Cloister of Trials: Amalia vs Edrei

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
THE
CLOISTER OF TRIALS
The doors rumble and grind as they rise up. Torchlights flicker upon the walls of what is best described as an underground coliseum - walls that are steep, and high. At their very tops, spectators can be seen peeping over the edge and cheering as they spot the latest combatants. Ah yes... before you is your opponent. The doors grind shut once more. Good luck!

Please post your entrance into your trial and your first action! (e.g. attacking instantly, wondering wtf is going on, saying hello to your friend, all of the above?)
Coding template by Sky!
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:

Queen or no, Edy was here to fucking slay and play.

She didn't care who came out of the opposing hole, didn't care if they were prepared or not. A soldier at heart, raised in a compound where the singular focus was to make she and the rest of her kin into formidable weapons for the crown, Edy had been born to fight in a shit pit like this.

Assuming the doors would open at the same time, as soon as hers did Edy would rush forward with a wall of flame directed immediately at her opponent. Her intention was to disorient, burn, and as best as she could let whoever it was behind door #2 know just what in the fuck they were in for.

Edy shoots a wave of fire immediately at her opponent's door as it opens.
EDY
baby you should know what you're falling for
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
I knew that somehow I could find my way back
"What the-"

No sooner does the door open than heat breaks into the Shield's awareness, a dangerous burst of untamed flame blooming across the narrow space. Amalia's anxiety has not quelled by the time she enters the room; indeed, she feels as though she might vomit, or vanish, or vibrate down through the floor.

It is this anxiety which saves her, though, the tension in her body and readiness to spring leading her to react quickly to the unexpected wall of fire. With a cry of alarm the girl shrinks down, her body taking on owl form as she ducks behind her silver shield, hiding from the sudden onslaught of flame, confusion and alarm running rampant among her nervous thoughts. What is happening, and how, and why, and what is she supposed to do?

Not a fighter by any stretch, the baker is woefully out of her depth as she peeks back over the now-singed shield. The sight that meets her is more frightening than fire: Edrei, black hair wild and eyes like a nightmare, the memories of dances with death and fire and white lights flooding her mind. Anxiety is rising to panic, now, a terrified beat in her hollow chest. The last time she faced down the new-crowned queen the Shield of Safrin had, for a brief time, died.

What will happen now, today, when Edrei is in fact trying to harm?

Wings extend out into arms, fingers blooming from primary feathers as Amalia takes a human form, reaching down to grasp her staff. Fear is written on her face, but determination also, her eyes like coals. Amalia takes a step forward, and another, her body continuing to change, leopard fur like armor wrapping tight around her skin. Raising her staff as she nears the mage, the baker sweeps low and fast, hoping to catch her by surprise, to send her sprawling - or at least catch her off guard. The goal is not to maim or wound, but incapacitate, and if that fails, survive. All Amalia wants in this moment is to make it out of the Pit alive.
Then I heard your heart beating,
you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

Ah, what happens when two worlds collide...

Amalia's swing of her staff, whilst quick, whilst agile, is not quite enough to take down the fierly Launceleyn. In a spectacular beginning (in which absolutely nothing has happened), the two are once again at a stalemate.

How will they proceed?

Amalia dodged the fire, Edy dodged the staff. Go figure.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"Oooh guuurl." Edy cackles as Amalia emerges unscathed from the flames. The Launceleyn is a soldier at heart, fighting being one of her primary love languages. She isn't even a little mad to see feathers meld into skin that melds into fur (though she prefers Amalia's fleshier bits to be sure). Leaping backwards as the staff is flung her way, Edy nimbly handsprings backwards to avoid it, a bright white smile plastered on her face as she lands with a laugh.

"Where the fuck was all of this back at the thing, huh?" The thing being the time they all were royally fucked at the perch and Edy straight up murdered Amalia and then managed to help bring her back to life. Which, you know, the shield had never thanked her for not that anyone was keeping track even though she absofuckinglutely was.

