wouldnt hold my breath
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
This was where Morgan was happiest.

In the expanse of white and mountains, stretched out before her seemingly forever, Halo in all it's majesty surrounding her. While the Longheat sun had melted away some of the frost in it's determined fixed position in the sky, the overwhelming colour of the landscape was still the pale snow and grey summits. Wandering, she was looking for the Ascended shrine she'd heard so much about.

Not that she really expected to find it: for the most part, it was an excuse to wander in the Tundra. To let her thoughts run free in her mind as she stepped over each peak and edge, to watch frozen water under the ice. Quietly, Morgan stood at the edge of a precipice and breathed in the cold air, in love with her home.
There will come a time, you'll see
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
there's                    will

    a                you

      hole          go

        in           into

      the              the

    i c e                 i c e ?
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
When she first noticed the hole in the ice, Morgan nearly walked past it. New caverns and dips in the environment were normal in the ever-melting, shifting snow and ice of the Fangs. However, something about this small cavern drew her attention and slowly, she stepped towards it, drawing her hammer (she wasn't sure why, but she found herself anxious).

Now, Morgan had been living in the mountains since a young age, and knew better than to just mindlessly run into a new hole: an avalanche or cave in waiting to happen. Just ducking her head inside the hole, she used the handle of her hammer to reach up and tap the ceiling, testing it's stability.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
the

  ice

    is

      strong

        and

          brittle

            but

              does

                not

                  break.

                    deep

                      inside

                        a

                      bleating

                    cry

                  echoes

                faintly.

it

sounds

 a f r a i d 

&

 f r i g h t e n i n g
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
The ice proved steady under her handle, not seeming like it would collapse. Morgan supposed if it began to she could use her water magic to strengthen it anyway, because she still felt oddly compelled to enter -

- and that was before the cry. Immediately she leaned in, listening; she was not one to ignore those that needed help. Morgan for the moment put away her hammer on her back and took the first steps truly into the cavern, trying her best to peer into it. "Hello...?" She called, trying not to let the uneasy feeling the voice had given her take over; if someone was in danger here, she was not going to leave them.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
" h e l l o ?"

Is it an echo?

  echo?    e c h o     
e  c   h   o     ?

is it a child?

l o s t    a   l   o n e      
a  f   r   a     i    d

". . . l o  s   t    .     .      ."

you will have to go

d

e

e

p

e

r

into the ice

or else
turn back

n  o  o  n  e  w  i  l  l  
k  n  o  w

except for you
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Hearing a response to her call, Morgan stepped deeper into the cavern with a determined look on her face, not about to leave anyone in danger in the ice; if it was a spirit, some kind of trickster, she would pay the consequences: she could not live with herself if she had potentially left someone, maybe even a child, out to perish in the cold and dark. One hand touching the wall as it got darker, she continued into the cavern.

"My name is Morgan." She said out into the darkness, sure to pronounce each word clearly and loudly. "Can you tell me your name?" Keeping her language simple on purpose in case it was a child in the ice, she tried to tread softly so she could hear any response that came echoing down to her.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
 m      o      r      g
a      n      m
 o      r      g      a
n      m      o
 r      g      a      n

the words echo through the chasm. they laugh and cry and are full of knowledge, of certainty. of course she is morgan. what else would she be?

d  o    y  o  u    r  e  m  e  m  b  e  r  
m  o  r  g  a  n  ?
y  o  u    m  a  d  e    a    p  r  o  m  i  s  e
m  o  r  g  a  n

a cat materializes from the ice, or was it always there? it looks at the warden with bright green eyes. it does not blink.

y  o  u    f  o  r  g  o  t
m  o  r  g  a  n

n  o  w    y  o  u    a  r  e

w  a  r  d  e  n

o  a  t  h  b  r  e  a  k  e  r

a  s  c  e  n  d  e  d
f  u  c  k  e  r
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Suddenly, the voice changed; from childish innocence and panic to something more sinister and dark. Morgan stopped her descent into the cavern, putting one hand against the wall to steady herself as she held her hammer high and listened to what the now-antagonist voice had to say. At the mention of a 'promise' she frowned, unsure what it could be referring to.

The appearance of the cat made it easier to guess, but she still shook her head, for the moment ignoring the words 'Ascended Fucker'; they'd certainly haunt her later, but for now there were more important matters at hand. "I made no oath or promise to you. I asked for help; I've now changed my mind about the situation. What in that breaks an oath?" She asked, looking down at the cat.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
the cat remains nonchalant and unperturbed, as cats so often are.

i  n  t  e  n  t
  m  a  t  t  e  r  s  ,
    m  o  r  g  a  n

it stares at something over morgan's shoulder, though if the warden looks she will see only the impenetrable ice.

t  h  e  r  e
w  i  l  l
b  e
c o n s e q u e n c e s

the cat blinks and looks away, raising a paw and beginning to groom it without a care in the world.

c  h  o  o  s  e
n  o  w  ,  
m  o  r  g  a  n    

its green eyes snap back to the warden, utterly clear of judgment as they bore into her soul.

n  e  w    
  r  
    o  l  d
?
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Morgan did not look over her shoulder, instead staring straight at the cat as it 'spoke', an unimpressed expression on her face. Maybe it was because of the spirits non-threatening appearance, but she couldn't bring herself to be too worried about it's threats, especially as she knew she had done nothing wrong. She had changed her mind on an opinion she had never promised anybody and the first time she had come to this spirit, it had hardly reacted with enthusiasm anyway.

"I think one of my strengths as a Leader is staying neutral between the New and Old Gods. Helping both sides reach better understanding of each other." She said clearly, looking down at the cat's clear eyes with her own judgemental stare. "I will not choose."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
the cat blinks, and seems to shrug.

v  e  r  y
w  e  l  l

as suddenly it appears the creature is gone. behind morgan, the ice has given way to a tunnel leading to the surface. and that is it. nothing else happens. an interlude in the ice with seemingly no consequences.

for now

Morgan's unwillingness to choose a side has upset the spirits. Until a god forgives her, she has an increased likelihood of being cursed at shrines!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
The spirit seemed to accept her answer and at least for the moment not enact any punishment, but Morgan knew that upsetting such a being usually came with consequences. This time she'd have to accept them though, because she knew that she could not pick one particular side in the debate between Old and New. Halo was made of people from both the Voice and the Old Gods, and she would not value some over others; she had already almost made that mistake once.

It was time to get back to the Citadel, though this encounter would surely weigh on her mind for a long while, Morgan suspecting she had not heard of the last of it. For now, she walked up and out of the small cavern and across the snowy mountains, a troubled expression on her face all the way home.

{FIN}
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3