Cloister of Trials: Adam vs Are

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
THE
CLOISTER OF TRIALS
The doors rumble and grind as they rise up. Torchlights flicker upon the walls of what is best described as an underground coliseum - walls that are steep, and high. At their very tops, spectators can be seen peeping over the edge and cheering as they spot the latest combatants. Ah yes... before you is your opponent. The doors grind shut once more. Good luck!

Please post your entrance into your trial and your first action! (e.g. attacking instantly, wondering wtf is going on, saying hello to your friend, all of the above?)
Coding template by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Adam
Some things you do just to see how bad they'll make you feel
Sometimes you try to freeze time 'til the slots are a blur of spinning wheels

The door moved and Adam jumped out, holding his guns forward. He was ready to face whatever beast lay ahead, or obstacle course. Coffee was ready too, stood beside him with his best growling anger face on.

But when he actually looked around...the only thing in front of him was not a beast at all. It was Are, the man he'd met when drunk on his first week in Caido. He'd been nice then, and his appearance in the arena immediately threw Adam off.

He took a few steps forward. "Hey, man. You uh...you know what's going on?" He asked. If it was going to be a fight between them, he would have liked some warning, and he had questions. Looking up to the edge of the cliff, he yelled: "I'm not gonna kill him!"

But I am just a broken machine
And I do things that I don't really mean

Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:

Are
He was ready, rearing for a real fight. Armored in leather of all sorts, padded, boiled and raw hides he looked positively barbaric. A great beast of a man with a battered shield and a gleaming sharp hand axe ready to do battle and to finally have his mettle tested in proper combat.

As the doors start moving Are closes his eyes for but a brief moment. A moment of prayer, thanks to the Shepherd of the dead, Ferrier of the drowned, and his patron god. A prayer for Ludo to carry him swiftly should death take him, and to do the same for whomever he would be facing.

Out into the arena he stepped, shield already raised and ready for immediate action. But instead of a flurry of blows came a whole lot of confusion. "Adam?" Are blurted out and blinked a dozen times, not believing his eyes fully.

"Was 'bout to ask you the same..." he responded, shield still raised, but far less inclined to charge headlong into the fight. He owed Adam that much at least, maybe even a little love for those horrible boots also... No, focus, warrior, not cobbler. In the arena there was no cobbler from Midgård, only the warrior from Caido. A warrior that for once kept his mouth shut, in wait for a response to what could be a brash transgression on the good man's part.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Adam

Are stopped and spoke, but Adam was still surprised to see him as he was; prepared like a fighter in armour and with steely eyes. He stood determined, like he was actually going to fight - and Adam was scared of that. Not because he feared he'd get hurt himself, oh no. Because he didn't want to have to kill the kind cobbler.

"Hey, mate. Listen to me." He pulled a pistol from his hip and held it up. "Remember this? If you come at me, I will use it, and you will not walk out of here, I promise you. I don't wanna do that." Warning spoken, he took the other one out too, just to be ready in case Are did attack: he didn't want to hurt the other man, but he couldn't let himself die here either.

"You think we can work this out another way?"

Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:

Are
Those strange weapons he'd spoken about before, didn't seem all that menacing to Are, but if the time in Caido had taught him anything it was that assuming such things where a quick path to a shallow grave. No sudden moves, only a quick nod and a brow laid in deep furrows behind the helmet. Diplomacy hadn't exactly been his strong suit though. Not when he got there nor at that very moment in time, rearing for a fight, although, maybe not as deadly as he first thought.

How bad could it be though? Two seemingly benign pieces of metal, a strange mechanism, but no sharp edges nor any real heft to them unless held the other way around from how Adam was wielding them. Yet, the sincerity in his voice caught Are off guard, no sense of cocky bravado or any trace of a smile trailing from the statement. Just cold hard business.

There was no denying the crowd though, Are thought to himself and scratched his temple under the helmet and padded coif. An idea was taking shape, one he would have attributed to a certain fanged fighter had he not been a stubborn fool refusing to even entertain the thought.

"I don't think we're making it out of here, not without a little tussle. Hólmganga for the crowd, fight til one gives in, no arms or armor, what say you?" Are shouted across the arena and shining a smile of a fool who thought himself clever.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam

Adam could see Are's confusion, how he looked at the gun rather unimpressed, and he supposed if he was seeing a pistol for the first time he would be too; but he hoped with all he had the other man would come to the conclusion that he was worth believing.

WIth a sigh of relief at Are's offer, he nodded. "Yeah, alright. You gonna strip off, then?" He took both of his guns and passed them back to Coffee to guard, who curled protectively around them, then reached into his boot and took the dagger from there too, holding it up to show he was being fair and taking away truly everything. It was tossed back to join his guns.

As a child he had spent a lot of time scrapping on the streets, kicking and punching his way to respect. A bloody nose or a few bruises didn't scare him.

When Are was ready, he ran forward, planning to duck at the very last moment to catch him off guard then sweep his legs with a kick.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

The crowd was on the verge of rioting, so long did it take for the duo in the arena to actually get to the fighting part. And then when finally, one of them did make a move, it was very anticlimactic.

Adam would successfully sweep Are's legs from under him, sending him slamming to the ground and cracking his head on the stone, where blood soon started to well from the cut.

"FIRST BLOOD!" A Fae voice roared. "Adam wins the first round!"

Adam has drawn first blood and Are is knocked out of the tournament!