Panflute at sunset
Kheelan Raine
Guard / Music maker

Age: 250 | Height: 5' (152cm) | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 0 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 6 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mad Hatter Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KHEELAN
It was a slow day, he had been on guard duty all day but absolutely nothing had happened if you didn't count a fox with cubs passing by and a  hedgehog walking about during the songs of birds in the cooling air of heat season slowly leaving. The birds' singing had made his soul itch for playing instruments again, but on duty you can't play or you'd be discovered at once if someone were to lurk in the shadows of the forest. He'd had to wait until now when his workday was over.

The sun was slowly heading towards the horizon, making all shadows longer and seem like they were engulfed in golden but Kheelan didn't mind at all as he walked down the streets of Sidh, there weren't as many people around now than during the middle of the day which was nice. Some seemed to walk past to or from work or perhaps home to their families, a few he was acquainted with and had given them a nod and a 'good evening' but nothing more than that.

Kheelan sunk down by a tree in the soft moss and leaned against the trunk at the same time he somewhat spread his wings about him so they wouldn't be injured, which made them glimmer in their own natural blue-green way in the slowly setting sun. He fished his pan flute up from the casing that rested on his left side in his belt,  a flute he had taken the time to make on his own to make sure it sounded just the way he wanted to.

Only a few tunes in, his heart opened up and delivered a tune that matched that of a stunning rainbow in the setting sun. It was like he poured his entire soul into every tone he played. His below the waist long, thick mahogany colored strands seemed golden in the soft breeze, which caught a few strands and played with them along with slightly yellowing leafs. Butterflies seemed to fly about him where he sat with his eyes closed, enjoying the tune his heart decided to play. He never quite knew what the tune would be until he began to play with whatever music his soul ached to play the most. Fae and people who had heard him play had given him the nickname "The soul singer" since both his voice and music playing seemed to speak directly to the heart for those who chose to listen.

Swords can only kill the heart it aims at,
but music can mend all hearts that listen.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
Bastien was pottering about tidying the guildhall, attendance having been lacking for a while. Perhaps it had been their new ruler making people nervous to associate with him, or maybe they were worried they might accidentally become a gathering. Either way, he had to keep the place looking good in case anyone did pop in to create. Inspiration could strike at any time after all, and the studio had to be ready.

He was just collecting brushes in a pot when he was stopped by the sounds of music beginning outside. A beautiful melody, played on...some kind of flute, he thought? Immediately he walked to the door, needing to find the source.

Outside he saw a man with...wings?! playing an instrument he had not seen before. Was this one of the legendary Fae...? He had only seen one briefly before at Fiat Lux, where he had been far more concerned with making sure Rexanna was alright. A new musician for the guild would be very good indeed, if the Fae could be convinced to join.

"Hey, you! Musician! That is a beautiful tune." He called out from the door. "Have you thought of joining a guild of artists like yourself?"
You standing beside me
I'm going to push back, push back, push back
With every word and every breath
Kheelan Raine
Guard / Music maker

Age: 250 | Height: 5' (152cm) | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
KHEELAN
Kheelan was playing from the heart and came into the music so deeply that everything around him disappeared except for the sunset itself. It felt like an inner glow beamed from his heart and flowed through the music he played, it happened every time he put an instrument close and played it. It was like something inside of him lead the way and chose the tones for him.

For a moment or two, it felt like he was just uplifted by this inner glowing light, everything around him faded and became meaningless while he played. It didn't matter what sorrows his heart carried just then and there, it was like his very soul found the inner peace it needed for just that moment.

Suddenly it felt like someone yanked him back from this inner peace by calling out to him. He jumped, clearly startled as he met eyes with one of those humans he had learned they were called? Originally they had come to be known as the outsiders or the tall people, this man seemed to perhaps be one of them?

Kheelan hesitated a bit and furrowed an eyebrow at the man. They had guilds too? Interesting indeed. But, why did he want Kheelan to be in it? Kheelan shrugged one shoulder, making the wing on that side glimmer in the setting sun again.

