Personal Quest [SE] every step of the way
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Lily and Jigano’s return was a welcome one, because the Sword wasn’t sure how much longer he’d tolerate only Oliver’s presence (eyes following the blacksmith anyway, ensuring he found and used the bandage), and walked over to begin assisting in placing the moss inside each. “Seems you were successful,” he arched his brow at both of them, the slightest of smiles on his features, before continuing, hands stuffing the plants within until they brimmed, and then going to another.

Many hands made light work; and with the Sage and singer returned, it didn’t take long for their tasks either, and eventually the rugs became full, patted down and smoothed out so they were even instead of bunched or bound on sides. “All we need to do is stitch them up,” he nodded, handing out more bone needles and thread. Then they’d be done, the work completed, one less obstacle towards LongNight’s reign and debacle.

--

Nearly done! Keep stuffing and/or stitching up the carpets! No post order!
He was something solid
to lean against
violent and fierce and unmoving
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"Luck was with us this time," Jigano met Deimos's smile with a wry one of his own, remembering so many other times that they had undertaken a task together and struggled every step of the way. After that, though, they were busy stuffing the prepared rugs and Jigano began humming a steady working tune to pass the time until the snow moss was gone and the rugs had taken shape.

The final trick would be to ensure that the moss didn't come out of its new home, which meant tight tiny stitches to sew the rugs shut. Jigano flexed his fingers - and his Creation magic - and pulled a heavy steel needle from the air with a wry nod to the General. "Sewing leather is a different beast entirely to sewing cloth. My compliments on the work you two did already." Indeed, Isla's suturing techniques would come in handy as the bard set to muscling the needle through the leather and closing up the gaps of his chosen rugs.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
With the arrival of Jigano and Lily, Oliver found himself relaxing a bit more. Something was off with Deimos and he wasn't sure what it was. The two hadn't even spoken, but there was some sort of tension. Whatever.

Focusing on finishing off the hide he had worked on, Oliver tried to sew it up. "It is very different. Maybe I'll be able to try and do some of this on my own." It was a light comment and only the second one he had really made since the work begun. Hopefully the others wouldn't be upset with him talking a little bit. The work was almost done and so, he saw no reason to not engage in a small bit of chatter. "Thank you, Jigano and Lily, for gathering the snow moss. It'll help us out a lot."
i saw that my life
was a vast glowing empty page
and i could do anything i wanted
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LILY
oh, cover your crystal eyes
and let your colors bleed and blend with mine

The redhead nods in agreement; “Just a couple of small snags,” she adds, thinking it both a literally and figuratively apt way to put it. There’s really no need to thank them, so she just offers a smile and a shrug to Oliver before turning back to her work as if to say it’s nothing. Just a few more transfers before her bag is empty, and she looks to the rugs, eyeing their thickness and thinking that someone else is probably better at shoving a needle through that kind of thing. Right on cue, the men deliver, and so she simply offers to hold the ends together to make it easier. In fact, she can hold one rug in each hand for them, if they are so inclined to get things done quickly!

---------

Lily finishes stuffing and offers to hold the rugs closed so the others can stitch. One in each hand, if possible XD
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Snorting at the insinuation of luck on their side from the Sage (and arching a brow at Lily’s small snags comment, but naught else seemed to go further), he shook his head mildly, before proceeding to assist in stuffing the rugs one-by-one. They all obtained a certain cadence and rhythm to their ambitions and aspirations; either placing moss within, or stitching up the remains of the rug, tugging them into tight seams, anchoring and mooring ties, knots, and string together. Eventually, they’d formed a grouping of rugs and carpets of various sizes, flattened out, the softened aspects meant to quell noise from within the College, or anywhere else they needed to be.

Even Deimos, a man of high standards, was impressed. “Well done to all of you. This will provide ample aid in LongNight preparations.” Thereafter, he dragged the sled from around the corner, and began to load the hides along the empty sections, gently layering them upon one another, intending to only make one trip. “I will take these to the College and Temple.” The former because it was labeled and designated as their shelter in the upcoming storm, and the latter in case there were still others that chose to remain in their own homes.

His eyes lifted to Lily briefly, the barest hint of a smile on his features. “Will you be singing to the luxere?” He presumed so, given her talents, but perhaps it would be a hint in a leadership role, in renditions and refrains. Her abilities had kept them safe when he’d brought the damned Monster Hunter’s Guild crashing down around them – fire and cinders, ash and smoke.

Afterwards though, they were released from their burdens, before he stewed too deep into melancholy, bidding them off into the rest of Frostfall endeavors. “I have the rest of this handled. Thank you for your efforts, and let me know if you want to assist in anything else.”

--

PQ complete! Thank you everyone for participating!

You may write a wrap-up post or not, and I’ll close this in a couple days!

{FIN}
He was something solid
to lean against
violent and fierce and unmoving
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
The job was done in good time, with no further mishaps or injuries, and Jigano grinned in conspiratorial camaraderie with Lily and Oliver at Deimos's compliments. "Glad to help. Anything we can do to increase the protections on those left behind, the better." Some, like Oliver and Aisha it sounded like, would be helping Sam tend to the refugees in Torchline, but for those who couldn't - or wouldn't - leave... well. He'd do everything he could for them.

He tilted his head towards Lily curiously at the General's question, bowing his head in agreement. "If you'd care to lead a trip to the woods for it, I'd like to help," he offered, remembering a little wistfully how the previous year's Blight had kept him far from the deer for fear of scaring them away rather than coaxing them close. "I still owe you an instrumental accompaniment." Perhaps 'owe' was the wrong word, but they'd never gotten around to that duet they'd talked about last Flowerbirth. Besides, he liked the fiery-maned entertainer and her quick wit.

He nodded to Oliver as well, a hard worker in spite of his bandaged hand. But Deimos was loading up the rugs and Jigano went to collect his cloak from the door. "We should start working on those Sparkbird offerings, soon, too" he suggested. "When that gets underway I'd be happy to lend a hand." With that he'd bow to the lovely lady and gentlemen and take his leave.

{Finished for Jigano}
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LILY
oh, cover your crystal eyes
and let your colors bleed and blend with mine

She hadn’t anticipated the question from Deimos, but in the moments after he asked, she warmed a bit, glowing and preening on the inside that her skills (though absent sine Fiat Lux) had been remembered. “It’s on the to-do list,” she responds a bit cheekily. “Probably closer to the Torchline departure date,” the singer adds, thinking that they ought to space it out, since Evie was heading a singing session soon. And as Jigano chimes in, she turns to him with a smile as well - surprised that he offered to join. “Of course, please do.”

Then a small bout of dismay flits across her face. “I’m afraid it’ll just be you playing, though. Lost my lap harp at Fiat Lux…” It had been quite a blow to her. She should ask someone to make her another one, but… well, perhaps she needs a permanent to-do list. Maybe it would make her stop from procrastinating.  

Rising to go, she offers everyone a small wave. “Not a problem, Deimos. See you all later.”