God Quest Beam Me Up, Frey
Quest turn in
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Oh sing sweet Nightingale, sing sweet...
Phoebe arrived at the shrine with a basket of fruits in tow for her god. She had completed the tasks assigned to her, and though it had taken time, she was confident that the Herald would be pleased with her work.

She set the basket on the shrine, then took a step back. "Frey, I have completed the tasks you set before me." she said, calling out to the god. She knew they were likely busy, but they had always taken time to heed her calls. So she had high hopes of seeing them today.

1. Find or make a rainbow, and then make it larger (the interpretation of this is up to you)
Rainbowration

2. Teleport to a board that she has never been in before
{PQ} Building Bridges

3. Arrange a game of tag with people who can either teleport, move quickly, or otherwise disappear/reappear/etc.
Extreme Tag
...high above me
The Nightingale
Code blatantly stolen from Sky

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
frey

Were Phoebe to glance down, she'd notice that a massively fat and fuzzy caterpillar is currently taking giant bites out of the offered fruit. Not unlike a certain child's book, the caterpillar grows as it devours more and more of the fruit the Nightengale had brought until it's nearly as wide as it is long.

Delicious It thinks toward Phoebe, burping, before crawling out of the basket and down into the grass. Did you enjoy rainbowing around? Frey wonders, inching their way through the grass at a lazy pace as wildflowers sprout in their wake.

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe tilted her head, watching the caterpillar curiously. What a strange and wonderful little thing! She was tempted to reach out and touch the fuzzy thing but thought better of it. Who knew what kind of strange properties it possessed? Better to keep her hands to herself.

But then she heard Frey's voice in her head and she brightened. "Well this is certainly a new form for you. At least new to me." she said, gazing loving at the caterpillar Frey as they inched through the grass, flowers sprouting in their wake. She knelt down to be closer to them. "I had lots of fun, yes. Especially playing tag." she said with a grin. It had been a rather fun quest all things considered.
...high above me
The Nightingale

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
frey

It's very hot, kitten. Frey replies, their voice a honeyed whine in Phoebe's mind. Still, with a shrug that should have been impossible for a creature without shoulders, the caterpillar indeed shrugs before their body stretches and contorts until the familiar form of the god is sprawled amongst the wildflowers. "I'm glad to hear it. Playfulness is good for the body and the soul."

Yawning lazily, Frey waggles their eyebrows in the Nightengale's direction before their head leans back against the foliage. "Did you know Sunjata has made a new brothel in King's End? It's rather like the Halenani actually. Or, it will be when he's finished."

Phoebe's magic has been upgraded!

Rainboration | Phoebe can create a rainbow around herself as a means of teleportation. She can teleport to any adjacent area or board to the one she is currently in.

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe smiled lovingly at the little caterpillar Frey. "It is very hot, though I suppose that is why it is called LongHeat." she said with a smile. The Nightingale watched with amazement as the caterpillar shrugged, then slowly transformed into the god that she knew and loved. It never ceased to amaze her the things that Frey could do. "I'll remember that." she said.

Shifting slightly so her hip was more on the ground than her knees, she watched as Frey lounged and waggled their brows. That Sunjata was starting a brothel wasn't terribly surprising, but that it was in King's End was. "Is he now? He and I don't really stay in touch. An interesting choice of venue he has picked though." She wondered why not Torchline or Stormbreak, but she had never been good at anticipating Sunjata's intentions.
...high above me
The Nightingale

Change author:
frey

'What a clever mouth you have.' Frey purrs, stretching out their hands into the flora around them. Flowers stretched and bloomed to be nearer to the deity, and their hum of pleasure was accompanied by the buzzzzzzzz of a small colony of bees.

"Mhmmm. He had his refuge there, you'll remember." Frey says with a careless wave of one hand. "What more could someone need, than sanctuary and sex?" Grinning, they lean forward in order to let their gaze wash over the Nightengale. "Perhaps you ought to. Keep in touch that is. Let bygones be bygones and all that. You're both mine after all, and I still think you two could do wonderful things together."

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe smiled warmly under the praise, feeling light and airy as though she might float away with happiness. But alas, she was firmly rooted to the ground.

Her head tilted, hair falling in golden waves over her shoulder. She supposed he had chosen that place for his sanctuary, hadn't he? "Food and water are needed too." she said with a light laugh. Perhaps Frey could survive on sex and sanctuary alone, but humans were far more fragile and needy. But the notion of staying in closer touch with Sunjata made her feel...conflicted. Sure they had enjoyed their time together in the Sanctuary, but that had almost been like an entirely different world. Out here...could bygones really be bygones?

"What sorts of things did you have in mind?" she asked, feeling as though her god was leading her down a particular path.
...high above me
The Nightingale

Change author:
frey

Waving a hand, Frey can only chuckle. "That's what the sanctuary is for, poppet." They muse, their fingers flickering as butterflies begin to descend around them.

"Now, now, none of that." They whisper, feeling Phoebe's indecision as if it were some sort of python coiling about their neck. "You've been lovers and enemies. Why not try your hands at just being friends, mmm? You've so much in common, after all. You both serve me, both have run a brothel, both have lived all over this continent, both have complicated histories, both come from a world other than this one..." The deity pauses, turning their head toward Phoebe and giving her a lazy but appraising look. "Need I go on?"

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
"Now, now, none of that."

She should have known better than to think she could hide anything from Frey, especially her indecision, which she knew to be a pet peeve of the god. So she sighed, trying to shove it to the back of her mind where she could ponder on it later.

And Frey did bring up good points. They were very similar when you thought about it. So she smiled and shook her head to their question. "No I get your point." she said with a wistful sigh. Friends with Sunjata. Something about it felt both natural and unnatural. But for Frey, she would try anything. "Alright, I'll reach out to him and see where it goes." she said with a nod of determination. It might come to nothing, but at least she could try.
...high above me
The Nightingale

Change author:
frey

"Very good." The deity purrs. Sitting up, their body begins to blend and sway into the breeze; their limbs disappear into leaves and their eyes into a small chorus of butterflies that flit toward Phoebe on emerald wings. Kissing her cheeks with their wings, Frey's laughter hangs heavily on the red tide of the cataract as it flows above the ground.

~FIN