OPEN | Magical Mishaps
Arick Fonteneux

Age: 38 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Jyoppi Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Magic can often have its downfalls, despite all the benefits it seems to provide as well. One, for example, being thrown through a portal into an alien world. The last Arick could remember, he and his brothers were standing in a triangle formation attempting to summon a powerful entity, but naturally magic can sometimes have a mind of its own. The events played through his mind as he lay on the ground for a few moments watching as some tiny critters scurried on the ground.

Out of all the thoughts that kept fluttering in his mind, a glimpse of what happened before the portal brought him through peered through and gave him some insight. The faint sound of all three of their voices came in as the spell they used to open the portal began to recall itself in his memory, and then left just as quickly.

Coming to, his vision blurred by the impact of the fall out of the portal (seriously, can't these things at least nicely drop a person off?), Arick sat up and leaned himself against a nearby rock, trying to make sense of everything. Here he was now, in a strange world, not sure about if he was still in the same universe or not, or if this world has entirely different laws that govern itself.

"Where.....where am I?" Arick quietly murmured. Nobody seemed to be around, and the only thing in his immediate vision was a tall spire that ominously stared down the young witch. One would think that for someone who spent time literally tracking down his past relatives to protect their bloodline from extinction he should find this situation unnerving, but to have a portal open up and choose to throw Arick through was not what he had planned for today. Was it still the same day, for that matter?

He reached into his pocket, realizing that for some reason his cell phone had disappeared. Great, now even if there was cell service he sure couldn't get in touch with anybody now.

Great.....just great....

His vision began to clear up and he now could get a better look at his surroundings. The bright sunlight didn't help much, causing him to squint to not blind himself. Other than the spire being a scar on the landscape, it looked rather beautiful around him. At least this wasn't like the time he got sent into another world that was hell. Literally.

Arick stood up, wiping down his jeans to wipe the dirt and grass blades that tried to embed themselves in the fabrics. His shirt, a lavender and navy blue toned button up, seemed to already show an aversion to the heat, causing Arick to begin perspirating slightly.

God I hope there's air conditioning here...

He wiped his brow, now wondering what to do next. With nobody seemingly around, he looked around and noticed what appeared to be a settlement in the distance. It would be quite a walk, but he figured the best way to at least get information was to start looking for civilization. He heaved a heavy sigh, wishing that this was a more convenient situation and began walking towards the settlement, hoping maybe he could find the answers he was looking for right now.
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Age: 28 | Height: 175 cm (5'7) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305

Sascha had as per always been out scouting the area, still tried to learn as much as he could about this wierd, new world. Talking to the townspeople which seamed to mostly have two moodsets when it came to outlanders but still not anyone that straight out hated him yet. Maybe it helped that he wasn't quick to stir up things and held the conversations friendly, who knows? In any case he had slowly started to memorize more and more about the new life he had been forced to live and wasn't just as stressed out and in despair as he had been in the very beginning. Even if he had only been here about a week or two. He wasnt sure exactly how long since the time seamed to flie whilst learning new things.

He had even helped a few people out which have earned him some new, more fitting to this world clothing in the color black. Well... non color black to be precise but black none the less. Feeling quite proud of himself still he had ventured out to find more of that darkred wood he had started a bigger project with which seamed to be a bit tricky to find which had given him some grief a few days now. But he did'nt give up hope, today was the day he would find more! The Axe he had stuffed in his belt which made a pleasant sound as he kept on walking. A small metallic ringing was the best way he could describe it as.

Ha was quite far from the town when he saw a odd looking man that seamed to be heading towards the town he himself just had left. Odd how? Well his clothing. It didn't look to belong here and neither where he was from? He didn't know much about the clothing outside of China though to be honest but he had never even caught a wiff out of whatever fabric his pants where made out of. Was he perhaps an outlander as well? Was he new here? Considering his clothing Sascha would say yes to that but it could also be someone holding on to their past life. It was risky but hey! He had an axe right?

As he came closer the man he slowed down his steps to wait for them to be close enough to speak to each other. Right speech.. English was safest wasn't it? All here seamed to speak it mostly and mandarin seamed the less viable choice. With that thought in his head he raised his hand in a greeting as a smile popped up on his face. "Hello there!" He started as a cheerful greeting while obviously investigating the man in a try to be more sure that he was not from here. He failed. All he could do was to guess on the matter. "Are you lost?"
SASCHA
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Arick Fonteneux

Age: 38 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Good God, this heat is unbearable...

Demons, warlocks, darklighters? No problem at all for Arick. But, he was never one to enjoy sweating. Too gross for him. Nevertheless, he wiped the sweat that now began to sting his eyes and noticed a figure in the distance that seemed to be approaching him.

He unbuttoned the top two buttons on his shirt, hoping it would allow some cool air to cool him off somewhat, though he knew it would be pointless considering the walk he had to his destination. Why couldn't the portal drop him off in a colder climate?

