On the Rocks
for Sascha
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Jigano nodded as Sascha repeated the names of the races he had mentioned so far, and his lips quirked into a wry smile. "Naturals aren't a race, just what we use to distinguish those who were born on this world from us Outlanders who came from other places," he tried to clear up. "There are Abandoned and Attuned Naturals, and Abandoned and Attuned Outlanders as well. 'Accepted' are what we call the normal humans who don't have magic and haven't been touched by the gods. There are two others you should know about, but I don't want to overwhelm you with too much information at once," he said with a gentle smile. It was all a great deal to take in, after all, in addition to getting used to new food, new clothes, and new customs. "Just let me know when you want to know more about them."

The stew was good. Not great, but filling and warm, and if the bread wasn't up to the standards of Devas Bakery, it was still soft on the inside and complemented the stew well. When Sascha explained how he was used to eating, Jigano's blue eyes lit up and he nodded with delighted understanding. "My parents did too, when I was young. They eventually stopped, but I remember my mother teaching me how to use them when I was very small." They had wanted to fit in with their Numerian neighbors in the land they had moved to, and had eventually switched to using the local knives and forks almost exclusively.

Sascha's caution was smart, and Jigano nodded agreement with the young man's words. "It's never wise to pray to them without cause. That's a good way to give offense. They don't like their time being wasted any more than anyone else does, after all." Indeed, they liked it rather less than most mortals Jigano knew! "As to what you should do..." he tilted his head thoughtfully. "First, you should find a place to stay, if you haven't already. There are many fewer people here than there once were, generations ago. Because of that there are many buildings which have been abandoned. If you can find one that isn't in too bad of a shape, you can claim it as your home." The bard smiled, scooping the last of his stew onto the last bite of his bread and finishing his meal. "If you find a place that suits you, I can try and help you fix up any problems with it, or introduce you to people who can," he offered. "And speaking of introductions... I take it you made this?" he asked, lifting the figurine in its unfortunate shape. "Are you a woodworker or carver, by chance?"
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Age: 28 | Height: 175 cm (5'7) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305
Sascha gave a happy and slight tired smile of approval since he actually had ALOT to process already, no doubt. He thought that once he had started to figure out the basics he would happily ask for even more information. It was like being back in schooling again which he had thought was in the past til now. After all back home he had learned all the important information i had needed to know, sure there was ALWAYS more to learn, but at least he had learned enough to not be seen as stupid back home. Now he was back in the schoolroom and to his own surprise he felt eager to learn again. Maybe it was because he HAD to learn to survive here but in any case he wanted, as per always, to be good in what his new existance was. "I will ask more then as i have processed all i have heard this far then." He smiled as he without any complaints nommed the doughy bread.

He listened to Jigano with a more calm smile, like his despair from earlier hadnt existed at all now and got VERY surprised to hear that Jigano himself had once learnt how to eat with chopsticks. Wow.. it was indeed surprising! But then again he had never been at another place then china and couldn't for the life of himself figure out how one was even supposed to start learning eating in other ways. But he had time to learn this he hoped. "I take it's not very common here though? I will probably look even more as a child when learning your way of eating then i already look now." He smirked amused and was semi joking and semi meaning with his words. All outlanders was probably looked upon a bit like unknowing children at first right?

He dug into his stew that had been able to cool a bit and even though the taste was a bit bland he had no complaints whatsoever. It was nourishment after all but it did form a thought in his head that he maybe could find something similar to make some sort of asian cousine in the future. Like... fish maybe? It felt impossible that this world wouldn't have any type of ediable fish right? He blinked a bit in surprise again as Jigano told him that one could just CLAIM a house that was abandoned. Wait.. so no buying at all? Just if there was an abandoned home you could claim it for free? This made him feel a bit bad over sleeping under a pelt since he got here.. but it wasnt like he could have known this beforehand..? "Ohh i have litterally been sleeping out in the open underneath a pelt.. Didn't know one could go and do that at all.. Thank you for telling me this! Maybe i will sleep somewhere a bit safer in a few day then. And i would gladly accept more help from you, maybe you even know someplace abandoned that would be suitable with some work?" He smiled, feeling alot more comfortable then he had ever felt since coming to this wierd world. As Jigano lifted up the beautiful angel figurine he nodded slightly as a reply followed by swallowing his food so he could take to speak. "Yes.. since i .. left the army i lived by myself in the woods back home. I have always enjoyed woodworks so i was kind of making furniture, fixing buildings and such to get by. And the figure carvings i have always find enjoyable which have helped me here the past days. Why do you ask?" He asked curiously as he looked at the other man.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Take your time," Jigano murmured with a patient smile. He was sure Sascha would have many questions as he spent more time in Caido, but answering questions was what Loreseekers did, and their Provost most of all. He would happily make time for the newest Outlander, and hopefully keep him alive long enough for the young man to get his feet under him and stand on his own. A healer, especially, was worth protecting. Caido could be a dangerous place, and the more people they had able to help out in the Infirmary, the better they all would be.

