Go a Little Wild
For Rex/Ronin
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
they will shake their heads and wag their fingers
by daybreak we'll be gone
When Bastien had said 'let's go treasure hunting in Torchline', he had not actually expected her to agree to it. It had been a half-joke, a little fantasy when he remembered the adventure stories of his old world, that had just begun to take off with the fascination with places further east (that could have done full well without the interference of Europeans, but that was a topic for another time) - yet when Rexanna had wholeheartedly been for the idea, Bastien had realised it quite appealed to him as well.

He loved his wife dearly of course, but their relationship could get a little slow; they met and talked in the artist's sanctuary, slowly strolled at night to discuss politics and aesthetics. It was a peaceful, steady kind of life, a good one, but one that could do with an injection of excitement. So, something dangerous and ill advised as on the cards.

They had set off in the early morning hours, hoping to get to Rae's fingers before the full days sun hit the shore, so they could be inside the cover of the tunnels by the time it was bright. As they walked, Bastien had begun to worry about his abilities, or lack thereof: he hardly had any way to be all that useful should they actually run into any kind of physical trouble. He'd packed a knife into his boot, but if he was honest he had little idea of how to actually use it beyond for cutting cheese. Hopefully if they did run into obstacles, they might be tests of agility or intellect.

"Perhaps it might be wise to see if we can find someone else to come with us..." He mentioned as they got closer, looking about. "If we are attacked, I fear we could be overpowered..." Saying this, it really was beginning to feel like a dumb idea indeed, but they were here now and he wasn't going to abandon her again.
BASTIEN
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
you are like the golden hour. it all glows different
Between the two of them, Rexanna liked to believe she had a bit more of that adventurous gene. And with it, despite the fact Bastien may have thought it to be a nice thought, a joke of sorts, Rexanna had always dove a bit more into the fray when it came to it. It’s no surprise that she’d agree, haranguing occasionally on when they were to go, hopefully deciding that perhaps doing it before the world went to hell again was a better choice.

And besides, she has upgrades to test and an ocean to see!

Luckily, it’s early, and while Bastien came prepared the best he could, she’d come prepared as well. Armed to the teeth, magic at her disposal, ready and prepared to adventure. Though the idea of someone else joining them is likely a good idea, she can’t imagine whom would want to as she looks around the inside of the tunnels with vibrant emerald eyes. “Who else would we ask?” She asks him curiously, giving him a vibrant grin with an air of confidence.

She’d been impaled and survived, after all. This? She imagined this would be nothing.
when you're here
REXANNA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the dark star
”You've been here five minutes and you’re already causing problems, I see.” Ronin’s voice was far from the warm joviality he’d found so easy once upon a time, but neither was it the lifeless tone of someone who had given up. He was starting to piece things together again, slowly and surely, and with luck that involved fitting his grieving husband back into the puzzle as well.

Remi had actually been the reason for his being out and in the general area. Ronin had a satchel slung over his shoulder filled with his trades and collections of the day; a more detailed map of Haulani, a book about seafaring and ocean myths, a species of plant he hadn’t encountered before that apparently had medicinal properties.

But distraction came in the form of two Ascended wandering about in places he could assure them would only bring them trouble. ”Bit far from the Grounds aren’t you? He shifted the satchel on his shoulder, ruffling a hand through his dark hair. He wore little, only a thin linen shirt open at the chest, and a pair of sun bleached pants. Even dark, it was hardly cold.
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Just as Rexanna posed the question of who to ask and Bastien was about to concede that there was likely no one suitable, Ronin's voice called out into the tunnels - Bastien turned around with a shocked grin, clearly thrilled to see the man no matter how he'd changed. "Ronin!" He exclaimed, going to embrace his friend immediately. "I thought you had died, my friend."

Of course, it was not such a happy occasion. He stood back to pat him on the arm, offer a sympathetic expression. "I am very sorry, truly...words cannot express. For your loss. It is good to see you. A strong man, to still be here." With that said he gave Ronin one last clap on the shoulder before he properly walked away to be near Rexanna again.

