Mini Event Am I the drama?

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Crow Offline
Change author:
MP: 225
i reach out to my lifeline, the angels laugh in paradise
"You're late," Eleftheria accuses as George sidles up next to them. They're on their third fruity concoction and feeling rather talkative. To answer his question, they shrug one shoulder before saying, "The music is good, and so are the drinks. Even tastier because they're free." They say this with a cheeky grin, raising their glass to him before taking another sip.

As they think on it more, they suppose the people-watching is rather entertaining as well. There is mostly joy and friendliness between people, but El is picking up on some tension between certain individuals. It made them curious to know more about it. They had also noticed a red-haired woman who came alone and sat by herself at the bar.

"Do you know anyone here? Because I clearly don't." Eleftheria asks this to continue conversation, but also on the off-chance that George knows who the red-haired woman is.
they say i am my own lifeline
ELEFTHERIA
George Shepherd
Thief

Age: 31 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
hands like secrets are the hardest thing to keep from you
lines and phrases like knives your words can cut me through
George chuckled as El accused him of being late. They weren't wrong, but to be fair, he'd never said exactly when he'd be arriving. He took a healthy swig of his drink, enjoying the fruity taste. He'd always been more fond of drinks like this than of beer and ale. Why drink something when it didn't even taste good? "You can't go wrong with free drinks," he agreed, raising his own glass to clink it against El's.

People-watching was indeed entertaining, and George's gaze flickered among various individuals, sizing them up and trying to decide if it was worth dampening the party to try and rob any of them, especially given that people were in various stages of inebriation. Still, he wasn't about to ruin things for Flora, so he simply finished off his drink and grabbed a second.

"Not many," he admitted. He pointed to Flora and Jack. "Flora and Jack are two of the associates I told you about. I'll be sure to introduce you, at some point. May not be here, but soon." He turned, searching the crowd, and found Hotaru, his eyes lighting with recognition. If he could catch her gaze, he would offer a wink and a grin, but if not, he wasn't worried. Still, he'd try to snag her attention at some point, given how well they'd gotten on previously. "And I know that woman over there, Hotaru. She's Flora's mother." And, in George's opinion, where Flora had gotten her good looks and cunning nature.
George

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Crow Offline
Change author:
MP: 225
i reach out to my lifeline, the angels laugh in paradise
El followed the line that George made as he pointed toward his "associates." They were two attractive people that looked as if they were flirting at the same time as they were just hanging out. El wondered idly if that's just how everyone in Torchline acted towards each other, and they were the one reading too much into things like calling people "love" all the time. He gestured over to yet another beautiful blonde woman while claiming that she was the previous woman's mother. Their jaw dropped for a moment in shock.

"That's her mother? Gods be damned, why is everyone here so attractive?!" They said this loudly and without care. After their third drink, the entire room was sparkling, and the decorations seemed to be changing color altogether. El was suddenly tired of sitting on a stool.

"I'm bored, George! Will you dance with me?" As they said this, they stood and took hold of one of George's arms. The song the band had just started was perfect for dancing, and if George wouldn't come with them, they already decided they would just go on their own.
they say i am my own lifeline
ELEFTHERIA
George Shepherd
Thief

Age: 31 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
hands like secrets are the hardest thing to keep from you
lines and phrases like knives your words can cut me through
Yes, El, that is how everyone is in Torchline.

At their exclamation, George threw his head back and laughed. They weren't wrong - everyone here was attractive. "I hope you're including yourself in that," he said, raising an eyebrow suggestively. It was in his nature to be a shameless flirt, even if he didn't really mean anything by it. Besides, it wasn't a lie - El was attractive, and he was more than happy to remind them of that fact.

El stood and grabbed one of his arms, and George laughed again as they dragged him to the dance floor, more than happy to join them. He took one of El's hands in his own and lifted it to spin them around, winking with mischief as he did so.
George
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
there was no where for me to stay, but I stayed anyway
The clear liquid in young Ever's cup was definitely not water, such that as the King of Torchline offered the aviator a nod, it was with decidedly more ease than normal that Ever nodded back. "Hello Hadama, King of the Merfolk and Torchline. Tidebreaker." Said as if reciting some lesson in school, the attuned raises his glass of "water" in a hello-cheers before looking a touch dizzily in Paige 's direction. "I'm not a mrs." He mumbles a touch confused, eyebrows knitting together over blue eyes which were growing steadily more unfocused with every sip.

