[se] i'll point you to the mirror
For Tal <3
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Alys
Alys set the bowl of salad on the table, carefully positioning it in the center in an effort to keep to Tal's precision. When he returned with two bowls of soup, she joined him at the table and took hers with a word of thanks. "Cheers to that," she agreed, holding up her bowl to bump it gently against his. She didn't want to spill any of Tal's handiwork!

"Speaking of the 'bloody moon thing,'" said Alys, borrowing Tal's eloquent description of the event, "Have you heard anything else about it?" She herself had only heard the initial rumors, and not much more. At first, she hadn't been sure she'd go, given her questionable opinions of the gods... but if it meant spending time with her friends, then perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. Besides, it didn't sound like it was supposed to be as formal as the last event.
Oh, I had a dream that you couldn't hear me screaming
Trying to tell you everything but it wouldn't stop you leaving
Minor powerplay allowed without permission.
Feel free to use force/magic on Alys.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"Cheers!"  Tal echoed Alys with a grin and tucked into the meal they'd made together, shoveling some salad onto his plate in between careful sips of the hot, thick, creamy soup. It had turned out pretty darned good if he did say so himself. The soup was heavy and warmed the bones from within, but it was too hot to slurp down quickly yet. It was just as well, since it forced him to eat some of the healthy green stuff while he waited for it to cool to a more manageable temperature.

"Mmm... haven't heard much new," he admitted as he ate, brow furrowing towards a thoughtful scowl. "Just that we're invited t'show up at the Climb for a party, an' t'wear fancy jewelry an' bring food." He shrugged with one shoulder, careful not to spill a drop of the soup from the spoon in his other hand. "Doesn't sound too bad, 'cept for bein' in th'Climb." He made a face but it was brief as the good food quickly settled his mild annoyance at the vagueness of the upcoming party. "Haven't been able to figure out much more 'bout this Dygra, either. But the other gods don't seem too bothered by her, so..." He trailed off phlegmatically and shoveled more food in his mouth. God problems usually became mortal problems eventually, but since they were still recovering from the last War he was just as happy that things were quiet at the moment.

"D'you know what you're gonna wear to it?" Shamelessly fishing for how fancy his friends were dressing up so he didn't go either too dressy or too casual and look like the odd one out!
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
Like Tal, Alys had heard very little about this supposed party aside from the requests for jewelry and food. It made her skeptical, at best, but she'd already committed to going now. She ate a bite of her salad while she waited for the soup to cool. "I'd rather it be elsewhere," she agreed. "But it's supposed to be at night, right? Maybe the Climb will be cooler then." She hadn't been too impressed when she'd gone with Deimos, but then, despite her wish to travel more, she was a homebody at heart.

Dygra, at least, gave Alys some level ground; she could dislike one god as much as the next. Even if she'd started to listen to her friends that all gods weren't bad, it was still a hard habit to shake. "Or the Ancients," she said. "There was that party in Torchline, but I didn't really learn anything there." All she'd managed to bring back with her was a sunburn and a bad attitude.

On the topic of clothes, though, Alys considered, taking a bite of her soup. Both their dishes had turned out well, and she was pleased with their work. "I haven't really thought about it," she admitted. "Definitely not something as formal as the last gathering." Dressing up had been okay, she supposed, but it was an awful lot of effort for very little payoff. "Something cooler, since it's in the Climb. Why, what are you wearing?"
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
"Not by much," Tal warned, another grimace tugging at his lips before he filled them with a big bite of salad. The Climb was hot, hot, hot, day or night, Longheat or Deepfrost. Nothing seemed to change that, though... "Wonder how we'll see th'moon there, though," he muttered, half to himself before shoveling a spoonful of hot soup down the hatch. He swallowed and added: "Usually the smoke's so bad y'can't see th'sky at all." Maybe it would end up moving somewhere else?

He nodded at her comment in the Ancients as he started to slow down, stirring his soup with his spoon thoughtfully. "Yeah, what a bust that was." Aside from that vague, weird toast at the end it was just people hanging out on the beach. He barely remembered any details about it, aside from how blasted hot it had been that day.