Within what seemed like moments, more details about the man seemed to become clearer, as Arick noticed the man begin to slow down the closer they were to each other, and eventually the two stopped when they were within speaking distance.

He thought to himself, "Who is this?"

Before his brain could start going off into paranoia park, though, Arick saw the stranger seem to smile at him and wave in greeting, which alleviated Arick's mind and allowed him to be more relaxed now that he knew this wasn't some bandit trying to rob him. Then again, he could just use his powers (at least he assumed he could) if they attacked.

Arick stopped and smiled back at the man in front of him and chuckled in response, "Well, I just came out of some portal so, yeah I'd say I'm lost." He winked in jest and continued, "My name's Arick, and I literally just got here so I really don't know where to even start."

Arick looked past the man towards the settlement and pointed at it, "Are you from there?"

So far things seemed to be going well. Arick wasn't getting a fireball thrown at him and although he was a little leery about any strangers he encounters, this guy seemed alright.
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Age: 28 | Height: 175 cm (5'7) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Sascha wasn't really good at well.. much.. except archery and craft. He was touche able to heal people as well but only minor injuries this far so it wasnt much of a help quite yet right? He assumed he could get better at it tough but had yet to find out how so to say he was a dangerous man was so wrong it was amusing. What was he supposed to do if attacked? Heal the attacker and shoot arrows without a bow? Seamed a bit uneccecery to him to be completely honest. And that he naivly thought the best of people didnt really help either so one could thank the gods that this man seamed decent this far. Honestly; his luck had been supreeme the short time he had been on this world so he couldn't really complain. But maybe it was dumb of him to press his luck much further? Who knew!

As the smile was greeted with just as a friendly smile, Sascha lit up like a candle in a purely dark room. The response was so intense it could be compared to a sudden bright light after being trapped in complete darkness for a week. It was highly welcoming and one could easily see that Sascha meant every smile he gave. Kinda like a small but warm teddybear. The woodchopping axe made a delicate noise as Sascha switched his position a tad but ofcourse without any hand even near the "weapon" telling that it was not meant to fight with, only gather.

He didnt know why he got surprised over to hear this man just had gotten out from a portal and his surprised well.. surprised him haha. He had kinda gotten the feeling and STILL he got surprised. Maybe cause the man was more collected then he himself had been as he popped into this world. His friendly smile did not get weaker, more the opposite as he opened his mouth to speak once again. "Well you are handeling it way better then i did, that's for sure! Name is Sascha, nice to run into you Arick!" He greeted before his black eyes for a moment looked towards the town he had recently left in hunt for craftingmaterials. He then looked back at the man and shook his head a bit amused. "I myself are not from this place and i have yet to set up a proper home so i guess i don't really belong anywhere just yet. I fell into this.. existance one to two weeks ago and are getting to terms to all of this still. But still; I am hiding out in that town for now so in a way i guess you can say i come from there?" The thought struck him which made him furrow his brow a bit since he didn't know if he could say he was from that town or not.

"I was out to find some more wood but if you like i can put that to the side for now and help you out? I really don't mind, i know how strange it all is in the beginning.. well still are.. Where are you from Arick?"
SASCHA
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Arick Fonteneux

Change author:
Maybe it was Sascha's overall demeanor from showing to be quite friendly, and for Arik definitely easy on the eyes, so that helped too, but Arik began feeling a sense of comforting assurance that Sascha wasn't someone who had malicious intent; truthfully Arik was hoping to meet someone who was helpful. Where he's from, not every stranger is necessarily the friendliest person, as usually most tend to think everyone has an ulterior motive.

He felt a little embarrassed, and he felt like he looked a tad crazy with the noticeable difference in attire. Already he could tell this definitely wasn't the 21st century, if he was even still on earth. Arik never liked being the single person in the group who looked different. Being singled out always accelerated his anxiety. But, at least based off what Sascha told Arik, at least he could say he was already at least more together considering the circumstances.

Arik smiled brightly back as Sascha continued to explain about how he wasn't from here either. Although that did disappoint Arik a little bit, just due to the fact he wanted to find out where he was, he shook the thought aside and was just happy he at least already met a friendly soul. He wasn't wanting to stop the young man from his task at collecting wood, he cleared his throat and said, "Oh no, you don't have to stop on account of me." He paused for a moment, though, trying to figure out how to explain where he was from.

"Well, let's just say I come from another place and time." He smirked, curling the edge of his right lip and slightly chuckled under his breath.

"What about you? Where are you originally from?" Arik shifted his weight to his left foot, not realizing he must have at least strained his ankle as he could feel a slight twinge of discomfort on his right side, causing a slight grunt to come from his mouth.

