Mini Event Am I the drama?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
relive who i've been at my worst,
every single night, looking for a distraction
There is a slight shade to his skin the second Flora tells him nicely done, letting the confusion glimmer in his gaze as she departs and Sunjata huffs a small sound to Isla, only to watch as the crowd grows larger, spotting Mateo entering the building, before his gaze is promptly distracted by the next blonde to enter. “I didn’t do anything. What do you mean?” He asks, but he’s clearly distracted by Hotaru’s breezy entrance. There’s a hint of relief at the sight of her, before there’s a mixture of emotions that bloom within him.

Perhaps the first honest smile upon entering the Hanged Man is offered to Hotaru, the gentle touch to his wrist lets a glimmer of appreciation settle in his gaze. “Always good to see you too, Ru.” He murmurs, a nickname for a nickname before she’s introducing herself to Isla. And before she has a chance to depart them to see her daughter he reaches out to touch her wrist in turn. “We need to talk later.” He offers as she makes her departure, watching her go as Isla’s comment dies on her lips.

He realizes he’s stood there like a statue this whole time, however, when Isla suggests finding a seat. He nods, following her and making a pit stop to enter his name into the raffle if only so Flora won’t harangue him about it. “I still need a drink.” He mumbles to Isla as he steps away for a moment, swiping one off of the bar of refreshments before he settles into the seat across from Isla and takes a sip.

I don’t know what I expected but it wasn’t this.” He offers to her, looking back to Isla with an apologetic smile.
the flood
waiting for the sun to rise
pretty sight for some hollow eyes
totally sniped from odd ilu
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Mateo
Should'a seen what I wore
I had a cane and a party hat
It's with a stream of compliments in the travelling tongue that Mateo greets his sister, hugging her tightly and releasing her only so she can make Everest feel awkward (as is her custom) and move on. He'll catch up with her later, the botanist busy snagging a drink and carefully collecting a sprig of mint to put into it. He's just bringing it to his lips when Hotaru catches his eye, Mateo lowering the glass to offer her a dimpled smile.

"Ciao, he trills to her, only able to raise his glass since his other hand is still safe in Ever's pocket. Speaking of the aviator, it doesn't take much more than a look from Mateo for him to know that his friend is Done, despite it only having been a few minutes. "Would you like to go out for some fresh air?" he asks, offering the other man a way out. "I will make sure to come out to the bonfire every now and then, so if you wonder where I am, go and wait for me there?"
I was the king of this hologram
where there's no such thing as getting out of hand
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Change author:
I used to hold your haunted neck; I know I'll miss you if I close my eyes
"A king and a Merfolk," Danta drawls, tilting his head in a gesture that might easily be construed as avian. Gore Crows are liable to eat most things, so they say; fish, too, probably. Whether eat is in the literal sense or the sexual sense is entirely up for debate, but luckily Hadama is spared any more of Danta's attention or his inappropriate questions about Merfolk mating rituals, because a radiant woman has just stepped into Flora's vicinity.

And it is quite right that he should find himself on his knees looking up at Hotaru, because where the fuck else would you rather be? And oh, it's her mother. Why that makes it better isn't something Danta can answer either, but he rises to his feet as though blinkered. "I can certainly see where Flora gets her beauty from," he purrs.
Dantalion
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
there was no where for me to stay, but I stayed anyway
"Gods yes." Ever says, sounding like a balloon with the air being slowly let out of it. There were so many sounds, so many thoughts and feelings fluttering through the attuned bond that it took every ounce of self-control that the aviator possessed for him not to press his palms against his ears and start loudly signing a song to distract his poor mind.

"I'll just..I'll be out there." He mumbles sounding a touch woozy.

Deciding that water would help, Ever slips toward the bar and though no one wants to pour him something non-alcoholic, he eventually manages to convince them. (He doesn't actually, his drink has white rum in it). Next, he places his name in Flora's raffle if only because the sign next to the jar tells him to, before slipping outside.

After a few swallows of his water, Everest feels surprisingly better.
everest
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Tal had let Ru help him figure out what to wear so he was more presentable than usual as he trailed behind the Valkyrie. Her attempts to prepare him aside, he'd been unsure about whether or not to come at all after Flora had embarrassed him in front of Anju. He was still miffed about it, but he wasn't about to abandon his best friend to the potential sharks, and what the hail, he was always up for a visit to a new bar.

But fuck there were a lot of people here and he was already tense as a bowstring and gritting his teeth before they even swept in the door.

