counterfeit [se]
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
for 1000 nights i've been a restless soul
No part of Remi expected that the Governor would actually show up. The alchemist believed that the man existed, at one point, though whether he did still?

It made sense to think he'd been ... eliminated by one of the local gangs, and that the other cartels, or groups, or whatever the nefarious underworld packs were called, had simply banded together to keep it under wraps. Then again if there was no one to give orders, then it was up to the underground economy to keep itself stabilized...something which didn't appear to be going all that well. Or so it seemed to the alchemist.

Sitting outside, Remi was coming up with ideas for what might make the best lantern to honour Aoife with. With this being the first festival with her gone, it seemed especially important that the creation be perfect. Remi knew this was absurd, and yet here he was, illusion magic creating different forms in his palms, as he worried and agonized over every potential detail.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saiden head towards the Hanged Man, whistling cheerfully. A sack was flung carelessly over a shoulder, and he dodged through the crowds that the slight chill of Leafchange had done nothing to dispel. It didn't take long for him to spot the bar.

However, he was also greeted by the sight of Remi seated outside the tavern, images forming and disappearing between his palms. Halting a good distance away, the cook put his hand on his hip. As always, he was barefoot and shirtless, dressed only with a pair of shorts and a cutlass at his side.

"Remi." The name came out carefully, and he cocked his head to one side. "You going to punch me again?" It came out amused, as if unbothered by how their last encounter had ended.

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi glanced through a curtain of curls at Saiden. "Should I? You only stole the bar from me once, so unless you've done something else worthy of being hit in the nose?" This was said with a casualness once so foreign to the alchemist. Now though, violence was an easy and near tool at all times.

The lantern twisting in Remi's palms was organic, but incredibly intricate. With spires of twisted bark and bamboo, inlaid stars glowing with their own light, and a periwinkle candle in the center, it looked like something from a children's book
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Saiden laughed at Remi's words, the cook's posture relaxing. Taking a few steps closer to the alchemist, the Hali crouched on the ground nearby, setting the sack down. "Not to you. Though I can't imagine why you would possibly think I would answer yes to that." The words were amused, and he smiled at the other man.

It slipped away as Saiden regarded the image in Remi's hands. "That's beautiful." Hesitating, the cook glanced up at the alchemist's features. "I've been meaning to talk to you, actually." The Hali shifted into a seated position, stretching his long legs out before him and placing his weight on his palms.

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Well, if you were stupid enough to answer, you'd absolutely deserve another broken nose." Remi replied with a shrug, eyeing the sailor skeptically as he sank down as if the alchemist were some hostile beast to be placated.

As Saiden's attention moved to the lantern, the illusory image of it disappeared at once. Remi's expression hardened as he sat up straighter in his chair. "Ronin mentioned he ran into you a few weeks ago." He said sounding a touch cagey. No longer one for polite offerings of sympathy, Remi wasn't about to pantomime sadness for Saiden for having lost his sister and niece.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Grinning at Remi's reply, Saiden nodded. "I absolutely would." He tapped the side of his nose in a knowing gesture. "Good thing I'm not a complete idiot." There was something relaxed and assured about his tone and his posture.

However, he looked down with a sigh as the alchemist revealed he'd spoken to Ronin. "I'm sorry for your loss." It came out quietly, and the cook lifted his gaze to meet the other man's eyes. The Hali pulled his legs into a cross-legged position and leaned forward, though only slightly. Practically holding his breath, he waited for Remi's response to the words.

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi watched the cook continue to fidget, his posture ever-changing. As the inevitable sorry for your loss came, the alchemist merely gave the sailor a bland stare, ruffling a hand through his curls as he leaned back in his chair. "Alright." He said tonelessly, shoulders stiffening in what might have been the beginning of a shrug. Sympathy from a stranger? What use was that?

Glancing over Saiden's shoulder towards a rather burly looking man who might be the Governor, Remi exhaled a minor sound of disappointment before his gaze snapped back to the sailor still seated in the sand.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Pausing for a moment at Remi's one word response, Saiden eventually nodded. Shifting, he pulled his knees up a bit and draped his arms over them. Fully relaxed now, he looked totally at ease in the alchemist's presence. "I didn't mean to interrupt you." It came out in a friendly tone, and he smiled.