Having never consumed more than a few polite sips of alcohol, whatever was in his drink was hitting his system hard. Tugging off the suit jacket Mateo had lent him so that he could use it as a pillow, Everest laid (read: fell) back onto the sands where he gazed gawkingly up at the stars.

Reciting the names of constellations under his breath as if in the middle of some grand lecture, Ever felt the world beneath him begin to spin. Reaching for his glass of "water", the boy downed almost half of it assuming that would help.
everest
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
& my heart ran away with me
Glancing at the drink Talyson had brought, Remi considers for a moment before reaching for it. Gone were the days of having to worry about how the sugars in the drink might affect his physical performance, and it wasn't as though he could properly get drunk these days, so why not.

"We never were..." Frowning down into his drink, and then looking out toward the beach where it appeared Hotaru had moved on to Sunjata rather than Danta, the Lullaby all but squints into the darkness as if his predatory vision might somehow guide him toward the point he was trying to make. "...she and I, I mean.." Remi's frown turns into a wince before he heaves a sigh and simply forces the words out.

"I will always love her as Enzo and Flora's mother, and in that I would do anything for her. But it was simply to complete a quest that she and I were together, so..." It wasn't that Tal had asked the Lullaby's permission by any stretch, nor that he thought it was his to give, but perhaps it would set the courier's mind at ease.

Or make things worse. Who knew.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
I used to hold your haunted neck; I know I'll miss you if I close my eyes
"Madam, I don't believe I have ever dawdled a day in my life," Danta almost whispers, baring fangs in a grin as indulgent as it is mischievous, and he thinks very little of sidling closer to share the warmth of her space, drink in hand and blue eyes decadently taking her in. He doesn't take quite so ambitious a sip, but then again, the Ancient has already socially lubricated himself enough so far tonight.

"Halo?" The hiss of the word is almost delightfully scandalised, as if Hotaru might be daring him to make his moves all the way up into the icy tundra, at lethal detriment to all of his most important extremities. "You can call me Danta, and I'm afraid I must insist on you visiting more often. I'm not sure I'll get the opportunity to know you quite as well as I'd like tonight." he rumbles.
Dantalion
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Change author:
Mateo
Should'a seen what I wore
I had a cane and a party hat
Having been thoroughly enjoying the free drinks on offer, Mateo is actually peeping around towards the waterside bar and is considering chatting up one of the Mer there when arms come snaking around him, hitching him back and off balance. "Oof-- oh!" Clearly not minding as he recognises both the scent of the smoke and the voice purring into his ear. "Very much so, bella," he croons, turning in Paige's arms to face her properly.

"It has been a long time," he scolds, leaning in to kiss both of her cheeks, holding her shoulders to gaze at her properly. "My, you are certainly looking like the belle of the ball tonight," he compliments. "Shall we get a shot or two to celebrate? I confess I was beginning to think I would be left to fend for myself."
I was the king of this hologram
where there's no such thing as getting out of hand
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Tal hadn't been sure Remi would talk to him anymore, and he'd settled back in to spend some quality time with his martini in the vicinity of the Lullaby but not expecting their conversation to continue. He blinked a little when the other man spoke up again, surprised but growing too relaxed with the alcohol already burning in his system to jump. Instead, for once, he shut up and just... listened to the words that came out in fits and starts.

Words that he could understand, thankfully, and he nodded as the fire of the gin danced across his tongue. He followed Remi's gaze, letting his eyes linger on Hotaru's scintillating form as she moved through the crowd, taking the homage that was her due from the various attendees.

"She's... somethin' special, for sure." The corner of his mouth kicked up, just a hair's breadth short of a crooked smile. "Not like I needed another big sister, but somehow she ended up like one. An' sometimes she's my mentor, an' sometimes she's th'devil on my shoulder. But mostly she's my best friend. I dunno if we'll ever be... yeah. Anythin' more'n what we are. But what we are is more'n enough, so..." Tal shrugged and took another drink, this time rolling the alcohol around on his tongue to savor the mellow heat before swallowing.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
& my heart ran away with me
"Sister, huh?" The Lullaby clicks a sound of disbelief under his tongue as his head inclines to the side. "It is always more than enough until-" But it's then that a familiar hand reaches around Remi's stomach, fingers possessively spread.

