pissed planting
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Don’t go into the Woods, Wessex.

Protect the Woods, Wessex.

Why are you listening to a dead Fae, Wessex?

Y’all are bout to send her savior complex and perfectionism into overdrive, and the Wraith doesn’t have time for this mortal nonsense because she’s got a goddamn job to do. Several of them. Turns out putting together a fledgeling Kingdom mostly by yourself isn’t as easy as it seems. She can imagine that working one, where all the cogs are well-oiled, where everyone has a job and does it well (ha ha! Oh you precious, naive Queen), where she has people who know what they’re doing (she has those - kind of. They’re all fucking mad at this point) is doable as a single person.

In lands that aren’t Caido. In lands that don’t have the Blight! And weeks of perpetual darkness, where Monsters come out to kill.

It’s really no wonder why they never united behind a leader. Who would do it? Who would have the patience to lead a group of people who can’t be fucked to listen, let alone show up? All the curses on everything, all the stressors of feeling like she’s being pulled in a hundred directions and time is moving too quickly, events fly by and how can she be prepared? Grumbling and snarling and moving as quickly as she can through a dark forest (yes, well aware that planting Vi’s fucking rose and taking care of the Greatwood are in direct opposition to Delah),s he puts that superhuman speed to good use.

In. Use the map and find the Mathair again Plant the flower. Out.

When she does arrive at the base of the giant tree, Wessex squats and places the flower between her knees, releases her talons, and sinks them in to the frozen ground. With a twist and a yank, she clears dirt out and places the roots in, then refills the hole.

There. Is everyone happy now?

Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Amun was not happy. He had been hoping to get away from all the fucking bullshit this world kept throwing at him. Of course, best laid plans and all that. Not having any idea where he was going—and not particularly caring, so long as it was away—he’d made his way deeper and deeper into the forest, uncaring of his destination or that he was completely, hopelessly lost.

At least until he came upon a clearing that held an enormous tree, with more of those fucking Roses at its base. There was an unfamiliar woman with what appeared to be blades sticking out of her hands stabbing at the ground, and he groaned, pissed off that despite his best efforts, his feet had somehow taken him to one of the places that had randomly appeared in his mind.

Stalking forward, he called out to the woman. ”That’s one way to do it. Mind digging me a hole as well?” If she looked his way, she'd see that he was dressed in shorts and nothing else. Without a care for his own safety—if he died, at least he’d be released from this cursed existence—and regardless of whether she dug him a hole or not, he'd make sure one of his Roses was planted firmly in the ground. If he wasn't going to be able to escape this curse, then he'd get the planting over with as soon as possible.

This place sucked too, apparently.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

At least Wessex isn’t alone in her unhappiness. Misery loves company, and all that jazz.

She turns with more than a little angry zing in the movement, fully prepared to tell whomever was coming up on her (surely a Fae or other Grounder) to fuck off. But as soon as the Queen realizes it’s someone she doesn’t know, and an Ascended at that, a little bit of that snarkiness evaporates.

Last of all comes the visual recognition of the Rose, and her head tilts to one side in a gut-questioning reaction. Who is he, and why has he taken up the rose-planting mantle? The Wraith pauses for a moment before nodding and plunging her talons into the frozen earth for him , repeating the same twist-and-pull motion to excavate it. Going back to patting the ground securely around the flower, she looks over at the guy again. “I’ve never seen you around before.”

Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The woman with the claws stabbed them into the earth for him and he gave her an easy smile. ”Thanks. Much obliged.” Kneeling, he put the Rose into the ground and made sure to pat a little dirt over it. He wasn’t a gardener or a botanist or a florist, so hell if he knew how to make sure the little bloom was supposed to stay alive. Besides, while he was immune to the snow and the cold, he figured the Rose wasn’t, or if it was it was tough enough to survive a less than stellar planting.

”Well, I haven’t really been around before. Maybe that’s why.” He grinned at her and extended his hand. ”Amun Arlun, at your service.” Tilting his head, he gave her a considering look. ”Any idea why I feel compelled to plant these damn things in the first place?” He held up the other two Roses that he’d tucked into the waist of his shorts; he’d come directly here from the clearing with the statues and the flowers, so he was still hanging on to the other two flowers he’d picked.

