suffer through this pain
Amalia !
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
and if you want, i could tell you the truth
that this life takes a toll on you. i spend nights
Everyone has told him to meet Amalia – the Shield of Safrin – a person he’d admitted to bringing along to build the shrine for their goddess despite not even knowing if the woman wanted to or not. Perhaps that was an oversight on his end, but if Ronin had showed to build the Temple, then he wonders if Amalia would be easier to sway, easier to grasp for it, to bring with.

He brings nothing else but himself, the scent of bread and food adrift on the hot Longheat winds that flit through the Settlement, far from his bar and et he wonders if he could still smell it where he was. A bright, nice scent that felt far more homelike than he had anticipated. A deep inhale and an exhale, no rattling, no thundering of his heart, no nothing as he slips into the Bakery, steel eyes alight as he glances around for Deimos’ beloved.

And hopes he hasn’t made a mistake promising she’d come if she wasn’t willing.
stitching up the loose threads of my soul
so in the morning i'm bullet proof
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
meet me where the falling stars live
I will wait for you day and night
Amalia is, unsurprisingly, not in the greatest mood.

She's always known the bakery like the back of her hand, been able to navigate it in her sleep. Here is a corner, here is a shelf, here is where she keeps this spice, here is the drawer that holds her pans. Everything accessible, everything in reach.

Except that now, everything is so damn high.

She's ready to scream with frustration by the time Sunjata walks in. She'd wanted to make something comforting and familiar for her first day back, something quick and easy, but nothing is easy anymore. What should have been a twenty minute batch of scones has taken her thirty minutes to simply assemble the ingredients for, because of course countless of them are now out of her reach, and she has to use a system of shifting and long sticks to get them all onto the countertop. Which, she has just discovered, is too high for her to properly knead on.

So now her lap is piled precariously with flour and bowls and spices, ready to be transported to the small table in the corner. It is in this state that Sunjata finds her, a string of "Sweet blood of Mort!" pealing from her lips as her mixing spoon clatters to the floor, and a small whale tittering worriedly by her head. Glancing up at the (incredibly) tall man, Amalia blinks a moment. "Ah, I'm sorry- I don't have anything made yet. Did you want to make an order? There's about a one in ten chance I can get it done by tomorrow." If she's being generous, that is.
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
It doesn’t take him long to find her – upon entering and scanning as his eyes adjust to the darker and warmer interior, he spots her easily with ingredients and items along her lap, a curse leaving her lips as her mixing spoon clatters to the floor and a whale of sorts floats around her head. So this is Safrin’s Shield. And for a second, he can see why Deimos fancies her so. But her flint gaze finds his, and he offers a gentle smile of greeting, a shake of his head to what she’s offering.

He aims to approach and bend down to grab the spoon that had clattered to the floor for her, gaze flitting up to meet hers. “No that’s okay.” He offers in his accented rumble before handing the spoon to her. “Actually I’m here for you, not the bread. Though it does smell incredible in here.” A rough quiet hum of a chuckle at that. “It’s about Safrin.” He goes to stand again, a dark brow raised in case he can help her with anything else.
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
She blushes in embarrassment and frustration as he reaches down to grab the spoon, her stubborn pride not yet adjusted to the shift in how she experiences the world. "Thank you." Closing the rest of the gap to the table, Amalia deposits her bounty upon in while the stranger begins to explain his purpose, earning an eyebrow raise of surprise.

Part of her balks at the idea that he is here at Safrin's behest - she has yet to see the goddess herself, since letting the temple fall - but another part brightens, curious and eager as she turns her dark eyes up to him again. "Safrin sent you to see me?" She tries to keep her voice calm, remembering the last time this happened, when Delphia decided they were to return to the Spire. "Sorry- just a second."

In a moment Amalia shifts to an owl, rising from the wheelchair to light gently upon the bench. When she shifts back her legs are tucked beneath her, and some feathers remain on her shoulders, in her hair. With measured familiarity she begins the process of creating food from disparate ingredients. "Why... what did you need me for, ah...?" She trails off, realizing she does not know his name. Oops.
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Her thanks is granted with a slightly knowing nod, a smile lingering on the corner of his lip. But the reason he’s there begins to brighten her up, to intrigue her, and he refrains from exhaling a quiet sigh of how he might have absolutely fucked up by admitting he’d bring Amalia when he’d never met the Shield before. “Actually…” He begins, trailing off as she begins to shift to an owl and hops to the bench to sit and work on the progress.

