real ones [se]
for Oliver
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
everything looks perfect from far away
"She is very knowledgeable. And makes the best breads and cakes in the entire grounds." Remi added with a grin.

With a grin, the alchemist rolled his shoulders playfully, wincing as he heard his back crack several times as he did so. Once upon a time Remi had a body type similar to Oliver's. He'd been lean and athletic at best. Caido had changed him though, inside and out, and he'd be lying if he said that his new bulk didn't come with some serious growing pains.

"Mmmm yes. Or there's an apothecary called Evie who might have something as well." Remi mused thoughtfully, liking this idea more and more. Vaguely he wondered if he might be able to make some sort of movable hot-spring for his wagon, once it was complete...

Giving the other man a soft and patient expression, the alchemist listened to what he had to say. Chuckling warmly once the 'secret' was revealed, the alchemist raised a brow and then, despite Aoife's struggles, placed a hand over his heart and nodded. "Your secret is safe with me. And of course I can." His magic wasn't strong enough to transmute a part of someone's body, but he could definitely make up a tonic that would refresh the dark roots of Oliver's hair. "I could probably even make something magical, rather than just chemical-based." He added thoughtfully.

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Okay. That got him hooked. Just by looking at Oliver's face, it was easy to tell that he absolutely loved baked goods. At the mention of it, he perked up, his interest grabbed even more than before. "I'll be sure to go and find her bakery, then. I gotta try these baked goods." Even though he had nothing to barter with still...oh well.

"Looks like it'll be a group effort then? Once we're done with all this swimming and Aoife is worn out, maybe we could work on planning it? Figure out who all to contact, what resources we could need, and then start working on it." It should be a nice thing to bring to the Hollowed Grounds, an escape for available for everyone. It sounded perfect and now that Remi seemed on board, why not begin working soon?

Oliver dramatically placed the back of his hand on his forehead, swooning over how heroic Remi was. "Oh, thank you so much." He ended with a laugh before adjusting his hair. "What would the magic do to it?" Maybe it'd make it even fluffier? That'd be fantastic. Oliver loved his hair, but it could use a bit more volume. Or, maybe just maybe, Remi could find a way to make it stay blonde for even longer. Ooo that'd be fantastic!!

"As long as it eventually turns this shade of blonde, I'm alright with whatever tests you want to do." Or as long as it stayed nice and fluffy. Fluffy hair looked good on him, that's for damn sure. Remi of all people should respect that considering he too had a fantastic head of hair.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"She really is the best. She made the cake for my wedding, and Rexanna and Bastien's." Oliver hadn't been there for those of course, but the point was she was quite good at what she did.

Nodding with a genuine smile, Remi let his mind wander as he tried to figure out just what they'd need. "I could bring the rocks...Loren has water magic, so he could provide that. Deimos to heat everything, and Phoebe to find us a suitable place? You for aesthetic appeal and overall management?" Pausing, Remi chuckled. "Ah, and Amalia for snacks."

Shrugging softly, Remi adjusted Aoife in his arms. "Well, rather than having it be a chemical that you need to actually let sit on your hair to change the colour, this could just be...Oh I do not know, a brush perhaps, that always keeps it this colour." Shiny? Healthy? He could do those things too. It was clear from Remi's appearance though that Oliver would need to tell him exactly what was needed. The alchemist was handsome, but that owed mostly to his physical traits and absolutely no upkeep on his part.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
"Man...sucks that I couldn't have been brought here sooner...guess I'll just have to get married myself to try the cake." Oliver said with a shrug and a laugh. Alas, there was nobody in his life currently that he felt as though he would be ready to marry. He hardly even felt anything romantic towards anyone, mostly just lust...which isn't really all that surprising. Oliver really needed to fucking chill out.

Remi's suggestions seemed fair enough...until he suggested that HE, Oliver, would be the one managing it. With a nervous laugh, Oliver shook his head. "I don't think it'd be a good idea to have me manage it...maybe I'd you know, help out with the building process, but no way am I ready to do that...I mean, have you seen me? I cant even function on my own." He seemed very nervous about the idea of having so much responsibility placed on him. Maybe if he worked with someone else to manage it, sure, but completely alone? The idea intimidated him.

