baby's breath
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Her first thought when she wakes with a sudden sharp pain is that something is terribly wrong. This pregnancy has been long. Very long and incredibly difficult towards the end. The healers advising her to stay off her feet as much as possible. Noah had done all he could to prepare their home for the arrival of their twins and Delia had been helpless to do anything other than sit back and watch. It was for the best, of course. For the sake of their babies.

And for her own wellbeing, too. Noah's greatest fear was losing her and Cordelia wasn't going to add to the chance.

Which is why panic begins to flood her as she feels a wetness between her legs and beneath her on the bed, fearing it's blood and the worst has happened. In the faint light of the embers still burning in the fireplace, the attuned reaches over for her husband, throat already tight with tears as another surge of pain washes through her nerves.

"N-Noah.. Something's happening.." She hisses through clenched teeth, eyes squeezing shut as another contraction rolls over her, a bit faster than the last.
Cordelia
My hand was the one you reached for all throughout the Great War
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
It's too much to bear my darlin', the weight of the world
And I would carry it for you
Noah was already awake when Cordelia called for him. Panic hit him first, before her voice, over the attuned bond. Lie a wave it crashed over him, nearly sending him asunder from his task. He left the kettle of boiling water and the empty mugs on the table. The teabags were left with nothing to steep in, but it didn't matter.

Something was happening.

Bursting into the room, Noah looked around and tried to compose himself. The scent of blood and other fluids hit his animal hindbrain and he sucked in a breath. "It's ok." He said immediately, closing distance between him and his wife. "Here, come here. Let me help you." Noah urged her, helping her physically move from where she was. He pulled the covers of their bed down to expose the now wet sheets. His heart surged and skipped several beats.

"Your water." The words came out quickly and jumbled. Noah blinked rapidly as he helped Cordelia get to a comfortable position. "The babies -- they're gonna come." He breathed again, pulling at the sheets of the bed and replacing them quickly, all the while bringing his breath back under control. "Tell me how to help."

Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The babies were coming. They were coming and Phoebe wasn't here and likely wasn't going to be able to get here. Cordelia tried to keep her breathing even, panic speeding up her pulse as she clung to Noah, using him to lift herself up onto her knees as her other hand braced beneath her belly. Her mind raced, trying to recall what her mother had done all the times they'd helped the other women within Snowclock deliver their babies and she took a deep steadying breath, forcing herself to calm. It was the only way they were going to get through this.

"Place blankets on the floor by the fire, get a basin of warm water and a wash cloth, and stay with me." Cordelia instructed softly, panting as she shifted from the bed, bracing her hands against the side of it. It was going to be a long night. A very long night. Counting the seconds between each contraction, noting how close together they were and the wave of pain that came with every spasm of her muscles.

She needed to get on her hands and knees, move in a way that wasn't like this. Brows drawing together, Cordelia waited until the blankets were down to take Noah's arms again, "Help me onto the floor." Came her strained voice, brows drawn together and teeth gritted.
Cordelia
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
They had gone over it so many times. Even as Cordelia verbalized the supplies needed, Noah knew exactly what to get. Having spent the last few weeks and even months prepping for the coming of these babies, they were ready. It didn't stop Noah from biting the inside of his cheek, however, thinking of how this was not the opportune time because Phoebe was not here.

It wasn't time to dwell on his own worries, anxieties, and traumas. It was time to focus on Cordelia -- keeping her stable, strong, and ready to bring these babies into their world. Helping her get into a more comfortable position to labor in, Noah crouched behind her. He pressed away the dark, clouded thoughts and filled the attuned bond with only love and encouragement, stability and strength. He breathed with her contractions, though exaggerated it to remind her to focus in on herself. "You can do this." He said aloud, taking his hands and placing each on either of her hips. He pressed her hips in as the contractions came, trying to help ease the pain of them if only slightly.

"You were built for this. You are strong. You are capable." Noah said, rubbing her lower back. This surely would be a long night.

Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Whatever fear clouded her mind was burned away like early morning fog as Noah's emotions washed over her, his words in her ear as her eyes squeeze shut for a moment, rocking on her hands and knees. "I don't know if I can.." Her voice trembles, words strained, pressing back into Noah as he rubs her lower back. Cordelia can feel every contraction, every pulse of pain as she takes a deep breath, tears clinging to her lashes. How long was she supposed to wait? How long until she could start pushing?

Rising up onto her knees, a hand bracing beneath her belly, her back falls against Noah's chest and she reaches for her husband blindly. "Noah, how long?" She knew he was keeping track of the contractions, the time between them, and she was relying on his guidance.
Cordelia
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
The Sentinel of the North held the One Shot Shrike every moment she could not hold herself. He was a mountain behind her, steady and fierce and ceaseless. He whispered encouragements in her ear and let only the solid, reassuring waves of his mind rush over the attuned bond. "You've got this, my love." His voice spoke in a hushed tone, but its strength abounded in every syllable. He timed every contraction, timed every minute and hour, and finally, when everything was coming together in the way it should, Noah spoke again.