He thought to himself, "Great, now I have to walk still. I guess it's safe to say cars don't exist here..."
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Change author:

Sascha couldn't help but to interestingly look at this taller man as he talked with a slight mezmeration over simply how handsome he was. He had always been fascinated in people of different looks than what had existed in China, and couldn't help to draw in the visual of these people since he had seen no such thing before. He came from an older era on earth where it was hard to see someone with a different look then where he had been from. Trains, cars, planes and things like it didnt really exist where he was from. And the nice sale wasn't something to frown upon either! When he noticed he stared a bit to obviously on Arick he gave a apologizing smile cause where he was from it was a bit rude to just stare.

As he spoke again Sascha replied with shaking his head with a smile since the wood really didn't just pack its stuff and wandered away, he could continue this at a later time after all. "It is no problem, i promise you that" He said with a honest smile before he listened to what he next said and as he listened he understood why he said what he said. After all it was not an easy task to explain where one was from, not here in Caido at least. For all he knew Arick could be from another universe that had just as much new things as this place had. As the question turn around back at him he smiled again, not wanting to confuse Arick with a long explanation but still wanted to tell him at least from where he was. "Im from a 18th centeruary place called China on the planet Earth. This place is... different to say the least so I'm still learning what it takes to live here." He said while his eyes and ears noticed the pain Arick seamed to be in where he shifted his weight over to the left side.  

"Are you hurt?" He asked with a tad of worriness to his voice as he started to walk closer towards Arick with his black eyes looking at the damaged leg. Without a further statement he just like that sat down on his knees next to the damaged leg while investigating it slightly. Not a thought in the world that Arick might be uncomfortable with a stranger randomly sitting down by him. He rolled up the sleeves of his new shirt before placing his hands on the damaged leg carefully to not hurt Arick further. A second passed before a bright light emerged from Sascha hands and just like that; Healed the injury.

He let go of the now healed leg and stood up, brushing the dirt of his pants with a small smile. "I might not be very good at fighting but at least that should have fixed your leg." He smiled looking up at the tall man again before turning his bag around on himself and fished up a parcel containing some food and handed it over to Arick. "I take it you don't know at all when the last time you ate were either?" He said happily. When he had arrived here he had been starving and he himself had gotten help from a man named Are which most likely had saved him from starving to death. It just felt right to offer some food to a man in a similar situation right?
SASCHA
Arick Fonteneux

Change author:
Arick hoped his grunt hadn't alerted Sascha, as he hated having anyone worry about him, especially a stranger he just met. He already liked the young man standing in front of him. There seemed to be a connection between the two, though maybe it was just the excitement of meeting someone in this strange world. If Arik was completely honest with him, though, he really did want someone to help him, but Arik's overly considerate side prevented him from outright asking.

Seeing Sascha smile towards him was reassuring that at least it wasn't an issue to help the stranded witch; though, were there such things as witches here, or does everyone have magic? He hated speaking cryptically, but in his world you had to just to keep yourself from being vanquished by any force of evil, and evil knew how to masquerade as forces of good to trick many good-hearted individuals into either giving up their powers, their lives, or both.

As Sascha explained more directly where he was from, more so than Arick, Arick's eyes lightened up with a flurry of happiness, it was as though he just met a long lost sibling. Before he could really respond and open up more to Sascha, though, his attention turned to his leg, now noticeably a tad more painful. He must have injured himself worse than he thought, though it was odd the pain just now started. Arick started thinking, realizing he made a noticeable expression of pain "I really should have been more subtle...I don't want him worrying.

Before Arick could brush it off as just a slight discomfort that he could walk off, though, he watched as the young man sit down on his knees, seemingly investigating it like a nurse. It intrigued Arick just due to the fact it was someone he just met who acted like a friend wanting to make sure their friend was alright. Quite noble, Arick thought.

In the next moment, Arick then watched as the young man's palms lit up brightly with such a pure light and the twinge of pain was now completely gone.

His mind exploded, "Is he a whitelighter?!"

Though trying to put on more of a poker face to not arouse concern, Arik failed miserably and a mixture of excitement, bewilderment and confusion sprung out, almost in a comical expression, and he jumped back on his heels in shock. Though when he looked at Sascha smiling, he felt bad for appearing to show a negative reaction and tried to change the expression to more of a calm appreciation, though right now he was still failing miserably.

He stood in one spot, his mind still exploding with every emotion on the spectrum, not anger though, just everything else. He allowed himself to listen to what was being said to him, though at this moment he was still fixated on the healing power that manifested just moments ago.

Trying to gather his words he stumbled out, "Wait, you," he paused for a moment, "You can use magic?" He couldn't believe it. He had only been in this new world for what felt like just minutes, maybe an hour or so, but he already felt less alone just knowing someone else would understand him, or at least to an extent; after all, how much can someone fully relate to someone who's from another century? Oh well, at least they were from the same universe. Sort of.

He continued, "In my world, that power is possessed only by beings who are on the side of the greater good." Just the one humble act by Sascha was enough for Arik in his heart to know he could trust him. Nobody who heals could have evil intentions.