Ignoring all of that, Oliver instead focused on this magical hairbrush. With wide eyes, Oliver nodded eagerly. "That sounds perfect! Could it also maybe add volume to my hair or something? You know, fluff it up a small bit? Normally I have to spend like...twenty minutes doing that myself. Speaking of which, my hair is soaking wet right now so...you're about to see me without my normally amazing hair." In other words: Oliver doesn't look as great as he would like after his hair dried. He likes to have fluffy hair and clearly, some others agreed so. Otherwise, he might not have been coined with the nickname Blondie.

"Thank you so much, Remi, for even offering to make the hairbrush. Is there anything I can do in return?" Remi hadn't even given him the hairbrush and already he was trying to figure out a way to repay him for his kindness.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Probably easier to just ask Amalia for a sample. Then again...there might be a few weddings on the horizon.." Remi could certainly think of at least one couple who seemed quite close to tying the knot.

Giving the blonde a wry smile, Remi shook his head. "It is a glorified bath. I think you can manage that just fine." He countered, brows slightly raised. "Besides, everyone has to start somewhere. And if it all goes poorly? Well. Then you can simply blame on having bad staff to manage."

Listening to the other man's request, Remi nodded thoughtfully. "I can certainly do that." He said with an encouraging smile. However as Oliver mentioned the state of his own hair, the alchemist grinned roguishly and shook his own head, making his curls bounce slightly. "Ahh, well mine is not much better. I will not judge you if you do not judge me." To be fair though, Rmei's hair looked like it always did, seeing as he never put any effort into it.

"Well If I can think of anything, I will let you know. Perhaps if Ronin and I ever go on a date where I need to look presentable, you can style my hair for me."

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Okay...maybe asking for a sample was way easier than getting married, especially considering Oliver couldn't even really think of anyone who would want to marry him at this point in time. Oliver did want to hear the hot gossip about who may be getting married. "Are you sure she'd be willing to just give away a sample?" Oliver tried to stop himself from asking for more information...but dammit! He needed to know more! Besides, Remi was the one who mentioned it. "Sooo....who's getting married?" The blonde looked at Remi with wide, eager eyes. Ready to hear about the potential matches...and hope that he'd be invited to the wedding. Oliver wanted more than just cake: he wanted an excuse to dress up all snazzy.

Remi seemed to have a lot more confidence in his ability to run the hot bath. Oliver...not so much. "Ah...well, I'm glad you think of me highly enough to do so...maybe I could give it a try. Who knows, it could give me something to use for bartering. Give me a nice pair of clothes and I'll give them an extra long, private stay in the bath." Maybe if it became successful enough, Oliver could do different types of baths or many options, just in case the original was in too high of demand. It wasn't a job Oliver wanted to fully dedicate himself to, though. There was something that he could do, he just knew it. Someday, he'd be able to realize it, but for now? Looks like his calling is in hot water baths.

Wait Wait Wait. Hold up. Did Remi just imply that he didn't have nice hair?!? "Remi, are you kidding me?" Oliver sounded almost offended. Almost. It was obvious that he was over exaggerating. "You have spectacular hair, I'm like...jealous even." Oliver was jealous of a lot of people's hair. Everyone looked so nice effortlessly, but him? Nah. "Well, I'd love to help make your hair nice, if you ever choose to take Ronin out on a date. I think you should, maybe I could even babysit Aoife for you. You could take him on a picnic to the fields..." It's where Oliver would like to take someone on a date, really. It'd be a beautiful place to spend the evening. Watch the sunset. Too bad Oliver didn't have anyone to take there, not yet at least.

"Maybe that's my calling. I could do hair and own a hot bath." It was a joke, really, but he wouldn't mind doing it for a bit. It'd give him something to do that made him feel important or needed. "For now...I think I'll just focus on the bath, maybe. Take things slow...don't rush into stuff."

Now Oliver wasn't sure about Remi, but damn was this water getting a little bit chilly. Where was Deimos when you needed him?
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Only if you ask nicely." Remi chuckled back with a grin. As for who was getting married? Ruffling a hand through his curls the alchemist offered the blonde a wry smile. "Well, there is Sam and Nate..Perhaps Deimos and Amalia.." He trailed off with bob of his eye brows. "Hard to say really. But those are the most solid couples I know of." The rest seemed too early to say for sure, the Sunjata and Lusea's, Loren and Abasi, Peter and Adam.

"Now you're thinking." The alchemist said with a playful nod. "Careful about offering private stays. You know where that might lead.." He added with a wink.

