rain rain go away {SE} {OPEN}
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
LongNight does some strange shit to you: like going back to the Greatwood. What Oliver was visiting for were some supplies. Recently, he had gotten a request to fix up an item that was engraved with leaf and vine designs. In order to properly recreate it, Oliver brought along a small sack with a notebook and enough room to take some things back with him.

Oliver only really went here for unique or out of the ordinary things. None were exactly 'crucial' but hey, he thought they spiced up his life. Sometimes literally. The last time he had visited here, he had a random makeout session in the middle of the forest. Fanastic. Obviously, that probably wasn't going to happen again. What did happen was sort of similar to his last visit: 'sort of' meaning only like, 2% similar. That 2% similarity is that it involved water! Fan-fucking-tastic. And not fun water either.

It was a flood.

It started out small with just some damp grass before he could hear it in the distance. Sprinting over, Oliver immediately started to get to work. Using one of the trees that was already fallen over, Oliver started to use a combination of his earth magic and telekinesis to move the log to hopefully form as a mini dam, keeping the flood contained.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN

Even great Leaders had to take a break every so often; Morgan had made sure everything was in place for a day so she could go on a journey, wanting to have a chance to breathe. After seeing Nephele at the meeting, she had been curious about the Fae and their Greatwood once again and thought it might be a good idea to explore there instead of the Grounds, which she was swiftly becoming familiar with.

She knew everywhere struggled with the seasonal changes at the beginning of the year, but she was not aware of the extent of which it was true in the Greatwood; hearing a huge amount of running water she went towards the sound, curious and wanting to help if needed with her abilities. Through the trees, she came across quite a unique scene indeed, a young man pushing over a trunk to try and stop the waves: she had a much more efficient method.

Standing on a rock overlooking the flood, she raised her hands and with all her strength, halted the water's flow. Frozen in place it shook and waved just slightly but did not move. Looking to Oliver, Morgan commanded: "Build your dam quickly while I hold it."
Oh, my love, don't forsake me
Take what the water gave me
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
The log is only doing so much and Oliver isn't able to do as much as he'd like: his magic isn't nearly strong enough. This isn't a deterrent: simply a minor block. He simply has to work through things in a slower way than he would like. That was until the water seemingly stopped before him.

Blue eyes widen and he looks around before he spots the girl- Morgan- someone he is completely unfamiliar with. She utters a simple command and Oliver nods, right. There's work to do and now is not the time for introductions.

Focusing back on the water before him, Oliver gets to work quickly, working on moving multiple logs and rocks steadily as he combines his magic to move them along. The flood of water progressively narrows down, no longer taking over the entire forest and now focusing on a steady stream. "I can't stop it entirely- I don't think at least... is there a stream near me?" Oliver hadn't been looking- a failure on his part. Hopefully the unfamiliar assistant was far more aware of their surroundings.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
Lay me down
Let the only sound
Thankfully, Oliver seemed to get on with the job, understanding what it was she had stopped the water for him to do: good. Morgan wasn't in the mood to suffer idiots lately, not when she was so busy, and especially not during the rare days she got to spend away from Halo. He got on with placing more logs down, Morgan holding back the stream with quite some effort, her arms ever so slightly shaking with the force of the water pushing against her.

"I don't know. I am unfamiliar with the area." She sighed, not wanting to let go of the water, knowing it would cause chaos, but unable to hold it for much longer. "I recommend you think of a solution quickly, before I drop this." Her voice was firm, eyes fixed on Oliver as if he were one of her young recruits.
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Neither were residents of the Greatwood nor were either familiar with the land. It was fine, they could work it out. Totally, yeah.

Then he had the most brilliant (or stupid) idea yet.

What Oliver was about to do was.... maybe insane, but honestly? Why the fuck not. It was a crazy idea but there was a chance it just might work. "I'm going to go as fast as I can... if you have to stop you can and we can retry once I'm done." And with that he quickly went to work- or as fast as he really could with his magic.

Once more, combining Earth and Telekinesis, Oliver begins to try and make a brand new stream. Walking along the water and moving on past it, he begins to move the earth and rocks to create a crevice in the ground, forming a half pipe. If all went well: a new stream would be formed and he could hopefully connect it with a new one.

For as long as Morgan could hold on, Oliver would move as fast as he could, walking along and making the crevice as long as he could, winding around roots and moving until he spotted a decently sized creek ahead. "I'm almost done!" And with that he was back to work, moving along and hopefully inching closer and closer to connecting the two together.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Lay me down
Let the only sound
Thankfully, Oliver seemed to take the initiative and come up with an idea. Morgan kept the water held easily, finding that once she got into a rhythm with it it wasn't too hard, the water responding to her gently rolling it back into itself, allowing it to keep up some motion. She watched him move the earth with some surprise, eyebrows raised: impressive, actually, though she did wonder how the Fae would feel about the uprooting of trees and restructuring of their rivers.

She followed along as he walked, gently easing her hold on the water bit by bit to let it flow into the new trench. "Don't worry; I am practiced and can hold it. You are doing good work. Continue." Morgan would follow along with the water until the connection was made at which point she would let it go with a roar as it crashed down into the new pit; she clapped her hands together and stretched, happy to have found her powers weren't as limited as she might have thought.

--
Morgan rolled a 20 for controlling the water.
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Smiling confidently, Oliver offered Morgan a smile and continued on his steady work. The dirt and rocks were easy to move and manipulate thanks to the combination of his magic. It was tiring work and looking down was honestly harder than he thought. Once or twice he'd stumble ever so slightly due to not being able to really watch where he was going, but in enough time it seemed the task had been accomplished... almost.

The manmade stream was fully connected to the natural one and Oliver was met with rushing water. Allowing himself to relax, Oliver let out a massive sigh and took in a few deep breaths. "Holy shit." Once he was granted a few moments rest he was able to take things slow and begin work on the final motions.

Trekking back up the small trench he had made, Oliver started to work on handling any roots he might've accidentally come into contact with. Each one was handled with care, either where he would create a new curve in the stream to go around it or he would simply help it go back into the ground.

Whilst doing this, he was able to speak with Morgan properly. "Thank you so much for your help, you did a really damn good job." It was honestly super impressive and Oliver was kind of jealous of her magic. "You know... I don't think I was ever able to get your name. I'm Oliver." He would've shaken her hand but he was a tad bit busy with the roots. There goes being formal.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Lay me down
Let the only sound
Oliver continued to work and to Morgan's slight surprise and delight, he successfully connected the stream; she let go of the water slowly so it wouldn't splash too much, a bit at a time breaking off to flow down the path they had carved into the Earth. Finally all of the water was once again together, the stream moving without her input, and she lowered her hands, letting out a tired but pleased breath.

"Morgan Aristomache." She introduced herself, following along as she watched him sort the roots; something she had not even thought of doing. "I have been practicing my water magic since I was a child. In the mountains of Halo, there is plenty of snow to work with." It really had been the obvious choice for her as a starting point in magic, and even now Morgan had a special affinity for water above all else.

Looking around their surroundings, the tall trees, she wondered: "Do you live here? I have yet to see any of the Fae...I assume you are not one...?" Perhaps the question would be offensive if Oliver indeed was, but she couldn't see any wings and...well. Morgan was not always the most sweet talker.
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The name Morgan was automatically familiar. He hadn’t heard a lot but he certainly knew her position in Halo and the importance she had. He gives her a nod of understanding. ”I can tell, you really did an amazing job with your magic. Thank you for helping me out with it. “ It was absolutely impressive and he admired her abilities in that brief moment of chaos. Without her help, they absolutely wouldn’t have been able to reroute the water.

Her next questions causes him to realize he really hasn’t properly introduced himself. A shake of his head and he offers Morgan a soft smile. ”Nah, I’m not a Fae. I’m attuned and abandoned- started out as an abandoned when I arrived here. Right now I’m living in the Hollowed Ground,” It wasn’t much of a history but it’d hopefully help her out quite a bit with understanding who he was. ”The Fae are great, but don’t get too close to their village. I’ve only heard tales of the shit that happens if you get too close.” Oliver tried to keep light but also takes the time to warn Morgan, clearly unsure of how much she actually knew.

”What brings you all the way out here? You’re pretty far from Halo.”
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Lay me down
Let the only sound
"You're welcome." Morgan looked down at the water, wondering how she would have handled the problem alone; probably by picking up as much as she could and moving it to a safer location, which would admittedly have been much harder. With the problem over she could relax a little; she leaned against a tree, crossing her arms as she listened to Oliver talk.

Thankfully, it seemed she was good enough at identifying who was not a Fae, as Oliver confirmed he wasn't. Being both Attuned and Abandoned felt like a contradiction to Morgan, but she knew others of the same persuasion so said nothing, just nodded. Personally, she'd never be able to reconcile with the Gods that had abandoned her well enough to let them give her new forms. "I've heard they can be territorial. I have also heard they have had trouble though, especially with Ascended." She left that in the air, seeing if Oliver would respond.

"With the portals, it's not too far." Morgan pointed out, not even considering the distance in actual physical space now that they had their new way to travel. "I've been trying to explore and find out as much about other places as possible, since so much of the world has suddenly opened up. It's only practical to know your potential allies...or enemies."
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
A wince and he nods. Yep... that sounds about right. "Yeah... I arrived after the whole chaos of what happened... I'm an Outlander, by the way." He couldn't remember if he had said it before, but it seemed kind of important to include. "But, from what I know... the Ascended harmed a tree that's crucial to the lives of the Fae... and ever since then they've had a strong distaste." His voice is soft with a great understanding of why the Fae would feel this way. Oliver doesn't understand the nuances, far from it, but at a surface level, he can feel sympathy.

