Personal Quest to sing the waters still
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Evie
i'll plant a row of daisy seeds
in the space beneath each eye
Now that she has been convinced to remain in the Grounds, unable to return to Halo even if she desires to, Evie is dedicated to doing her best to prepare the land and its people for LongNight. The College stands empty, but her Apothecary is still well-stoked and tended to. Phoebe has left, Loren remains in Halo...Evie feels as if she is one of the few healers left, and she won't abandon her people in their darkest hour.

But before the fall of the sun, before they are ensconced wholly in blackness and despair, they can at least prepare. Evie has never organized such a thing like this, participating in luring the Luxere on a more personal, private basis. The fact remains that they simply don't have the time for that now. All hands are needed.

After a post on the notice board, she arrives in her winter wear, small bundles of grass tied in a larger roll that hangs upon her back. They will have to collect more, clear some snow, and procure water (not to mention singing of course) in order to interest the creatures, but she is ready for the work ahead.

PQ for luring Luxere for LongNight! Starting with three open spots, willing to increase if anyone else is interested so long as we can keep it moving.

1. ---
2. ---
3. ---
so they'll remind you of your beauty
when they bloom each time you cry
Arialla Calimeris

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Arialla

Arialla was getting worried about LongNight. She kept hearing rumors of how deadly this time of year could be, and she wasn't looking forward to seeing for herself. (She would have loved to be gone from Caido by LongNight, but if she ever was going to make it home, it certainly wouldn't be this season.) It wouldn't hurt to pitch in on preparations. She wasn't sure how luring Luxere would help, as she knew very little about the animal, but if they did, that was good enough for her.

And she thought she might be good at it, as little experience as she had with working in the snow -- she'd never even seen snow before her arrival in Caido. However, she did have an excellent singing voice and a delicate hand with animals. Both had been quite useful for a priestess who spent her day singing hymns and making sacrifices. If Arialla could sing a god out of heaven to bless her, she didn't doubt that she could attract some deer; if she could keep a goat calm as she led it to slaughter, she hoped convincing a reindeer to come get some nice food and water would be easy.

So she arrived now in her warmest, most practical clothes and approached the woman with the rolls of grass. "Hello, are you the Apothecarist? Evie Wordsworth? I'm hoping to help with the Luxere."
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
there's something bout your love
Aisha had been quite busy lately, focusing most all of her efforts into helping people through Deepfrost, preparing them for Longnight, and making plans and ends meet with Oliver. It was nice to be so busy, to feel important, Aisha had no qualms with extra work. She'd read the notice, asking for a group to gather and lure luxere, a creature she'd heard much of but hadn't seen yet.

That was enough to stoke some curious embers inside her, so she made her way out to the designated portion of the woodlands. The blonde was met by two redheads, one younger and one bearing a slight resemblance to another redhead she'd met recently. Wordsworth had been a familiar signature, and Sam had said he'd had a sister. Aisha offered the pair a smile, "Here to help with the luxere," she said, a simple enough greeting considering there was work to be done. She’d come bearing her own burden of fruits, things she’d collected over the past days in a pack at her side.
that makes me wanna kill it
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Lily
sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Singing to Luxere is the one thing Lily is really good at and if it didn’t signal the coming of LongNight, she’d enjoy it far more than she already does. If the luxere could hang around all the time, that would be great too - but alas, they are cold weather creatures and she is not.

After seeing Evie’s post on the notice board, she dons her wolf cloak and bundles herself up, putting layers upon layers for the potentially long excursion into the woods. And despite her loathing of the cold, she is excited to sing again, having only done so for herself since the terrible incident at Fiat Lux. Grabbing one of the two bags of hay she’s managed to procure just for this kind of occasion, as well as a few older apples and carrots, Lily heads for the meeting place and when she arrives, offers an enthusiastic wave to Evie. “Hello!”