Blinking at the compliment, Remi just grinned crookedly for a moment and shrugged. "If you say so." Ronin and Vai both liked to run their fingers through his curls, even Phoebe and Rexanna had a time or two. Especially with his lion shift his hair seemed to constantly halo around him regardless of what he did. The suggestion made Remi nearly blush as he smiled. "The Fields were where we were married, actually." He said with a latent hum. It was also where they'd buried Vanya. The memories were bittersweet, as were most things in his life.

"Ohh like a spa?" The alchemist asked with a grin. Placing Aoife on the bank when she began to fuss, he created a towel to wrap around her. "Slow and not rushing. Sounds like good advice for everyone." He agreed, lifting himself up and out of the water to cuddle the fussing toddler.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Remi didn't seem too confident in the idea of those very few couples getting together, so Oliver didn't push the subject too much. "I guess I'll visit her when I'm free again, see what samples I can try. Maybe she can even show me how to bake something so I can dazzle people." And hopefully woo someone using his soon to be incredible baking skills. Someday that'd be a thing, someday.

There was a playful eye roll and Oliver shook his head. "Trust me...and hell, even if they weren't private, people would still find a way to do that shit. You and I both know that's true." Oliver knew of what happened during LongNight. Many people didn't really care for how private a thing was. Oliver preferred privacy himself, but he seemed to be in the minority.

"Hey, don't sell yourself short. I envy your hair." It was a honest comment. Oliver wanted Remi to feel more confident in himself. A little confidence can go a long way. At the mention of Remi's wedding, Oliver smiled faintly and laughed a bit. "Guess I'm pretty good at suggesting spots then?" It was a playful tease, but one with a bit of heart. Oliver personally wanted to eventually take a date there, enjoy a picnic and watch the sunset. He certainly was a little dreamer.

As the two got out of the water, Oliver shrugged. "Sure, yeah, a spa works." Did he know what a spa was? Nope! But he was fine with that. What he wasn't fine with was the water. Damn was it cold.

Climbing out, Oliver looked over at Remi, basically begging him for a towel. Surely, the man would be kind enough to notice that Oliver looked like a wet cat, a very miserable wet cat. Oliver did not like the cold and his body was FREEZING.

Glancing over at the water, there was a look of recognition on Oliver's face. His eyes widened with wonder and he quickly looked back over at Remi. He was still shivering, but that wasn't going to stop the gears now rapidly turning in his head. "You said the glowy fish are in the water, yeah? And whenever we touch one, we experience special memories...so they have magical properties, right?" He spoke fast, but not in an unintelligible fashion. More like he was excited, eager to hear whether or not his theory would be plausible.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist chuckled, offering Oliver a vague shrug. "You can bet if the pool is in the medical college Phoebe will absolutely make sure that nothing unhygienic is happening." That, and his friend was very good and sticking her nose into other people's business. She had good intentions of course, but Remi very much doubted if anything could happen there without her knowing. Then again Loren and Abasi fucked in there so apparently it is possible

Indeed the alchemist did notice, creating towels for them both. Tossing Oliver his, Remi wrapped the cloth around his lower half before taking a seat next to the seeds he'd been planting earlier . "Mmmm, I suppose they must, yeah." The alchemist agreed after a thoughtful pause.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There was a playful eyeroll. Oliver had spent a bit of time with Phoebe so he knew very well that she most likely kept things EXTREMELY clean. It made Oliver happy to know that a hospital area was kept so clean, but would a hot bath really belong there? "Yeah...I'll talk with her about it. I mean, it could be fun for some private stuff, but that's is very unsanitary." Maybe they could make a special pool for that kind of stuff. If they did, no way in hell was Oliver going to manage that nasty stuff...though, he may want to use it first...

Anyways. Back to Oliver's groundbreaking idea. Using the towel, he first dried off his shoulders, head, and upper body. Then he wrapped it around his waist and took a seat next to Remi, clearly very excited to tell the man about his amazing idea.

"Okay so...if they are magic, what if the water around them is also magic? I mean just think of it. Us touching them does something, so what if the water touching them makes the water have magical properties." Oliver realized that what he was saying may sound completely out there, but it was an idea! And in no way was he finished.