Thrusting her arms out to create a wall behind Amalia to try and prevent her from running, Edy thrusts her nightmare magic towards the fur-wearing woman. Her hope is that whatever Amalia sees will be sufficiently distracting enough that Edy's wall of fire can close in around her.

Edy tires to make a ring of fire around Amalia then tries to push her nightmare magic on her, hoping it'll distract her enough for Edy to burn her with her flames.
EDY
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
The ease with which Edrei avoids her blow only sets Amalia more on edge, her teeth grinding as the younger girl grins and jokes, as though this were a game, as though the violence could be considered anything approaching fun. Where the fuck was all of this- "I was trying to keep us from hurting each other," Amalia growls through slightly fanged teeth, remembering keenly the stress of that night, the madness which overtook her companions eyes, her inability to dodge the blasts of magic from Edrei and Rory, the feeling of the world going dark. "And then I was dead."

And you killed me.

Erdei casts a fire behind her, but Amalia is not running. She swings again as the girl raises her arms, jabbing forward toward the firemage's torso while her mind reaches out for something, anything which might help. And there- another mind snags on hers, feline and vaguely familiar, and Amalia pulls. Help me, the baker mentally cries. Strike her back. Incapacitate, but don't maim.

She barely has a chance to get this out before something new strikes into her thoughts. Amalia freezes as her vision swims, and maybe it is the recent memories, maybe she dreams about it more than she thinks. Whatever the reason, the Shield of Safrin suddenly finds herself trapped inside that night, red light and frenzied eyes and vicious fire and death, her companions mad and turning on her as she struggles to save them only to fail, to fall, to fall, to fall...

The nightmare biting at her thoughts, Amalia staggers toward the fire, a howl ripping through her lips as her body shifts and contorts, the leopardess rising from her skin like a shield, an armor against the past.

Amalia attempts to jab at Edy & compel Bobi to attack. Then she begins to see nightmares of LongNight and staggers toward the fire, panic shifting to leopard form

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

It is a funny thing, a clusterfuck of chaos like this. Fire and nightmares, panic and shapeshifting, all of it combining in a merry dance that absolutely makes no sense, not even to the observers sometimes.

The fire closes in and Amalia is snagged by the nightmares. And yet - and yet, for all of her confusion, for all of the flames that try to lick and bite and taste... she is not touched by them.

No, indeed - instead, the staff jabs out, true and unkind, striking the fire mage hard enough to scrape and draw a bead of blood.

The crowd erupts into cheers.

"FIRST BLOOD!" A Fae voice roars. "Amalia wins the first round!"

By some insanity, Amalia has drawn first blood and Edrei is knocked out of the tournament!
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:

Eh, so she'd been hit. Tis but a flesh wound, bitches. Only...

The roar of the crowd stopped whatever snark or retaliation Edy might have had planned. "First blood?" She jeered back, hands on her hips. "The fuck kind of rule is that?" The Launceleyn had grown up in a compound where war-games were practically synonym with bedtime stories. If first blood was the objective, someone shoulda fucking said so.

"Pffffffffffffff." She scoffed, clearly annoyed that she'd been mislead by the rules of the game. Running a finger over the cut Amalia had left in her side, she pointed her bloody finger towards the onyx eyed girl, cat, bird, whatever, and grunted unhappily. "I'll knock your ass right back down if you get up on your high horse over this."

EDY
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
Amalia, too, is taken aback by the call of first blood, blinking through her nightmarish haze to find Edy seething and the crowd roaring, her nightmare rather come to life. Snarling up at the fire mage, the leopard lashes her tail, for a moment coiled as though to strike, anger and terror and trauma fueling her into something wild.

The the moment passes, and the cat exhales, and turns back into a girl.

Reaching down to grab staff and shield, Amalia snorts at Edrei, too tired from her adrenaline rush to try and still her tongue. "My high horse? You're the one who thinks we're heathens who need saving after living here for less than a year. Can't think of a higher horse than queenship, your majesty."