He tilted his head in agreement that the use of chopsticks was uncommon, smile turning a bit rueful. "You're the first I've heard speak of them," he admitted. "If anyone else has arrived from a world or culture where they were used, they've never said so, or used them that I've seen. And working here once or twice a week, I see most outlanders," he pointed out with a chuckle. "Though yours would be the first world I've heard of where forks are unknown," he added after a thoughtful pause. "Hopefully it won't take too long to pick up the skill."

"A pelt?" the bard asked, surprised. "Gods most fortunate, as hot as it's been I'm surprised you could sleep at all," he chuckled. "But yes, I've found a few likely buildings as I've wandered around. The best ones are already taken but," he shrugged, "even a poor one is a better place to start than the open. And at least there's plenty of time to fix a place up before the cold returns." Unlike those poor souls who had arrived in Deepfrost!

The explanation of knowing how to make furniture and fix buildings had Jigano's blue eyes lighting up, and he grinned at Sascha. "I'll show you the way to the Artisan's Guild tomorrow, then. They can probably help you get set up with a stall in their bazaar and maybe some materials to start with, so you can get your trade up and running here. Money isn't really something that exists in this Settlement. We tend to work with barter, trading in goods or skills or favors for food and clothes and furniture and the like," he explained. "A trained carpenter will have no trouble making deals, since that's a craft that's in high demand here."
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Age: 28 | Height: 175 cm (5'7) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Sascha had no idea yet exactly how dangerous Caido could be so he had no clue on what was going through Jigano head right now. That would be the part of keeping Sascha alive in this place. The spoon was very awkward to use but not impossible. In china all was eaten with chopstick and if there were soup you kinda drank it straight out of the bowl. Weird how different all could be, right? "Well we only use chopsticks and if one have soup we drink it straight out the bowl. We have knives ofcourse but we dont really use it to eat with, just to chop up the meat and veggies while cooking." He smiled a bit amused before taking a big sip from his whiskey again without making a face what so ever which was kinda telling that he was used to strong alcohol. "I am sure it will not take to long to get used to this though" He smiled. If there was a will, there was always a way right?

Sascha listened once again to what Jigano said and nodded in agreement. "I am not picky, i mean; i have been sleeping under a pelt after all. And if a building have good bones its not to hard to fix it up. It will take time but i'm feeling that time i do have. Besides i have you to help me so i feel it will go pretty smoothly." He looked gratefully at Jigano. It had been very nice of him to offer to help and he felt incredible grateful over all of this. He got treated food, help of all kinds so he felt VERY fortunate. He couldn't have imagined how hard it must have been to come here during the cold seasons.. He was indeed having luck on his side.

He literally felt a bit overwhelmed, he had gotten so much help it was almost ridiculously lucky.. And now again he got some very good help which made him to start feel a bit emotional again. Not as the despair he had felt earlier but from the goodness he had been treated with ever since he came here. It made people rise up on a high pedestal for him because he had yet to find one person that didnt treat him well. His emotional state was showing in his tear glimmering eyes he had fixed upon Jigano and it showed him exactly how grateful Sascha actually were.

"I feel so lucky to have met you.. You have my sincere gratitude over all of this." He said honestly with a voice that was about to crack but that he managed BARELY to hold in place. He may be stuck in a new, scary world but this had really lifted his spirits.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"Ah, I believe even in Tian Xia they have spoons and forks," Jigano murmured, trying to think of a single sentient culture from his world that hadn't at least invented spoons. "Though not having knives at the dinner table is certainly an effective way to keep peace at mealtimes!" He wasn't too worried about Sascha learning the new ways quickly, though. "I don't really see why you couldn't keep using chopsticks if you wanted to," he offered, returning the young man's smile. "You don't have to abandon your past, after all, unless you want to."

"Help I can offer, but it is unskilled," Jigano pointed out wryly. "I'm a bard and a lorekeeper, not a carpenter or stonemason. But I can carry things and clean things and hold things steady, at least." He was stronger than he had been, at least. Helping Rory around the farm had helped him gain back some of the muscle he had once relied in magical enchantments for, before his journey through the portal to Caido had stripped them all away.

Sascha's gratitude softened the bard's smile, and he placed a hand over his heart, nodding his head deeply an acknowledgment. "You are very welcome, Sascha. If I had not found good people to help me when I first arrived, I would have had a much more difficult time. Helping other newcomers is my way of balancing the scales. I hope that, once you are settled and have found your place here, that you will be able to help those who come after you, too, some day."
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Change author:
"Oh don't get me wrong; we do have spoons at least but they are more for making the portions then to eat with to be honest" He quickly added as the whiskey had started to make him feel more comfortable and not so cautious as he normally where to not accidentally offend Jigano. It's not like he was cautious all the time but he didn't wanna rudely interrupt someone helping him out the first he did. Then again it wasn't like he interrupted Jigano now either, more replied during the times where Jigano actually had finished what he wanted to say. He then laughed a bit amused over Jigano's little joke he made while finishing his portion of food as he listened to what Jigano continued with. Yes it was very true that it may be safer without sharp knives at the dinner table.