Man, Caido was fucking weird.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

The Wraith nods, acknowledging his thanks but says nothing in return, unaware of the chaos they’re going to wreak at this very same tree only a short time later.

Amun Arlun? A foreign name, for sure - and by his own admittance. She takes a minute to wipe her claws free of dirt and then sheathes them in her knuckles again before offering a hand in greeting. “Wessex Theskyra.” And yes, he is technically at her service, but he doesn’t need to know that yet. Sitting back on her heels, the blonde woman looks from the pair of roses to the tree and then to the sky. “They’re magical roses. From Vi, Caido’s God of Life. So he’s probably done something to them,” she muses aloud. “Especially if even Ascended are compelled to plant them.”

Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
The name didn’t mean anything to Amun, not that he expected it to. He’d met all of one person here in Caido. Well, two if he counted Wessex. ”Pleasure to meet you, Wessex.” The woman’s handshake was firm, and given that he had no interest in romancing her, he kept his grip firm and not flirty as well. However, her explanation about the Roses didn’t really make a whole lot of sense. ”God of life? I mean, I guess that makes the plants in snow more believable. But why would Ascended be any different?” Giving her a curious look, he can’t quite tell if she has fangs.

So he might as well ask. ”Are you an Ascended too?” Amalia had done her best, but she wasn’t the most useful tutor about his kind.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

With no one else around, now’s as good of a lesson time as any, isn’t it?

She smiles in response, baring her fangs and then holding her hand up and releasing one hand’s talons again. “Yep. You didn’t think everyone got these fancy things, did you?” No, she’s the only abomination with that particular modification. And to be honest, she fucking loves them. Gesturing for the man to make himself comfortable (whatever that means), Wessex also sits back in the cold, leaving nary a sign of her break in the frigid air. “So the Ascended aren’t beloved by most of the Gods. We are… creations of the Voice, who is a New God. They usually say Gods, plural, but we’ve never known another New God. Do you know what it means to be an Ascended?” she asks, unsure of how far his education may have gone.

Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
”Ah, so you’re a fancy lady then.” Amun winked at Wessex, since even the potter could tell the woman was anything but fancy. Since he didn’t feel discomfort and might as well get some use out of something someone thought was a gift, he sank to the ground, laying on his side and propping his head up in one hand. As she asked him if he knew what it meant to be an Ascended, he nodded. ”Yeah. It means I can’t do anything fun.” His voice came out in an amused drawl, but there was an annoyed undertone to it. ”No sun, no feeling, and I got fluids in me that need replenishing. Did I miss anything?” Somehow managing to shrug, despite his position, he gave her a curious look. ”So this Voice is on our side? And if it’s a new god, I take it there are old gods?” If nothing else, this Wessex chick knew a lot about Caido, and Amun had a lot of learning to do.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

“A bit, “ Wessex responds, and even manages a wry smile. “... Queen level fancy.”

And there’s even an impromptu wink, but don’t tell anyone else about that.

But moving on with their Caido lesson. “Yes. There are Old Gods, and Vi is one of them. The others are Caido, Rae, Mort, Frey, Ludo, and Safrin, though the last three are slightly lesser than the others.” An inconvenient truth, to the lady of the stars, but a truth nonetheless. “The New Gods are mortals who gained enough power to make themselves God-like, with magic and technology. The Old Gods were threatened and it gets really messy from there.”

Like, really fucking messy. “But back to being Ascended. It means we don’t have a normal nervous system. But we can have fun.” She gestures up at the dark sky. “At night, the world is our playground.”

They are the things that go bump. Or they could be, if they wanted to.

Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
”Darling, you’re nice, but I wouldn’t describe you as a queen. Princess, maybe.” Amun figured he was okay, what with the harmless winking at all. However, he smiled at Wessex just in case, hopefully letting her know it was all in good fun. Then however, there were a lot of names, and even more to keep track of, and he didn’t follow all of it, already feeling a headache coming on. A scholar he was not.