His plate of salad had somehow ended up empty so he turned his attention fully to his soup, opting to leave the rest of the greens for packing up afterwards. His hopes of mooching off of Alys's outfit ideas were quickly dashed, however, and he wrinkled his nose at her. "Dunno," he admitted grudgingly. "Was hopin' t'see what you were doin' and plan accordin'ly." He tapped his fingers on the tabletop thoughtfully as he fished for an idea. "Mebbe just a good shirt under my vest? An' the brooch, o' course," he added, remembering their new jewelry.
Alys Glasse
Seer

SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
Wherever the festival was held, Alys was sure they'd have to travel to get there, and while she was more than happy to do so, a part of her was lazy and wished it could be held at home. Maybe they'd have a winter festival in Halo - that, she supposed, would be more fitting. "I've only really seen the caves," she said in reference to the Climb. "But it didn't exactly inspire me to stick around."

Her plate cleaned and her bowl nearly drained, Alys sat back with a contented sigh. "Well," she said thoughtfully, "It seems like red and black is the theme, if the rubies and obsidian are anything to go by. Maybe I'll wear a red dress - nothing fancy," she hastened to reassure him. "But, you know, something moderately nice. Then my ring..." Add some black flats and a simple necklace of black beads, and her outfit would be ready to go.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
He nodded emphatic agreement to Alys's opinion of the Climb. It was one he shared, and though he'd been there on multiple occasions now it never really got better. He lifted his bowl and tipped it up to enjoy the last dregs of his soup and then sat back with a contented sigh of his own, at almost the exact same time that Alys gave hers.

He grinned to himself at the coincidence and then stood to start clearing the table while Alys pondered her own outfit. "I can get a red shirt," he added when she finished, struck by inspiration. "An' I can give you a ride if y'want." Travel by skyboat wasn't as fancy as by skyship, but it sure beat walking! Normally he'd have offered the Peregrine's spare bunk to Hotaru first, but since Alys had helped him with most of his preparations for the festival it only seemed fair to give her dibs this time.

Besides, she might be going with that horny devil from the Torchline party and he didn't want to cramp her style if that was the case.

He set about pouring the remains of the soup into a pair of vacuum flasks for later traveling while he called back over his shoulder: "If y'divide up the rest o' the salads into boxes, we can reward ourselves with brownies!"
Alys Glasse
Seer

SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
As Tal stood to clear the table, Alys stood too, stacking her bowl atop her plate before carrying it over to the sink. "A ride would be great!" she said cheerfully. "And, well... I'm not really one for fashion, but I'd be happy to give my opinion on your outfit before we leave. If you want." I mean, Alys wasn't the worst when it came to fashion sense, but she mostly stuck to the basics. She was no Hotaru, that was for sure.

It took only a few moments to separate the salad into boxes; those she set on the counter, not knowing where Tal would want to store them. Then she gathered up her brownies, found the drawer with the knives, and pulled out a small one so that she could cut their dessert. She turned back to the table, carrying the brownies over. "Hey, do you like edge pieces or middle pieces?" she asked, eyes twinkling with mischief as her tone implied that there was very much a right answer.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
He usually went to Hotaru for fashion advice, it was true, but this time he was sure he had a good idea in the bag. It probably helped that it was such a simple one, admittedly... but hey, simple could be elegant, right? Or at least that's what he told himself. "Sure," he agreed, almost cheerful at the prospect. Maybe even a tie...? Nah, that was sounding too formal. And definitely no cape this time, not with the heat!

There was a bit of bustling as he wiped down the counters and ran some water in the soup bowls in preparation for washing them later. The rest of the soup and salad saved for later - and with Halo's temperatures even in Longheat the leftovers could be safely stored in food chests outside for several days until the event - and the soup pot set to soak, Tal rejoined Alys at the table, regarding her with affronted indignation. "The middle, duh," he retorted, crossing his arms challengingly even as his grin spread wide.

Alas, after that there were no leftover brownies to bring to the festival.

~Fin~