[se] satisfaction
For Amalia
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Although Amun knew he should’ve gone to see Amalia right away, he’d had his own injuries to deal with, his own wounds to lick. Besides, the events that occurred at Fiat Lux and the ones immediately following at the Temple had been traumatic enough that he'd needed some time to recover. However, he was here now.

Approaching her bed, he snagged a chair and plunked himself down in it. Smiling faintly at her—a far cry from the happy grins he used to sport—he pulled his legs up to his chest, wrapping his arms around them. "Hey kitty. Deimos told me I could find you here."

Subconsciously, the potter tapped his prosthetic against his knee. "They treating you all right? Or do I have to charm the good stuff out of the healers for you?" There was something a little off about his words, something rote, as if he was going through the motions.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AmaLIa
shield of safrin
Amalia is stretching when Amun appears, bent forward in the bed and reaching for her toes. It's remarkably easy, given that she cannot feel any tightness or pain in her legs, but she tries not to dwell on that fact. She's determined to exercise, at least a little, to keep her body (and her brain) from atrophying into dust.

She turns her head to look at the potter as he takes a seat beside her, surprised by the body language as well as the rather subdued smile. Frowning the Shield rolls herself upwards, until she is sitting with her legs outstretched. They're on display, no blanket over them, and she feels suddenly self conscious about the skin and hair and uselessness of it all.

Grabbing a sheet to pull over herself, it takes a moment for Amalia to properly look at Amun. "They're fine. They have their hands full, and- Vi's beard, Amun, what happened to your hand?"
you can't choose what stays
and what fades away
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Amun didn’t actually pay much attention to Amalia’s legs. In fact, he was barely paying attention to much of anything, so he didn’t react as she covered her lower body. When she asked what had happened to his hand, however, he glanced down.

Then he tucked his prosthetic under his legs, hiding it from view. Simultaneously, he waved his left hand vaguely in the air. "As you can see, unlike your nurses, it's quite empty." There wasn't much energy or emotion behind the joke, lame as it was, just a sort of mechanical recitation of the words. Sliding his left hand under his legs as well, he just sat there, knees pressed against his chest.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
AmaLIa
shield of safrin
The joke falls flat, Amalia being far too distressed to pick up on the humor. Amun's body language is as far from it's normal bouyancy as she's ever seen; it twists at her heart to see him so subdued, the effects of their brush with disaster written so clearly across his form.

Leaning back against her pillows Amalia sighs and furrows her brow. "Everything's a mess, isn't it? I'm sorry, Amun. Could... Could the Voice not do anything?"
and what fades away
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun shrugged at Amalia’s question. ”She didn’t answer.” Strangely, he wasn’t bothered by that fact, and his voice came out as if he was simply discussing the weather.

However, he did pull out his prosthetic from where he’d hidden it. Still hugging his knees to his chest, he glanced over at the rest of the Infirmary. ”Don’t worry about it, kitty. Or me. I’m good at making the most of whatever life throws at me, you know that.” Grinning weakly, he finally looked back at her.

"Plus, I've been through worse messes and come out the other side." Like, death, though he didn't mention that. "People are cleaning it up, never fear. Granted, they seem to have decided the best way to clean it up is to make a truly ridiculous amount of baskets, but who am I to question them?" Again, there was a ghost of his former good cheer in the words.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AmaLIa
shield of safrin
The comment about baskets has her smiling a little, though worry for her friend remains wrinkled around her eyes. "Oh, yes- to capture the sun. It's a Fae tradition. I'm kind of surprised people are still so enthused about it." Given their recent relations with the Fae, as well as the tragedy that struck them so heavily, it seems odd for people to be so entrenched in the celebration this year.

But, she supposes, they need something to cling to. Light, a promise of a better future. Faith and prayer and gods. Isn't it what she clings to, after all?

"Even I made one, though it's not particularly good." Ruefully she smiles and shrugs, wiggling her slowly strengthening fingers as evidence of her shortcomings. "I probably won't be catching much sunlight in it this year, though."
and what fades away
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun blinked, more than a bit confused by Amalia’s statement. ”Well, I’m not exactly the Fae's favorite person, what with being an Ascended and all. Though I am curious how, exactly, a basket is supposed to help capture the sun, of all things." There was the barest hint of teasing in his voice.

As she waggled her fingers, he raised his eyebrows. "I'm sure it's better than anything I could make." Lifting his prosthetic, he physically moved the joints in demonstration of what he meant.

Then he slipped his left hand into his pocket. Putting the square he kept there onto his palm, he ordered it to glow. "Though I wouldn't be so quick to say that. You never know where you might find a little light." With that, he pulled his hand out, letting its soft glow wash over them.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AmaLIa
shield of safrin
"I don't think any of us are," Amalia admits ruefully, thinking back to her last interaction with Delah. She will need to go back and speak to the warchief, now that the borders are open and her quest still looms in the balance, undone. Then there's the issue of the tulmhainar, who she promised to visit again; the Cloister, which may or may not occur once more this year; and countless other things to consider.

Problems, she thinks, for another day.

The palmful of sunlight comes as a surprise; Amalia blinks as its glow fills the room, somewhat entranced and bewitched by the sight. "Oh," she says simply, somewhat dumbly. "Is that new? It's beautiful." Glancing up at Amun, she furrows her brow. "It can't be real sunlight, though... it doesn't hurt you?"
and what fades away
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun chuckled at her reaction, though it wasn’t nearly as happy as when Amalia had last heard him laugh. ”It’s new enough. And thanks.” Turning his hand this way and that, he reached out with his mind, causing the light to shut off and the skin of his palm under the square to turn blue. ”Definitely not real sunlight.”

Then he made his skin looked scarred and pockmarked, as if ravaged by some terrible disease or perhaps acid. "It definitely doesn't hurt either." Finally, he ordered the patch to shift back to his normal skin, before tucking his hand back under his legs. "It's more a fun trick than anything else."

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AmaLIa
shield of safrin
The shifting colors surprises her further: it's a neat trick, one she's never seen in a human before. "What's it for?" she wonders aloud, reaching out half-distracted even as his hand retreats.

Dropping her hand back to her lap, Amalia leans back again. "I'm a little tired," the Shield admits, smiling ruefully below the bags beneath her eyes. "And not very good company. But... I'm glad you came to see me. Thanks, Amun."
and what fades away
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun shrugged at Amalia’s question, not having an answer and not really in the mood to search for one. ”Like I said. It’s a fun trick. Don’t know if it’s for anything, really.” And it was clear from his less than enthusiastic response to her question that he wasn't interested in exploring its potential applications at the moment.

As she mentioned she was tired, he immediately lowered his legs and stood. "Of course. Get well soon, kitty." He tried to offer her a grin, but it was weak and he let it fade quickly. Turning, he walked away from her, steps a little slow and sad.

-FIN

Coding base by Sky!