When she said that it got messy, though, he snorted. ”That sounds like an understatement. So we’re the rebels, then?” It was what it sounded like to him, and he was totally okay with that. Thankfully, the complicated stuff left his mind immediately as she spoke about having fun. He perked up: though he didn’t know what a nervous system was, he didn’t want to admit to more ignorance in front of a woman he was beginning to think might be one of the coolest people he’d met, so he just gave her an easy grin, far more interested in the last of her comments. ”Fun sounds good to me. Tell me more.” He winked again for good measure.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Well, nevermind the bit about being a Queen, then. Princess, she definitely is not, and she lets him know with a derisive snort. Ew. She is the lady knight who saves the bumbling princes in the stories, not some damsel in distres who needs to be rescued. Because even in Caido, that have stereotypical gender norms and the traditional feminine/masculine stories.

But that’s not Amun’s fault.

“The ones who were born here, yeah. Black sheep, oddballs… evil, even, depending on who you’re asking.” The Wraith shrugs. It’s a convenient excuse to use, but they all have something in common - dissatisfied with the status quo. They wanted more. Except for Sam.

”Mmmmm. Super senses. And speed. Have you tried running around yet? Or something that requires a lot of coordination?” Now, Wessex is thinking of leaping from rooftop to rooftop, or running across the river’s stones in the water, or even being able to just evade people and always be on your feet. “You can see everything perfectly. Even in the dark.” Like now, duh.

But the best is for last. “And when you bite someone… not only do you get their powers, temporarily, but it’s orgasmic.

Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
”That’s me, totally evil, Princess. You should probably make sure I don’t put you in a tower somewhere.” Although Amun had caught Wessex's reaction to his nickname, a little annoyance had never stopped him before. If anything it encouraged him. He’d be a pretty pisspoor rebel if it did.

Super senses sounded pretty good. Except he couldn’t feel or taste, so it was the less fun ones. ”I’m not much of a runner. But I can think of something that takes a lot of coordination.” He winked at her to let her know exactly what he was talking about. ”Not with you, though. No offense, you’re just not my type.” Nor did he know if Ascended could have sex yet. Somehow he doubted Wessex would want to answer that question.

Now that she mentioned it, he could see in the dark. His old form had been able to as well, so he hadn’t noticed that he’d retained that ability. However, when she mentioned biting he grinned wickedly. ”Now you’re talking. Anyone, you say?” He ran his eyes up and down her body. Maybe she didn’t need to be his type, if he was hearing her correctly. While it wasn’t exactly appealing to him, sounded like it didn’t have to be. Guess he didn't need to be worried about talking to her about sex after all.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Now, she laughs outright. This guy, make Wessex do something? Good one, new kid. Good one.

“None taken. You’re far from mine as well.” Which is the truth, considering her last partner. And all the Caidonites she’s fucked over the past thirty-odd years. They all had one thing in common: a sense of badassery and skill in something that she found attractive. Word play isn’t enough for the Wraith. She needs a partner with a bit of power somewhere in their body. And this one hadn't made that kind of impression yet.

“Anyone. But it’s most powerful with another Ascended,” she reveals, despite his hungry look, because there’s also a look coming from her eyes that says try it and you’re a dead man. That look, however, clashes with her body language, which says she’s at ease. So. Mixed messages. Typical lady move amiright?

Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun grinned at her laughter. The woman had a sense of humor it seemed. Good. Most of the people he’d encountered here—well, Amalia, the only person he’d encountered here—had been entirely too serious. While he hadn’t been in the mood to banter with the baker, Wessex seemed down for a good time.

If not for sex. Amun pouted at her, though amusement glittered in his eyes. His free hand slid down his bare chest, until dipping under the waist of his shorts. ”What, you don’t like what you see, Princess?” He was pretty, even in this entirely inadequate form, and he knew it. However at the look in her eyes when he talked about biting he laughed, a dark and low and sultry sound. ”Sounds like I should save that for a special occasion.”
amun

Coding base by Sky!