He can recall hearing about how she’d been Attuned through Safrin too. And it causes him to take a seat along the other bench, to face her and get more eye to eye, letting his navy feathers flit along his shoulders to fill in his equally navy tattoos as he gives her a bright smile. “I spoke to her recently about rebuilding the Temple. I thought you might want to be interested and I sort of… Dropped your name. She seemed happy at the idea.” A shrug of those feathered shoulders before he looks away from her to the bar around them.

I’m Sunjata, by the way.” He offers with a pause, steel gaze flitting back to meet her. “Safrin Attuned me last Deepfrost.
SuNJATA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
The fluttering of feathers across his shoulders is a wise touch, the awareness that he is Attuned as well setting her further at ease. Carefully she pours flour into the bowl, measuring with nothing but the naked eye: like navigating the bakery, she could do this in her sleep. Herbs follow next, a pinch of rosemary, a dash of thyme, salt to finish it off. The mention of the temple brings her eyes back up; she blinks in surprise, reaching with flour-covered fingers to push a strand of hair behind her ears. "You dropped my name?" she repeats, a little bemused, a crooked smile pulling puzzled at her lips.

She follows as he looks around her store, as though expecting to see something out of place. The introduction snaps her eyes back to his face: "Amalia," she replies, then flushes again. "Sorry. You knew that." She shakes her head, still flustered and confused. There is flour on her cheek. "I... don't really know how I can help. What all did Safrin need you to do?"
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A nod is given to her repeated bit of information. “I did.” It’s an easy smile that crosses his face this time. “You’re the Shield of Safrin, after all.” Perhaps it’s a bit too much like he usually is, flitting in compliments and hints of information that he already is aware of, before her attention can get snapped elsewhere. Luckily for him, the bakery isn’t busy right now and Amalia is currently making something that he knows deep down will be positively wonderful.

But he introduces himself instead, thinking nothing of the additional apology. “It’s nice to meet you officially, Amalia.” He offers with a brighter smile and a slight dip of his head. He can see the fluster and confusion crossing her face, though he doesn’t let it show on his own. “Well, I have to rebuild the Temple first and foremost. But it’s the shrine I’ll need your help with. She’s tasked me with finding something once dead now alive, something once alive now dead, and the heart of a rare creature.” A brief pause as he tries to search her face for an answer. “She said she’d do the rest. But I thought perhaps we could get some of those she’s Attuned to put it together to honor her in a way.” His mind flits to Deimos, to Peter, to Adam… To name a few.
SuNJATA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
He seems so very confident and calm, this man, so sure of his task and his actions. Was she ever like that? She remembers being tasked with building a shrine; the fact that she hasn't been asked directly does not evade her mind. Instead it sits in the back of her brain, prickling delicately at her insecure places, leaving her gnawing her own endless doubt. But his smile is so bright, his affection for the goddess so clear on his face, and she can't help but soften a little at it, some of the pain eased away.

Besides, Safrin wanted her to help. And that has to count for something, right?

No duckling-like stars this time, no trail of celestial children to plant. The things he has been tasked to collect give her pause for a second, causing her to bite her lip in thought. Something dead and now alive, something alive and now dead, and the heart of a rare creature...

...ah. Wait.

Suddenly she cannot help it: she laughs, her voice ringing out in a note of mirth at a sudden realization. "Sorry, I- I think I can help you with at least one of those things. I died during LongNight, year before last. Temporarily, but... well, maybe it counts?" A shrug of her narrow shoulders, amusement in her eyes. "As for the heart of a rare creature, I'm sure Jyoti would help." She gestures to the whale with her chin, and the little creature trills an agreeable note. It never occurs to her that the creature may have to die.
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Honestly, he’s surprised when she laughs. And when she brings in the details to being able to solve one of his predicaments, he nods in thought to her. “Well we can certainly try.” He offers with a rumble of a chuckle to her at that. If nothing else, he’s sure Safrin would appreciate seeing Amalia anyway.