Inhaling swiftly, the Lullaby leans his head back against Ronin's shoulder as the Supernova pulls him close, eyes slipping shut. Whatever he'd been saying, whatever Tal had been saying, was lost to him. There was only the press of Ronin's hand, the smell of the huntsman, and the words whispered into Remi's ear.

Turning in Ronin's arms, what was said next was done so silently, and if Tal was hoping for an apology from the Lullaby for so abruptly cutting short their conversation, he'd likely not get one. Indeed, Remi was heading for the bar to sneak an entire bottle of something, before following along in Ronin's wake to escape the noise inside the Tavern.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427

Hotaru
nothing's fair in love and war
"Then your odds are rising by the moment," she croons back to Dantalion as he bares his fangs in a grin. Oh, but how she has missed those pointed cuspids from all the Ascended she has tangled with. At least Dygra had kept the most important parts. Ru runs her tongue against the blunt, human (for now) tips of her own, and mentally apologizes to Flora for the various places she is already considering hiding away with this man.

At least she gets his name first, because clearly she's not moving quickly. "If you insist, then I simply must oblige. Though I have it on good authority I can be found at the inn for the next three nights - and drinks cannot only be found at a bar." Her own grin is not so provocative as his with is primordial presence, but the gravity is exactly the same. Boldly wrapping her free arm around his waist, she pulls him close with her hand at the small of his back. "But first, how about a dance?"
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Change author:
I used to hold your haunted neck; I know I'll miss you if I close my eyes
Raising his eyebrows, Danta has all the reason to trust her good authority, and he silently wonders whether some of that authority might be used on him if he pushes all of the right buttons. "I will certainly keep that in mind," he purrs, head tilted subtly towards the Valkyrie as if they're conspiring together. Which, you know... they most certainly are.

"Am I permitted to get a lady's name in return?" he wonders, melting beneath her touch as her arm circles his waist, his own long fingers reaching up to sample the soft curve of her jaw. "Otherwise I won't know who I'm calling on," he adds. Dancing has his eyes lighting up even further, of course, and given their current positions he's absolutely content for Hotaru to lead, if that's what she likes.

He likes it too, if it helps. "I thought you'd never ask."
Dantalion
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Change author:
flora

Well, what a night.

As things began to wind down (or wind up in the case of some couples), Flora decided to announce the winner of her raffle while everyone was still on the coherent side of drunk.

"Ahem!" Clearing her throat loudly, and perhaps nudging Jack so that he might whistle to get everyone's attention, Flora stood atop the bar with her jar in hand. "Thank you all so much for coming. I hope you know how much seeing each and every one of you here means to me. Its...been a bit of a rough month, but this has totally helped. Also, I've started a lost and found here, so...if anything has gone missing of yours lately, be sure to let me know." Subtle? Subtle. Well done, Flora.

Reaching into the jar and giving it a dramatic swirl, Flora pulls up a piece of paper with a single name scrawled in elegant script. "Hadama!" Jumping from the bar, Flora sashayed her way along the canal toward the King. "You won!" So saying, she hands over a small jar.

Hadama has won the raffle and received:

Type: Light | Style: Other | Level: Basic
Walkin' Dude Spore | A small white spore, which, when ingested or inhaled, induces incredibly strong hallucinations. If utilized on a weapon during a KQ/PQ+, the following attack will render an opponent immobile for 2 rounds.
Fever dream high in the quiet of the night
You know that I caught it
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 9 - Strg: 34 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 40 - Luck: 36 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"Hello," Hadama greeted the young man (Everest) - who was very well-informed in spite of his state of inebriation - with solemn bemusement.  It wasn't long, however, before the human was joined by a young lady and the King relaxed to enjoy his drink and a night of quiet people-watching from the edges of the gathering, noting the activity and bustle of the party with silent satisfaction.

Truly, an outstanding success of an evening, and one he hoped would cheer his young friend up.

He was fortuitously at the ocean-side bar claiming a fresh drink when Flora made her announcement. He nodded in approval of making the Hanged Man a lost-and-found blissfully unaware of what other connotations might be implied and raised his glass in a toast to the evening's hostess.

He was not expecting to be the lucky winner of the raffle, however, and he blinked in surprise before holding out a hand for the offered item. "Thank you," he murmured, looking up at Flora with the ghost of a smile crinkling the corners of his eyes. "It has been a perfect night."

In no hurry to leave just yet, he lingered by the bar, taking his time finishing his new drink before he began the swim back to the Underwater City - much faster now, thanks to the Bubblestream.