"We are here for adventure. You are most welcome to join us, if you'd like. For an explore within to see what we can find..." Bastien turned to look into the tunnel, gesturing into it with a wave of his hand.
BASTIEN
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
And just like that, a different sight from what Rexanna had been expecting to find within the smuggling caves, within the shade. The voice that rings out reminds her of Fiat Lux, of the way he looked when she’d wrapped Aoife, and for a moment she’s frozen briefly – turning perhaps a small amount reluctantly toward Ronin. But Bastien doesn’t seem to mind, and she offers Ronin a soft smile in greeting, despite wanting nothing more than to offer her own condolences, but unsure if it’s worth it in the end.

We wanted to see what we might find down here, if anything.” A small admission, dark brow raised as if she’s conspiring to find a great many things among the walls here – especially with that upgrade of hers. If they’re hidden in the walls, she might be able to find something. “You look like you’re heading for an adventure yourself?” Her head tilts, green gaze flickering over the Dark Star briefly before her gaze lands on the satchel.
when you're here
REXANNA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the dark star
Ronin should have guessed that Bastien, of all people, would be pleased to see him, and he surprised himself with a smile as the other man came with open arms and sincere condolences. It was awkward - not many, if any, had actually brought up the event - but he returned the embrace nonetheless. "Thank you," he said quietly, clapping him on the shoulder as well. "I was not here, for a while. But I think I'll make it."

Nodding across at Rexanna as well - he had nothing bad to say of the Ascended Queen, after all - he couldn't help but raise his eyebrows as he gazed down the tunnels. "Not quite adventure - I was heading home," he said, shifting the satchel on his shoulder. "These are smugglers' caves, you know. Are you sure you want to go down there? I've heard only those who know the code can navigate without getting lost. And you probably wouldn't want to... y'know... run into any smugglers." He smirked.
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien nodded at Ronin's comment, knowing how true it was. One could indeed be in a room but somewhere else entirely in their mind in the throes of something as powerful as grief; given Ronin had to be feeling the most intense grief one could, he was sure the Demi-God had been in many distant places in the last year.

Talk of adventure drew his attention back down the tunnels, which he gazed down as Ronin spoke. "Ah, but it sounds wonderful! How do we find this code? Are you aware of it?" Ronin did sort of look like a smuggler, all things considered, and Bastien would not have been surprised if he knew their secrets, having charmed them all into his ways in the time he'd been in Torchline.

"Would you still want to continue knowing this...?" He still asked to Rexanna, unsure if she would be interested in an expedition more likely to be halted by real criminals rather than mystical ancient spirits or old puzzles.
BASTIEN
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Her brows raise at Ronin’s comment, that he was just leaving, as though it might somehow be a good idea to leave. But she’d already showed up, already prepared for the possibilities that they might come across some less than savory people – and she had magic and items to try and prevent anything truly terrible from happening. That had to count for something, right?

Bastien’s reply reaches her and she shifts her attention from Ronin toward Bastien with a wide fanged grin. “It’s almost as if you don’t know me, Bastien.” She teases him, giving him a wink before looking back to Ronin with an equally bright smile. “I have an upgrade that lets me see through things… I might be able to find something interesting here if you want to join us?” Indeed, as if for an example, she activates the upgrade to her eyes. Her green gaze glimmering briefly in a glowing green, electric and bright like lime, before she shuts it off before she can see the inside of the Dark Star.
when you're here
REXANNA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
the dark star
Ronin's laughter still sounded foreign to him these days, the Dark Star unused to it after so long in his own misery. But still, it was a genuine sound as Bastien asked if he knew the smuggler's code of Torchline. "Regrettably not," he said, the two sides of him warring between wanting to get home to his husband and wanting this little thrill of adventure. That Rexanna had something that might help only further sealed the deal, and Ronin's eyes widened as the Ascended's own seemed to crackle gleefully in the gloom.

"I suppose I could spare an hour," he said, acting as though he was reluctant but of course, in reality, he was thoroughly warming to the idea. "Did you have any idea where in particular you would like to go first? Or a direction?" Somehow he doubted it, but... well, one had to ask.
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien laughed at Rexanna's response, going to hug her from the side. "I would be a poor husband if I merely assumed your thoughts all the time. Sometimes I must check." If she was willing to continue, so was he. He'd dealt with plenty of rough people in his time in Venice and liked to think he was able to charm his way out of most situations...and if he couldn't, his wife had fire at her fingertips.