The suggestion of the star whale has his steel gaze slipping over to the creature — nothing but admiration in the stars in its wake, the braying of its own. But he can’t expect that of her, what it might come down to. “Ah. Well, she wasn’t specific about the creature… But it’s possible she might be mentioning the heart of one that’s been slain.” He attempts to search Amalia’s gaze for it, the reaction, what he’s not asking of her.

We can capture one to bring it and see if it works, but I’m not sure in the end if it’ll remain as it was.” His gaze flits to Jyoti then as he focuses on the star whale. “And having a whale shift of my own, I’m too fond of them to want anything like that to happen to them.” He extends a hand up toward the whale in the hopes she might come investigate him.
SuNJATA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She stiffens at his interpretation of the directions, dark eyes hardening into flint. "Did she say that specifically?" Amalia asks, but she can sense it's a moot point. Were she in a stronger position she may have been able to stand against him, to insist upon her views.

As it is, though, all she can do is stare. And reach out a comforting hand to Jyoti, suddenly very protective of the little airborne whale. "Fine," the girl says simply, her gaze finally slipping away when Jyo swims to Sunjata's waiting attention, trilling happily for scratches.

Returning to her own work in making the scones, the baker licks her lip uncertainly. "So... what's your plan, then? On capturing a creature for Safrin."
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
All she said was the heart of a rare creature.” Sunjata repeats, voice a hint more singsong like he’s reciting it from memory – to which, there wasn’t a whole lot to recite and he’d been accurate in the description of it. But if Amalia wished to try and capture it, then so be it. Already, he can feel himself shifting toward the inevitable edge of bloodshed if it got too difficult, too harsh. But if they do manage to capture it, perhaps Safrin could deal with that herself.

She’s stronger than all of them, anyway.

Sunjata meets Amalia’s gaze easily, waiting until she agrees and with it, his attention slips to the whale that swims toward him for scratches – Sunjata’s happy to oblige, running his fingers along the soft blubbery exterior, wondering what it feels like, wondering if he’ll ever know, before his attention slips back to Amalia. “There’s… A variety of rare creatures, but I think we should try to go find a white dragon in Halo. Rumor has it Attuned can speak to them so if we’re trying to convince it to come along then we might have a better shot that way.” An avian tilt of his head, an unasked question of what do you think?
SuNJATA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
A white dragon? Amalia can think of only one she's encountered, and Sugar makes the possibility of capturing one seem far more manageable than it will inevitably be. Besides, if they can speak it will help to coax the creature to aid them of its own will it will be that much better for the whole endeavor.

You stupid, stupid child.

"I don't know much about dragons," Amalia confesses, a light shrug to her shoulders. "But if you think that will be the best option, okay." Whatever it takes for fix her mistakes. Whatever she can give.

"Did you need anything else? Some bread, maybe?"
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Oh, they both absolutely have no idea what they’re getting into. Sunjata doesn’t know much about dragons either, aside from the stories from back home which are likely inaccurate to here – and the only dragons having been seen were Coffee and Sugar in the end. So with it, he’s woefully unprepared, they all are. Having no idea what they’re getting into.

And here they are.

He shrugs with her, nodding quietly. “I think it might be easiest given the option to talk to it.” He hums thoughtfully, head tilting slightly. But he lets the conversation drop as she mentions bread or anything else, and he offers her a small smile. “You know, everyone’s been telling me I need to try out your bakery. Perhaps now is a good time.” He muses with a bright smile, nodding his agreement, but not if it means she has to work harder or extra to manage it.
SuNJATA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She nods along with no idea of what she's getting into, misplaced confidence in their task and the importance of it spurring her again. Out of one fireplace and into a fire: and for a moment her mind jumps back to her conversation with Jigano, to the virtues of simply giving up and letting others try.

If only, if only, if only.

He asks for baked goods, a surprise really, and Amalia shrugs wryly. "Well, I've been out of commission for a bit but there will be scones soon." She gestures to the bowl before her, where she has now added the last of her ingredients and is kneading with deft fingers. "Any flavor preferences? Savory or sweet?"
Amalia