Well, Hotaru swept, graceful and queenly as she did a whirlwind round of greetings. Tal more or less shuffled along in her wake, giving awkward bobs of his head to those he recognized and a small wave to Flora before her mother descended upon her with maternal affection.

As for the courier? He scribbled his name on a piece of paper to add to the jar and then grabbed a glass of something flammable in each hand, taking one like a triple shot all in one go and gripping the other like a lifeline after abandoning the empty glass.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

Hotaru
nothing's fair in love and war
Things haven't gone up in flames yet, which is a surprise. Ru wouldn't mind if they did, so long as they do not include her, but given she has slept with, been romantically entangled with, wedding crashed, and enacted blood feuds with most of these people, the odds are perhaps a little slim.

Still, a woman can wish.

Besides, everyone can stare until their eyes roll out. Hotaru knows she's gorgeous and incendiary. What matters is her darling daughter whose bright and shining face fills the Valkyrie with a glow of her own. Flora's happiness nestles right alongside Remi's smile, Mateo's dimple grin, Sunjata's lingering touch. Maybe the night isn't lost.

"And I have missed you! This is all you sweetheart, everyone came to your beck and call." Hotaru's roguish wink and bright, toothy grin makes it clear she is endlessly proud of that fact. The hands that find hers are held gently, only squeezed when her daughter's mood softens. "He would have, my love. Though he would have demanded free drinks eternally and have forced everyone to dance by now," she laughs, bell-like. It is easier to try and focus on that than the loss. She hopes Flora will as well.

Of course they are not left alone for long in their bubble, and though Ru would let this whole building burn while she converses with her child, handsome men on their knees are a great distraction. Plus she has to set an example for her daughter! Spinning Flora under her arm like a dancer so that the young woman's outfit might catch the light and send her off into the crowd, Ru turns and lids her eyes at the handsome stranger. "I couldn't keep the gift all to myself, could I?" Offering her hand daintily, she leans in boldly. "Hotaru. Yourself?"
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Change author:
flora

Flora has come from a long line of shining starlets, but never before has the girl felt like she's ever lived up to the opulence of her mother and grandmother. The only thing that could have made the evening more perfect would have been her twin's presence, but, as she always did, he lingered in the back of her thoughts always. "It's true. Strip limbo, I bet." Flora agrees with a crooked but adoring smile. 'I love you momma.' She has time to say, before Hotaru 's attention is gobbled up by a certain ancient.

As Dantalion sizes up her mother, Flora feels a rush of something like jealousy. Only...it isn't really, it's just an itch that she's keen to have someone else scratch. So, glancing around the bar at the completion of the spin her mother had sent her on, her gaze falls upon Jack with something like predatory delight.

Slinking toward the good captain, the Doubletake's mind is a bright cacophony of success and smugness. The night is already going better than she'd hoped, almost every other word from those she spoke to was complimentary, and gods if she didn't look stunning. The only other person to rival her outfit was possibly her mother's, but Flora took that as a point of pride.

"Having fun?" Flora purrs, not to subtly pressing the swell of her breasts against the good captain's arm as she reaches unnecessarily across him for a glass.
Fever dream high in the quiet of the night
You know that I caught it
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Change author:
RONIN
the supernova

Ronin both is and absolutely is for PDAs, such that as Remi's lips meet his own, he melts into the kiss as though it might thaw the icy feelings that ripple out of him. (And it does, mostly). Humming something akin to gratitude and setting his empty glass down so he might wrap both of his arms around the Lullaby, Ronin lets out a soft sigh and sneaks a third and final kiss to Remi's forehead.

"Thank you," he murmurs. "I'll go and lay the foundation for a chat later, maybe." Now that it looks safe and he's fuelled by rum and kisses. "Don't you have too much fun while I'm gone, you hear?" Nudging his husband as if Remi is some renowned party animal, Ronin breaks off and heads inside to find the Flood.

Even sitting down Sunjata is not exactly hard to miss, and Ronin grabs a trio of drinks (leaving Isla out would be rude) before heading to their table. "Hey," he rumbles softly, setting down two of the drinks and nodding at Isla before turning his attention to Sunjata. "I'm out by the bonfire." He knows the other man knows, but still. "If you want to get a drink or something later."
i'll get over it
i just gotta be dramatic first
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Phoebe couldn't have been more pleased by the warm reception of Flora...or more surprised by what was whispered in her ear. Hated Harper now did she? That screamed of some tea. "Afternoon manicures." she agreed with a smile, watching her flit off to other guests.