"Oh, and, um," he cleared his throat and regained his composure a little bit more, walking closer to Sascha who was holding out some food for Arik; such an act of kindness from a stranger was rare to find in his world, sadly.

He hadn't realized he must have spent a lot of energy going through that portal as before he could respond back, his stomach vocalized its hunger before Arik could. He blushed slightly and said, "Well, apparently so," chuckling nervously and gladly taking the parcel from Sascha.

As Arick began to look what was inside, he noticed a small area nearby that looked like it was a good place to relax for a few minutes and get his bearings, plus he wanted to get to know Sascha more. He felt drawn to the young man, but maybe that was more his own weakness for asian men. Or maybe it was thinking he may have met another magical being. Either way, it was a plus for him.

"Hey, um, if you want we could go sit over there," he pointed at the area nearby behind Sascha, "And I could tell you more about where I come from. To be honest, I'm also from earth, but the 21st century. Plus I seriously need to eat something before I think about walking anymore."

Arick was never that great at flirting, he was always awkward. He just preferred to just talk to people. He actually hoped he could display his power to Sascha, but from where he came from he knew it was always best to save magic for when you need it. Act then, explain later if needed.
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Change author:

Sascha focus as he healed Aricks leg was sick at making sure it wasn't an injury he could not heal yet but became happily surprised when he noticed it wasn't a to big of an injury for him. He could only heal minor injuries as of yet but wanted to keep on learning. What was it one said? Practice makes perfect right? It wasn't until the injury was healed that Sascha now got flashed with the other mans emotions and it made him wonder if he might have gone overboard with the healing. It was a tricky situation; on earth he hadn't been able to show ogg his abilities cause of the risk of being hunted down for witchcraft and here at Caido there was a huge mix of feelings when it came to magic. Some people found it amazing while some had the complete other thought process in that matter.

Sascha gave a little nervous smile at first to try and say without talking that he didn't mean to scare Arick. Though as the chocked Arick then spoke he blinked in be-wilderness a couple of times before he realized that Arick wasn't having negative feelings over it at all. This almost made Sascha give out a sigh of relief, but only almost, instead he smiled brightly towards Arick. It was weird but he felt completely comfortable with Arick already even though they literally just met up. This was very rare for Sascha and even though he naively thought the best of everyone he came across it was in a way a different kind of comfortable. Maybe because he wasn't so naive to think that NOBODY would ever hurt him but naive enough in that sense that he saw a light in any human.

"Yes, i noticed it back on earth when i was really young though where i come from one can't really show it since it's looked at like witchcraft. Almost got caught which must have been the scariest moments of my life." And when Arick told him that the magic he used was a proof of greater good he couldn't help but to blush quite visible. Even though he tried his hardest to not get embarrassed over this statement he lit up like a boiled lobster and even gave a nervous little laugh over what he heard. He didnt know how to handle compliments after all, haha! " Well at least i try to be good" He said with a wide smile on his face that mixed charmingly with those red cheeks. Everyone had their bad sides after all but he really wasn't an evil human being for sure.

As Aricks stumic started to rumble Sascha experienced a clear as day deja vu since that had happened to him as well when he got transported here. So he just grinned understandably over how hungry Arick must be and as Arick came with the suggestion to sit down for a bit Sascha nodded approvingly. It was not a dumb idea at all. "Yes lets go sit down in the shade, i would love to know more about you!" He stated honestly as he started to walk towards the spot. And as he learnt that Arick also were from earth but in the future he looked nothing less than surprised at him. Wait.. so there was possible to come from any age of the same planet? He had litterally thought that there was only one time one could fall in here from, how did this all work? It was fascinating to say the least!

"So wait.. you come from the future? Wow.. what's it like during that time? Is there alot more people and horses? Or do you even use horses still? Is there a faster animal to travel on? You got me very curious to say the least!" He said excitedly as they got closer to the decided food spot. Sascha himself were kind of bad at picking up flirtations just like that, especially since he liked men and it wasn't a very.. good thing where he was from. Always have had him careful to not flirt much with males since he could get killed if he was unlucky. But how did it work here was the question? He hadn't really had a chance to ask such a thing, like.. how would one even ask it??

Well at the spot Sascha sat down at a piece of a fallen tree with his eyes curiously fastened on Arick. He wanted to learn so much about this man!
SASCHA
Arick Fonteneux

Change author:
An unfortunate side of Arick is that he can, at times, overreact to situations. Though, to be fair, he just saw magic being used in this both alien and familiar world. Seeing Sascha briefly display a bewilderment to his reaction helped to bring him back to being calm and collected, which is what partly caused him to ask about sitting down for a few minutes. That, and being surprisingly famished.

Arick hoped Sascha would want to sit down. Walking and talking was alright, but he really wanted to get to know Sascha. It felt nice meeting someone who, like Arick, had a good heart deep down and meant no harm to anyone. Though, in Arick's world, he often had to go in public with a very cold, stoic demeanor that many mistook for being a mean or malicious person. Maybe that's why relationships didn't work for Arick. That and the whole, [i]"Hey! I'm a witch!" thing. Not many mortals reacted well, and he had to learn the hard way it often required their memory of that event to be erased.