"So what I'm saying is: lets use the water on the seeds! We could see if maybe they make the plants have magic. Maybe we could create a new plant or find something to do with it to help everyone else. Yeah, it's a super big stretch, but what harm is there in water a plant with some of that water." The glimmer of hope in Oliver's eyes was obvious. Clearly, he had much optimism about things and he didn't try to hide it in this moment. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with Oliver taking a leap of faith and Remi seemed to be the least likely person to judge him for his ideas.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Crinkling his nose a bit, Remi nodded his agreement. As much as he could imagine how nice it would be to be with Ronin in such a bath, certainly the mood would be ruined to know what may or may not be floating about in the water around them.

"I...had never considered that." The alchemist hummed, glancing over his shoulder at the deep blue pool. He didn't think that it was actually the case—surely the naturals would have mentioned it before now—the alchemist wasn't the type to rain on anyone's parade. And who knows, maybe Oliver was right.

"Sure." He agreed brightly. So saying, a bucket appeared in his hands, which he tossed towards Oliver as he gestured towards Aoife, as if to silently say that the couldn't be the one to fetch the water because of the baby. He absolutely could of course.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Remi seemed to be under a mutual agreement that hot springs could be very unsanitary and that Oliver really didn't want to touch it with a pole. They seemed great for the back, but Oliver knew some of the people in Caido. They were gonna do naughty ass shit no matter where they were. In the middle of a bar? no problem. Gods. Oliver didn't want to think about it, not at all.

Oliver could tell that Remi was a small bit wary of his idea, but he didn't mind it. Remi wasn't judging him or calling him stupid, so that was a relief. Very easily, his idea could have been shot down, but soon, Remi was almost agreeing, allowing Oliver to go forward with his scientific experiment. With a bucket now in hand, Oliver decided to try and be as dramatic as possible. Even though he was within arms reach of the water, he had to show off, especially when Remi had hardly even seen his magic!

Okay, the magic wasn't impressive. At all. Especially compared to Remi...but it's fine! He's trying his best, okay?

Using his magic, Oliver lifted the bucket into the air and moved it over to the water. Very carefully, he dunked it down and sucked in a breath. Thankfully, he was able to fill it up half way and actually managed to lift it out of the water! He felt so great, but he also knew that he didn't have much time and set it back down on the water bank. "Don't worry, I got this. Just need a couple of seconds." Oliver had learned through unfortunate accidents that he couldn't hold it up for too long, at least not yet.

Once he felt ready, he lifted the bucket back up and carried it over to them where he grabbed it from the air. "Okay...so I guess we just make sure the seeds are ready and then we can pour the water on it?
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Watching as Oliver reached out with his magic to lift the bucket and then direct it to the water, the alchemist's lips twitched in a grin. Briefly he considered reaching out with his own magic to ensure that the bucket remained stable and Oliver's experiment wasn't immediately ruined, but he decided against it. Everyone had to learn at some point, and if he dropped the bucket? Well, plenty more water where it had come from.

"Mmm, take all the time you need." Remi encouraged with a sunny smile.

When Oliver was ready, Remi scooted himself back from where he'd planted the various seeds in a neat row. Clapping her hands together Aoife cooed merrily up at Oliver, her fingers splaying out and in as if with encouragement. "As soon as you are ready!"

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The blonde hadn't really been paying too much attention to Remi. He hadn't looked for any facial expressions nor did he really look into his tone of voice. All of his focus was on the bucket and his magic. He had a lot of work to go and hadn't been training nearly as much as he probably should, possibly out of fear of actually accepting that he did indeed have magic.

Soon, though, he had the bucket in his hands. His magic hadn't absolutely failed him. Oliver looked at Remi with a sheepish smile. It had taken a little long to get the bucket to him and it would've been way faster to just do it manually, but Oliver was all about using his magic!

So much so that he wanted to do everything with it. He could've easily tilted the bucket over gently to allow some water to leave, but instead, he chose to focus on using his magic. The bucket lifted out of his hands and he worked towards dumping a small bit of water on the seeds. It wasn't exactly steady, but it was working well. Once he accidentally got some water on himself, but he clearly didn't mind.

Once the deed was done he allowed the empty bucket to fall to the ground, taking in a deep breath. "How...how was that?" He said with a small laugh as he looked to Aoife, eager to see if she had any commentary on his magic abilities.

"Maybe someday I'll be able to do magic as good as you. I could just let everything around me float in the air or something."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza