Wings of Glass
Hopping into Halo
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Jiao

Jiao had long been aware that she did not seem to reap the same rewards as other Fae from the forest around her. She enjoyed where she lived, liked the woods fine, used their resources for her work and life...but there was something missing, an absence of the spiritual, almost all-consuming bond other people in Sidhe seemed to have.

Having heard a new portal had opened (mostly because of people upset about the way it had opened telling her about it) and led to a strange new place, she could not take the idea from her mind. Jiao had so rarely been away from Sidhe, especially not somewhere in a completely different part of Caido. Almost at random one night, staring at her sewing supplies same as they had always been, she made a decision.

Grabbing a thick cloak (for she heard that the new land was cold) and a bag full of various rations and supplies and a gift for any new people she would come across, she dressed in warm furs and white thick fabrics, sneaking out in the middle of the night. The only thing she lingered for was to put a note by Nephele's things in the Undercroft, explaining where she had gone. After all, they had a date.

It was odd to see the Mathair split open, but she was too anxious about the journey she was undertaking to take too long looking at it. With a deep breath, she stepped through.

--

She had expected cold, but the sheer change in temperature as she arrived shocked her and she pulled her cloak closer around her. Still, she had finally gotten out of the Greatwood, and that meant this was the beginning of freedom.

Tired little laughs,
gold lie promises,
We'll always win at this,
I don't ever think about death
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
ZARIAH
Beginning of freedom, beginning of hell - someday people would decide which it was.

Being the Warden meant Neron had many better things to occupy his time with than tending to every measly, snot-nosed brat that came tumbling through the portal and into Halo. And so, for the time being, she was waiting to see what else the portal might spit up like a hairball. Interestingly enough, this time it was a Fae. Well, perhaps she would at least understand the meaning of borders and get out of our tundra unlike the nosey Hollowed Grounders.

"Well, well...what have we here." she said softly, a thick, white fur coat protecting her from the cold of the Fangs, even as her hair blew about her face wildly from the snow-filled wind. "Haven't you gone terribly far from home. I didn't know Fae could get lost in their precious woods." she said with a derisive smirk. "Tell me, did you bring the Warden an offering?"
heavy is the crown
but never for a queen

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Jiao

Jiao had not expected to see someone quite so quickly and looked to Zariah with surprised eyes, squinting as she wondered if she recognised this woman. No, she decided eventually, she didn't. It was probably just that a lot of humans looked the same.

"I'm not lost. I wanted to come here." She responded, the innate Fae honesty in her stopping her from inventing any stories. It certainly seemed that Zariah was not the most welcoming of people, but she did not give up on the place right away. After all, this was her first hurdle.

At least she could happily respond to the question. "Yes! I heard it was cold here, so..." From her bag, Jiao reached back and took out a large bundle of furs from the Greatwood, greatly decreasing the volume of the pack. "These are from the Greatwood. I've put a lining in all of them so they can be quickly made into clothes and they should be good and tough. ...Do you fight a lot here? They could be good to go over armour."

Tired little laughs,
gold lie promises,
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
ZARIAH
Zariah raised a brow in surprise. Well then, it seemed the little Fae was well prepared. Shock. Then again, the Fae were much more civilized than the people of the Hollowed Grounds were. Quietly she looked over the furs. They weren’t nearly as thick or warm as those from animals that made the Tundra their home, but there were a lot of them. It wouldn’t be too difficult for someone of skill to make them more suitable to this environment either.

Ugh. So boring. She’d been hoping to zap someone.

”Welcome to Halo then. I suggest you not dawdle long though. This place is not nearly as hospitable as your lovely woods.” she said with a smirk, making no move to help her back to the Citadel. She was here to make sure Neron got his presents, not hand hold everyone that waltzed through the portal. This was Halo after all, only the strong survived. Time for the little Fae to prove she had it in her.
heavy is the crown
but never for a queen

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Change author:

Jiao

Zariah didn't seem to be a woman of many words, but it seemed from the way she took the furs and looked them over that Jiao's gift had been accepted. She beamed, waiting for praise for her sewing, but none came. After a moment she sighed and wished she'd brought her lesser quality furs, for all the joy Zariah seemed to get from them.

"It doesn't look very hospitable, no..." She admitted as she peered around Zariah, looking at the sharp mountains and blizzard, pulling her cloak so tightly around her arms they began to go a little numb. Still, she wouldn't be defeated so easily. Cheerily she turned to Zariah and asked: "So how do I get to town? Is there a town?"

Tired little laughs,
gold lie promises,
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
ZARIAH
Is there a town? What a stupid question.

”No, we live in holes dug out of the snow and ice.” she said dryly. Now that she had been given passage, Zariah was bored with this interaction. This Fae was far too cheery for her liking, and by nature she was about as hospitable as Halo’s Tundra. But alas, she supposed she ought not send the Fae off to her death – though she doubted Delah would lead the Fae army out of their precious forest to avenge her. ”In that direction. I’d suggest you get a move on to make it before dark.” she said, pointing out the way she needed to go to reach the citadel.
heavy is the crown
but never for a queen

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Change author:

Jiao

Zariah seemed like a -- Jiao sighed, not wanting to get bent out of shape over her first obstacle in this new land. With a nod she walked past the portal guard, head low and eyes determined.

Tired little laughs,
gold lie promises,