my bones caught a fever
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
plot twist twistin' my heart 'til it's hollow
band-aids for all my scraped knees
Everything is happening so fast, uncaring of how Clem feels as everything falls to chaotic ruin around him. Rexanna is gravely injured, the Guild is burned to the ground, Dante is somehow here, and Clem? Well, he does what he does best, and he melts into the background. He's functionally useless, little better than a fly on the wall with an open ear for information Wessex may want. But he doesn't want to be underfoot. It's the best way to get kicked after all.

So instead he retreats. Strategically, or so he tells himself. There's a lot to occupy himself with in the Temple at least, which is a blessing for someone who can't sleep. So he sits himself down in the corner of a bench and with a full knife and some stubbornness, begins to try his hand at whittling. Carving. Whatever they call it. Maybe if he practices he can make something decent for Rexanna, something for her to keep the way he keeps her bracelet close.
blankets when i had bad dreams
felt like nothin' could hurt me
CLEMENTE
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE
The tragic flaw of charming men
is exactly as it seems,
too much grease,
can break down a machine.

After everything, the (long long long long long) night, the trek, through the dark, armed only with singing and the hopes that the luxere would stay, Sams emotional breakdown, everything, Nate was exhausted. He left Sam with someone keeping an eye on him, trusted them to keep him in one place, just for a little, and had mumbled something about a nap. He’d found the nearest wall and leaned against it, sliding down.

He closed his eyes, rubbing them gently, and was content to stay like that. Content enough. There was this noise though, this soft scraping, and it was heating enough that he cracked an eye, and saw... some kid, whittling away with a knife. He watched for a moment, then forced himself to sit up more, and lean over.

”You wanna change your grip.” He said softly, holding his hand up to try and demonstrate. It wasn’t like he knew anything about whittling, but he knew a thing or two about knife safety.
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Clem doesn't jump or startle or any of those other silly, babyish responses to the shuffling and the voice that suddenly rips him from his concentration. Wide flaxen eyes jerk to the perpetrator, wondering how he'd missed the man in the first place. But after taking in the sleep-addled gaze and sincere advice, Clem relaxes, deciding he's probably not a threat.

He does hesitate over the next stroke of the knife. Suddenly doubting his actions. Turning in his seat he holds one object in each hand, confused, cheeks puffing out against his will in proof of his frustration. "Uh, can you show me how?" He'd only ever wielded a knife in self defense, which was a very different grip than carving. And he wanted this to be perfect.
CLEMENTE
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
is exactly as it seems,
too much grease,

The boy looks up, and Nate meets his size gaze evenly, feeling the smallest spark of jealousy for the youth he exuded. God he couldn’t remember the last time he felt even half the energy he could see in the others face. He was probably just biased because he was tired.

He had turned away again, his eyes closed but rest still eluding him. Nate wasn’t even surprised when he was asked for advice, just a few moments later. Hands moved before his eyes opened, reaching out for the knife and the block of wood. Despite his dropping eyes, his fingers were still deft, twirling the blade until it settled in his hand how he wanted.

”Blade away from you. Thumb on the back.” Nate moved the blade, shaving off a thin slice from the plane that was being worked on. ”Keeps your fingers out the way, and gives you more control.” The little blade twirled again, and was handed back to Clem, handle first.
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Change author:
Clem feels a little bad for keeping the man from his rest, remembering days when he had needed it constantly. Luckily the man doesn't seem to take much offense to it, at least not yet, and Clemente scoots closer as his eyes ravenously absorb what the man show him. Eventually he gets up and sits next to the man, careful not to get too close lest he disrupt his attempts to rest.

His hands rise to take back the items, tongue peeking out between his fangs as he focuses on mimicking the way Nate had held the knife, his actions a little clumsier and slower but successful nonetheless when he goes to shave off another sliver. He turns a bright smile to the man - whether or not his eyes are even still open to be seen. "Thanks," he says simply, not bothering to move as he curls up into himself and continues hacking away at the chunk of wood.

As time ticks by, the boy grows restless, and he turns his gaze back to the stranger at his side. "How'd ya get so good with a knife?" His curiosity nags at him. Maybe it's something he can do too, something he can learn and add to his little repertoire of knowledge.
CLEMENTE
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
is exactly as it seems,
too much grease,

Nate barely blinks as the kid moves closer to him, finding himself a little glad for it. Another body close by helped him feel a little safer, a little warmer, even if the body didn’t actually put out any heat. He kept a close watch on the first few attempts then nodded, more to himself than the other, and closed his eyes again. ”Don’t mention it.” He rumbles, now that he’s sure he’s actually helped.

Despite all his attempts, his eyes closed, his body relaxed, his mind too keyed up to actually sleep, so he’s awake to feel the eyes on him, and crack an eye open in time for the question. Which he just shrugs to, at first. ”Necessity I guess.” Not a very helpful answer, and probably not one the kid is looking for. ”And practice.” That at least feels a little better to him.

”I could... maybe teach you some stuff.” He offers, forgiving it was the least he could do. ”If you’re interested. And after Longnight.”