and so, life goes on
for Dante
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Back to the grind of daily tasks; set back up in her little shack (well-hidden, mind you) in the Outskirts, Wessex returns to the kind of life she’d known for the last two years. Inside during the day, or well-shielded from the sun. Perhaps sharpening her knives or throwing them (it’s been far too long since she’s practiced anything), doing the daily tasks that a hunter and sword-for-hire might need to do to stay alive and on their toes.

This general focus, this re-organization of her life is enough for now. There are patches of sunlight to keep out, people to catch up with, trade to resume… all in preparation to leave.

Dante
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 22 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Dyn Offline
Change author:
DANTE
Look, Dante didn't always go looking for trouble. Usually, if he did, Clement was by his side or trouble found Clem and where the Ascended was, Dante wasn't far behind. But as large and busied as Caido was, those occurrences seemed to occur less frequently than before and had increased in how often trouble now seemed to follow at his heel.

Case in point: stumbling across a shack in the Outskirts that he'd heard belonged to the former-Queen.

Clement had told Dante just about all that he knew of this woman, aside from the town meeting at Theskrya house, but even that wasn't much to go on. Basically what he'd gathered was that she was a bad-ass and could probably break him like a toothpick if he looked at her wrong. Which honestly, being broken by a hot lady, didn't sound too bad.

As it was, perhaps this wasn't the worst turn of events for the youth— if she happened to be home. Clem had been vague on the details of being Ascended and what the fuck did people mean when they referenced the Voice? If anyone had the answers, surely it would be the Ascended ex-Queen. Steeling his nerves with a deep breath as one hand twists in the hem of his worn shirt, he raises the other to knock at the door.

"Hello, is anyone home?" A momentary pause. "Mrs. Wessex ma'am?" Perhaps being obnoxious ought to be his middle name.

I'll be good for all of the time that I never could
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3 & table by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
A timid knock.
Is anybody home?
Nope. Fuck off. Wessex doesn’t answer.

Mrs. Wessex, ma’am?
Whaaaat the fuck, who would ever call her that? Cause in her mind, she’s never been a ‘ma’am,’ despite being a Queen. Thirty nine years can’t override six to nine months. And she’s pretty damn sure she’s never really stood on their woefully unstandardized protocol.  

A kid. A kid would call her that. It isn’t Clem, she knows his voice and she’s already told him it’s just Wessex. So this must be someone else. Her eyes roll.

Standing from whatever it is that she’s doing in there, Wessex slips to the door and opens it. And to be honest, she’s kind of unprepared to see a gangly teenager at eye-height. Her brow furrows for a moment, trying to place him. He’s an Outlander, she saw him in the Temple during LongNight, but she can’t remember his name to save her life. “Just Wessex.” the ex-Queen corrects automatically. “You are?”
No, I’ll be the stone
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 22 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Dyn Offline
Change author:
DANTE
Dante wasn't sure what he had expected when Wessex opened the door, but he didn't expect to feel small despite their similar heights. The woman in front of him carried herself in such a fashion that even with his well-minded intentions, he's almost certain he'd rather back himself as far from the cabin as possible before he had the chance to make a fool of himself in front of her.

But she's asked him a question and he must answer.

"I'm Dante, a friend of Clem's. He's said a lot of good things 'bout you, so I was hoping you could answer some questions I had." He's started to ramble, and while it isn't unusual for the youth, he does clear his throat before continuing. "Just about the Ascended and the Voice. I'm just normal myself but I want to understand things about my best friend more."

Shifting his weight, Dante mentally patted himself on the back for continuing eye contact throughout that as he finally took a breath after speaking largely in one exhale.

I'll be good for all of the time that I never could
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3 & table by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
Of all the things he could have said, those seem to be the magic words. Whatever unintentional bristling she might be doing is lessened, her edges dulled, a breath taken. “Oh.” is all she can manage at the moment, stuck on the fact that the baby Ascended was saying nice things about her. It shouldn’t be much of a surprise, cause they seem to have taken to each other rather well, but Wessex will probably always be a little shocked when someone offers an out-of-the-blue compliment.

“Sorry. Sure, just let me -” Looking back in to her dark lair of a shack, it only takes a second for her to change her mind about talking in there. It’s fine for her, but the day is nice and they’re under a blooming canopy. She should be fine from the sun. Grabbing a couple of rough blankets from a pile of things just inside the door, she gestures to a little fire pit (it clearly hasn’t been used in awhile) about twenty feet from the entrance. “Yeah, I’d be happy to tell you. Let’s sit over there.” Leading the way, she puts the blankets down and then sits, completely forgetting to ask if he’s hungry or cold.

“So, Dante, best friend of Clem. What kind of questions ya got for me?”
No, I’ll be the stone