She knows of the other redhead and has seen her at some events, but doesn’t really know her. The others are also fairly unknown, but the entertainer gives them smiles all the same. She’s ready. Let’s do this.
merry of soul, she sailed on a day
over the sea to Skye
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie
It seems they are fated to a group of all beautiful girls, and Evie is admittedly a little flustered at the prospect. Her days are often spent amongst men, with few female friends to speak of, and she is not as straight as many would expect her to be. But she is also quite disciplined (and inexperienced, on the other hand) and they have an important job set before them.

Arialla is the first to arrive, and Evie turns with a warm and welcoming smile, copper curls tickling against her cheeks. "I am, yes. Thank you for coming, I'm glad you found the meeting area! Can I ask your name?" It seems only fair considering all who arrive will already know of Evie's name and title. She'd like to be at least amicably closer to her fellow workers.

Aisha - another stranger to Evie, and she despairs over being unaware of these new additions to her home as a Natural - is far briefer in her announcement but welcomed with the same cheer and good spirits as the Apothecarist waves her closer. And last but not least is Lily, whom Evie knows only as the woman she'd assisted and healed during the disaster of Fiat Lux. She is greeted with a wave and a smile, waiting until all are collected before speaking.

"Thank you all so much for coming. The Luxere are a vital part of our protections for LongNight, and though they're easily lured with singing we can win their affections and loyalties by going an extra step." Here she unburdens herself of the small bundles of grasses, handing them out to the women if they will allow her to. "First, we need to clear out the snow so we can reveal the foliage that remains beneath. Then we will lay the grass here on the cleared portions, so that they don't have to toil to get a mouthful." Pawing away snow with a stubborn good does not displace much after all, and the easy access will hopefully entice the creatures. "If you want to hold onto these so they don't get damp, we can begin clearing snow. Watch for ice and burrows, I can assist with any injuries but if we can avoid twisted ankles it would be preferable." It comes out teasingly, winking at the group at large before turning away and placing her own grass back into her knapsack.

Clearing snow is no easy process, but they have hands, feet, and - in Evie's case - a bough of evergreen that she pulls to her and snaps off with a gesture of her magic. With it, she begins to sweep away the snow like it's an overly large broom. Hoping to inspire the others to buckle down and get started.

Thank you for joining! Our first step is clearing snow to place the grasses and fruits collected. Be careful of ice and holes! I will be rolling for success.
Arialla Calimeris

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

Arialla

"My name is Arialla." She smiled back, set at ease by Evie's kind mannerisms. Though no one had asked, she added, "I haven't been in Caido for long. This will be my first LongNight."

And I'm still thinking it might be smart to just flee to Torchline before anything happens, she didn't say. It was an option, but part of her didn't want to abandon the Hollowed Grounds. Oh, damn it, she was starting to care about this place. She'd better nip that in the bud.

For now, however, the only buds she needed to worry about were the grasses and foliage they intended to feed the luxere. Arialla liked the way Evie talked about the animals, seeking their affection and loyalty. It added warmth to the expedition -- and gods knew Arialla could use warmth. Winter was not her time, as it turned out.

Still, she did her best to clear the snow. She found herself slightly envious of Evie's branch, as trying to move the snow with her hands was getting them soaked and freezing. Actually ... Arialla paused in her clearing to reach up and try to imitate Evie by breaking off another branch. Too bad that she didn't have magic to make it easier.

----------------------

Arialla will spend a little time clearing snow with her hands before trying to break off a branch herself. I'll let the rolls decide whether she succeeds, if that's OK. (First time in a proper quest, so I apologize if I make mistakes.)

please don't take my sunshine away

coding base by Skylark
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA
One more came, yet another ginger, and just as beautiful. As Evie had, Aisha also took note of the beauty of the group, not leaving out herself of course (as vain as she could be). The femininity of them as well, brought a pleased smile to her face, proud to be a part of this quest of powerful women.

Soon enough Evie announced the beginning of the task, thanking them all for coming. Aisha bore an playfully easygoing smirk, listening carefully as she laid out the engagements. Clearing out the grounds, laying the offerings. Seemed simple, though as the hostess mentioned there were precautions to be taken. Winter did make chores such as these more difficult, with its frigid tricks and dangers.

She took the bundle of grasses that Evie handed her, "Thanks love," she replied with a honeyed tone, then placed her own pack and bundle at the base of a tree nearby. Alright, down to business, the others began to work and so did she. There wasn't much the leopardess could do to aid, claws and fangs ill equipped for shoveling snow. A shovel could've been nice though. With a quiet huff, wondering sarcastically why nobody had thought of that, she got to moving the snow with her hands, and using her boots when it was easier.

Aisha uses her hands to help remove snow and foliage!
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Lily
She’d been a fool to miss that the party was mostly redheads, turning her gaze on Arialla and Aisha, she offers them both a dazzling, wide smile, and extends a hand enthusiastically. “Hi, I’m Lily,’ she offers, after learning just one of their names. Holding up her own preparations, the singer politely declines Evie’s offerings, having come already prepared, like the ‘veteran’ of LongNights that she is. In fact, she takes her own bag of hay and ties it to an overhanging branch, to keep it ‘dry’ whilst they work.

Instructions given, she looks at the cold ground with the tiniest frown. More cold things. Yuck. Well, maybe fur will protect better than gloves can. Partially shifting her hands into paws, Lily is hopeful that she’ll be able to withstand the cold a little better and move more surface area. Fur ruffles up her neck to keep her warm, though she soon finds that it isn’t needed - the activity itself generates some body heat to make her soon retract the built-in scarf. And when her paws begin to get cold, she begins to kick and scrape at the snow with her boots.
over the sea to Skye
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
"Then welcome to Caido," she offers kindly, eyes crinkling at the corners from years of smiling. "We really appreciate the help. But if you're worried about LongNight, I know many who would be happy to host you in lands where there are no dangers." Evie will always take an experienced hand or a willing fighter (with how quickly things always go inevitably to hell) but she would not risk someone fresh-faced if she could prevent it. There is no shame in seeking safety over stupid bravery.

They all get to work summarily, and Evie is distinctly proud of their efforts. Each woman succeeds at their task, far more than Evie herself at least, who - despite all her warnings - is the one to slip on concealed ice and land flat on her back, wind knocked out of her and pine needles on her face. Once she has recovered her air with a wheeze, it transforms into a helpless laugh as she crawls back to her feet, aware of how sore she would be without her magic. It's easy to conceal the use of it when doing it to herself at least, chasing away the bruises that would have formed.

"Well, at least I'm a good example." Chuckling as she shakes her head at herself, she gets to work still trying to clear out the last few areas that her far more adept partners have made. It's a pitiful addition, but Aisha, Lily, and Arialla have made great enough strides that it doesn't matter as much. Arialla seems to have taken up Evie's idea, though with much better success. And though they may feel cold on their hands or feet, the warmth of activity will keep each woman warm.

"That went a lot faster than planned. We can start setting out the food now!" Hopefully she wouldn't trip on a hidden apple and break an ankle, if this is how her luck intends to hold out.

Everyone rolled fantastically! Except Evie oops. Because of it the snow has been sufficiently cleared. Start laying your hay, fruit, etc!
Arialla Calimeris

Change author:

Arialla

Arialla nodded at Evie's words. It was good to have a more experienced individual confirm her instinct to flee. "I might just take you up on that. I was thinking of going to Torchline -- I like it there. It reminds me of home. I might move there full-time if ..."

If I can't leave Caido, she'd been about to say, but she didn't want to mention her quest in front of yet another person who would surely just tell her it was impossible. Instead she finished on a lighter note: "But as long as I'm here, I might as well lend a hand with the preparations."

And a hand Arialla certainly lent. She was proud to see how much snow she cleared with her efforts, though Evie's fall concerned her. "Are you all right?"

Watching the others, Arialla couldn't help but stare a little at Lily's transformation, though she tried not to be obvious or rude about it. From the others' lack of reaction, this was clearly commonplace in Caido, as were many things Arialla never would have expected to see at home. Arialla's attention certainly wasn't judgmental, simply surprised.