There is a nod of understanding. Of course, she's the leader so it makes perfect sense to want to explore the territories of potential allies or enemies. Get a lay of the land as one never knows what will happen the next time they arrive. "It must've been a lot for you guys... I mean, you've lived in Halo your whole life I'd assume, so to suddenly have the portals open must be a lot." Oliver can deeply relate: he's an Outlander, coming through his own portal to this new world. It may not be quite the same, but he can see why she'd want to explore.

"What are your thoughts? You know... of all the other places to see and visit?" It would hopefully help him get a better idea of who exactly he was talking to.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Lay me down
Let the only sound
"Oh, I can tell you're an Outlander." Morgan said quickly, not intending to be offensive but unsure how Oliver didn't know it was obvious: his accent (or lack of a recognisable one), the unusual way he used his magic, the fact she'd never heard of him before...she knew the signs of the newcomers, by now.

Hearing what the Ascended had done, she frowned; what was the purpose of harming a tree? She'd have to investigate further, as Morgan doubted the Ascended were the sort for meaningless vandalism, but she decided not to ask Oliver any more: she didn't want it to get out that she was asking too many questions about the Ascended.

It was a lot, but she had taken it in her stride: the world threw problems and opportunities at you, and you either responded or fell to them. Morgan shrugged and put her hands in her pockets, leaning back against a tree. "I think it gave our citadel the push it desperately needed towards the future. Things were getting stale. I only wish we could have had it before the Launceleyns arrived." But wishes were unimportant: what mattered was how they improved things now.

"The Hollowed Grounds is...hardy. The people there are impressive...frankly, because they have survived in such a dull and depressing place." The colours in the Hollowed Grounds even seemed muted. "Torchline is beautiful, but I have not had much cause to go there. I have heard it has issues with crime, so there must be something ugly under the surface." As for the Greatwood, she looked around and above them, at the verdant green surrounding the newly-made river. "...This, I'm not sure about. What do you think of this world?"
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
A huff of laughter and he runs a hand through his hair. "What gave it away?" He offers her a soft smile, clearly not bothered by the idea. He cant disguise his origin and it's much better to embrace it than try to put on an act of being a Natural. Why anyone would be afraid of being an Outlander, he'd never understand. Maybe at one point or another, he felt that way, but now he knew better than to do that.

It's odd to hear Loren and his brother be talked about in such a light, but what can he do? "I mean... I guess you're right... I haven't met his brother, Neron, but I do know Loren pretty well." It seems only fair he offer his own opinions on the man, since maybe it'd give Morgan a different idea of who the man once was. "He was one of the first people I ever met when I came here... I didn't have any memories and he offered me a place to stay. He's always been there for me and I couldn't ask for anything else." He wasn't going to go into deep detail, but that would hopefully help her to understand why Oliver may try to defend Loren.

"He left the manor alone and since nobody else in his family ever came to the Grounds, I've kinda taken it over... making sure if anybody needs a place to stay, there's a room available there. Kinda like... an Inn? Of sorts... but I mostly offer it to Outlanders." It was a lot to say and he was now blushing a bit, realizing just how much he had been rambling on. Morgan probably wasn't interested in hearing his whole life story, but it'd give her all she needed to know about him.

Her opinions on the lands were absolutely accurate. The Grounds weren't something Oliver would ever call pretty, but there was a unique energy that was generated by the residents. "This... it's like nothing I've ever seen... I have read about places like these in stories we'd hear... where there would be unicorns and gnomes and stuff like that... it's so beautiful and I hope it never gets tarnished." His eyes look around, appreciating the beauty that the Greatwood has to offer.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Lay me down
Let the only sound
"Your voice." Morgan stated simply, as that had been the biggest giveaway. In the short amount of time that she'd gotten to explore lands outside of Halo, she'd gotten used to the regional dialects and accents that resided in reach: Oliver did not have any of them.

Oliver's speech about Loren implied that he thought Morgan didn't like him, when that was really not the case at all. She held up a hand and shook her head. "I think I have given the wrong impression. While the Launceleyns should not have been in power in Halo, the twins are both friends of mine. Loren is even on my council." She saw it as entirely possible, maybe even necessary, to separate the power-hungry nature of the family from the individuals she had gotten to know.

She merely nodded at the news of the manor; maybe it would be a good thing to tell any new Outlanders that arrived, but other than that it did not interest her.

"Unicorns?" With a short laugh, Morgan put her fingers to her mouth and whistled. Eunike had been left to explore the forest as long as she didn't go too far and now she stepped through the trees towards them, her golden trims shining in the dappled sunlight. "I brought her here, but this is Eunike."
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones