i will fly us out of here
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
& they said you were the crooked kind
that you'd never have no worth
While friendships seemed… Tentative between the few Rexanna does have, she has spent the last few days since everything happened, focusing on those she hasn’t seen or talked to in a while. Most notably, as of late, is Peter. The gentle, kind man she’d almost been forced to marry, who she assured it wasn’t his fault in the manner. But he had been absent, similarly she had been too. And perhaps, they continued to meet in places at the wrong time, never quite crossing paths.

So she sent a note in the early morning, asking Peter to join her at the Spire just after the sun sets. Hoping that the man can make it, to catch up, to see how he’s been, because with Loren going crazy an everything else (possible portals and world changing things) she needs to check in, just to ensure the man is doing alright.

Are any of them doing okay, though? With Longnight approaching?

Regardless, the Penumbra wears furs and a long dark coat edged in gold – unnecessary because of her systems, but she can’t help the way that it’s almost natural – for snow to fall outside, for her to be dressed in warm furs and plenty of layers. Some habits died hard, after all. And so she settles atop a rock, sapphire eyes lifted to the Spire as she watches the snow slip off it’s smooth sides when it gets too heavy, idly playing with the bracelet Peter had made her what feels like forever ago.
but you were always gold to me
the
PeNuMBRA
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Peter
the seasons are turning into goodbyes I can live through

It had been a long time since Peter had spoken with Rexanna, longer than what he wanted for someone he considered a friend. But there was still the lingering guilt from what Zariah had done, as well as new guilt from missing her actual wedding. Her note arriving alleviated more anxiety than she could have intended, Peter nearly giddy through the day, watching the sun for its descent as if his gaze alone could hasten it.

As soon as the last of the sun had sunk from the sky, Peter set out, wrapped up tightly in layers, everything but his eyes and the top of his nose bundled up against the cold. The spire was impossible to miss, a splinter in the corner of his eye no matter where he was, but Peter had never actually heard the chance to get close to it. Or the desire, really. Until now.

Peter sobered some as he actually approached Rexanna, her form fairly easy to spot amid the snowy fields. He went from giddy back to anxious, his hands held tightly behind his back to keep from fidgeting. ”H-Hello, Rexanna.” He greets, visibly relaxing when he catches sight of the gift he’d made, so long ago now, on her wrist. ”I... we haven’t um... haven’t seen each other in a... a while.” There’s a beat where Peter shifts, reaching up to tug at a scarf so she can she his shy smile. ”It’s...  you look nice.”
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
She doesn’t know that her note brings Peter excitement, but she’s happy to see him when he approaches – wearing bundles upon bundles compared to her amount. And she turns to look at him, seeing his hands held behind his back, a soft hello as she fiddles with the bracelet he had made her. Her smile grows brighter when he continues on, and she can’t stop her own approach toward him when he moves the scarf to show her the smile he has. “Peter!” She greets with that same brilliant smile.

Thank you.” She says lightly, a tilt to her head as she surveys him. “You look like you’ve been good as well.” A dark brow raises lightly as if to ask what his secret was. But she can’t help herself from asking more and more questions, trying to swallow them all down before they leave her lips. “How have you been? What have you been up to?” She settles on, not bothered in the slightest that he hadn’t been to the wedding. There were many that hadn’t come, but it didn’t mean she thought any less of those who didn’t show.
the
PeNuMBRA
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Peter

It is impossible to see the smile Rexanna beams towards him and not feel his own grow more confident, more genuine. The last time they’d spoken hadn’t been the best circumstances, after the disastrous wedding attempt and Zariah’s disappearance and so, so many other changes that will probably be good in the long run, even if Peter is having a hard time making his mind up about them now.

His cheeks are already red from the cold, but if Rexanna is looking closely she’ll see him flush brighter when she repeats his compliment back, though it’s more the idea that someone is paying enough attention to him to notice if he's looking well than anything else. ”I’ve been... good. Things are good. I... did I tell you um... about Adam?” Really, Adam was the most exciting thing to have happened. Peter was still a little unsteady about what was actually going on between them, what was going to happen, but he felt better after the talk they’d had.

His budding relationship wasn’t the only thing to have happened, but it was the biggest, and he wasn’t comfortable talking quite so much about himself. ”How was, or... how is being married?”
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Oh, she misses nothing. She notices the slight flush to his already windchapped skin, and she gives him a bright smile in response to it. He does look better. Happier, fuller, brighter, and it warms her heart to see such a thing. But when he mentions he’s been good, and asks her if she’s heard about Adam, her head tilts with all the look of full attention as her brows furrow slightly. “You have not. Who is he?” She asks, with every bit of the sound of two friends getting together for gossip.

But he asks her, too, how married is, and she beams to him. “It’s wonderful. Much better than my first.” She announces to him with a light laugh, recalling their previous conversation over it… Far more darker times. But she shakes her head lightly, dark hair bouncing with the movement. “I feel very lucky to have him.” She finally says, quietly, but there’s a glimmer of pride that lingers in her voice. He's shown her what it's like to actually have a good relationship, one where she doesn't have to hide who she is, who's still loved regardless of what she is or becomes.
the
PeNuMBRA
Peter Pikely

Change author:
Peter

It was all Peter could do to not shrink away from Rexannas sudden intensity, though it’s not bad. Which is maybe the strangest thing. He’s never really had a close friend. He’s been close to people, but never really... personally. ”He is um... hes my... we’re friends.” Peter put enough emphasis on friends to mean something else entirely, then covered his face, embarrassed to have even admitted that much.

Fingers are parted just enough for Peter to see her smile, and to offer back one of his own. It persists, looking almost easy, though it is clear that Peter isn’t sure if he should laugh along with her words, or just wince a little, remembering the story of her past, the man she’d been bound to. Almost unconsciously, blue eyes drifted down, to the brand, while his fingers moved up along his face.

Then Rexanna speaks again, and Peter snaps back into the moment, looking up at her face and smiling again, though it was still pressed to his face, not quite natural. ”He sounds good.” Peter nodded, as if his approval meant anything. ”I’m glad... happy, that uh... that he’s good.” His words aren’t quite there, but the feeling is. Peter is happy for her.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
She watches while he begins to explain, a playful smile crossing her face as he covers his own – peeking at her through his fingers to see her smiling and happy for him. “Oh! What’s he like?” She asks, because since he brought Adam up, she likely isn’t going to let him off the hook that easily. And if this Adam makes Peter happy, then she’s entirely happy for him too.

Still, she doesn’t miss the dip of his gaze to her brand, peeking out from under her clothes. It doesn’t phase her, not like it might have when she first arrived in Caido, where she had tried her best to hide it until Frey took it away. It was like a badge for her, worn as a reminder of the trials she had gone through and survived. A life lived, however harsh, with a beautiful end. Because she was here now, married and with friends.

Me too.” She tells him lightly, before glancing at the location of the moon, a hint of surprise crossing her features as she recalls something she's forgotten to do. A sorrowful look is aimed at Peter now as she reaches forward in the hopes of a gentle hug. "I'm so sorry, I forgot I had some preparations to do tonight. I should get going, but let's catch up after Longnight, alright?" She says quietly, apologetically. "When there's more time?"
the
PeNuMBRA
Peter Pikely

Change author:
Peter

”He’s... tall.” Peter started with, lowering his hands just enough to keep his words from being muffled. The one word was apparently all he needed to start a flood though. ”And nice... nice to me! And his hair is... it’s poofy, and nice, and... curly, but not like mine, like... nice. And he has these... these dumb shirts, and they’re open, and... it’s nice.” Embarrassment returns to Peters face swiftly, and the hands are back up, both for his rant, and for the number of times he’d said nice. It had been like a skipping song in his brain, he couldn’t help it after first one. ”We’re boyfriends. It’s...” This was said through his hands, though thankfully he managed to bite yet another nice back behind his teeth.

Blue eyes flick to the sky after Rexannas, as if he can glimpse whatever it is that has made her face pinch. He can’t, but he does notice her gentle look, the quiet request for a hug that is reciprocated after only a moments hesitation. ”It’s alright.” He replies softly. ”We can talk when... whenever you want. When there’s more time.” Peter wishes that there was more time right now. But some things couldn’t be helped, and it does jo one any good to voice a complaint.

As much as he wants to stay, and see Rexanna off, Pete is cold, and as soon as they part he is tromping back through the snow, towards a bed made warm by another, his scarves pulled tightly around his body.