With the snow-clearing finished, Arialla turned her attention to setting out the hay Evie had brought. Since she hadn't known what to expect from the luxere luring, she hadn't brought any supplies of her own.

---------

Arialla's setting out hay!

coding base by Skylark
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Clearing the patches of earth from their powdery confines went well enough. Soon, and with only one unfortunate fall from Evie, the women had successfully made neat and open clearings in the snow. Evie announced that it was time to begin laying the fruits and other offerings for the luxere, Aisha shoved her hands down her pockets for a moment of dry warmth, before moving on to the next task.

She'd collected some fruits over that past day, stuff she'd traded and stuff that they had stored back at the manor. Retrieving her pack of said offerings, as well as the grasses Evie had distributed in bundles, Aisha began to carefully arrange her earthen altar. The hay made a nice table cloth, the fruits laid on top as the main course.

Aisha lays out the fruits she'd brought on top of a layer of grass from Evie.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:
Lily
Listening absently to the slight chatter, Lily perks up a little as she hears that one of the other women is thinking of leaving the Grounds during LongNight. “I would go to Torchline if I were you. Warmer. Beaches. No bloodthirsty Monsters. A bunch of us will be there.” She offers a smile to Arialla and then continues to do the things, that is until Evie falls, at which point she offers the healer a fur-covered paw if she wants it.

With the snow cleared away, she turns to the bag of hay and older fruit/veggies she brought, shifting paws back to her hands and reaching inside to pull a clump out and sift it on the ground. When the bag is empty, she lays the other tempting lovelies on the ground and then steps back to survey their work. What a luxere-friendly snack buffet!
over the sea to Skye
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
"I'm sure they'd welcome you gladly on a more permanent basis," she comforts kindly. Though Evie will be sad to see her go, as she has already quietly despaired over the mass exodus away from the Grounds. It feels just as lonely as her girlhood days, when the barrier still stood and everyone had a distant gaze and gaunt faces. In a way she's grateful for the fall, as it helps disrupt such memories, and she waves away Arialla's concern with a self-conscious titter of laughter. Hopefully Lily's response will keep her from getting too distracted by Evie's lack of stiffness from the subtle use of magic.

Or perhaps it's already too late, for Arialla goes sprawling face first in her hay as she moves to unwind it. Evie makes a startled noise from where she had spread out her own hay adequately, hustling over to try and help the woman up and brush away the clinging grass.

Lily and Aisha prevail consistently, needing no help or oversight it seems which Evie is profoundly grateful for. Aside from setting up her Apothecary shop, she hasn't led such a group before, and it gives her some deal of anxiety. "Here, I'll help. Can you ladies get started on filling some buckets with snow? It will melt down to water eventually, unless you can speed it up somehow." Then she turns with a smile back to Arialla, moving to help spread out the bale of hay so the lass doesn't get left behind.

Evie forsakes the next task to help Arialla, who has taken a tumble headfirst into the hay and onto the ground! Ouch! Lily and Aisha, keep being fabulous.

Setting up water next! Buckets are supplied.
Arialla Calimeris

Change author:

Arialla

It wasn't the first time Arialla had slipped and fallen in the snow this DeepFrost, and it certainly wouldn't be the last. Torchline sounded better and better every moment.

"Thank you," she told Evie, both for the offer of assistance in moving to Torchline and for the more immediate hand up, which she accepted, of course. Sneezing a little, Arialla brushed hay off her face as Evie did the same to her clothes. Arialla was a bit bruised, but she'd manage, so she quickly got back to spreading hay. With luck, she wouldn't put them too far behind ... though she hoped they weren't on too tight a schedule here, either. If she worked hard, maybe she'd even have time to help with the buckets as well -- although she didn't relish the thought of scooping up snow with her already-damp gloves.

---------

Arialla's going to focus on finishing up the hay-spreading. Not sure if she'll have the time/chance to work on buckets too, but she'll pitch in if she can, just grabbing snow with her hands and plopping it into the nearest bucket.

coding base by Skylark