"No, I haven't really? What does it mean to be a part of one?"

He wasn't sure if guilds here had the same purpose and thought behind it as they were in Greatwood, so he figured he'd better ask. If anything he might just as well get more information about these humans which he figured this man must be. The more information the more you'd know later on if something was to happen. At least that's what his guard-instinct told him even if he currently had a few days of from his duties. His teal colored eyes glimmered like water in the sun on a summer day while he watched the man.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
Kheelan simply could not have asked a better question for Bastien to make his pitch. He smiled widely and approached closer, holding his hands out in a welcoming gesture. "I am so glad you asked, my friend!" He pointed back to the door of the guild, it's painted frame and colourful inside. "You see, in there I have many different instruments. Flutes, drums, strings! Anything you could desire. But even better than that, I have other artists and musicians, just like yourself!"

He sat by Kheelan. "You see, I am the guildmaster...though, I don't care for that title. I am the father of this Artist's Sanctuary. Here, artists may gather and share their skills and lives with each other. Inspire, live and create. You have full access to all our supplies and building, as well as a whole new group of friends who love to make like you. We drink, make merry. All those things."

Bastien smiled and leaned in. "Does that sound good?"
You standing beside me
Kheelan Raine
Guard / Music maker

Change author:
KHEELAN
Kheelan listened to the man talk, he was practically beaming while speaking about his place. From the man's point of view it seemed this was the best place ever, Kheelan of course doubted it since this was one of those tall ones speaking. He was weary not only because the man was almost too sweet talking about the place. at the same time it seemed like this was a place for more people like himself when it came to music playing and artistry.

"I make my own instruments when I need them"

He replied hesitantly while having an argument with himself whether to follow the man inside to at least look att the place or not. He slowly rose from where he had been sitting. He walked with a straight back and elven pride just as he was taught as a young fae. He folded his wings back behind him while he let the pan flute rest in his left hand.

"If you did not care for that title, you would have presented your title in another way, would you not?"

Kheelan rose an eyebrow and met eyes with the man, clearly testing him and didn't even pretend to hide it. He still have a kind tone to his words even though they seemed harsh.

"How long do the people in this guild live? Are they all barrier folk or outsiders? Not many live too long. I have seen several die of age"

Kheelan figured there weren't much use to get into a guild if people died when he blinked. Not that he was an elder himself of course, there were fae much older than he was, but he wasn't a youngster either.

The fae walked up to the dark haired man and looked up at him, Kheelan barely reached the man's chest where he stood, but he was the same in presence. Kheelan didn't scare easily even though he should be sometimes. At this moment he didn't really feel threatened at all however.

"And... what do you gain by all this?"

He asked at the same time he seemed to glance towards the door to this guild place that the man had so passionately spoken of just now.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Bastien waved away the comment on instruments with a nod that said oh, of course, stepping towards his guild as Kheelan got up, happy to see at least some interest. A question about his chosen title stopped him and he laughed, shook his head lightly.

"I suppose you are right. But it is the truth of what I am, even if I feel it is far more formal than I am." While he liked to believe his spaces were equal, that no one in them was the leader...he was definitely the leader. He just preferred terms like 'father' or 'companion', things that didn't make him sound like he owned the guild and the people in it.

The next question was really kind of funny. Someone judging a guild by the longetivity of the people in it? What a morbid idea. "Ah. Well. I...believe all of us are Outlanders, at the moment, actually. As for how long we will live...I am Ascended, so I am likely to live forever, if I am lucky. Or at least, for longer than most. My love, Rexanna...she is not Ascended yet, but..." He smiled and shrugged. "Ah, maybe soon. Caiside and Seiji...I would like to imagine they have a while."

What did he gain? Bastien thought it so obvious he could not imagine anyone would ask. "I gain an artistic family. Inspiration, a space to create and to see the talents of the people. A place to relax. A community to help spread their vision. Does that not sound like heaven to you?"
You standing beside me