Ronin's acceptance despite not knowing the code brought a wide smile to Bastien's face. "Wonderful! Let us begin. Of course we do not have a direction - we have never been here before. But, ah, I did have an idea--" Rummaging in his bag for a moment, Bastien pulled out a ball of wool, coloured a vibrant purple; something he'd bought for a project that had not come through, but had been unable to toss away the materials for. "Like Theseus in the Labyrinth, we will find our way with this."

Tying the string to a rock twice to make sure it wouldn't come loose, he took a couple of steps into the tunnels. "Let us enter. Perhaps we will leave rich."
BASTIEN
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
A quiet huff of a laugh is given toward Bastien, leaning into the hug that he offers. “A smart man.” She comments to him, looking up to him briefly with a smirk before she focuses on Ronin’s acceptance of sparing an hour to join them on their adventure. She shifts somewhat in her stance, as Bastien mentions that they don’t have a direction – which was true, really, but she was sure they might be able to find their way around.

He pulls out a ball of wool to try and keep their way back, and Rexanna hopes internally that nobody comes around to cut it and gets them lost… Though, not like it would affect them all too much at first. It would be annoying though, to say the least. "Shall we then?" Rexanna looks back to Ronin, stepping aside should he wish to take the center spot – though mostly because she knows how much Bastien adores the Dark Star, before stepping further into the tunnels.
when you're here
REXANNA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
the dark star
Finding himself quite suddenly sandwiched between Bastien and Rexanna, Ronin arched an eyebrow as the guildmaster pulled a ball of wool from his pack. Ingenious but also ridiculous (did Bastien even know how far the tunnels went?), he could only shrug his shoulders and proceed into the tunnels. Damp, poorly lit and with all manner of traps and treasures awaiting, perhaps they really would leave the place rich - and wouldn't that be a fun thing to bring back to Remi? But even with that in mind...

Ronin frowned gently at the path before them. "How are things back... at the Grounds?" Home, he had called it once, before everything had gone to hell. He had only been back briefly, to reverse the damage he had caused to the Temple. But other than that, the place was a mystery to him.
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Neither of his companions voiced their doubts about his wool method so Bastien believed they were both impressed and held it before him, ready for it to slowly pull behind them to make a route back.

Smiling as Rex walked on one side and Ronin on the other (what a joy, to be surrounded by handsome and charismatic people) Bastien walked into the tunnels without any hesitation, choosing what way to go at first mostly randomly, taking whichever way felt right as he looked at it. At Ronin's question he tilted his head side to side before answering, trying to give a considered answer.

"Well. Things are never good, ah? There is recovery after Fiat Lux...I am sure you understand that better than any. A lot of people are still in shock. There has been several new Outlanders arriving in this last couple of weeks." He looked to Rexanna. "You are probably more aware of the current affairs than I. What has been happening?"
BASTIEN
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
They begin their little trek, and Rexanna glances around the walls, looking for anything that might be out of place or… Different, a place to start to search with her enhanced gaze. But she hears Ronin’s question, hears Bastien’s response, and the question get flipped to her, which makes things a small amount awkward but she shrugs it off mentally regardless. “Well, with Halo open, many of the Grounders have been spreading out.” She contemplates quietly. “I can’t blame them, really, even if Halo is as harsh as they say it is. Deimos and I have been working to figure out how to better secure the Grounds from other threats if there’s a way to…” Her lips purse briefly.

I’ve formed a council to try and handle everything in a smaller capacity, though it seems some of my members have also fallen on difficult times so we’ll see how long it lasts.” She shrugs, a quiet humorless laugh leaving her. Whether it worked or failed was still to be seen, though she can’t help but to want it to work – to keep her where she wants to be, at Bastien’s side. She shifts her verdant gaze to Ronin then. “With Torchline available I imagine it’s been far more exciting for you here than anything back there. It’s rather drab in comparison.” A crooked smile crosses her face.
when you're here
REXANNA