Seeing Sascha smile brightly reassured Arick even more of his ability to trust the young man. Hearing him tell Arick how his power was seen as witchcraft made him audibly chuckle for a brief moment, and he said in passing, "Been there!"

To Arick, Sascha was already becoming a fast friend to him. After Sascha's comment, Arick playfully winked at the young man, who was already noticeably blushing. He was happy that the two could sit down and get to know each other, now that it was apparent they were definitely in a strange world.

Hesitant to reveal too much, though shortly realizing at this point it won't really affect anything, Arick took a moment to try and form together how to explain the future.

As his mind began organizing the best explanation, Arick simply said to Sascha, "Come, let's sit down and I'll tell you everything about me." He ended it with a happy tone, walking briskly to the place which was really maybe 30-40 feet ahead of the pair. A couple of rocks jutting from the ground provided a good place to sit down, and the skies above were clear enough to at least be a pleasant day. As Arick began to get himself situated on the two rocks, he watched as Sascha chose to sit down on a piece of a fallen tree. Even in this world some things still looked familiar.

Clearing his throat again, Arick sat down on the grass at the foot of the rock, leaning back against the stone. He bent his right knee and let his left knee stretch out as he relaxed his posture, allowing the beads of sweat to show on his chest, now having to unbutton the third button, revealing his undershirt (more like a tank top). He looked around for a moment at his surroundings, making sure the two were alone and not being watched, and he proceeded to open the parcel of food the young man (witch? whitelighter? neither?), gave him just a few moments earlier, though he really just wanted to talk. Although the shade did help to dampen the effects of the heat, he still knew air conditioning would be one of the first things he'd miss about the century he was from.

"Let's see, where to begin." He took a few moments to carefully choose how to start. There was a lot he wanted to say, but he knew he needed to restrain himself.

Clicking his tongue a few moments, Arick began, "Well, the world definitely would look a lot different from your time. China is currently one of the major world powers, and," he decided to steer away from current events and wanted to focus more on the magical side.

He continued, "Well, let's just say we have moved past horses and can now travel much faster. To be honest, the last thing I remember was my twin brothers and myself standing in a triangle formation. In our world, we're the grandsons of the most powerful forces of good the world ever knew, forces powerful enough to vanquish the source of all evil, multiple times over," he took a moment to look directly at Sascha and said, "I'll explain that later," in a more passing tone and continued without taking another pause, "In my world, that power you used to heal my leg is normally used by beings we call Whitelighters, guardians of witches essentially. Usually they'd just teleport us out if we were in danger, but I don't imagine you can do that."

He playfully winked and stuck his tongue out. He cleared his throat again and continued once more, "My brothers and I were.." his mind drew a blank. It was as though the very memory literally was deleted out of his brain, as before he could tell Sascha what happened moments before the portal opened, he forgot what he was going to say.

"Um," he swallowed. "Weird. I...can't remember." He darted his eyes back and forth for a second. "Guess I'll tell you later. But anyways," he shook his head and brushed off the thought. He wanted to tell Sascha about his power. But in his mind he kept wondering if it was possible they could still be someone who secretly had ill intentions. He chose to keep silent about that for now, at least until he knew how Sascha reacted.

He nervously chuckled and smiled at Sascha, "How about you? I'd love to hear where you've been all my life." He winked and grinned playfully at Sascha, realizing he probably should hold off on the playfulness. He quickly learned in his time that sometimes that backfired really fast.
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Change author:

Yes to find any bad bone in the young Sascha had been proven difficult in the past and there is not like that had all of a sudden changed. He had been known back home as a pure-hearted soul, always helping out but to nobodies knowledge he also bailed from the war. Why? First off he wasn't very good at fighting and second he had been feeling awful hurting his opponents even though they had been (In chinas eyes) the bad people. Simply put; He just really didn't find any joy in hurting anyone.

So as he met new people, like Arick, he instantly wanted to help them out however he could with no real concern if it crashed with his own plans. For Sascha the helping part would always be more important. As he sat down on the cool log he looked very curious to hear what the future earth would work. Heck, as stated he had no clue it was even possible to come from different eras of the same world.. but to be fair.. he hadn't thought it was possible with portals at all til he fell into one.

As Arick mentioned that China was one of the major powers of the world he looked chocked to say the least. Only reason he could speak english was thanks to months and months of travel for his teacher to get over to china by boat. It wasn't really very normal that foreigners plopped into China in his era. China had its own system and mostly fought with the neighboring lands without much concern other than that. And to now hear that they gotten so far was stunningly chocking for someone like Sascha. He stayed quiet though without interrupting Arick and listen to the stories quite caught up of it all. Sascha thirsted for knowledge so this was indeed very interesting for him to listen to. He kept listening almost in a trance, trying to put all what he heard into his brain when a sudden wink caught him off guard.