"Push, darling." Noah had moved from behind her to her side, helping her get back to a spot on her hands and knees where she could support herself. He would need to attend to the babies once they were here, and wouldn't be able to do that while holding Cordelia with most of his weight and strength. "It's time."

Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
The time drips by like icicles dripping in the broken caves of the Fangs. It passes at a glacial pace and Cordelia couldn't keep track of it herself. She doesn't even try. Instead she slips into the comfort of Noah's embrace. His love surrounds her, his strength is at her back, and the One Shot Shrike draws in a deep breath as he shifts her to her knees once more. His words come to her, sounding in her head and echoing around her in time with the crackling of the fire, "Push, darling. It's time."

Cordelia bears down, gritting her teeth as she pushes, a scream rising in her throat as she does. It isn't enough. She can already tell it isn't enough. The attuned rocks, dropping her head slightly, feeling sweat beading on her brow as she tries to find the strength of her shifts within her and sinking into that of her polar bear shift. The strength of a mother bear intent on protecting her children and bringing them into this world safely. Her breathing is ragged, but Cordelia pushes again, feeling the stretch and the first baby begin to crown.
Cordelia
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
While time moved slowly for Cordelia, the hands of the clock were moving in warp speed for Noah. He breathed with her and helped her keep her balance until he could feel the pressure on his hand from the first baby. Yes, my love. Push. He pressed again over the attuned bond, readying himself for the first baby.

His heart pounded against his chest and he could feel all of the heat he'd ever felt in his ears. Everything around him dimmed and blurred. There was nothing else but his wife before him, bearing down and bringing forth new life. White hot tears stung his eyes and he blinked hard as Cordelia pushed again, and then a sob choked in his throat--

Then there was a cry. A strong, great, warbling cry that echoed through the house and drew the attention of Noah's companions. The Sentinel of the North held the baby in the soft blanket and helped his wife to her side so she could have the first and continue to push for the second. "A girl." Noah choked aloud, the tears unable to be controlled as they rushed over his lashes and left river stains down his cheeks.

Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
His voice slipped through her mind, tugging her along and Cordelia follows the light of him, the beacon of his love. Her muscles strained as she pushed again, feeling the final moment where everything came together and Noah was there the whole time. He caught their first child, wrapping the baby in a blanket she'd made for this very moment as their child showed them just how strong her lungs were, letting out a cry that shook the rafters of their home.

Her own tears came then, happy sobs caught in her chest as he brought their new little girl up to her and with a trembling hand, Cordelia reached for her. Brushing back a damp curl from her forehead, "She's perfect.." The One Shot Shrike whispered, only having a moment of reprieve before the urge to push comes again and she has to shift, chasing that primal need once more.

It's faster than the first. Much faster. The pain a blur in comparison to the overwhelming love coming her husband and herself. Soon a second cry joins the first, a boy this time, just as strong as his sister and Cordelia falls back to her side. Utterly spent and exhausted, panting from exertion, tears still clinging to her lashes as she finally looks down at her babies. Their babies. "Their beautiful..." Cordelia glanced over at Noah, a tired smile curling on her lips as she held them both to her chest, letting them lay in the crook of her arms.
Cordelia
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
The rest of the birthing process seemed to go as smoothly as Noah could have every dreamed or prayed. Their second child came without troubles, though not as loud as his sister. His cries were still heard, but didn't echo with the same vibrato and magnificence as his sister. Noah coked back another sob as he took his son and wrapped him all the same, and placed him against his wife's chest.

Noah helped Cordelia to a more comfortable position where she could recline and hold the babies to her. Noah worked as he had read and been taught. Once the placenta was delivered and the cords were white Noah finalized everything as he knew. He grabbed another blanket and placed it over Cordelia to keep her from a chill until he could get her out of the wet place and we clothes and into their bed.

Before he settled down next to his wife, the demigod ignited his magic. A bright celestial dome covered the entire area of their home, sprinkling down upon the wife of his dreams and the children of his prayers and renewing them with healing, strength, and mirth. All the while, Noah couldn't control his sobbing. Joy brimmed and spilled from his heart in uncontrollable waves. It was like nothing he had ever felt, and even as he settled down next to Cordelia and gently cupped each head of his children in turn, he couldn't explain the experience.

A boy. A girl. A girl and a boy. Utter perfection and all of the beauty of Caido wrapped in two, tiny packages. Noah sniffled and then, looking to Cordelia, placed a kiss on her sweat-dampened forehead and spoke the names they had agreed upon. "Marcus. Margot. Our babies."

Noah didn't say anything about the way his ring didn't react to their new presence, though he knew exactly what it meant. The twins had been born Abandoned.

FIN