drinks." Flora offers with a shrug. If nothing else, she was sure Mateo's friend would be an exceptional employee even if he was an awkward one.
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Mateo
"Faint eucalyptus taste, I think," Mateo says slowly, not that he can remember much about his evening of testing. "In liquor it should go undetected, though - so watch out if someone is good at switching their drinks." Taking her hand and pressing the vial into it, there's a nonetheless sunny smile on the botanist's face. "I just do not like the idea of anybody messing with my sister," he says, as if he hasn't just handed her a bottle of truly nightmarish hallucinogens.

"You thought I meant... oh, oh. No. I do not think Everest is even interested in that," Mateo says slowly. Perhaps he will have to ask his friend the next time they are flying back to Stormbreak (you know, where Ever can't run away from the question). "And that is a very kind offer - I will suggest it to him. Or perhaps you can. You know, when he picks you up. For your visit."
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Nibbling at the inside of her cheek, Flora nods. "I wonder if the taste could be hidden by some sort of garnish. You know, if that was ever required." As for switching drinks, the Doubletake finds herself frowning deeply and with sudden upset lining her brow. "That...I don't like the sound of." Guild activities were one thing, but the thought of having drinks spiked for other purposes had only just occurred to her.

Tucking the vial away in a drawer with her other private things, Flora smiles appreciatively. "You're a good big brother." She sings indulgently; for all of their hiccups along the way, Flora really did love Mateo for everything he both was and wasn't.

Tilting her head as if Ever's lack of sexual appetite was a challenge, she makes a small hmm! sound under her breath and shrugs. "Yes, yes. For my visit. You'd better plan something fun though. All I remember of Stormbreak is it being horribly boring."
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Mateo
"I have not had the urge to test it further, but if you would like me to find out, I can investigate for you," Mateo offers, as if getting completely off his tits on psychadelics is just a feature of his job (and let's be honest, it is). Humming his agreement about the dangers of unattended drinks, he goes back to arranging a few more of the plants around the headquarters. "You only need to be spiked once to learn how to take care of your liquor," he says quietly.

To hear that he's a good big brother naturally has a jubilant smile gracing his face, though, Mateo making his final adjustments before stepping back. "I think this will work for now," he says. "But I will take another look at my stock, and if there are any others that you might find useful, I will bring them down."

Stormbreak and boring does have him whipping around, the botanist furrowing his brow. "Have you been?" he inquires, and either the answer is no, in which case how does Flora know it's boring, or it's yes, in which case why didn't she visit him?
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
'Well, I would rather not everyone have to learn that lesson.' Flora replies in a low voice, her gaze skirting over her brother's face in an attempt to decide if Mateo was speaking from personal experience or not.

"Thaaaaank you." Her arms find their way around his neck once more as she presses a kiss to his cheek. She's quite certain that even if she leaves a bit of lipgloss there that Mateo will find a way to make it work. As for Stormbreak? "I mean, when I was younger" Flora says with a shrug. "And I mean, we weren't always close like this, you know?" She adds candidly, giving her brother a look before flashing him a smile.

"Okay, now lets go through these notes..."

~FIN