His eyes widened in surprise as the redness from the last shyness came back at full sail. It was odd perhaps but he started to feel he was flirted with a bit.. maybe he was just imagining it though? He let out a nervous little laugh of well meaning as he scratched the back of his head as he kept on listening to what else Arick had to say, while secretly struggling to keep the red off his face. And it didn't help when the last question came to pass cause it was clearly flirting which tended to not erase the redness he so much wanted gone. He was a bit of a nervous flirter and as stated in China he would probably get killed for liking men if anyone found out. And it certainly didn't help that this was a HANDSOME man flirting with him. Though he didn't look disgusted over the fact, just very blushy but still with a friendly smile upon his face.

His heart had skipped a beat to be completely honest but he was trying his hardest to ignore that fact. He cleared his throat to try and not start swooning or something like it, let's be honest; It's not like many men flirted with him where he came from. Nobody really dared to after all. With sparkling eyes he looked at Arick though with a small smile, showing his appreciation over it all and with a small flirtation showing in his face. A clear sign that he was far from used to things like flirting. Was he gonna do a small joke perhaps? Yes. "Ive only been a couple of centuries away." He couldn't help to laugh a little over his own bad joke before he kept talking. "I've been.. well... it's a bit of a long story. Grew up in a wealthy family, got sent to the wars which i left and couldn't return home cause i caused shame in my family, lived in the forest as a carpenter and fell into a weird glowing light which lead me here. To put it simple. Let's see.. i am not a very good fighter but I'm very skilled in archery and crafts which have made me survive this far. But sadly i don't think my past is at all relevant anymore.. All that i was back home is gone since once you get here there is no way back. At least that was what i was told.."

He leaned back a bit on his palms where he sat on the log and got a thoughtful face for a second or two. He didn't like to spring harsh truths on people, especially not people he liked but sooner or later he would learn it and who knew? Maybe that time would be an even worse time to learn that there was no way back? "I think it's just to start a new really. Was it planned to go here or was it an accident? Where you doing another form of magic as that portal appeared?" He had started to be a bit careful with his words, looking a bit nervous over how Arick would react to the news he had told him. Gods knew he himself had fallen into an asian bonepile on the ground as he learnt the harsh truth of this life. This made him swallow a bit and he had to ask the very important question; "You okay?"
SASCHA
Arick Fonteneux

Change author:
Though he was normally bad at showing how he liked someone, so far seeing Sascha blush again when he winked was a good sign. Good, that meant that he wasn't being a creep. What drew him so much to Sascha he really couldn't pinpoint, though perhaps it was partly due to a part of him wanting to protect someone so pure hearted. Usually he was used to such individuals being targets of the Source, though that was probably null and void now.

After feeling good that Sascha accepted his flirtatious advances, Arick sat back and listened to Sascha talk about his past. It was so surreal. They both lived but centuries apart, yet were having a conversation with each other. And both displayed magical abilities that would normally get them in a lot of trouble and danger, up to their lives being at risk for their power being seen by the wrong person.

Arick smiled and showed a caring expression as Sascha kept sharing about their family, their life in the forest as a carpenter, and falling into the portal. It hurt deep down that he probably wouldn't be able to return home. That meant he would never get to see anyone from his time, ever again. A tear swelled up and escaped his left eye, and Arick quickly tried to wipe it away, hoping he could just brush it off as dust or a bug.

Internally, he was upset and his mind began to wonder, "Adam....Alistair....I love you guys..."

His mind kept attempting to focus on Sascha as the reality of this being his new home settled in, though truthfully he just wanted to cry. No way back home? Not even magic can open the portal again? In his world, except for someone dead, magic could solve most issues, but the catch was making sure it was never for personal gain, or there would be serious consequences. But maybe in this world, Arick could just learn how to tap into the source of whatever magic this is in this world, even though already it appeared it was very similar to the magic from his world. Then again, maybe that healing power is just a universal one. Either way, Arick wanted to figure a way to get back home.

He took a few moments to wait to answer Sascha, he didn't want to choke on his own throat, feeling the emotions trying to come up. He managed to fight back tears as to not appear like anything was wrong, though he wasn't sure how much longer he could manage.

Nevertheless, he formed together the words to answer Sascha's question, and said in a somber, distant tone, "Well, truthfully I think we were attempting some spell that clearly required the power of three, but the portal was more an unintended consequence, I'm guessing, but honestly," he paused for a moment, "I don't remember much for some reason. I just..." Tears began to form in his eyes that he couldn't hold off. He tried to wipe them away quickly and then struggled, but continued, "I just hope," his voice cracked slightly, "I just hope my brothers are ok." he took a big breath in an attempt to bury the emotions so he wouldn't burden his new friend with his problems.

Sascha's question, though, broke his outer shell.

"You okay?"

In that moment, Arick lowered his head, keeping his eyes out of view. Memories of his childhood and life up until the portal flooded his head. The question asked was ironic, no he wasn't okay. Not anymore. When he arrived, he just assumed he could figure out a way and he'd go back home. Granted, maybe there really was and they would figure out how to open it back up, but hearing that someone new here was already told it wasn't possible caused a surge of emotions he hadn't truly felt in a long time. He hoped maybe he was, once again, overreacting, and he'd be able to return home some day. Maybe even to the same moment he left.

Tears began to stain his jeans in spots. He felt really awkward now. One moment he's flirting with the guy. The next? Breaking down emotionally. Arick's definitely had a long day....

His shoulders shook up and down as the tears started to stream down his face, dropping off his chin. A silent cry, it was, though he could feel like his sadness was becoming greater. Could this be a dream, and he just can't wake up? He usually tried to be the role of the strong, successful type, stoic, almost emotionless. Obviously none of that mattered anymore.

Through the tears, he gasped and said in a raspy tone, "I'm sorry..I don't know where this came from.." and buried his head in his arms, drawing his knees to his chest.

Through a muffled, nearly muted voice, Arick pleaded, "There's...got to be a way, don't you think?" Deep down, he knew there most likely wasn't, as this wasn't something he ever experienced before. He's gone to other points in time, other universes, but those were with spells and had a limited time use, so at the end they ended up back in their time and almost the same moment they left. He never had to get thrown through a portal that randomly showed up. Portals sure are tricky things...
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Change author:

Sascha watched it happen, watched how the happy Arick turned in to a sad one and it truly broke Sascha heart. He may have told it as it was but he HATED to be the barer of bad news and already felt incredibly guilty. Heck not even guilty, he felt like he was the worst human there ever was or had been in the history of evil people. This showed incredibly clear upon his face as the blush faded away and got replaced with a paleness filled with horror. What had he done!? He witnessed the tear that broke out from the eyelid belonging to Arick and Sascha broken heart had been grinded into fine dust at this point. Soon he was convinced it would start crawling spiders inside his chest and webs would be forming soon thereafter. He felt like a truly awful person..

He just wanted Arick pain to go away and felt lost right now where he had problems figuring out exactly what to do. Why did he had to ruin such a nice meeting, couldn't he had waited to tell the news? But then again; was there EVER a time good enough for such news? he doubted that. As the breakdown continued its development Sascha couldn't help it anymore since this was way painful for him to witness. He stood up and hurried over to Arick, with not a single thought nor concern that they had just only now met he sat down next to him with a comforting arm around his shoulders. Held him close to show his support and in hopes to at least a tiny bit comfort the distraught man. Listened to his mournful voice in that raspy tone and just held him not sure what he could say to make it easier.

As the question slapped him in the face he felt a sting in his heart again while desperately trying to figure out a good reply. Should he be brutally honest or comforting? He leaned on the latter so snugged up close to him he forced out a calmish smile, well as calm as he could manage where he sat there comforting Arick. He new Arick could not see him as his face was hidden but it would help Sascha to force out some kind of optimism. "Well.." He started as he fixed Arick's hair a bit in a comforting way, like a display to show him that he didn't have to go through this alone. "Crazier things have happened hasn't it? I never thought i would fall into a magic portal and end up in a new world, but i did. Something tells me that the universe might have more up its sleeves than we can possibly imagine. So to state that something is truly impossible would be a bit naive, don't you think? I can promise you that i will try to find out for sure until my last day in life"

It was a bit funny to hear him calling something naive, even if Arick didn't know about that part yet. Cause if there was someone that should have a masters degree in being naive it was Sascha. But the promise was sincere and it made an honest smile light up his face. He bumped Arick's shoulder with his own in a caring way to try to make him surrender his hiding spot. "I promise."
SASCHA
Arick Fonteneux

Change author:

At first, Arick thought he would show up and figure out a way to get back, but now that he found out this is most likely not a possibility, he felt his whole world come crashing down. Seeing memories of the past with his brothers, growing up and hearing his grandma and great aunts recall their stories and escapades. When he was a child, he thought the stories were made up until his own mother told him about his heritage and who he comes from.

Now, here he was in a strange land that wasn't home to him, yet it seemed as though he had no choice but to make it his home now. Perhaps he could find others like Sascha who could use magic and maybe create his own coven, he thought. Surely witches existed here too if people can heal with their hands. Or, maybe Arick just has some new information to learn.

In his mind, he kept going over spells that could take you through time, maybe find some possible way he could break through into his world again and go back home. But, something in him felt a strange comfort as well. He hadn't realized during his breakdown that Sascha had gone over to him and was now trying to comfort him, Arick feeling the arm now draped around his shoulders. A complete stranger took the time, and seemed to honestly care about Arick. But why, he wondered. He barely knew this guy, though at the same time he really wanted to get to know him more. What a confusing mix of emotions.