She hip checked Hotaru back and grinned. "Sounds like a plan." she said, raising her glass to her friend in cheers. Then she did what most did at the Hanged Man - downed her drink and grabbed another.

The Nightingale turned from the bar, looking around to see who all was there. She thought she might visit Ronin and Remi when she saw Flora sidling up next to a man she didn't recognize. Oooh, now was this the Captain she had talked to her about? Feeling nosy she made her way over, smiling at Flora, second drink already half gone. "Mind introducing me to your friend?" she said brightly, glancing between the two. Oh yes, there was definitely some deep familiarity there.
loving you was the most exquisite
form of self destruction
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Change author:
JACK
"Oodles," Jack rumbles in reply, snagging on to the silvery thread of Flora's thoughts as though it's some delicacy among the humdrum of jealousy, inebriation, resentment and sexual attraction that writhes across the Hanged Man. The Doubletake stands out not just in her physical appearance - of that Jack can say for certain.

Having been pouring himself another glass of rum, the good captain is very content by himself at the bar. Understandably so, given his magic, because not having his fingers in all the pies at once is pretty stressful when you've made as many enemies as he has. And to anyone else, he probably just looks unapproachable (unless you're Flora - and Phoebe apparently).

"Mm, please do introduce us," Jack drawls, raising his eyebrows at their hostess.
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Online
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
& my heart ran away with me
Watching Ronin depart, heading toward Sunjata and Isla left Remi with the strangest feeling in the pit of his stomach. It was something like impending doom, but given the gravity of the situation and all that both they - and Sunjata/Isla - had survived thus far to make it to this point in their lives, doom didn't feel quite so disastrous.

Still...

Biting at the inside of his cheek and trying not to frown too deeply, the Lullaby takes a long sip of his drink. He saw Hotaru flirting with someone he didn't know, saw Mateo swanning about, saw Flora with Jack (insert Henry Cavill/Witcher grumble here), and then...Eyebrows raised as if alighting upon something that might save him, Remi makes his way over toward Talyson.

"Hey." He mumbles, nodding toward the other man. "I heard you had been wanting to talk to me about something?" Remi very much hoped that was still the case, lest he have to go find someone else to make small talk with while his husband MeNdeD brOkEn BriDgEs.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Change author:
flora

Grinning, her lips a touch more crooked than normal because of the copious amounts of liquor being passed about, Flora shines beneath Jack's solitary word of praise as if it were a rain shower and she a thirsty plant. Happily tipsy, the Doubletake tosses an arm around Jack's shoulder as if he were no more than one of her brother's friends and not possibly the deadliest man in all of Torchline. Something about the carelessness with which this was done fueled whatever fire all this attention was stoking inside of Flora, and it was with a flirtatious lean against the good captain that she turns to @Pheobe.

"Auntie Phoebe!" Flora trilled, not for the second time that evening. "This is Jack. He's the Captain of the Ark." Letting her gaze swim between the pair, she eventually inclines her head in Phoebe's direction. "And this is my Auntie Phoebe. She isn't really my aunt, but she might as well be. She's a demigoddess." This latter part is added as if somewhere far away, she might be able to burn Harper's ears.
Fever dream high in the quiet of the night
You know that I caught it
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
The Nightingale is raising her eyebrows at their hostess too, as if to inquire whether this is the infamous Captain she had told her about or not. But she smiled pleasantly at Jack and held out her hand. "It's good to meet you. And here I thought I'd already met every Captain in Torchline. I used to run the Halenani." she said, knowing the brothel had been well known in its heyday.

She laughed at the introduction her niece gave, grinning at her. "You have your mother's charm, you know that?" she said with a grin. Really, she thought she might blush, and all she had said was the truth. She was a demigoddess. Yet somehow that seemed more of a tactical addition.
loving you was the most exquisite
form of self destruction
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Hels were also liable to eat most things. It did not mean that Hadama invited them to share meals with him, however. But neither did he attack them without provocation, and likewise with Danta he simply inclined his head in confirmation of the repetition.

Hotaru's arrival turned out to be a blessing in disguise, and as she drew the intense young man's attention Hadama silently toasted the headmistress, wishing her happy hunting before he made his way a little further on down the bar.

In fact... with the meat of the party happening further in, the mermanta swam slowly out from twilit cacophony and followed the curve of the canal to the bonfire, nodding a greeting to Everest as he settled in to watch the flames for a little while and enjoy the buzz of music and conversations from a comfortable distance.