Following the other man's's gaze, the cook glanced over his shoulder. He watched the man who'd approached enter the Hanged Man, then looked back at Remi. "You waiting for someone?" The Hali cocked his head to one side, and his tone was mildly curious. However, he rolled to his feet, bending down to pick up the sack again.

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Seems like that's very much what you intended." The alchemist noted dryly, one of his brows raised weakly in challenge. After all, when you walk up to someone, take a seat without asking, what else are you doing if not interrupting?

Gods if Saiden was just one constant ball of motion. It made Remi feel like stone in comparison. "Not sure that's any of your business." He commented, head inclined slightly to the side. If keeping his own counsel and not immediately befriending every idiot who deigned to comment on his activities made him an asshole now, so be it. Oliver certainly had thought so and Remi found he cared not even one bit. If the cook was here to make small talk he was quite bad at it and the alchemist was in no mood to carry the conversation needlessly.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Saiden raised an eyebrow right back at Remi, not put off by the alchemist's tone at all. Indeed, the cook smiled disarmingly. "Let me make it up to you. I can help you with whatever you were working on, or grab you a drink, or both." He put on his most charming tone.

Laughing at the other man's response, the Hali shrugged, then readjusted the sack as it threatened to slip to the ground. "After the reputation you and Ronin have built up, especially after you posted that note challenging the Governor to show up, I'm not sure you're going to have much of a private life anymore." It wasn't apologetic, just matter of fact.

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
It was only a disarming smile if one was indeed disarmed by it, which Remi was not. Once upon a time the mere sight of Saiden had left him speechless and flustered. Now though, peering into those heavily-lashed deep brown eyes did absolutely nothing for him.

"Why would I need you when I can do..." Grabbing the cup on the table, Remi made a spout from his finger from which a deep amber-coloured liquid began to flow. Once the glass had been filled, the alchemist held it out towards the cook. It would smelt of peat and smoke; sweet and dark at the same time.

'Reputation? Hardly. We've absolutely kept our heads down since arriving." Remi replied with a smirk, before nodding and conceding the point. "Challenging? It was just a friendly meeting. You know, to help him out. Or see if he's alive anymore." This latter sentence was said slyly, with a casual shrug.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Shifting the sack again once more, Saiden captured the end of it under his arm so he could applaud Remi's neat little magic trick. He leaned forward and sniffed, humming an appreciated sound at the aroma. "I guess I'll have to find some other way to make it up to you then." Despite the words, there was nothing suggestive about the cook's voice, just a sort of quiet musing.

Laughing, he grinned outright at the other man. "Ah yes, of course. The humble Taliesins, that's what everyone says about you." Snorting, the Hali shook his head slightly.

Leaning forward slightly, he dropped his voice to an amused and conspiratorial whisper. "Friendly, sure. I'll believe it when I see it. Also, just because no one's seen him doesn't mean he's dead." Smirking, he rocked back on his heels. "Though I'm suspicious of the fact that he ever existed to begin with."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Well at least I know you're clever enough not to drink something I've just randomly poured from my finger.' Remi sat the glass down. Poison, or whiskey? Who could tell.

Rolling his eyes a touch at that, the alchemist shook his head. "Awww, everyone? Aren't you the little gossip then." Still, Saiden wasn't wrong and that, too, Remi conceded with another nod. Keeping their heads down was not a skill that he nor Ronin had cultivated very well.

"I think he did...He has a daughter, doesn't he? Or, had?" Tapping his fingers on the table, Remi gestured to the other seat if only so Saiden would stop constantly shifting about. "Well, but of course if he doesn't show up it'll be easy enough to say I simply don't warrant an audience with him."
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Laughing, Saiden shrugged. "You did all the work. Seems like you should enjoy the fermented fruits of your labor." Winking playfully at Remi, the cook gestured for the alchemist to take a sip of whatever it was he'd concocted.

Grinning, the cook nodded. "Aye, everyone. You've made quite the impression on us simple folks of Torchline." That was obviously a joke, as the people of Torchline were anything but simple.

Arching an eyebrow, he settled into the seat, giving the other man a grateful man. The Hali set the sack on the ground, then leaned forward. "And have you ever seen or spoken to this daughter of his? Perhaps she's all part of the illusion." Resting his elbows on the table, he smirked. "His loss in that case."

Coding base by Sky!