He felt Sascha try to fix his hair and heard his soothing voice trying to comfort his spirit, and one particular phrase caused Arick to break out of his mindset at the time as it registered in his brain about the idea of there being some bigger reason.

His mind broke from the dark fog of sadness at the idea that, perhaps, the universe had a bigger purpose. It couldn't possibly be pure unfortunate coincidence that he and Sascha got pulled through the portal from their various times, and Arick assumed as well that others have probably been brought here too by the same portal.

Sascha bumping Arick's shoulder was enough to get Arick to raise his face back up, now wiping away the rest of the tears. He looked at Sascha when he heard him say "I promise," and managed a smile on his face, a weak one, but still a smile. His eyes slightly lit up and Arick reached over with an arm to embrace Sascha, wrapping his arm around Sascha's shoulders, resting his chin on Sascha's neck and Arick said in a quavering but grateful tone, "Thank you."

He released the embrace and took a moment to look at Sascha for a moment, noticing the honest smile and got lost in thought for a moment. Why was this young man taking this much time to make sure someone was okay?

Arick managed a bigger smile as he looked at Sascha and for a moment, forgetting he had just met him, started to try and lean in closer to Sascha, but quickly stopped and leaned back to where he was and in an embarrassed tone, he stuttered, "I-I'm sorry, I-" he cleared his throat, "I honestly almost kissed you..I'm so sorry about that," he almost buried his face in his hands again, really in disbelief over him almost kissing a perfect stranger.

"I can't be that easy, can I?" Arick's mind scolded.
Arick
Charmed, I'm sure.
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Change author:

Sascha just sat there, completely unembarrassed for once and comforted Arick during this harsh time. He had himself been there after all and not very long ago at all to. Sascha was one of those people that may be a bit hard to find. He really cared that all types of people should live well and feel good with their lives, he became happy when other people were happy and really sad if people were sad. He was the type of unselfish that seamed to be made up in the purest fairy tails but also as already stated very naive. Always thought the best of people which could make for some tricky situations to occur. It was weird.. he had always been this way and he even deserted the war to not harm other people. What did that really say about Sascha one could wonder?

And now he had ended up in a new and dangerous world that might not have only good hearted people running around right? Tricky situation for a teddybear like Sascha to exist in no doubt.

As Arick gave him that weak but more happy smile Sascha felt a wave of relief washing over him. He had helped some which was really the only thing that was important for him as stated. And what else was that he really meant it too; He would never stop trying to help figure it all out cause if it was important for his new friend it was also very important to Sascha as well. He smiled happily and hugged Arick back when that thankful hug came to him and it didn't really feel like they just now had met. It felt like they had known eachother for a good while already which didn't happen all to often.

He let go of Arick with a big smile on his face and looked at him. He looked much more cheery now and he was glad he could start pulling him up from the river of despair again. It was not a very fun river to swim in after all and it demanded a floating device to not make someone drown in that despair. Then something happened; Arick started to lean closer which made Sascha's heart skip a beat from this sudden situation. And as quickly as he stopped the action the redness had started to take over Sascha's face again. He listened to Arick's stuttering voice as it felt like the hot day already became 100 degrees hotter just from what almost happened there. Sascha swallowed a bit nervously as Arick hid his face in his hands again while Sascha's mind sought some type of sentence. He hated how easily embarrassed he always seamed to get over things like these, he shouldn't be by now. He was a grown up after all but still he felt overly flustered over these things.

He composed himself though and a smile lined his face again while he put a hand on Arick's shoulder to show him it was okay. "Don't worry about it, seriously it's okay." His smile became more secure cause hey! Grow up Sascha! He let go of Arick's shoulder and grabbed the parcel of food to open it and held it towards Arick again happily. "You should really eat something so you don't pass out from all of this overwhelming world. oh and i almost forgot.." He grabbed a hold of the water pouch from his belt and handed it over as well. It was insanely warm after all and he had no idea how long ago it was since Arick actually drank something. Better safe than sorry right?

Though Sascha's mind had of course started to wander after what ALMOST just happened. Sure; it was maybe a little to early of a thought to almost kiss a stranger but it hadn't been all that awful still. At least not for Sascha, well, more then that he had almost turned into an embarrassed spirit and evaporating into nothingness that is. Point was that he really never had a man almost kissing him before considering where he had come from. Not very smart to try and kiss other men when you could very likely get killed for it right? So the whole thing had been kind of exciting in a way even though nothing more really had happened. Just the feel of ALMOST getting kissed, even from a stranger, was undoubtedly exciting. As embarrassing as that might be in a way.

He was a bit hesitant with a question he wanted to ask Arick but thought that you only live once right? So after a slight, melodic humming he gathered his strength to actually ask the question. "So.. ehum.. Have you ever tried to kiss another man before? How much have that evolved in the future? On earth i mean."
SASCHA