He took the words to heart and processed them a bit. It was true that he could craft some chopsticks to eat with since it was a very simple process and as long as he didn't offend the naturals there would be no problem with it for him. He then replied with a happy smile and nodded as he leaned back on the chair since the mysterious food coma always tried to hit him after such a large meal. He was full and happy right now which was well needed for once if the truth would be told.

He had that warm smile still on his face and it was clear as day that he appreciated the company he was in. " Any help at all is way more then i could ever have hoped for so I'm truly and sincerely very thankful to you. Thank you so, so much Jigano! And ofcourse i will carry your kindness with me and help as many people as i possibly can, it is the least i can do after all. And if you ever think of some other way that i can repay you with then don't hesitate to tell me." He let out a small, happy sigh before his black eyes met Jigano's again in a warm manner, he was so happy to have gotten a friend this early on. And he meant every word he had spoken; even if there would be a huge thing Jigano needed help with at any point he would not hesitate to help out, kinda like a "say the word and i will help" sort of deal.

The food coma worked away on his sudden sluggishness but he knew it would soon pass again and turn him to a more of an active talker again. One would have thought that 20 years of life would have thought him to not overeat but.. well.. yeah. He really looked forward by now to start his life for real in Caido. Not just struggling to not starve every night and actually get his own home, work and so on. "sorry i always get so sluggish when i overeat." He smiled in an apologizing manner while forcing himself back up on the chair to a more interessting position then hanging almost like a corpse on his chair.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"You are kind to offer as well," Jigano returned with a smile for his new friend. "If I find myself in need of a carpenter, I shall be sure to call on you!" He made a mental note to himself to ask Rexanna for a proper blanket to give the young man, though he wasn't sure when he would see the lovely lady again. Soon, he hoped, missing her cheerful practicality and soothing optimism. But he noticed that Sascha was grown weary, the whiskey and food working to relax and calm him, and tiredness seeming to settle over him as they talked. The bard clicked his tongue to himself at his rudeness, offering the newcomer a wry smile.

"But where are my manners? No wonder you're tired! You've had quite a shock recently. There should be an available bed or two in the Infirmary available; we haven't had any large accidents or illnesses recently, and occasionally a new arrival stays there if there is room, until they can find a proper home of their own." Or close enough to one, the bard being an outlier in that regard, who had never claimed a building for his own, though he now spent some of his time out with a certain farmer. "If you'd like to get some sleep for the night in a safe place, I can show you up there now? And if any of the Healing mages are there, I can introduce you," he added with a smile. It was getting late enough that Vervain was almost certainly home with her baby by now, and he couldn't remember if anyone with magic was currently on night shift. It was getting close to the time when he was supposed to perform as well, letting music and tales fill the Rathskeller to entertain the regulars and those in from the outskirts for an evening at the bar.

He tilted a nod to the serving lad, who hurried over to collect their dishes and utensils with a harried bob of his head before hurrying away, too busy to stay and chat now that the bar was filling up.
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Change author:
"You better!" he jested tiredly with a smile aimed at Jigano. After all his kindness he looked forward to be able to help Jigano out as well, it was literally the LEAST he could do after all of this. He blinked a bit in chock over how noticeable his sudden foodcoma had been and gave a nervous laugh after Jigano's suggestion. Yes he wouldn't mind at all to get some rest to be honest but he felt a little rude getting so tired so early in the evening. Sure he had had it rough with learning everything, crafting, scraping for food and all of that but he felt a bit embarrassed that he couldn't seam to keep his energy up more when meeting a nice new friend. " Yes i would love to, I'm sorry for getting so tired! Its just haven't been all that easy to learn all the new things in this world. I've been up all nights working on payment items, gotten lost wherever i go and just trying to learn. It can be a bit exhausting." He said honestly with a smile towards Jigano. He lifted up his glass and finished his whiskey before he stood up while trying to hide a yawn behind his one hand.

He gave the serving boy a thankful smile before he stretched out his tired body a bit where he stood in his chinese clothing that really didn't fit into his new existence. "After you my friend" He said with a tired smile towards Jigano as he collected his belongings.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"I'm amazed you're awake right now," Jigano chuckled, his smile warmly understanding. "Learning on its own can be exhausting, as the mind tries to sort and remember all of the things being fed to it. And you have been learning a lot in a very short time. And not getting much sleep, it sounds like." He clucked his tongue disapprovingly, but it was a gentle chastisement. He believed that Sascha had been working hard to survive in this new world, and sleep had been low on his priorities. "You don't want to get sick before you get settled in!"

"But if you do get sick, I can at least show you where to go for treatment," he added with a smile, rising and collecting his things. Sure, he would be back soon enough, but he was not so trusting as to leave anything valuable sitting out unattended. "Follow me, friend Sascha, and we'll get you squared away for tonight, at least."

The bard led the way up the stairs and into the Temple, pointing out the Shrine off the to side as he led Sascha back towards the Infirmary. Vervain had, indeed, gone home for the night, but he introduced the new Outlander to the nurses and left him to get settled with a bow and a smile - and a reminder to come find him in the Atheneum - the big building with a hole in its side and all the books - when he was rested and ready again.

{Fin}